• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Jesus, Flesh, and Bone Body?

Loyal
Jesus, Flesh, and Bone Body?

Does Jesus today have a flesh, and bone body? The Apostle Paul tells us that the body we sow will NOT be the body it shall be. It is sown a “NATURAL BODY”, and it is raised a “SPIRITUAL BODY” (1 Cor 15:44) After Jesus's resurrection from the dead he appeared before his disciples in the exact same body he had when he was placed in the grave which is why the tomb was empty!! The only difference was he had no more blood in his physical body because he had bled out on the cross. A spiritual body does NOT have “flesh and bone” as Jesus himself said to his disciples!!

Luke 24:39 See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For A SPIRIT DOES NOT HAVE FLESH AND BONES AS YOU SEE THAT I HAVE."

The body Jesus showed to all of his disciples after his resurrection from the dead as proving to them he had risen from the dead was the same body that was nailed to the cross, and placed into the tomb!!!

Jesus wandered upon this earth for 40 days in that same body showing himself to be alive to all who had believed in him, even over 500 people at one time!!

Act 1:1 In the first book, O Theophilus, I have dealt with all that Jesus began to do and teach,
Act 1:2 UNTIL THE DAY WHEN HE WAS TAKEN UP, after he had given commands through the Holy Spirit to the apostles whom he had chosen.
Act 1:3 He presented himself alive to them after his suffering by many proofs, appearing to them during S FORTY DAYS and speaking about the kingdom of God.

1Co 15:4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,
1Co 15:5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.
1Co 15:6 Then HE APPEARED TO MORE THAN FIVE HUNDRED BROTHERS AT ONE TIME, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep.
1Co 15:7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles.

Did Jesus ascend up his Father after his resurrection? He did not, until after the 40 days of showing himself in his resurrected physical body proving himself to be alive from the dead!!! How do I know
this?

Act 1:1 In the first book, O Theophilus, I have dealt with all that Jesus began to do and teach,
Act 1:2 UNTIL THE DAY WHEN HE WAS TAKEN UP, after he had given commands through the Holy Spirit to the apostles whom he had chosen.
Act 1:3 HE PRESENTED HIMSELF ALIVE TO THEM AFTER HIS SUFFERING BY MANY PROOFS, APPEARING TO THEM DURING FORTY DAYS and speaking about the kingdom of God.
Act 1:4 And while staying with them he ordered them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father, which, he said, "you heard from me;
Act 1:5 for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."

Act 1:9 And WHEN HE HAD SAID THESE THINGS, AS THEY WERE LOOKING ON, HE WAS LIFTED UP, AND A CLOUD TOOK HIM OUT OF THEIR SIGHT.
Act 1:10 And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white robes,
Act 1:11 and said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? THIS JESUS, WHO WAS TAKEN UP FROM YOU INTO HEAVEN, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven."

Before Jesus ascended up to his Father he roamed the earth in his physical body showing himself to all, and then just before his ascension he commanded his disciples to wait in Jerusalem until they be endued with power from above. He was speaking of the coming Holy Spirit who would empower them for service in the work God would do through them.

We know Jesus had not yet risen up to his Father because the Holy Spirit being poured out would be the proof that Jesus had been glorified in his new spiritual body!!!!

On the day of Pentecost (after Jesus had been taken up into Heaven) the Holy Spirit was poured out, and Peter tells us the reason the Holy Spirit had come because Jesus had now been raised up to his Father!!!

Act 2:32 This Jesus God raised up, and of that WE ALL ARE WITNESSES.
Act 2:33 Being THEREFORE EXALTED AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD, and HAVING RECEIVED FROM THE FATHER THE PROMISE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, HE HAS POURED OUT THIS THAT YOU YOURSELVES ARE SEEING AND HEARING.

The Holy Spirit could not have been poured out until Jesus had been glorified on the right hand of God the Father.

John 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
John 7:39 (But this SPAKE HE OF THE SPIRIT, which they that believe on him should receive: for THE HOLY GHOST WAS NOT YET GIVEN; BECAUSE THAT JESUS WAS NOT YET GLORIFIED.)

The out pouring of the Holy Spirit was proof that Jesus was now sitting in his resurrected spiritual body on the right hand of God.

Does Jesus have a “flesh, and “bone” right now? Absolutely NOT!!!!!!!! Flesh and blood can never inherit the Kingdom of God!!! Neither can a flesh, and bone body live inside a flesh, bone, and blood body inside us!!!! Jesus has a spiritual body and he is living inside us. Many believers do not believe this for some unknown reason, probably because it does not make any logical sense in our carnal mind!!! The true “ACID TEST” to see if we are really living by faith is this.

2Co 13:5 Examine and TEST AND EVALUATE YOUR OWN SELVES TO SEE WHETHER YOU ARE HOLDING TO YOUR FAITH and showing the proper fruits of it. TEST AND PROVE YOURSELVES [not Christ]. DO YOU NOT YOURSELVES REALIZE AND KNOW [thoroughly by an ever-increasing experience] THAT JESUS CHRIST IS IN YOU--UNLESS YOU ARE [COUNTERFEITS] DISAPPROVED ON TRIAL AND REJECTED? (AMP)

Most believe that only the Holy Spirit is living inside us, and that Jesus lives in us by the power of the Holy Spirit. Certainly the Holy Spirit lives inside the believer as the “comforter”, but the Holy Spirit is NOT Jesus Christ, neither is God the Father Jesus Christ, nor the Holy Spirit God the Father even though they are “one”

We live in God in his fullness, and God dwells inside us in his fullness. In Christ Jesus lives and dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily, and we are complete IN him!!!!

