• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Keep Following

Staff Member
Then Jesus said to the twelve, "Do you also want to go away?" But Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. "Also we have come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." John 6:67-69 NKJV

Jesus had come to a point in His ministry when many who had followed Him turned away and went back to their old lives. As He had said it would, the seed of His word had fallen among thorns and weeds that choked out the new plants (Matthew 13:7). As a result, thousands left Him and went their own way.

The thorns Jesus referred to could be the cares of this life or the distractions of worldly pleasures and goals. Those things existed two thousand years ago, and they’re still around today.

Life presents all sorts of distractions and temptations that, if you’re not careful, can untrack you from following Jesus Christ with your whole heart. He came to earth to speak the words of eternal life and offer Himself, even to the point of death, so that you could follow Him forever.

What distractions or temptations are you battling today? How can you overcome them? Begin with this prayer…

Prayer: Jesus, I live in a time and place where many have left You and turned to other things. Please alert me when the world or the devil tries to divide my heart and distract me from following You with my whole heart.