• Welcome to Talk Jesus

    A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

    Register Log In

Jesus Saves...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Administrator
Staff Member
Jesus Saves
(...saves from what?)

Jesus is the most important figure in all of human history. He is God in flesh (John 1:1,14; Col. 2:9), physically risen from the dead, Lord (Luke 24:34; John 2:19-21) and Savior (Acts 5:30-32). He came to die for sinners ( Romans 5:8 ) to deliver people from the righteous wrath of God upon us.

Are you a sinner?

I ask you, are you a sinner? Have you ever lied, stolen, lusted, coveted, or been angry with someone unjustly? If so, then you have broken the Law of God. God has said "You shall not steal; You shall not lie; You shall have no other gods before Me; You shall not murder, etc.," (Exodus 20). He has given the standard of righteousness and if you have broken any of God's commandments then you have fallen short of that standard and are under the inevitable judgment of God. When you die, you will face Him and on the Day of Judgment He will punish all sinners.

If you do not like this teaching, then throw away your Bible and turn from Christ, for this is the message of God's word -- that Jesus came to die for sinners and to save them from the wrath to come.

Jesus is the One you need. He alone. Not your works (Rom. 3:10-12; Isaiah 64:6). Not your sincerity. Not your goodness. You have nothing to offer God except your sinfulness. It is only by the love and grace of God found in Jesus and His sacrifice that you can be delivered from the righteous wrath of God upon all who have broken His law. Jesus saves you from God.

God's wrath on the Day of Judgment is upon sinners

On the Day of Judgment God will judge all people for their sins against Him. He will judge all who have lied, stolen, cheated, lusted, dishonored their parents, etc. He will do this because He is holy and righteous. God must punish the sinner. God cannot and will not ignore the person who has broken His righteous law. The Law is a reflection of the character of God. Therefore, to break God's law is to offend God and deny the holiness of His character. He will be vindicated. He will judge.

The Bible says that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Rom. 3:23). That means that your sins have caused a separation between you and God (Isaiah 59:2) and the result is death (Rom. 6:23) and wrath (Eph. 2:3). The only way to be saved from the wrath of God, is to be saved from it by faith in Christ (Eph. 2:8-9; Rom. 5:1). You must trust in what Jesus did on the cross to forgive you of your sins and not trust anything else, not even your own sincerity or works. It is Jesus and only Jesus who can turn away the righteous judgment of God upon the sinner.

The Gospel

The gospel is that Jesus died for sinners on the cross, was buried, and rose from the dead (1 Cor. 15:1-4). His death was a sacrifice that turns away the wrath of God (1 John 2:2). This is the only way to be saved.

Jesus is the one who died for the sins of the world (1 John 2:2). He is the only way to the God the Father (John 14;6). He alone reveals God (Matt. 11:27). He has all authority in heaven and earth ( Matthew 28:18 ). It is only through Him that you can be saved from God's wrath (Eph. 2:3). He can forgive you of your sin (Luke 5:20; Matt. 9:2). He can remove the guilt that is upon your soul. Jesus can set you free from the bondage of sin that blinds your eyes, weakens your soul, and brings you to despair. He can do this because He bore sin in His body on the cross (1 Peter. 2:24) that those who trust in Him would be saved.

If you are not a Christian, and want to be delivered from the righteous judgment of God upon you due to your sin against Him, then come to the One who died for the sins of the world. Come to the One who died for sinners ( Matthew 11:28 ). Turn from your sins. Believe and trust in Jesus. Receive Jesus, who is God in flesh, who died and rose from the dead (1 Cor. 15:1-4) as your Lord and Savior. Ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins. Receive Christ (John 1:12). Only He can wash you clean from your sins and only Jesus can deliver you from the righteous judgment of a holy and infinite God. Pray to Jesus. Seek Him. Ask Him to save you.

He will.

I would like to note, that the Jesus of Mormonism (the brother of the devil), the Jesus of the Jehovah's Witnesses (an angel made into a man), the Jesus of the New Age (a man in tune with the divine consciousness), etc., cannot save you from your sins. Faith is only as good as who you put it in. Only the Jesus of the Bible can do that. Jesus is God in flesh, the creator. God is a trinity and Jesus is the second person of the trinity.

