• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Job 8:1-3

Job 8:1-3 King James Version (KJV)

8 Then answered Bildad the Shuhite, and said,

2 How long wilt thou speak these things? and how long shall the words of thy mouth be like a strong wind?

3 Doth God pervert judgment? or doth the Almighty pervert justice?

Job 8:1-3 Lexham English Bible (LEB)
Bildad’s First Response to Job

8 ThenBildad the Shuhite answered and said,

2 How longwill you say thesethings,
and the words of your mouthbea mighty wind?
3 Does God pervert justice,
orShaddai pervert righteousness?

Lexham English Bible(LEB) 2012 byLogos Bible Software. Lexham is a registered trademark ofLogos Bible Software

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 Bildad could not keep quiet any more but Job it would have been better if kept silent because Job was going thru enough he did not need him to beat him down, we sometimes need to know that we are to bring words of comfort and this is what Job needed.

2 He was telling Job that his view of things was clearly wrong and that he was making no sense, like hot air was his speech.

3 God is a fair judge, he is right about this but we all deserve God’s judgment but some things just happen as a result of life, Job condition was not a result of his sin but because of his following the Lord allowed him to be attacked by Satan. God is always right and thru what we go thru we should be drawn closer to Him.

Loyal
Job did step out of the covering of God's protection by one sin...He said at one point, "That which I greatly feared has come upon me." When a believer gets into fear he is out of faith. and you know that that which is not of faith is sin. When a believer steps out of faith he opens himself up to attack from the enemy. There is no doubt that Job was a good man and loved the Lord but he was still just a man