• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Keep the sabbath day Holy is one of the 10 commandments

Loyal
to me that means get togther with other believers and worship the Lord,,,,,,,, it also says not to murder and lie and steal,,,,,,so if we are to keep one of the commandments we should be keeping all the commandments,, yet so many seem to dismiss the the Holy day,, as an old custom for the Jews only

Active
to me that means get togther with other believers and worship the Lord,,,,,,,, it also says not to murder and lie and steal,,,,,,so if we are to keep one of the commandments we should be keeping all the commandments,, yet so many seem to dismiss the the Holy day,, as an old custom for the Jews only

One thing we need to remember is the 5th commandment is a ceremonial law or a shadow a parable of the good things to come when we receive our new incorruptible bodies. .Its meaning is signified (the understanding of a parable. ) hid from natural man.

Rightly dividing parable teaches us how to mix faith as the gospel preached to mankind

We can until then exercise the gospel rest called sabbath .Those yoked with Christ. Rest ( sabbath)a non time sensitive word .. . today as long as today is under the the Sun .

Hebrew 4: 1-2 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Learning how to mix faith is the key to understanding the rest spoken of as sabbath . Ceremonial laws shadows of the unseen true are not designed for self edification .I did it, it it proves I am being filled with the Spirit.

No such thing as a sign gift. we walk or understand the unseen Holy Spirt that works in us if we mix faith with the temporal things seen. .

Loyal
In the Spirit of the day, or in the actual following? If in the actual following, you need study up on the moon cycles that the old jewish calendar was based upon to find the saturday it revolves around, and then convince others to celebrate the same day in the same way.

Loyal
This is always a touchy subject... (aren't they all? :) )

Most of the 10 commandments are in Exodus 20.

3You shall have no other gods before Me. 4 “You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. 5 “You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the Lordyour God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing lovingkindness to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments. 7 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain.

8Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 “Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath of the Lord your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter, your male or your female servant or your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you. 11 “For in six days the Lordmade the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.

12Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the Lordyour God gives you.

13You shall not murder.

14You shall not commit adultery.

15You shall not steal.

16You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

17You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife or his male servant or his female servant or his ox or his donkey or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”

The two commandments missing here, Jesus said were the first and most important ones.

Deut 6:4; “Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is one! 5 “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. 6 “These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart.

Lev 19:18; ‘You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the Lord.

It seems for this thread we are focusing on Exod 20:8-11;

It find it interesting that all of these commandments except one are repeated in the New Testament.

Mark 7:20; And He was saying, “That which proceeds out of the man, that is what defiles the man. 21 “For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries, 22 deeds of coveting and wickedness, as well as deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride and foolishness. 23 “All these evil things proceed from within and defile the man.”

Rom 1:29; being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful;

For example verse 29 here talks about murder and envy. Verse 30 talks about hating God and dishonoring your parents, etc...

Exod 20:12 is repeated in Eph 6:1-3; 1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2 Honor your father and mother (which is the first commandment with a promise), 3 so that it may be well with you, and that you may live long on the earth

Rom 13:8-10; covers Exod 20:13; Exod 20:14; Exod 20:15; and Exod 20:17; Verse 9 covers Leviticus 19:18;

Rom 13:8; Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. 9 For this, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 10 Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

So almost all of the 10 commandments are repeated in the New Testament. In fact, all but one.
It would seems that Jesus himself broke this commandment, and yet somehow He did not sin.

Matt 12:8; “For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.” 9; Departing from there, He went into their synagogue. 10 And a man was there whose hand was withered. And they questioned Jesus, asking, “Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?”--so that they might accuse Him. 11 And He said to them, “What man is there among you who has a sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will he not take hold of it and lift it out? 12 “How much more valuable then is a man than a sheep! So then, it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.” 13 Then He said to the man, “Stretch out your hand!” He stretched it out, and it was restored to normal, like the other.

Jesus says in verse 12 here, it's lawful to do good on the Sabbath.

Mark 3:1; He entered again into a synagogue; and a man was there whose hand was withered. 2 They were watching Him to see if He would heal him on the Sabbath, so that they might accuse Him. 3 He said to the man with the withered hand, “Get up and come forward!” 4 And He said to them, “Is it lawful to do good or to do harm on the Sabbath, to save a life or to kill?” But they kept silent. 5 After looking around at them with anger, grieved at their hardness of heart, He said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.”And he stretched it out, and his hand was restored.

Luke 6:5 And He was saying to them, “The Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.” 6 *On another Sabbath He entered the synagogue and was teaching; and there was a man there whose right hand was withered. 7 The scribes and the Pharisees were watching Him closely to see if He healed on the Sabbath, so that they might find reason to accuse Him. 8 But He knew what they were thinking, and He said to the man with the withered hand, “Get up and come forward!” And he got up and came forward. 9 And Jesus said to them, “I ask you, is it lawful to do good or to do harm on the Sabbath, to save a life or to destroy it?” 10 After looking around at them all, He said to him, “Stretch out your hand!” And he did so; and his hand was restored.

Jesus asks the Pharisees here, is it lawful to do good on the Sabbath? Then He heals the man. This wasn't the only time Jesus healed on the Sabbath. Here is another passage.