If you have prayed and asked Jesus to deliver you from your sins and save you from God's wrath, then please email me at [email protected] and let me know!
 
Member
:smile: Just wanted to say a big Amen to this..
i don't think that i have ever seen or heard any one explain it as good as it is explained here..:smile:
 
Member
Amen!
JAM 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
It's not enough to believe in God, we have to believe with action.

Believe:That Christ Jesus is God. who died for our sins and rose.

Death: Repentance
Burial:Baptism in the name of Jesus
Resurrection:walk in the newness of life
(Romans6:2-5,8-9)


FAITH WITHOUT ACTION IS DEAD!
 
Member
To say that God the creator of man is mad at use and will continue to be untill the last day of Earth and that Jesus is our salvation is contratictory. Jesus was god and in dieing on Earth he physically opened the gates of heaven to man. You should not have to fear God. People embrace God through Jesus. He is the personal savior. Christ knows ones soul and in that fact he judges differently for every man. To take the anger of God and use it to encase the love of Christ is not, in my opinion an inlighteded view. I am a sinner and I am evil. Only when I take the time to think about Christ do I do his will. I think anger of evil is a good way to emediatly react to wrong doing. How can I do this when I am meek in the face of man but show strength when in solice with the lord? I speak my mind. My view is to love. I do not have the power to perform a merical. I cannot convert a soul immediatly but I still feel that I as a follower of God, I owe him my allegence in every moment. A man can only give love through love, his own or from the love of the man he is converting. If the convertie shows love, any love at all it is better than none. Please don't try to battle for your master untill he tells you it is time. Your paragraph seemed more like a battle cry and less like the word of GOD(christ).

"A man who lives only for the future forgets the present and corupts the past." live in love

A concerned Christian
 
Administrator
Staff Member
Re: re: Jesus Saves...

Doug said:
To take the anger of God and use it to encase the love of Christ is not, in my opinion an inlighteded view. I am a sinner and I am evil. Only when I take the time to think about Christ do I do his will. I think anger of evil is a good way to emediatly react to wrong doing. How can I do this when I am meek in the face of man but show strength when in solice with the lord? I speak my mind. My view is to love. I do not have the power to perform a merical. I cannot convert a soul immediatly but I still feel that I as a follower of God, I owe him my allegence in every moment. A man can only give love through love, his own or from the love of the man he is converting. If the convertie shows love, any love at all it is better than none. Please don't try to battle for your master untill he tells you it is time. Your paragraph seemed more like a battle cry and less like the word of GOD(christ).

"A man who lives only for the future forgets the present and corupts the past." live in love

A concerned Christian
Thank you. First, I would like to state that the Truth (being GOD Himself) is NOT based on opinions but of course, TRUTH. Second, the Bible CLEARLY states many many times to "Fear GOD" as our Lord said it Himself. Need proof? Here are only a few examples:

Genesis 22:12
"Do not lay a hand on the boy," he said. "Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son."

Genesis 42:18
On the third day, Joseph said to them, "Do this and you will live, for I fear God:

Exodus 1:17
The midwives, however, feared God and did not do what the king of Egypt had told them to do; they let the boys live.

Exodus 20:20
Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid. God has come to test you, so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning."

Leviticus 19:14
" 'Do not curse the deaf or put a stumbling block in front of the blind, but fear your God. I am the LORD .

Leviticus 25:17
Do not take advantage of each other, but fear your God. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 25:43
Do not rule over them ruthlessly, but fear your God.

Deuteronomy 6:2
so that you, your children and their children after them may fear the LORD your God as long as you live by keeping all his decrees and commands that I give you, and so that you may enjoy long life.

Deuteronomy 6:13
Fear the LORD your God, serve him only and take your oaths in his name.

How is this for TRUTHFUL examples? Only a few from the first 3 books in the Bible. Remember, there is no contradiction in the paragraph I stated. It is based on TRUTH solely and no "opinions". What the Bible says is what is, and just that. Anything outside Scripture is the path to destruction.
 
