Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

Jesus-People Love

Discussion in 'Counseling' started by JayF27, Nov 28, 2017.

1. I have accepted and been baptized many year ago. I, personally, do not care to force anyone into a religion. I have led a few people into churches, but I don't do it very often because people want to have an anger problem. That's how the new generations are though. Used to getting what they want if they have an attitude, and the parents do not care nor care enough to teach them manners. I will not abuse my children physically nor emotionally, but I will hav them have manners. I want my children to be believers and when they get older they may choose as they plase. People say it's wrong becasue of this and my past. I have said to the people that was going to be my spouse forever, that the children are mine. And they have a fit over it, and I do this because I want my children raised right. I want my kids to have a better life than I have, and it starts with including Jesus. And it is the non-believers I am usually with, they argue about it soo much. But, is it wrong to be this way?

2. Raise your children in the "way" they should go, and when they are older, they shall not depart from it.

Show them the truth in action, and add words only when needed. When non believers argue with you, listen to them and kindly reply why you do what you do, and that you live by God's truth, not man's supposed truth.

JayF27 likes this.
  3. I have, but when I try to tell them why their reasonings (most of them, not all) do not apply their reaction is anger. I cannot force them to keep the word if they do not want it. But I do want them to know they are loved and cared for forever, even when blood family is gone.

4. Matt 7:6
    Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Give them the truth and if that angers them, they will either be angry dogs or attacking swine, and in that case, dont continue to cast the Holy Pearls before them unless so led to do so by the Holy Spirit.

5. Keep them exposed to Jesus and the Bible, be a good example of a believer. The old saying is true...you can lead a Horse to water but you can make them drink. I would add that they will drink if they are thirsty..so will your children....just love them as you do and trust God to do the rest.

JayF27 likes this.
  6. can't make them... just like the give a fish n teaching to fish. right?