Luke 13:10; And He was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath. 11 And there was a woman who for eighteen years had had a sickness caused by a spirit; and she was bent double, and could not straighten up at all. 12 When Jesus saw her, He called her over and said to her, “Woman, you are freed from your sickness.” 13 And He laid His hands on her; and immediately she was made erect again and began glorifying God. 14 But the synagogue official, indignant because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath, began saying to the crowd in response, “There are six days in which work should be done; so come during them and get healed, and not on the Sabbath day.” 15 But the Lord answered him and said, “You hypocrites, does not each of you on the Sabbath untie his ox or his donkey from the stall and lead him away to water him? 16 “And this woman, a daughter of Abraham as she is, whom Satan has bound for eighteen long years, should she not have been released from this bond on the Sabbath day?” 17 As He said this, all His opponents were being humiliated; and the entire crowd was rejoicing over all the glorious things being done by Him.

Yet a third time.

Luke 14:1; It happened that when He went into the house of one of the leaders of the Pharisees on the Sabbath to eat bread, they were watching Him closely. 2 And there in front of Him was a man suffering from dropsy. 3 And Jesus answered and spoke to the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, “Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath, or not?” 4 But they kept silent. And He took hold of him and healed him, and sent him away. 5 And He said to them, “Which one of you will have a son or an ox fall into a well, and will not immediately pull him out on a Sabbath day?” 6 And they could make no reply to this.

A fourth time.

John 9:13; They brought to the Pharisees the man who was formerly blind. 14 Now it was a Sabbath on the day when Jesus made the clay and opened his eyes. 15 Then the Pharisees also were asking him again how he received his sight. And he said to them, “He applied clay to my eyes, and I washed, and I see.” 16 Therefore some of the Pharisees were saying, “This man is not from God, because He does not keep the Sabbath.” But others were saying, “How can a man who is a sinner perform such signs?” And there was a division among them.

So then, did Jesus sin? The Bible says He didn't.
Heb 4:15; For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.

Paul says let no one judge you about the Sabbath, this is merely a shadow of the true substance which belongs to Jesus.

Col 2:16; Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day-- 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Loyal
In the Spirit of the day, or in the actual following? If in the actual following, you need study up on the moon cycles that the old jewish calendar was based upon to find the saturday it revolves around, and then convince others to celebrate the same day in the same way.
Almost forgot, then will it be Israel time or the time you are at?

Loyal
One must always uphold the "Moral Law" of GOD, Now is Keeping the Sabbath day "Sanctified, a moral law of GOD or a "Ceremonial Law"? And one most be sound and know what the "Sabbath" really means and for what purpose was it created. What says of history concerning a day of rest, in the secular and the religious genre? And what says, The LORD of The Sabbath?

PS... Neither is He a GOD of confusion :pensive: Now choose you this Day a God of Confusion or a "GOD of LIGHT" for there is no Darkness in HIM. :pensive:

Active
One must always uphold the "Moral Law" of GOD, Now is Keeping the Sabbath day "Sanctified, a moral law of GOD or a "Ceremonial Law"? And one most be sound and know what the "Sabbath" really means and for what purpose was it created. What says of history concerning a day of rest, in the secular and the religious genre? And what says, The LORD of The Sabbath?

PS... Neither is He a GOD of confusion :pensive: Now choose you this Day a God of Confusion or a "GOD of LIGHT" for there is no Darkness in HIM. :pensive:

I would say without doubt it is a ceremonial law as a shadow or parable of the eternal rest .

We will receive rest that some call sabbath in full when we receive our new incorruptible body . The translators should of used the word "rest" rather than a Hebrew word " sabbath" . Somehow some make the weekend rest ( two days) into a self edifying work .

I rested it proves I have the Spirit of Christ.

Loyal
I would say without doubt it is a ceremonial law as a shadow or parable of the eternal rest .

We will receive rest that some call sabbath in full when we receive our new incorruptible body . The translators should of used the word "rest" rather than a Hebrew word " sabbath" . Somehow some make the weekend rest ( two days) into a self edifying work .

I rested it proves I have the Spirit of Christ.
You said, your quote Garee;
"I would say without doubt it is a ceremonial law as a shadow or parable of the eternal rest'

And I say, you need to read your Bible.:pensive: this is so sad and very dangerous. And the danger is, GOD himself.:pensive:

Loyal
Col 2:16; Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day-- 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

WOW it does not get much clearer then that !! thanks Brother Ray for the great study. I have read those words so many times, yet they did not hit home until now.

Active
One thing we need to remember is the 5th commandment is a ceremonial law or a shadow a parable of the good things to come when we receive our new incorruptible bodies. .Its meaning is signified (the understanding of a parable. ) hid from natural man.

Rightly dividing parable teaches us how to mix faith as the gospel preached to mankind

We can until then exercise the gospel rest called sabbath .Those yoked with Christ. Rest ( sabbath)a non time sensitive word .. . today as long as today is under the the Sun .

Hebrew 4: 1-2 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Learning how to mix faith is the key to understanding the rest spoken of as sabbath . Ceremonial laws shadows of the unseen true are not designed for self edification .I did it, it it proves I am being filled with the Spirit.

No such thing as a sign gift. we walk or understand the unseen Holy Spirt that works in us if we mix faith with the temporal things seen. .
Explain how Honor your father and mother is ceremonial....It's to be a daily honoring of father and mother....If you think its only ceremonial, you need to learn what honor is.

Loyal
I do think many christians do not understand the difference between "The Moral Law of God and The Ceremonial Laws of God" and when they were given and where the "Israelites" where at when they were given these Laws.

