• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Jesus christ's power of attraction

Given the following set of representative promises:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
1. “I am telling you the truth: you will see heaven open and God’s angels going up and coming down on the Son of Man.” (John 1:51)
2. “Suppose, then, that you should see the Son of Man go back up to the place where he was before. What gives life is God’s Spirit: man’s power is of no use at all. The words that I have spoken to you bring God’s life-giving Spirit. Yet some of you do not believe.” And he added, “This is the very reason I told you no one can come to me unless the Father makes it possible for him to do so.” (Ibid, 6: 62-65)
3. “When I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw everyone to me.” The kind of death he was going to suffer refers. (Ibid, 12: 32-33)
4. “In a little while the world will see me no more; but you will see me: and because I live you also will live.” (Ibid, 14:19)
5. “People will look at him whom they pierced.” (Ibid, 19:37)
6. “When he went up to the very heights, he took many captives with him; he gave gifts to mankind.” (Ps. 68:18 quoted in Eph. 4:8)
What exactly is Jesus Christ’s power of attraction?

The answer is quite simple- Love. We are all created for a relationship with, to walk with, to be filled by this great Love!

Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

The answer is quite simple- Love. We are all created for a relationship with, to walk with, to be filled by this great Love!

Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Unless it is direct and personal, love is just another word or a hearsay.

So, where is Christ's power of attraction per se?

Unless it is direct and personal, love is just another word or a hearsay.

So, where is Christ's power of attraction per se?

I am not sure what you are trying to say my friend, perhaps you could clarify your statement for me. God is Love, what could be more alluring and attractive than Love? He commands us to love one another, and to love the lost, and generally to express His nature to all around us. It was indeed the Love of Christ that compelled Him to the cross on our behalf.

1Jn_4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love
1Jn_4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

Joh_13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Joh_15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Luk_6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

I am not sure what you are trying to say my friend, perhaps you could clarify your statement for me. God is Love, what could be more alluring and attractive than Love? He commands us to love one another, and to love the lost, and generally to express His nature to all around us. It was indeed the Love of Christ that compelled Him to the cross on our behalf.

1Jn_4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love
1Jn_4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

Joh_13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Joh_15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Luk_6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
I am responding to the great prospectus in the gospel, as basis for faith, in terms of firsthand knowledge of God as promised by Jesus Christ on the first day of screening of disciples, in lieu of even his own word of mouth which he himself questioned. (John 1: 50-51). <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
<o:p> </o:p>
There are no present day reports on follow up and verification. Are there any?

I am responding to the great prospectus in the gospel, as basis for faith, in terms of firsthand knowledge of God as promised by Jesus Christ on the first day of screening of disciples, in lieu of even his own word of mouth which he himself questioned. (John 1:50-51). There are no present day reports on follow up and verification. Are there any?

If I understand you properly you want to know if anyone has had the actual privilege of knowing God (knowing Love)? Then I can testify, God is a reality in my life and expresses Himself to me daily. He speaks to me, He leads and guides me, He empowers me, and etc, the list could go one. He has become my Father and I am invited freely into His presence. Those under the Old Covenant (servants under the Law) had no such opportunity and feared His voice (Deu 18:16 ). If you have not yet had the pleasure of meeting God read the story of the prodigal in Luk 15:11- 32, this will give a clear picture of the invitation the Father continually gives. One must be born again (Joh 3:3, Joh 3:7) to see, understand or even perceive the Kingdom of God. Without this a person will always be ion the outside looking in.
Also, I do not believe Jesus screened His disciples but instead went where the Spirit lead Him to whom the Spirit lead Him.
Many blessings,
your brother Larry.

If I understand you properly you want to know if anyone has had the actual privilege of knowing God (knowing Love)? Then I can testify, God is a reality in my life and expresses Himself to me daily. He speaks to me, He leads and guides me, He empowers me, and etc, the list could go one. He has become my Father and I am invited freely into His presence. Those under the Old Covenant (servants under the Law) had no such opportunity and feared His voice (Deu 18:16 ). If you have not yet had the pleasure of meeting God read the story of the prodigal in Luk 15:11- 32, this will give a clear picture of the invitation the Father continually gives. One must be born again (Joh 3:3, Joh 3:7) to see, understand or even perceive the Kingdom of God. Without this a person will always be ion the outside looking in.
Also, I do not believe Jesus screened His disciples but instead went where the Spirit lead Him to whom the Spirit lead Him.
Many blessings,
your brother Larry.

Hello brother,

First things first, I am exceedingly glad to make the personal acquaintance of someone like you who personally knows Jesus Christ. Having seen him in a personal vision of his death on the cross, I too have continually grown in his grace and knowledge for longer than 3 decades!

God bless you.

What exactly is Jesus Christ’s power of attraction? <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

His irresistable grace!

All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day."

And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.

