• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Just A Hut

On a dangerous seacoast where shipwrecks often occur there was once a crude little lifesaving station. The building was just a hut, and there was only one boat, but the few devoted members kept a constant watch over the sea, and with no thought of themselves went out day and night tirelessly searching for the lost. Many lives were saved by this wonderful little station, so that it became famous. Some of those who were saved, and various others in the surrounding area, wanted to become associated with the station and give of their time and money and effort for the support of its work. New boats were bought and new crews were trained. The lifesaving station grew.

Some of the members of the lifesaving station were unhappy that the building was so crude and poorly equipped. They felt that a more comfortable place should be provided as the first refuge of those saved from the sea. So they replaced the emergency cots with beds and put better furniture in the enlarged building.

Now the lifesaving station became a popular gathering place for its members, and they decorated it beautifully and furnished it exquisitely, because they used it for sort of a club. Fewer members were now interested in going to sea on lifesaving missions, so they hired lifeboat crews to do this work. The lifesaving motif still prevailed in this club's decoration, and there was a liturgical lifeboat in the room where the club initiations were held.

About this time a large ship was wrecked off the coast, and the hired crews brought back boatloads of cold, wet, and half drowned people. They were dirty and sick, and some of them had brown skin, and some of them had yellow skin. The beautiful new club was in chaos! So the property committee immediately had a shower house built outside the club where victims of shipwrecks could be cleaned up before coming inside.

At the next meeting, there was a split in the club membership. Most of the members wanted to stop the club's lifesaving activities as being unpleasant and a hindrance to the normal social life of the club. Some of the members insisted upon lifesaving as their primary purpose and pointed out that they were still called a lifesaving station. But they were finally voted down and were told that if they wanted to save the lives of all the various kinds of people who were shipwrecked in those waters, they could begin their own lifesaving station down the coast. They did.

As the years went by, the new station experienced the same changes that had occurred in the old one. It also evolved into a club, and yet another life station was founded. History continued to repeat itself, and if you visit that seacoast today, you will find a number of exclusive clubs along that shore. Shipwrecks are frequent in those waters,
but unfortunately most of the people drown.

Written by Howard Clinebell from "Basic Types of Pastorial Care and Counseling"

Yes, so much like the churches of today. We are failing to reach our purpose--lost souls--by becoming nothing more than social gatherings and being run as cooperations by will/ way of man, rather than by God, with too many boundaries and limitations.
Some want to pick and choose with whom they want to associate/be a part. Forgotten is the "whosoever"--red, yellow, brown, black or white, dirty, tattered, poor, wretched, naked, blind, rich, forsaken, forgotten, drunkards, addicted, religious, infidels, agnostics, atheists, etc.--of the world for whom JESUS died. Each has a soul in need of salvation and JESUS died for all. "Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth."(1 Timothy 2:4) " Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."(John 14:6) "They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him."(Psalm 126:5-6) We, as Christians, must proclaim the gospel or good news of our LORD JESUS CHRIST to everyone...everywhere.

Administrator
Staff Member
Thanks for sharing this. It was an interesting read. Goes as an example to show how we become involved with other things as we slowly drift away from the will lof GOD, per se. Part of that will is reaching out to the lost and unsaved.

Thanks Shelly . That is one for the books . Keep the fire burning inside ! You have allot to offer us here ! Mike :thumbs_up

Thank you. Glory to God!

There's a lighthouse on the hillside that overlooks life's sea.
When I'm tossed it sends out a light that I might see.
And the light that shines in darkness now will safely lead me home,
If it wasn't for the lighthouse, my ship would sail no more.

And I thank God for The Lighthouse, I owe my life to Him.
Jesus is The Lighthouse and from the rocks of sin,
He has shown the light around me, so that I might clearly see.
If it wasn't for The Lighthouse, Where would this ship be?

Everyone that lives around us, says tear that old lighthouse down,
The big ships don't sail this way anymore, ain't no use in it standing round.
But then my mind goes back to that stormy night, when just in time I saw the light
With the light from that old lighthouse, that stands there on the hill.

And I thank God for The Lighthouse, I owe my life to Him.
Jesus is The Lighthouse and from the rocks of sin,
He has shown the light around me, so that I might clearly see.
If it wasn't for The Lighthouse, Where would this ship be?