If you have to look it up. Then you do not know the difference in the 2, and how they where given and where they where given. So in one moment as you read a statement on the internet. You will become a genius concerning the definition of "The Moral LAW and The Ceremonial Laws of GOD. WOW this is going to be interesting.:eyes:

I going to sit back and watch this show! It has been , some interesting channels on this station. Most of the time i watch, Truly, it gets very interesting. sometimes.:eyes: I become speechless.

I do understand when a person says: Well I think it is like this, or in my opinion i do believe it is like this, or I believe that the scripture teaches this or that. Those are honorable introductions into what you are about to say. But when a person makes "indicative" statements is another thing, or when one express an "implicit" reading as a "explicit". Now that is strange.

Last edited:
Active
Explain how Honor your father and mother is ceremonial....It's to be a daily honoring of father and mother....If you think its only ceremonial, you need to learn what honor is.

If its something we do outwardly to show the inward work as a demonstration. It is a ceremony. Honoring mother and father or giving them weight in ones decision making is not outward evidence that person has the Spirit of Christ, The witness of faith as it is written is the unseen evidence . . or the proof it is a law of God and not a theory of mankind.

The sabbath is a cereinioal law as a parable hiding the gospel understanding.. Its the only commandment as a shadow that uses two different reasons on purpose in two different witnesses (Exodus 20 as well as Deuteronomy 5. .

One at the end of his labor of love or work of faith . The other shows the new born again beginning. The gospel a display to the whole world . Delivering the Israelites from the bondage of this world system, Previously having no rest in their labors not being yoked with Christ . . their burden was harder 7 days a week. .

Where Exodus reveals his labor of love. Deuteronomy displays it in action to signify rebirth

Exodus 20: 11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Two things to remember.

Deuteronomy 5: 14 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the Lord thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the Lord thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.

Active
If its something we do outwardly to show the inward work as a demonstration. It is a ceremony. Honoring mother and father or giving them weight in ones decision making is not outward evidence that person has the Spirit of Christ, The witness of faith as it is written is the unseen evidence . . or the proof it is a law of God and not a theory of mankind.

The sabbath is a cereinioal law as a parable hiding the gospel understanding.. Its the only commandment as a shadow that uses two different reasons on purpose in two different witnesses (Exodus 20 as well as Deuteronomy 5. .

One at the end of his labor of love or work of faith . The other shows the new born again beginning. The gospel a display to the whole world . Delivering the Israelites from the bondage of this world system, Previously having no rest in their labors not being yoked with Christ . . their burden was harder 7 days a week. .

Where Exodus reveals his labor of love. Deuteronomy displays it in action to signify rebirth

Exodus 20: 11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Two things to remember.

Deuteronomy 5: 14 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the Lord thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the Lord thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.
Honor is NOT a ceremony.

Active
Honor is NOT a ceremony.

A ceremony is a show a shadow pointing toward it producer or author . Like let there be and it was good. the ceremonial law is a memorial, Christ in us reminding us of what was previously taught .

Obeying the commandment to honor ones mother and father does not make a person a born again believer (Christian) . An Atheist can honor the commandment like those in Hebrew 6 as those who partake and taste but do not see as faithless and crucify Christ over and over subjecting the son of Man, Jesus to worldly shame as if one demonstration as a ceremony of him and the father fell short of the glory of God..

New creatures do not have rights but do have responsibilities to walk or understand by faith the unseen power of God that works in those who do honor his commandments unlike the other in Hebrews 6 .

God promises the better thing that acompanies salvation that he will not forget our labor of love that we acknowledge as being empowered by His love for us.

The word sabbath as a shadow in a ceremonial law is not a time senititive word in any way shape or form to include the word "week " which most translators except for the Youngs literal in one place have changed the word rest into week. Then the Youngs follows also making the meaning without effect,

Matthew 28 King James Version28 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

The Young's introduces the 7 th. day Sabbath . The second day of the ceremony, the first day Saturday they were also to do no work needed to sustain their fleshly bodies in preparation for the eating or doing the will .( the weekend sabbath)

Matthew 28 Young's Literal Translation 28 And on the eve of the sabbaths, at the dawn, toward the first of the sabbaths, came Mary the Magdalene, and the other Mary, to see the sepulchre,

Then again in all translation destroy the timeless foundation of the word rest (sabbath). The gospel rest is destroyed by using the time senititive word "week" and not "rest" .. . . shadow worshippers.

The Greek at the time of inspiration did not use a word "week" to represent seven days . . That should raise a caution amber flag.

The kosher meals 3 were to be eaten on one day of the two days of rest.

He gave us the preparation day as manna providing the food ,(what is it?) or called hidden mana in Revelation 2:17 . the food given to the faithless Jew who thought Christ was trying to starve them to death and they longed for the 7 day work week to satisfy their earthly bodies of death .That set the stage so that we can properly receive the gift of the Sabbath, the eating of what was prepared moved by God the first day of the two day work .. Again they were limited to three meals that they could share with others, the tithe was on the same day, not twice a week . The words using week simply makes non sense as far as biblical sense.

In self righteousness the ungodly man spoke. . of eating only two meals prepared the day of preparation

Luke 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all things -- as many as I possess.

It should read I eat two meals on the day of rest and give my tithe. . . sharing the gospel meal with those who did not prepare the first day of the sabbath rest. on that day. Saturday the 6th .

