• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Jesus died for our sins

HI All, Can someone please explain this concept? As a kid who was a Catholic, I was explained that Jesus died for our sins, God gave his only sin for us etc......I never really thought about it, nor did I care.

Now that I have pledged my life to our Lord and Saviour I want to know more.
i)God gave his only Son for us - this I can understand. It would be like Me giving up my newborn daughter for the world....Wow, is all I can say. I cant even fathom that.

ii)Jesus died for our sins. What is the signifigance of this? What would have happened if he didn't?

Thanks in advance.

HI All, Can someone please explain this concept? As a kid who was a Catholic, I was explained that Jesus died for our sins, God gave his only sin for us etc......I never really thought about it, nor did I care.

Now that I have pledged my life to our Lord and Saviour I want to know more.
i)God gave his only Son for us - this I can understand. It would be like Me giving up my newborn daughter for the world....Wow, is all I can say. I cant even fathom that.

ii)Jesus died for our sins. What is the signifigance of this? What would have happened if he didn't?

Thanks in advance.

The greatest significance is he didn't have to do it, but he did, and because he did we who are saved do not have to suffer sins penalty, eternal suffering in hell!

If he had not done this we who are saved now would never been saved at all.

Here are a few scriptures.....

Isaiah 53: 4-6: Surely he hath borne our grief (sickness and disease) and carried our sorrows (Miseries, pain, depression, and uncertainties) yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

But he was wounded for our transgressions (Most severe sins) he was bruised for our iniquities (Most severe sins) the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity (Most severe sins) of us all.

1st Corinthians 15:3: For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Galatians 1:3: Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,

Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

Hebrews 9: 26-28: For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.