• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Job 7:3-4

Job 7:3-4 King James Version (KJV)
3 So am I made to possess months of vanity, and wearisome nights are appointed to me.

4 When I lie down, I say, When shall I arise, and the night be gone? and I am full of tossings to and fro unto the dawning of the day.

Job 7:3-4 Lexham English Bible (LEB)

3 SoI had to inherita]" style="box-sizing: border-box">months of worthlessness,
and nights of misery are apportioned to me.
4 When I lie down, I say,‘When shall I rise?’
But the night is long,
and I have my fill of tossing until dawn.

Lexham English Bible(LEB) 2012 by Logos Bible Software. Lexham is a registered trademark of Logos Bible Software

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

3 Job wanted to die. Job did want to have the months go by, time dragged on and days would have seemed like moths to Job due to his grief.

4 Sleep was hard for Job due to his grief, his heart was so trouble that he was unable to gain rest. Stress prevents sleep; Job had enough stress to stay awake for a long time being unable to sleep.

Staff Member
Greetings,

Interesting that Job said, "wearisome nights are appointed to me."
If he is correct here, it would appear that the LORD may appoint such to the righteous?

How would we cope if the same happened to us?

Bless you ....><>

Active
We also have to consider his mindset at the time.Job 3:25-26 He was full of fear to start with! He gave the enemy an opportunity.( Eph 4:27)

Active
We also have to consider his mindset at the time.Job 3:25-26 He was full of fear to start with! He gave the enemy an opportunity.( Eph 4:27)
I praise God for my Jesus. Thou I am troubled on every side and turmoil and tribulation does come, I am at peace in my heart for I am confident in God. Fear not, for I am with you. What more encouragement do we need?

Active
Our buddies show up and sit in the dirt with us for 7 days and 7 nights, saying nothing; waiting for opportunity to derail us, accuse us, create a doubt within us, wanting to rob us of God's blessings upon us.

The devil comes to steal, kill and destroy. He wants to steal, kill and destroy the presence of God IN US. He has did a pretty good job this far and uses God's people to accomplish his mission.
Amen

Loyal
Our buddies show up and sit in the dirt with us for 7 days and 7 nights, saying nothing; waiting for opportunity to derail us, accuse us, create a doubt within us, wanting to rob us of God's blessings upon us.

This is a very astute observation. I have known some friends like this. ( I wonder if I have been that way myself? )
I recall being at a prayer meeting some years back. It seemed there was this one person who was always getting
hurt or getting sick. It seemed some were getting weary of praying for this person. Some even accused him of
having some sin in his life, and that perhaps God did not even want him to get well. I found myself wondering this myself.

I have grown a little since then. I should not assume things about other people. How much more should I not
assume things about God?

Active
This is a very astute observation. I have known some friends like this. ( I wonder if I have been that way myself? )
I recall being at a prayer meeting some years back. It seemed there was this one person who was always getting
hurt or getting sick. It seemed some were getting weary of praying for this person. Some even accused him of
having some sin in his life, and that perhaps God did not even want him to get well. I found myself wondering this myself.

I have grown a little since then. I should not assume things about other people. How much more should I not
assume things about God?
Of course we have been that way. It is so important to try the spirit that speaks. There are many false witnesses these days. They preach about God, but their stand in knowing Him does lack wisdom and understanding.
When we receive Him, He goes to work in us, and how bright He does shine. And the darkness within hearts is revealed in the light. Oh, how great is thy evil?
Lord have mercy upon us ALL.
He is going to destroy the wickedness upon the face of this earth again.
Will the nations repent, as in the days of Jonah?
Will the people BELIEVE, now?
The land is laid waste and the houses are desolate; prophecy is being fulfilled.
And there shall be no sign given it except the sign of Jonah.
Upon enquiring of the Lord to reveal this sign, He stands at the door and knocks, and any that will open to Him, He will come in and prepare the feast for His coming.
Preachers are not preaching repentance to the congregation. They are not preaching repentance unto the cities; if they should would anyone take them serious knowing they are the same man as they are, with like passions, pursuing this world's money and doctors and status within her, and never include the Lord in daily journeys?
Yes, may God have mercy upon us ALL.
Repentance in the churches, and out of the churches should be what is being preached and happening. However, if the salt has lost His savor where with shall it be salted. A lot of candy coated sermons leaves the Lord still standing at the door knocking, yet the congregation is comfortable.
Yes, Lord have mercy upon us ALL. Amen