One man did not obey the day of preparation and gathered fire wood to purify the manna he was stoned for not performing the first part of the two day ceremony.

Many even today regard that parable as we are to simply relax and do no work to include the gospel sharing the mana or clothing or a place to eat it .the true gospel fast . Not a day set aside to do nothing and ecxcept to be heard on high as God's approval . The true fast as it related to the 7th day is found in the whole chapter of Isiah 58 a commentary.

Numbers 15:31-36 Because he hath despised the word of the Lord, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him. And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that "gathered sticks" upon the sabbath day. And they that found him "gathering sticks" brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him. And the Lord said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.
And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses.

Active
You said, your quote Garee;
"I would say without doubt it is a ceremonial law as a shadow or parable of the eternal rest'

And I say, you need to read your Bible.:pensive: this is so sad and very dangerous. And the danger is, GOD himself.:pensive:

:broken_heart:

Is there a danger of having God with us?

What is it I am to read in my Bible ?

Do you know what a ceremonial law is or what the designed purpose of shadows ? What is the spiritual meaning of a true fast and how does it relate to the non time sensitive word "rest"?

Why did the translators not use the English word "rest" but kept it in the Hebrew or Greek . Is there a hidden reason like a parable ?

Do we take a sabbath nap once a week ? If so why?

Loyal
:broken_heart:

Is there a danger of having God with us?

What is it I am to read in my Bible ?

Do you know what a ceremonial law is or what the designed purpose of shadows ? What is the spiritual meaning of a true fast and how does it relate to the non time sensitive word "rest"?

Why did the translators not use the English word "rest" but kept it in the Hebrew or Greek . Is there a hidden reason like a parable ?

Do we take a sabbath nap once a week ? If so why?
I don't not know what your motive is, for asking those questions, was the motive yours from the flesh , or did the motivation come from the "Spirit of The LIVING GOD". If So, then it will be judge by "GOD". Because He does not lie. and all motivation form the flesh will be "Condemn" whether you believe it not. :pensive:
"For we, will all stand before God’s judgment seat. ...It is written: “As surely as I live, says the Lord, every knee will bow before Me; every tongue will confess to God.” ...So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.…"

PS... you just as old as i am, And Judgment is around the corner for us. And you sure don't act like it, Instead of you trying to get more "HOLY" and Concentrate more on "Sanctification",,,, we have one foot in the grave, and you trying to draw me into "religious" nonsense! That Has absolutely nothing to do with salvation and Holiness.
Not one of those questions has nothing to do with salvation and Holiness and without Holiness no Man Shall See GOD!

We are old men, and not teenagers, Death is at the Door, and it is knocking. And i guess, you think you got it made. "etched in stone", and you have No "Fear to Stand before a "! HOLY GOD":pensive:

Well i got news for you "I Do", and yes "I SHAKE" just to think to STAND Before a "HOLY GOD"! And i will not be drawn by you in "Violating of My Covenant Relationship with my GOD, The GOD of My Salvation. I do have a "Covenant Relationship" and my "Apostasy" only go so far. But what i do know I will not "Violate" concerning "My GOD", The One I know.

"There must be no strange god among you, nor shall you bow to a foreign god."

And sir, I Will Not Bow down, to your questions IN The Name of JESUS! I will not Bow Down! and you can tell your god that! That Ploughboy that he ain't going to BOW to the questions you have ask him concerning these matters in the "Mighty Name Of JESUS" "THE TETRAGRAMMATON"!:pensive:

"And for GOD I Live and for GOD I DIED" I don't play GOD. :pensive: for He is not a "Trivial god" to me.:pensive:

Staff Member
@PloughBoy

Greetings,

Do you really need to reply so defensively?

Try to communicate without allowing your own feelings to take over so often, rendering your reply(s) unpleasant. I know you can.
Other members are allowed to ask questions.
You have asked plenty of questions and you know that one should do unto others as they would have them do unto you.

Post in Peace
Or do not post

Bless you ....><>

Active
I don't not know what your motive is, for asking those questions, was the motive yours from the flesh , or did the motivation come from the "Spirit of The LIVING GOD". If So, then it will be judge by "GOD". Because He does not lie. and all motivation form the flesh will be "Condemn" whether you believe it not.
"For we, will all stand before God’s judgment seat. ...It is written: “As surely as I live, says the Lord, every knee will bow before Me; every tongue will confess to God.” ...So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.…"

Yes every knee does bow of those moved by the Holy Spirit . T heir prayers go up to Him called the golden censer (prayers of the saints)in the book of Revelation..

Gold throughout the Bible represent the measure of faith (the unseen will) the workings or labor of the Holy Spirit

Revelation 8:3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.

The Son of man Jesus rejected the idea of men bowing down to his corrupted dying flesh signified as sinful. The demonstration was necessary to do what the letter of the law (death) could not do produce new born again faith

Of that same flesh Jesus replied his profits for nothing .(John 6) and it is the unseen spirt that does profit.

We walk or understand God by faith the unseen power of God that does work in us as it worked in the Son of man it works in us .

I would think we are motivated by the same spirit of faith , Christ’s, as it is written The word it in the statement as a law represents the power of God that faithfully works in us, with us .

Even the Old Testament Judges did not have the final say in matters of faith. That order that was usurped by the atheist , faithless Jew was restored at the time of the first century reformation.

