• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Job 12:1-3

Job 12:1-3
KJV 1 And Job answered and said, 2 No doubt but ye are the people, and wisdom shall die with you. 3 But I have understanding as well as you; I am not inferior to you: yea, who knoweth not such things as these?

Job 12:1-3 Jubilee Bible 2000 (JUB)

12 ¶ And Job answered and said,
2 No doubt but ye are the people, and wisdom shall die with you.
3 But I have a heart as well as you; I am not inferior to you; and who shall not be able to say as much again?

Jubilee Bible 2000 (JUB) Copyright © 2000, 2001, 2010 by Life Sentence Publishing, Inc.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 Job responded to defend himself it is like he was on trial for all that happened to him.

2 Earthly wisdom eventually dies out usually when that person or people die. Heavenly wisdom lasts because it is of God and we who have it live forever in Him.

3 Job was not making them small but was putting himself back on the same level. Often times people will try to knock us down we have to look to Christ and be picked up.

Staff Member
Greetings,

It sounded to me that Job was saying that the things they were saying was common knowledge and it was not as if they had a monopoly on it and in fact it was so accessible that those after them, yet to come (be born) would know the same things.

That which we know now has been known before us, many times over and while we may get revelations of knowledge, most of it our predecessors also knew in the same manner and if the LORD tarry, those after us will see also. Therefore, what can we boast of ?

Thanks for sharing and continuing these snippets from the book of Job.

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
I wonder if Job should have chosen to keep his mouth shut? Ecclesiastics tells us about the times to do or not to do things. Jesus certainly kept His mouth shut, when some of us likely would have opened ours to defend ourselves against the awaiting torture and death. The question we always need to ask is, "What is God's will?"

Staff Member
Greetings,

If he had, we wouldn't have much of a book of Job to read!
I know there has been plenty of times I would have been better keeping my mouth shut but that is from my perspective since in the whole story of man even the regrettable utterances have value for the glory and praise of God.

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
Greetings,

If he had, we wouldn't have much of a book of Job to read!

Of course, you are correct, which is why God inspired the writer to write it so it would be available to us. But certainly other people over the centuries have had experiences with God that we have never read about. Have we heard a testimony by a person with whom God has dealt? Have we ever given a testimony of our own experience with God that really blessed other people?

I know there has been plenty of times I would have been better keeping my mouth shut but that is from my perspective since in the whole story of man even the regrettable utterances have value for the glory and praise of God.

Bless you ....><>

You make my point.

Read Ecclesiastics chapter 3 verses 1-11 carefully. The times really should always be according to God, but we, the men, too often have made our own decisions for our own selfish purposes instead of for God's. If we do not know God's purpose, is it impossible for us to discover? Do we need to discover it? Did Job know why God allowed all those things to happen to him? We are to live by faith, which as per scripture is:

"...the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11:1

Jesus said these words here:

"... Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
" John 20:29

When we don't know God's will in a situation we should nevertheless ask that His will rather than our own be done. Jesus provided the example:

"O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Matt 26:39

Of course, Jesus knew what His Father's will was, but his own weak flesh did not want to suffer and die.

We do need to control our very "unruly tongue". So often we speak without thinking when we are not in the right spirit [Spirit].

Staff Member
Greetings,

Yes.

The thought came to me a while back of what it would be like listening to the words we spoke in this life for eternity. To be honest, for my life, it was a horrifying prospect. We can so easily overlook idle words and things we have said and think it doesn't matter , it's past, and forget exactly what we have been saying.
It gets even scarier if we also consider the things we only think.

LORD have mercy

Loyal
Greetings,

Yes.

The thought came to me a while back of what it would be like listening to the words we spoke in this life for eternity. To be honest, for my life, it was a horrifying prospect. We can so easily overlook idle words and things we have said and think it doesn't matter , it's past, and forget exactly what we have been saying.
It gets even scarier if we also consider the things we only think.

LORD have mercy
The thought came to me on reading what you wrote hear about being scared of the dark as a child. I really was! When He drew us to Him and we accepted the invitation He filled us with His Spirit and the Light became blinding... Yet are we not still too much of the time along with the Apostle Paul are seeing "through a glass darkly". For this reason in the brighter darkness we must keep our eyes always on Him, for we can certainly see that Light. Occasionally He will have to take us by the hand so that we do not stumble. Eventually we should not be working toward coming to the point of "face to face" vision?

That is what is prophesied here:

"Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound." Isaiah 30:26

Our vision now through a glass darkly may be only a fraction of that seven fold Light, which is the "face to face", but already we are starting to see more clearly...

Give God the glory!