• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

John 9:31-41

Ivan, What are your thoughts on John 9:39-41?

Joh 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.
Joh 9:40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
Joh 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

@regibassman57
I created it as a post but like i said you better off posting things yourself because I have been called a black sheep and Antichrist around these parts. "so more than likely less feedback"
In regards to your question my thoughts are
For those that have the knowledge or Oracles of God to see the truth
And those who said they have no sin not see the truth.
to be the understanding of John 9:39-41.

The following are scriptures that would give me that understanding
"also username spelled Ivar not Ivan"

Romans 3:1-2 King James Version (KJV)
3 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

John 1:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Active
What up again Ivar,

This is how I read this scripture. And again, this is not about debating, but it’s about searching out truth in scripture; and gaining a thorough understanding by fellowshipping and considering someone elses view.

Joh 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which “see not” might see;

Jesus said for judgment He has come into this world. Why did Jesus come into this world? “to judge sin.” We see this in other scriptures below.

There were some Jews that did not believe they sin; this can also be read in 1John 1:8, 10. Some did not see themselves as sinners. So Jesus was ministering unto them as unbelievers in order for them to see that they are sinners; and hopefully they might come to see, realize and repent; in order for them to be made blind to sin.(Those that see not, might see)

There were also some among the group that saw themselves as sinners, and Jesus ministered unto them as well, that they might be made blind to sin because they saw themselves as sinner. (they that see might be made blind)

Joh 9:40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?

This next verse is the confirmation verse that lets us know what Jesus is meaning. If a person was blind, they should not have any sin. When a person becomes blind to the world (the sinful nature) they are dead to the world, and they see Christ for who He is.. But as long as a person sees in the world or sees after the flesh, they are blind to Christ.

Joh 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If you were blind, you should have no sin: but now you say, We see; therefore your sin remains.

Jesus had not judged sin as of yet and He was making a point to these Pharisees that if they were blind, they would be blind to sin. Scripture continues to make this point.

Joh 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

Who is the prince of this world? Satan

Joh 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

The prince of this world (in believers) was Satan. Once Jesus finished his work in judging sin/Satan, he was cast out of the hearts of those that believe. At that point those that believe would be blind to sin and its nature. This is because GOD will have translated those believers out of the power of darkness (Satan’s kingdom) and translated them into His Kingdom (Col 1:13). This does not mean they will not be tempted.

You have a good break down and you have used the surrounding Scriptures for confirmation which is normally the best way