Just say I was curious on how you might approach the conclusion? Sorry if I did offend

2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

PS... you just as old as i am, And Judgment is around the corner for us. And you sure don't act like it, Instead of you trying to get more "HOLY" and Concentrate more on "Sanctification",,,, we have one foot in the grave, and you trying to draw me into "religious" nonsense! That Has absolutely nothing to do with salvation and Holiness.
Not one of those questions has nothing to do with salvation and Holiness and without Holiness no Man Shall See GOD!

We are old men, and not teenagers, Death is at the Door, and it is knocking. And i guess, you think you got it made. "etched in stone", and you have No "Fear to Stand before a "! HOLY GOD"

It would seem you have a zeal to know God but like everyone except the Son of Man Jesus (he knew no sin). . . His zeal was perfect.

By his zeal the Son of man Jesus and the unseen Father working as one . . demonstrated their love. . by that demonstration we have a goal.

No man will be found with a righteousness of his own. The commandment to have no gods before our unseen God includes “one self”. Even Jesus the Son of man when bowed down to and called good master as Lord gave glory to the unseen father and said : one is a good master as teacher and Lord . . God

Well i got news for you "I Do", and yes "I SHAKE" just to think to STAND Before a "HOLY GOD"! And i will not be drawn by you in "Violating of My Covenant Relationship with my GOD, The GOD of My Salvation. I do have a "Covenant Relationship" and my "Apostasy" only go so far. But what i do know I will not "Violate" concerning "My GOD", The One I know.

"There must be no strange god among you, nor shall you bow to a foreign god."

It sounds like you might be trusting in the fear of the world. David spoke of the proper zeal for trusting in the labor of Christ's love, the love that does work in those who have a trusting fear. . This is knowing if God would take into account the wage of one sin that who could stand before His Holy presence and receive mercy coupled with grace. . . again according to his labor of love. Christians do have a comforting fear.

Psalm 130:3-5King James Version If thou, Lord, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand? But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared. wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.

And sir, I Will Not Bow down, to your questions IN The Name of JESUS! I will not Bow Down! and you can tell your god that! That Ploughboy that he ain't going to BOW to the questions you have ask him concerning these matters in the "Mighty Name Of JESUS" "THE TETRAGRAMMATON"!
"And for GOD I Live and for GOD I DIED" I don't play GOD. for He is not a "Trivial god" to me

"THE TETRAGRAMMATON"!??????????????????? What’s that?

Thanks for replying to the questions I did ask

Loyal
@PloughBoy

Greetings,

Do you really need to reply so defensively?

Try to communicate without allowing your own feelings to take over so often, rendering your reply(s) unpleasant. I know you can.
Other members are allowed to ask questions.
You have asked plenty of questions and you know that one should do unto others as they would have them do unto you.

Post in Peace
Or do not post

Bless you ....><>
Well, i am not a Luke warm christian, and when i see a person places the doctrine of demons that are cleary displayed with a vengeance , and deceiving the flock of GOD! If i am wrong i hope GOD Strikes me down!, and cast me in the deepest part of HELL! ....... And no one says one word in defense of The Gospel According to Jesus Christ! If a person thinks that he can stand by a let a person out right "Blasphemy" the "WORD of GOD" and you say not one WORD, and that person is not in a defense mode. If that person thinks when they dies, then they decides to switch teams, "the dog ain't going to Hunt"! "If you deny Christ on Earth HE will deny you before HIS Father in Heaven" And he does not lie!

God Word is not a tea party, especially when a person out right speak into the Air direct "BLASPHEMIES" "ignorance" is not a excuse" If Jesus is your LORD!, it is totally Impossible to "SPEW" out "BLASPHEMIES" against 'The Christ" of GOD! When I step out in The TRUTh, i Have on the WHOLE ARMOR of GOD "SWORD in HAND" " I am Warrior" and I contend not only for me but the Whole Body of Christ! a defender of some and an enemy of many! whether they know it or not.

That man is a"BLASPHEMER" and He is "spewing out poison" and out right deny The "Supremacy" of JESUS CHRIST the Son of The LIVING GOD!

And i am evil and going to hell, and teaching the doctrines of devils because they say i am a "Calvinists", and many let this out right "Blasphemer" spew
out this venom and say not one word in defense of "The Gospel according to Jesus Christ"! But Hail "Hare Krishna" The flower child of love promoting love and unity and positive thinking "Norman Vincent Peale" of positive thinking. and mixing the two together and producing a atmosphere of a "New define Christianity" that is infiltrating the whole wide world in the name of JESUS and declared "The Gospel of Love According the Christians of The Westernize World"?

Will we defend him, I am not, that man is evil! there is a difference when a person who is in error, Or in search for wisdom and Truth, or plainly debate and just do not know. Where is the discernment of GOD pertaining to "TRUTH" that lies in "The Gospel According to Jesus CHRIST" Our LORD! We all do not have the same lord, so says the "Holy Scriptures"

But that man, is teaching the Doctrines of DEMONS! And christians are praising him and giving him high 5's in the name of JESUS and that he is giving GOD the GLORY by this personal manifestation of the person of JESUS Christ. I am not bowing down to a devil worshipper! If he is bold enough to spit in my GOD's face , i am going to call him out for what he is! He ain't my neighbor and he ain't my brother in Christ! and the WORD of GOD has declared he ain't.