...you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.
<SUP></SUP>
Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise Him; He has put Him to grief. When You make His soul an offering for sin, He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand. He shall see the labor of His soul, and be satisfied. By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many, for He shall bear their iniquities. Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great,and He shall divide the spoil with the strong, because He poured out His soul unto death, and He was numbered with the transgressors, and He bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

"You are worthy to take the scroll, and to open its seals; for You were slain, and have redeemed us to God by Your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, and have made us kings and priests to our God; and we shall reign on the earth.

You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.

Now when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

Jesus will build His church and save everyone He ever intended to. He alone is worthy of praise!!!

<SUP></SUP>

His irresistable grace!

All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day."

And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.

...you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.
<SUP></SUP>
Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise Him; He has put Him to grief. When You make His soul an offering for sin, He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand. He shall see the labor of His soul, and be satisfied. By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many, for He shall bear their iniquities. Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great,and He shall divide the spoil with the strong, because He poured out His soul unto death, and He was numbered with the transgressors, and He bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

"You are worthy to take the scroll, and to open its seals; for You were slain, and have redeemed us to God by Your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, and have made us kings and priests to our God; and we shall reign on the earth.

You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.

Now when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

Jesus will build His church and save everyone He ever intended to. He alone is worthy of praise!!!

<SUP></SUP>

If the claims by Jesus Christ about himself and hearsay by others about him are all that define the power of his attraction, no wonder there are so many denominations and religions competing within and outside of Christianity, respectively.

Where is the promised "real proof", a.k.a., his glory or the vision of his divine identity and absolute authority?
(John 1: 50-51; 5: 31-36; 10: 8: 21-28; 10: 37-38; 12: 32-33; 14: 18-21; 16: 5-15; 19: 30-37)

Light. thats what i think anyway. ever notice how a spirit filled christian's eyes are bright like light is inside but someone who is in the world has dim eyes? now there is always exeptions to the rule. but once i got hands laid on me my eyes was bright from then on.
the following scripture isnt backing this up but its what came to mind while reading some of the text on this thread:
Dan 1:2 And the Lord gave Jehoiakim king of Judah into his hand, with part of the vessels of the house of God, which he carried into the land of Shinar to the house of his god. And he brought the vessels into the treasure house of his god.
Dan 1:3 And the king spoke to Ashpenaz the master of his eunuchs that he should bring some of the sons of Israel, and of the king's seed, and of the rulers;
Dan 1:4 sons in whom was no blemish, but who were handsome and skillful in all wisdom; and who had knowledge and understanding, even those who were able to stand in the king's palace, and to whom they might teach the writing and the language of the Chaldeans.
Daniel and those three hebrew boys had a relationship with God. they had light.

The LOVE of Jesus is His attraction. John 3:16 It is very hard to resist unconditional love. Some do and that is very sad.

Active
The LOVE of Jesus is His attraction. John 3:16 It is very hard to resist unconditional love. Some do and that is very sad.

I believe that's it,here is another verse to back that up:
Proverbs 19:22What a man desires is unfailing love.

Thats what got me,that and the strength and power that one or two Christians I had met displayed.I could have resisted the strength and power but the love got me.

My hope is to someday be able to display that kind of love,until then I am in training.

Light. thats what i think anyway. ever notice how a spirit filled christian's eyes are bright like light is inside but someone who is in the world has dim eyes? now there is always exeptions to the rule. but once i got hands laid on me my eyes was bright from then on.
the following scripture isnt backing this up but its what came to mind while reading some of the text on this thread:
Dan 1:2 And the Lord gave Jehoiakim king of Judah into his hand, with part of the vessels of the house of God, which he carried into the land of Shinar to the house of his god. And he brought the vessels into the treasure house of his god.
Dan 1:3 And the king spoke to Ashpenaz the master of his eunuchs that he should bring some of the sons of Israel, and of the king's seed, and of the rulers;
Dan 1:4 sons in whom was no blemish, but who were handsome and skillful in all wisdom; and who had knowledge and understanding, even those who were able to stand in the king's palace, and to whom they might teach the writing and the language of the Chaldeans.

Thanks for filling in the thoughts!

If we can move from the subjective criterion of "a spirit filled christian's eyes" to the objective criterion of "the source of life" itself, a.k.a., "life-giving Spirit" found, from the beginning, in "the tree of life" and, in the end, in Christ's death on the cross, the light in Christ's power of attraction will be sufficiently intense to draw everyone to himself. (John 12: 32-33)

I pray that we agree. AMEN.

Total Depravity and Irresistable Grace

Theologians like to portray these ideas as contradictory, but I have always viewed them as going hand and hand. The attraction (or irresirtable grace) of Jesus Christ is the depravity of ourselves. No matter which of the titles of God you emphasise (light, love, truth, etc.), it is the need for God within us, which we accept in the person of "God with Us!" If we had no need for God we would not have looked or paid attention to this or any gospel (even idolatry shows our inherant dependancy upon the notion of God, but we limit Him according to our understanding and capabilities making these ideas vain.). Our faith is that He is the expression of the Word of God, an invitation to the manner of fellowship we already profess that we have need of, made possible by His capabilities and understanding!

