• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Joy, real heavenly joy!

For the first time in my life I have experienced joy, holy, God-sent joy in my life, just this morning - and still persisting! It began this Sunday as I attended church and heard and received the good news. Psa 37:1 [Do not worry because of evildoers, Nor be envious toward wrongdoers] and Phil 4:6 [Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God].

So do not fret BUT do pray and petition God in everything. Monday was a challenging day. But instead of letting it get to me, fretting about it, I went to pray. I prayed and I really didn't know what to ask for, but I gave thanks to Him and I cried out "Hold me dear Lord Jesus" "Draw near to me and HOLD ME". I was asking for His comfort. And so He did, as follows:

Prior and after prayer I was reading His word. James 1:22-24 [But prove yourselves doers of the word [actively and continually obeying God’s precepts], and not merely listeners {who hear the word but fail to internalize its meaning}, deluding yourselves {by unsound reasoning contrary to the truth}. For if anyone only listens to the word without obeying it, he is like a man who looks very carefully at his natural face in a mirror; for once he has looked at himself and gone away, he immediately forgets what he looked like]. That spoke to me so clearly. I related to that so much it made me laugh inside, and smile, like yep! He knows me! So He tells to not only hear and receive the word, but DO it. He, in fact, is/was talking me ME, personally, with that driven-home analogy of a man looking in the mirror :laughing:.

Next, I find myself in 1 Cor 12:2 [You know that when you were still pagans, you were led astray and swept along in worshiping speechless idols]. I am so blessed to have the chance to know my God who is a living and speech-FULL, speaking God that loves me so much he wants a relationship with me! Some say money talks, well this world does say that, but they are DEAD wrong! My God speaks!!!!! I am dancing inside!

Further on, I know I am of Abraham's seed as Jesus Christ is of Abraham's seed because the Holy Spirit given me by Jesus Christ is in me as it is said in 1 Cor 12:3 [So I want you to know that no one speaking by the Spirit of God will curse Jesus, and no one can say Jesus is Lord, except by the Holy Spirit]. Before I was born again, even though I acknowledged God, I never EVER EVER said, when I was dead, that Jesus is Lord. Now I do..TEARS real TEARS of JOY!!!

So folks, he died for me, he talks to me, that bright and beautiful sun is shining on me, He made that sun, that miraculous star of His creation, to let me know He did that for me, too. He did this for ALL people, but I can say this for myself now and I pray that all can someday be in His marvelous light.

Thank you my Lord Jesus! Humble me while I glory in you Lord! Thank you for your joy. Thank you for your love. Thank you for the sunshine. Thank you. Peace be with you all, my family, the body of Christ, you: my ear, my nose, my fingernail, etc. Praise be to Jesus Christ!

Staff Member
Thank you for sharing such a lovely uplifting testimony of the Lord's love peace and grace working in and through you @Tristan W

Praise the Lord!

We need more of this on Talk Jesus

Blessings

Staff Member
Awesome Brother!
Can relate. Until like you turning to Him opened my eyes that worries, fretting about this or that which was really not in my control anyway was taking my joy away which is my Lord Jesus Christ. Knowing when someone else's eyes are opened to seeing this as well is Joy upon Joy! Alleluia!

Thanks for sharing, and like Sister Fragrant Grace said..."We need more of this on Talk Jesus"!!!

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Active
Thank you for sharing!

I was worrying about some circumstances in my life earlier today and Philippians 4:6 was a comfort to me as well today! What an amazing God we serve who is interested in His children and caring for them all over the world!

whi4oo.jpg