Because if you are not against what he is saying you are for him. and I would like to quote "Edmond Burke", but that is not "theological sound for the laymen at large. for many would feel threaten with that especially those who are among our people in which it is not a threat at all.

New International Version
"You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord’s table and the table of demons."

He is a "deceiver" big time! That is a "WOLF"! And I am crying wolf! I know a wolf when i see him, and i can smell them too! He is one of those Old Wolves, who have been train by demons! And he don't even know it!

New American Standard Bible
"I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock;"

This is not a sinner searching for the Truth or a believer wanting fellowship. I have warn you! I have hunted in state forests for 16 years in a roll, when i was young, where Wolves and Bears, wildcats roam, I know the signs, a have fell into swamps, quicksand, Lost, watch the sun go down, and the Full moon raise and heard Bobcats cry out and wolves holler at the moon! You talking about a scare puppy, I been there. and remember saying too, what a ghetto black boy from Detroit, doing here. with a high power Rife with a scope, and a Six inch barrel Compact pistol 375 Magnum loaded with 44 magnum shells, and a Big"Bowie Knife" strap down on my side! So dark i can not see the barrel on my Rifle! "all things worked together for the Good, , who are Called according to HIS purpose"
King James Bible
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

God did not called me to pat demons and devils, wolves, and serpents, and have fellowship with them! He did not call me to agree with demonic doctrines and pat wolves on the head. and fellowship with them, That man is not looking or searching for the "Truth of GOD" He is only interested in spreading out deceptions. and leading away unto foreign fields "by their doctrines that comes out of their mouths, you will know them"!

Either he is proclaimer of demonic infiltrated doctrines or i am one!:eyes:

In this day and age hardly anyone is standing up for "The Gospel According to Jesus Christ"! And many are ashamed to to do so! And these USA is a Real bad example of The Truths of GOD, And We worship the Creature and Creation more than The Creator, and we love to do it, in The name Of JESUS!

I am ashamed to be even to be called a christian. By the example that many have shown throughout the years! And ashamed of a false worship shown every Sunday Morning which is the Most "Segregated" day in these "United States of America" we do not "worship" God on that day we Worship "SEGREGATION" big time. And we let The whole World know it.
"by their Fruits you will know them"

I am not taking the devil side!

Yes i am upset, with all who claims to be a "Child of the LIVING GOD' a "Holy upset" A lot christians act more like the "Flower Childs" of late and early 60's! Hippie love! Which was good, among Hippie love, there was no "Discrimination"

"choose you this day the GOD whom you will serve," I choose not Hippie Love, nor "Hare Krishna" love, nor "Positive thinking "Norman Vincent Peale" roll up into one, label "Modern Day Christianity" that is now infiltrating the whole wide world with a vengeance. We can attack the rights for "racial injustices" in which i have been a victim, so many times i cannot count them, but i have considered it as a normal way of life, for a black man to encounter and have raise my sons that it is, and not do be alarm, this is the way of christianity and the way of the world, So get used to it, and submit and call me. we you get in trouble! And don't say a word but bow your head to the whiteman. Because they will kill you in the name of JESUS and label you a rebel. But at the end, they will pay,:eyes: Or he is a liar and the Truth is not In GOD's WORD! For is how we teach our sons and daughter to grown up among "christianity" the Christian people! Who tries their best to erase our history in these "United States of AMERICA":eyes: For many of our children are not "Born from Above" yet, But they are still the "children of this World" and it is their home.:pensive:

King James Bible
The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.
American Standard Version
Though hand join in hand, the evil man shall not be unpunished; But the seed of the righteous shall be delivered.

(Jeremiah 44)NIV
"Then all the men who knew that their wives were burning incense to other gods, along with all the women who were present—a large assembly—and all the people living in Lower and Upper Egypt, said to Jeremiah, “We will not listen to the message you have spoken to us in the name of the Lord! We will certainly do everything we said we would: We will burn incense to the Queen of Heaven and will pour out drink offerings to her just as we and our ancestors, our kings and our officials did in the towns of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem. At that time we had plenty of food and were well off and suffered no harm. But ever since we stopped burning incense to the Queen of Heaven and pouring out drink offerings to her, we have had nothing and have been perishing by sword and famine.”

The women added, “When we burned incense to the Queen of Heaven and poured out drink offerings to her, did not our husbands know that we were making cakes impressed with her image and pouring out drink offerings to her?”

So my brothers and sister in Christ, Let it be known I am the wild one, the unruly the black sheep in The family Of GOD! you remember what The Pope said:
"LORD, there is A WILD BOAR in your Vineyard"

And i do not have to explain what a "Blasphemer" is.

For many do not mind speaking out "blasphemy" against the" WORD of GOD" but they will not speak out against "the Religious Blasphemer" but will defend them with all costs in the name of Jesus. "for men love Darkness rather than Light"
We want Barabbas send us Barabbas and away with that man.

For it is our natural nature to do so. For no one seeks after GOD , no one.:pensive: and We are commanded to do so. And it is not a "paradox".

Sorry for a long out Lecture pertaining to the "Doctrine on Demons: and "Blasphemers" and "Wolves Among you ".

Now a lot of people can called him a "child of God" but i ain't , that is a devil!. I point devils and demons, wolves, snakes, viper out! Now you can hug him if you want too! I ain't kissing him and ain't hugging him, And ain't patting him. If i do, GOD my Father is going be angry with me! "You know better" i going to deal with you like a good father deals with a son he loves!:eyes: Says GOD to HIS Sons.