Theologians like to portray these ideas as contradictory, but I have always viewed them as going hand and hand. The attraction (or irresirtable grace) of Jesus Christ is the depravity of ourselves. No matter which of the titles of God you emphasise (light, love, truth, etc.), it is the need for God within us, which we accept in the person of "God with Us!" If we had no need for God we would not have looked or paid attention to this or any gospel (even idolatry shows our inherant dependancy upon the notion of God, but we limit Him according to our understanding and capabilities making these ideas vain.). Our faith is that He is the expression of the Word of God, an invitation to the manner of fellowship we already profess that we have need of, made possible by His capabilities and understanding!

Infinitely greater than and completely different from anything the self-styled theologians say or do, including the concept of "irresistible grace", Jesus Christ's power of attraction for his followers is his self-sufficient life (completely independent of either our faith or depravity) based on but not limited to the Scriptures. He draws everyone to himself through his verifiably Spirit-active, perfect and diacritical death on the cross, a.k.a., eternal life!

And the Lord gave Jehoiakim king of Judah into his hand, with part of the vessels of the house of God, which he carried into the land of Shinar to the house of his god. And he brought the vessels into the treasure house of his god.
And the king spoke to Ashpenaz the master of his eunuchs that he should bring some of the sons of Israel, and of the king's seed, and of the rulers;
sons in whom was no blemish, but who were handsome and skillful in all wisdom; and who had knowledge and understanding, even those who were able to stand in the king's palace, and to whom they might teach the writing and the language of the Chaldeans.

I've noticed the same thing about the eyes. Times when I have fell into a cycle of sin, they appeared much more dull and lifeless. However, once I draw near to God, it's almost like the anointing can be emitted through our eyes.

The light of the body is the eye: if therefore your eye be sound, your whole body shall be full of light.- Matthew 6:22

I've noticed the same thing about the eyes. Times when I have fell into a cycle of sin, they appeared much more dull and lifeless. However, once I draw near to God, it's almost like the anointing can be emitted through our eyes.

The light of the body is the eye: if therefore your eye be sound, your whole body shall be full of light.- Matthew 6:22

The completing thought: "So if the light in you is darkness, how terribly dark it will be!" (Ibid, 6:23) and the context of the gospel, validate Jesus Christ's power of attraction defined in terms of a divinely characteristic vision as "source of life" and light "finished" in his death on the cross. (John 19: 30-37)

This is also the basis for being "born spiritually of the Spirit", i.e., in the very image of God present in the vision-bearing Christ's death on the cross and for sustainable growth in his grace, knowledge and faith. (Ibid, 3: 1-21)

By the grace of God, I confirm.

Last edited:
lots of good reading here Christ never Judged people......that was His attraction,,He never placed himself in the judgement seat or Lorded over them,,when thats all you see everyday from the leadership . then when one among you diplays the love of GOD TO ONE UNLOVEABLE by most standards it gives the lost hope and we by nature are drawn to Hope...Christ is the hope for the hopeless, imho AS FOR ME HE WAS LIVING WATER TO A DROWNING MAN......Rev

Last edited:
Given the following set of representative promises:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
1. “I am telling you the truth: you will see heaven open and God’s angels going up and coming down on the Son of Man.” (John 1:51)
2. “Suppose, then, that you should see the Son of Man go back up to the place where he was before. What gives life is God’s Spirit: man’s power is of no use at all. The words that I have spoken to you bring God’s life-giving Spirit. Yet some of you do not believe.” And he added, “This is the very reason I told you no one can come to me unless the Father makes it possible for him to do so.” (Ibid, 6: 62-65)
3. “When I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw everyone to me.” The kind of death he was going to suffer refers. (Ibid, 12: 32-33)
4. “In a little while the world will see me no more; but you will see me: and because I live you also will live.” (Ibid, 14:19)
5. “People will look at him whom they pierced.” (Ibid, 19:37)
6. “When he went up to the very heights, he took many captives with him; he gave gifts to mankind.” (Ps. 68:18 quoted in Eph. 4:8)

The power of attraction resting upon Jesus....Ethiopian fellow.....is that He alone.....He alone...can save your undying soul from HELL

lots of good reading here Christ never Judged people......that was His attraction,,He never placed himself in the judgement seat or Lorded over them,,when thats all you see everyday from the leadership . then when one among you diplays the love of GOD TO ONE UNLOVEABLE by most standards it gives the lost hope and we by nature are drawn to Hope...Christ is the hope for the hopeless, imho AS FOR ME HE WAS LIVING WATER TO A DROWNING MAN......Rev

Very true! At the same time, