• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Just feel like complaining

Sorry in advance...Im not in a good mood today.I only want to work. I mean that's all I am trying to do...findsomeone to give me work. It's not like I am asking for money for nothing, I am asking to work. Today I found out that I didn't get selected for an interview for one of the big public school boards here. I am only on the Catholic board and they only have 3 elementary schools, and I have only had 1/2 of a day so far. Jason and I bought a house and we move at the end of november...we will have to sell it if dont start getting work. He is a substitute teacher too. It is hard because we have $70,000 in student loans to pay off but it is so hard to get teaching jobs here. Sometimes it feels like my life is a nightmare and I will wake up...but i know that isn't the case. But I definitely think I chose the wrong career path. There is nothing I can do with my degrees except teach, and that isn't happening! We also want to have a family, but we can't do that until one of has permenant work (preferable jason obviosly!)

anyone enough complaining...thnaks for letting me vent! no replies needed :)

Me

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry to hear of the hardships you are going thru. I too work in the educational field. I do understand there can initially be some hardships to get in. I look at my situation when I was looking for work I had been at LTO for 6 months and when all the postings came out for a jobs I wasn't allowed to apply until the final round( a month later). I had a couple of things working for me though, the path I had taken to get into the Educational Field was ordered by God, it was His plan for me. I never doubted it for one minute so I left all my confidence in Him to find me the right job for me. My husband was a little concerned as I did not phone to make some interviews for positions, pluse I didn't see any I liked. All this was taking place in May and June. Some teacher friends of mine told me about a job opening up at their school and they would tell the principal about me. I phoned that one school for an interview, it was the only job I applied for and the interview was not until July 12th. Hubby was worried but I knew already all would be okay. So I did the interview, I was second to go there were 5 applying for the one position. The first interview went kind of long for the person who was before me. I had a laugh in my interview, the Principal and VP were laughing along with me, it went really fast my interview. The principal said as I left to not to take any other jobs if they are offered that day, I held the cards on that one, I didn't tell her that this was my only interview...lol. By 7 pm the Principal was on the phone with me offering me the job. I have been there for 5 yrs. now. I think my Principal keeps me around for entertainment value as I do not take myself or the kids too seriously.
In saying all this is that my only hope and confidence is in Jesus Christ. I surely would not have had this opportunity if He hadn't already planned it all, predestined we are as His Children.
Maybe this is your learning opportunity to know Him and your purpose.

The Word says to faint not, sometime when things look their darkest the Lord opens the door to make a way for us. Keep your eyes on Him. He fails us not.

I pray that the Lord will direct your path, and open doors no man can shut. In Jesus name, Amen

Your sister in Christ,
AlabasterBox :girl:

P.S. In our flesh it does feel good to whine sometimes. But we need to look heavenward.

:rainbow:

Its good to get it out of your system and we as your spiritula family are here to support you. May the Good Lord lead and guide you and provide in His mercy the stability you both need.Amen.

Eve

'Enjoy what you have rather than desiring what you don't have. Just dreaming about nice things is meaningless; it is like chasing the wind.' Ecclesiastes 6:9

Hi, Nic,

I love to hear something of you, even to share the bad news! I'm not in a good mood too, have to pay back much either, but I got a chance to become a teacher. I don't know, why we have to go through hard times, but I have experienced that these times are good to build up a good character and sometimes it is the time to come closer to Jesus. If you got nothing else to loose, you only can win the fellowship with God, with Jesus. We got to fight our fight! But never give up! I know, what it is to go through hard times! I went through them till now! Sometimes I think, God is proving some people more, because he wants to use them for a job, only these can do, which went through hard times and never gave up! I'm a fighter, I won't give up, but I'm a lot times really on the ground and would like to give up! But believe me, for what is waiting for us, it's worthwhile to fight on! Our parents went through hard times too, - mostly! That is what is forming our characters! Enjoy the little moments with your husband and the sun going down, the wind in the trees and the birds outside! Sometimes I enjoy one sunbeam! Sometimes I enjoy the clouds and the forms they are making in the sky! Sometimes I enjoy the fog and the moon and the first star, sometimes the tea in the noon and a good book, sometimes the wind blowing through my hair or a nice film, sometimes the peace, I'm living in, and the meals I got, sometimes I enjoy the smile of a child, or a nice talk, ... Or to talk to you in this way! I do know to much about wars and hunger in the world (every 3 seconds is dying a human-beeing because of hunger!), I do know to much of wars and conditions in this world! But I'm a lot times depressed, because of it and because of this hard life, fighting for survival! But sometimes I enjoy this short moments of the present of God, then God is awaiking in my heart!