Playmate says:
My mama, and my daddy, let me do it, I can play with anybody i want, I do it all the time. my daddy and mama never beats me!:eyes: "GOD">"Did not I tell you, do not hang out on that corner playing with them" Did not i tell you, have nothing to do with them! I getting ready to take the "Hide off of you" You are going to know i mean business, when i tell you to do something I meant it "You are going to Know I AM GOD":eyes: [You can call on Jesus all you want, I AM His FATHER too!:eyes:

I got a reason i do not play GOD or toy with HIS WORD! The GOD i am familiar with is Nothing what so ever like a "father on earth" the LOVE of GOD is as different as night is to day and both love do not look the same. Pertaining to the definition of love.

When anyone tries to act like he knows what he is talking about when referring to GOD;s WORD he is a "Deceiver" and Toying with "The SON of THE LIVING GOD"!
For that person is a "enemy of GOD and The Cross of Jesus Christ"!

You do not have to look none of this stuff up in the BIBLE, If you are a child of GOD it is in YOU! you just have to believe it. These WORDS are LIVING in you! every minute every hour, every second, every moment of the DAY The Written WORD is in you! "GOD the Father, GOD the WORD, GOD The HOLY GHOST} The Triune GOD, The TRINTY. LIVING in you ALIVE. is ONE! They are in agreement.

The world cannot understand that ! And the unregenerated believer cannot perceive this, For it is impossible to do so by them, no matter how many times they pray no matter how many times they read the Bible or how many sermons they hear, They cannot understand none of these "TRUTHS" they have not The Ability to do so, no matter how they think they understand it is impossible for them to do so.

True Child of GOD you got to believe this. And we are few in numbers. example: 100 people in the local church only about 10-20 are really The Real "Children of GOD" the rest are "devils' who know how to sing, pray, and can speak in the "Christian Language" tongues, raise their hands in air, waving and praising GOD paying tithes and offering, and sounding like "Angels"! Then you have the obvious ones:eyes:

And among all groups, "GOD has not left us without watch DOGS" for they are similar to the soldiers who lap water like dogs in "GIDEONS" Army.

The Bible says:
"If it Were POSSIBLE" IT did not say they would deceive the very elect. [They cannot deceive the "Very ELECT"]

American King James Version
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; so that," IF IT WERE POSSIBLE", they shall deceive the very elect.

"For GOD Himself will Not Let "THE VERY ELECT" be deceive by these creatures, for "GOD" has always left a "WATCHMAN" in HIS tower throughout "Biblical History" they have sound the Alarm but the people has refused to Hear!

So many may think this is bad news< but it is within "The GOSPEl According to JESUS CHRIST" our LORD and not theirs:pensive:

No matter what we say about The Word of God many say we ain't right and we abused the Word of GOD constantly, And we let them do it! And those who stands up strong in the Defense of The Children of GOD" we crucify them, burn to the stake, cut them into pieces, cut off their heads, Only one have to do is look at our country, women leads us, Hedonism is our preferred god of choice. "Liberalism and Liberation' religion is the choice of our Faith. under the umbrella of Christianity. how far are we going to go with our "Apostasy" we are constantly in full force, christians not the unbelievers The believers are turning their backs on GOD and His Christ!, That is why people are leaving the Church! They want no part of the false Christianity that many can see in their eyes, People do not want that false love that is displayed in many Christians They Want "THE TRUTH"! the Unadulterated "TRUTH" is the only LOVE they want, And that is the ONLY LOVE GOD has Commission us to Proclaim in the Name of Jesus! And we out right refuse to carry out that mission!

We are the Ones who have fallen away and not the world! "We are the Great FALLING Away" we have fallen away from the TRUTH and we Have embrace Lies and fallen in love with proclaiming and defending lies in The Name of JESUS! We all are Guilty, And we will not turn around, for this is "prophesies" too! We are a "rebellious" people. :pensive: The People of GOD, for the people of the world are faithful to their cause and we are Rebellious to ours:pensive: and during it in the name of Jesus,

Last edited:
Loyal
One of the problems with the King James, is people have forgotten the nuances of old English speech. For example Matt 24:24;
The majority of Bibles say it IS possible for the elect to be deceived. King James isn't saying it's impossible either.