Member
Wow, you know your scripture. I believed you in your first paragraph and I believe you now. I was speaking not in terms of truth but out of perspective. My perspective is not to let scripture speak for me but to understand for myself what God is. To fear God.. well I do fear God. How do I know if what I am doing is right, I feel rightous in that act. I don't know about scripture I speak the word that has been spoken to me. I won't challenge you in scripture but in my true spoken voice. Jesus didn't speak in scripture from the Koran. He spoke in his own voice. He said live as I have lived, so I do.

P.S. I think Christ is always watching. I'm trying to construe to live in god in every action. Not just conversation. How do you act on scripture but to repeat the past?
 
Administrator
Staff Member
Re: re: Jesus Saves...

Doug said:
Wow, you know your scripture. I believed you in your first paragraph and I believe you now. I was speaking not in terms of truth but out of perspective. My perspective is not to let scripture speak for me but to understand for myself what God is. To fear God.. well I do fear God. How do I know if what I am doing is right, I feel rightous in that act. I don't know about scripture I speak the word that has been spoken to me. I won't challenge you in scripture but in my true spoken voice. Jesus didn't speak in scripture from the Koran. He spoke in his own voice. He said live as I have lived, so I do.

P.S. I think Christ is always watching. I'm trying to construe to live in god in every action. Not just conversation. How do you act on scripture but to repeat the past?
As far as "living like Jesus" which He told us to do, that is great. We should ALL live like Jesus. That was one of His purpose of GOD coming down as flesh. To set an example before us. The first reason of course is to pay for our sins. You see, the "Koran" is nothing but devil's works just like anything out of the one and only Word of GOD, aka Scripture, aka Holy Bible. So, of course Jesus did not speak of Koran. He spoke of Scripture. GOD's gift to us is the Holy Bible itself. It IS GOD's way of communicating to us. GOD told us that His "book" is a "book of life". He tells us what to do and not to do. That is how you know if you are doing something right or wrong. Also, prayer. Prayer is the true connection (conversation too) between you and GOD Himself. GOD LOVES when you pray to Him in faith and sincerity. So, you can always ask GOD for guidance, wisdom and knowledge. GOD promised to give us these things if only we ask.

Please believe me when I tell you that since day one that I've asked GOD for wisdom and knowledge I have absolutely grown in wisdom and knowlegde as GOD promised. ALWAYS confess to your sins. GOD knows we are not perfect but it is our effort to live "like Jesus" that sets us apart from the so-called "believers" that do not follow, "take up their cross and follow Jesus" as stated in Scripture (forgive me right now I do not memorize what verse it is).

GOD Loves you dearly, clearly and beyond our imagination, understanding and perceivance. Just ask for guidance and wisdom and its done! Don't wait, don't count minutes, hours or days. Just ask in pure faith.

GOD Bless You :smile: Thanks for joining my site. Its a pleasure to have you here.

Note: As to you "challening me to Scripture" please don't think that way. I have been saved for only (well, AMEN to every second) 2 years but I do my best to learn, prosper and help others. That is why I started this web-site as my ministry. I hope you like it. If you have any suggestions and/or feedback please post them in their forums (home page, top).
 
Member
thanks. I am a debator at heart, the only way I know how to get at my point I guess. You seem very insightful and your love is great for God. I apriciate you telling me from your heart. I talk to many about faith and most seem to want to fight. I only wanted to feel at peace with your word, and now I do.
 
Administrator
Staff Member
Re: re: Jesus Saves...

Doug said:
thanks. I am a debator at heart, the only way I know how to get at my point I guess. You seem very insightful and your love is great for God. I apriciate you telling me from your heart. I talk to many about faith and most seem to want to fight. I only wanted to feel at peace with your word, and now I do.
Amen brother :grin:
 
Administrator
Staff Member
Thank you Redpurusha. I appreciate your comments. Well, my other new business www.virtuosonetsolutions.com can help you get going with your new store. I will personally assist you with setting up your account and store.

Feel free to contact me for that at [email protected]

Thank you and God Bless!
 
Member
Very GOOD post my friend in Christ Jesus.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

In the :love: of Christ JESUS, Our LORD, Yeshua :boy_hug:



Chad said:
Jesus Saves
(...saves from what?)

Jesus is the most important figure in all of human history. He is God in flesh (John 1:1,14; Col. 2:9), physically risen from the dead, Lord (Luke 24:34; John 2:19-21) and Savior (Acts 5:30-32). He came to die for sinners ( Romans 5:8 ) to deliver people from the righteous wrath of God upon us.