May my sunbeam out of my heart reach you now and tender up a light in your heart!

Shalome!

Safari

sorry i was complaining...someone pointed out to me that it doesn't matter that I am human and that I should have been humble and kept my mouth shut. I'm sorry to bother you all with stupid things like this which obviously aren't big problems in the whole sceme of things... I guess sometimes I blow things out of proportion because to me my stupid little problems really feel too big to handle...but I know that it is not the case. Anyhow just wanted to say sorry for writing such a rediculas post and bothering you all with my stuff. I should be humble and respectful and stop complaining like a whiner. sorry.

nic, sometimes its ok to vent. Thats what were here for to help, if someone needs to talk . I saw this saying the other day in the women forum, " I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed", How true is that!! Think about it. Natashia

I have just recently made friends with a guy who retired last year after 30 years teaching high school. His story (very short form) is that although it was a struggle financially, the work was gratifying and the retirement great. So now his house is almost paid off (2 years) and other than anything catastrophic he'll be comfortable. Just thought you should hear it.

xr6

nicolek said:
sorry i was complaining...someone pointed out to me that it doesn't matter that I am human and that I should have been humble and kept my mouth shut. I'm sorry to bother you all with stupid things like this which obviously aren't big problems in the whole sceme of things... I guess sometimes I blow things out of proportion because to me my stupid little problems really feel too big to handle...but I know that it is not the case. Anyhow just wanted to say sorry for writing such a rediculas post and bothering you all with my stuff. I should be humble and respectful and stop complaining like a whiner. sorry.

Hey Nicolek!!
your problems are not "stupid little problems".
I would be disappointed and upset if I missed on getting a job interview. It is quite normal to feel that way. Most people I know get upset when they miss out on a job that they would like to get. Some christains may not understand that, Praise God that he understands!!
It is good and healthy to vent!! Makes one feel better to get it all out.
Being real is a good witness.
May our Lord bless you.

Be of GOOD Comfort.

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. Rev.12:11

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. Jn.16:33

And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. Rom.5:3-5

So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure: Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer: Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, 2 Thes.1:4-7

These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Rev. 7:14

Be of GOOD Comfort.

We should try and understand why and who with we suffer great tribulation and what for.

Thanks for mentioning this suffering you are both enduring.

YOU are not ALONE and you are in GOOD Company. And it is for and unto righteousness that we suffer.

nicolek said:
Sorry in advance...Im not in a good mood today.I only want to work. I mean that's all I am trying to do...findsomeone to give me work. It's not like I am asking for money for nothing, I am asking to work. Today I found out that I didn't get selected for an interview for one of the big public school boards here. I am only on the Catholic board and they only have 3 elementary schools, and I have only had 1/2 of a day so far. Jason and I bought a house and we move at the end of november...we will have to sell it if dont start getting work. He is a substitute teacher too. It is hard because we have $70,000 in student loans to pay off but it is so hard to get teaching jobs here. Sometimes it feels like my life is a nightmare and I will wake up...but i know that isn't the case. But I definitely think I chose the wrong career path. There is nothing I can do with my degrees except teach, and that isn't happening! We also want to have a family, but we can't do that until one of has permenant work (preferable jason obviosly!)

anyone enough complaining...thnaks for letting me vent! no replies needed :)

Me