KJ21
For there shall arise false christs and false prophets and shall show great signs and wonders, insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
ASV
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.
AMP
For false Christs and false prophets will appear and they will provide great signs and wonders, so as to deceive, if possible, even the elect (God’s chosen ones).
AMPC
For false Christs and false prophets will arise, and they will show great signs and wonders so as to deceive and lead astray, if possible, even the elect (God’s chosen ones).
BRG
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
CSB
For false messiahs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.
CEB
False christs and false prophets will appear, and they will offer great signs and wonders in order to deceive, if possible, even those whom God has chosen.
CJB
For there will appear false Messiahs and false prophets performing great miracles — amazing things! — so as to fool even the chosen, if possible.
CEV
False messiahs and false prophets will come and work great miracles and signs. They will even try to fool God’s chosen ones.
DARBY
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall give great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.
DLNT
For false-christs and false-prophets will arise and give great signs and wonders, so as to deceive, if possible, even the chosen ones.
DRA
For there shall arise false Christs and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders, insomuch as to deceive (if possible) even the elect.
ERV
False messiahs and false prophets will come and do great miracles and wonders, trying to fool the people God has chosen, if that is possible.
EHV
For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will perform great signs and wonders so as to deceive even the elect, if it were possible.
ESV
For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.
ESVUK
For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.
EXB
False ·Christs [messiahs] and false prophets will ·come [appear; rise up] and perform great ·wonders [signs; miracles] and ·miracles [wonders; marvels]. They will try to ·fool [mislead; deceive] even the ·people God has chosen [elect], if that is possible.
GNV
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders, so that if it were possible, they should deceive the very elect.
GW
False messiahs and false prophets will appear. They will work spectacular, miraculous signs and do wonderful things to deceive, if possible, even those whom God has chosen.
GNT
For false Messiahs and false prophets will appear; they will perform great miracles and wonders in order to deceive even God's chosen people, if possible.
HCSB
False messiahs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.
ICB
False Christs and false prophets will come and perform great things and miracles. They will do these things to the people God has chosen. They will fool them, if that is possible.
ISV
because false messiahs and false prophets will have arisen and will produce great signs and startling demonstrations so as to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
PHILLIPS
“If anyone says to you then, ‘Look, here is Christ!’ or ‘There he is!’ don’t believe it. False christs and false prophets are going to appear and will produce great signs and wonders to mislead, if it were possible, even God’s own people. Listen, I am warning you. So that if people say to you, ‘There he is, in the desert!’ you are not to go out there. If they say, ‘Here he is, in this inner room!’ don’t believe it. For as lightning flashes across from east to west so will the Son of Man’s coming be. ‘Wherever there is a dead body, there the vultures will flock.’
JUB
For there shall arise false Christs and false prophets and shall show great signs and wonders in such a manner that they shall deceive, if possible, the very elect.
KJV
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
AKJV
LEB
For false messiahs and false prophets will appear, and will produce great signs and wonders in order to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
TLB
For false Christs shall arise, and false prophets, and will do wonderful miracles so that if it were possible, even God’s chosen ones would be deceived.
MSG
“If anyone tries to flag you down, calling out, ‘Here’s the Messiah!’ or points, ‘There he is!’ don’t fall for it. Fake Messiahs and lying preachers are going to pop up everywhere. Their impressive credentials and bewitching performances will pull the wool over the eyes of even those who ought to know better. But I’ve given you fair warning.
MEV
For false christs and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
MOUNCE
For false messiahs and false prophets will appear, and they will perform great signs and wonders so as to lead astray, if that were possible, even the elect.
NOG
False messiahs and false prophets will appear. They will work spectacular, miraculous signs and do wonderful things to deceive, if possible, even those whom God has chosen.
NABRE
False messiahs and false prophets will arise, and they will perform signs and wonders so great as to deceive, if that were possible, even the elect.
NASB
For false christs and false prophets will arise and will provide great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.
NASB1995
For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.
NCB
For false christs and false prophets will arise, and they will perform great signs and wonders that are impressive enough to deceive even the elect, if that were possible.
NCV
False Christs and false prophets will come and perform great wonders and miracles. They will try to fool even the people God has chosen, if that is possible.
NET
For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
NIRV
False messiahs and false prophets will appear. They will do great signs and miracles. They will try to fool God’s chosen people if possible.
NIV
For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
NIVUK
NKJV
For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
NLV
People who say they are Christ and false preachers will come. They will do special things for people to see. They will do great things, so that if it can be done, God’s people will be fooled to believe something wrong.
NLT
For false messiahs and false prophets will rise up and perform great signs and wonders so as to deceive, if possible, even God’s chosen ones.
NMB
For false christs and false prophets will arise, and will do great miracles and wonders, insomuch that if it were possible, the very elect should be deceived.
NRSV
For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and produce great signs and omens, to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.
NRSVA
For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and produce great signs and omens, to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.
NRSVACE
NRSVCE
NTE
False messiahs will arise, you see, and false prophets too. They will provide great signs and portents, so as to deceive even God’s chosen ones, if that were possible.
OJB
For meshichei sheker (false Moshiachs) will arise, and neviei sheker (false prophets), and they will give otot gedolim (great signs) and moftim (wonders), so as to deceive, if possible, even the Bechirim (Chosen ones).
TPT
For there will be imposters falsely claiming to be God’s ‘Anointed One,’ and false prophets will arise to perform miracle signs to lead astray, if possible, those God has chosen to be his.
RGT
“For there shall arise false christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders. So that if it were possible, they would deceive the very Elect.
RSV
For false Christs and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.
RSVCE
For false Christs and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.
TLV
For false messiahs and false prophets will rise up and show great signs and wonders so as to lead astray, if possible, even the chosen.
VOICE
False liberators and false prophets will appear, and they will know a few tricks—they will perform great miracles, and they will make great promises. If it were possible, they would even deceive God’s elect.
WEB
For there will arise false christs, and false prophets, and they will show great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the chosen ones.
WE
People will come and say they are the Christ. People will come and say they are prophets. But they are not true. They will show big signs and do wonderful things to fool people. They will fool God's chosen people if they can.
WYC
For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and they shall give great tokens and wonders [and they shall give great signs and wonders]; so that also the chosen be led into error, if it may be done.
YLT
for there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and they shall give great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, also the chosen.