Are you a sinner?

I ask you, are you a sinner? Have you ever lied, stolen, lusted, coveted, or been angry with someone unjustly? If so, then you have broken the Law of God. God has said "You shall not steal; You shall not lie; You shall have no other gods before Me; You shall not murder, etc.," (Exodus 20). He has given the standard of righteousness and if you have broken any of God's commandments then you have fallen short of that standard and are under the inevitable judgment of God. When you die, you will face Him and on the Day of Judgment He will punish all sinners.

If you do not like this teaching, then throw away your Bible and turn from Christ, for this is the message of God's word -- that Jesus came to die for sinners and to save them from the wrath to come.

Jesus is the One you need. He alone. Not your works (Rom. 3:10-12; Isaiah 64:6). Not your sincerity. Not your goodness. You have nothing to offer God except your sinfulness. It is only by the love and grace of God found in Jesus and His sacrifice that you can be delivered from the righteous wrath of God upon all who have broken His law. Jesus saves you from God.

God's wrath on the Day of Judgment is upon sinners

On the Day of Judgment God will judge all people for their sins against Him. He will judge all who have lied, stolen, cheated, lusted, dishonored their parents, etc. He will do this because He is holy and righteous. God must punish the sinner. God cannot and will not ignore the person who has broken His righteous law. The Law is a reflection of the character of God. Therefore, to break God's law is to offend God and deny the holiness of His character. He will be vindicated. He will judge.

The Bible says that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Rom. 3:23). That means that your sins have caused a separation between you and God (Isaiah 59:2) and the result is death (Rom. 6:23) and wrath (Eph. 2:3). The only way to be saved from the wrath of God, is to be saved from it by faith in Christ (Eph. 2:8-9; Rom. 5:1). You must trust in what Jesus did on the cross to forgive you of your sins and not trust anything else, not even your own sincerity or works. It is Jesus and only Jesus who can turn away the righteous judgment of God upon the sinner.

The Gospel

The gospel is that Jesus died for sinners on the cross, was buried, and rose from the dead (1 Cor. 15:1-4). His death was a sacrifice that turns away the wrath of God (1 John 2:2). This is the only way to be saved.

Jesus is the one who died for the sins of the world (1 John 2:2). He is the only way to the God the Father (John 14;6). He alone reveals God (Matt. 11:27). He has all authority in heaven and earth ( Matthew 28:18 ). It is only through Him that you can be saved from God's wrath (Eph. 2:3). He can forgive you of your sin (Luke 5:20; Matt. 9:2). He can remove the guilt that is upon your soul. Jesus can set you free from the bondage of sin that blinds your eyes, weakens your soul, and brings you to despair. He can do this because He bore sin in His body on the cross (1 Peter. 2:24) that those who trust in Him would be saved.

If you are not a Christian, and want to be delivered from the righteous judgment of God upon you due to your sin against Him, then come to the One who died for the sins of the world. Come to the One who died for sinners ( Matthew 11:28 ). Turn from your sins. Believe and trust in Jesus. Receive Jesus, who is God in flesh, who died and rose from the dead (1 Cor. 15:1-4) as your Lord and Savior. Ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins. Receive Christ (John 1:12). Only He can wash you clean from your sins and only Jesus can deliver you from the righteous judgment of a holy and infinite God. Pray to Jesus. Seek Him. Ask Him to save you.

He will.

I would like to note, that the Jesus of Mormonism (the brother of the devil), the Jesus of the Jehovah's Witnesses (an angel made into a man), the Jesus of the New Age (a man in tune with the divine consciousness), etc., cannot save you from your sins. Faith is only as good as who you put it in. Only the Jesus of the Bible can do that. Jesus is God in flesh, the creator. God is a trinity and Jesus is the second person of the trinity.

If you have prayed and asked Jesus to deliver you from your sins and save you from God's wrath, then please email me at [email protected] and let me know!
 
Member
Yes...

Yes! Jesus is the only way which we can be saved. I totally concur, brother, Chad. I'm also kicking this post up to the top so more can see it anew.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Christ4Ever Bible Library 0
H Bible Discussions 5
J Devotionals 0

Similar threads


Top