Col 2:9 FOR IN HIM THE WHOLE FULLNESS OF DEITY (THE GODHEAD) CONTINUES TO DWELL IN BODILY FORM [giving complete expression of the divine nature].
Col 2:10 And YOU ARE IN HIM, MADE FULL AND HAVING COME TO FULLNESS OF LIFE [in Christ YOU TOO ARE FILLED WITH THE GODHEAD--FATHER, SON AND HOLY SPIRIT--AND REACH FULL SPIRITUAL STATURE]. And He is the Head of all rule and authority [of every angelic principality and power]. (AMP)

Active
Does Jesus have a “flesh, and “bone” right now? Absolutely NOT!!!!!!!! Flesh and blood can never inherit the Kingdom of God!!! Neither can a flesh, and bone body live inside a flesh, bone, and blood body inside us!!!! Jesus has a spiritual body and he is living inside us. Many believers do not believe this for some unknown reason, probably because it does not make any logical sense in our carnal mind!!! The true “ACID TEST” to see if we are really living by faith is this.

Although, after the resurrection, Jesus stood among them, first to the eleven and again when Thomas was there. He told them, don't fear, I am not a Ghost and they touched him, how was that possible? In this accounting in two separate books, these verses start out with Jesus on the outside of the meeting room, with the door closed and he just appears among them. How is this possible? Such a beautiful mystery. The Bible doesn't go in much detail how all this occurred but, the most wonderful thing is that God promises us a heavenly body just like his.......man I can't wait!!!!!

Loyal
A few things come to mind here.

John 20:17; Jesus *said to her, "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'"

He told Mary Magdalene not to touch Him yet.
..and yet eight days later...

John 20:26; After eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus *came, the doors having been shut, and stood in their midst and said, "Peace be with you."
John 20:27; Then He *said to Thomas, "Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing."

He tells Thomas to go ahead a touch Him. What changed during this time?

John 20:19; So when it was evening on that day, the first day of the week, and when the doors were shut where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst and *said to them, "Peace be with you."

This body had the ability to go through walls, and yet become solid enough to touch. Jesus never did this before He "died".

Luke 24:41; While they still could not believe it because of their joy and amazement, He said to them, "Have you anything here to eat?"
Luke 24:42; They gave Him a piece of a broiled fish;
Luke 24:43; and He took it and ate it before them.

This body could eat.

Jesus said....

John 16:7; "But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.

If Jesus did not go away, the Holy Spirit could not come.

1 Cor 15:44; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

... and yet Jesus's body was not resurrected as a "spiritual" body. (Not even a glorified spiritual body for at least a day or so)

Loyal
Although, after the resurrection, Jesus stood among them, first to the eleven and again when Thomas was there. He told them, don't fear, I am not a Ghost and they touched him, how was that possible? In this accounting in two separate books, these verses start out with Jesus on the outside of the meeting room, with the door closed and he just appears among them. How is this possible? Such a beautiful mystery. The Bible doesn't go in much detail how all this occurred but, the most wonderful thing is that God promises us a heavenly body just like his.......man I can't wait!!!!!
I agree, we also have the time in which Jesus walked through the mist of those who wanted to push him over a cliff. Plus the many other miracles of walking on the water, healing a blind man with spit ect ect, and that even before his resurrection. Then the most amazing miracle of them all of Jesus himself living inside each and every believer. :)

Loyal
A few things come to mind here.

John 20:17; Jesus *said to her, "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'"

He told Mary Magdalene not to touch Him yet.
..and yet eight days later...

John 20:26; After eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus *came, the doors having been shut, and stood in their midst and said, "Peace be with you."
John 20:27; Then He *said to Thomas, "Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing."

He tells Thomas to go ahead a touch Him. What changed during this time?

John 20:19; So when it was evening on that day, the first day of the week, and when the doors were shut where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst and *said to them, "Peace be with you."

This body had the ability to go through walls, and yet become solid enough to touch. Jesus never did this before He "died".

Luke 24:41; While they still could not believe it because of their joy and amazement, He said to them, "Have you anything here to eat?"
Luke 24:42; They gave Him a piece of a broiled fish;
Luke 24:43; and He took it and ate it before them.

This body could eat.

Jesus said....

John 16:7; "But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.

If Jesus did not go away, the Holy Spirit could not come.

1 Cor 15:44; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

... and yet Jesus's body was not resurrected as a "spiritual" body. (Not even a glorified spiritual body for at least a day or so)

I think we make the scripture in John 20:17 seem like touching Jesus was a bad thing at that time. It was not, as Jesus told Mary to "stop clinging to me" She was touching him. What he was telling her to do was to stop clinging to me and go tell my brethren.......
Jesus walking through walls is just another miracle that he usually he did on a daily bases even before his death and resurrection. Jesus walk right though "people" right after his first sermon when they wanted to push him over a cliff!!! (Luke 4:28-30)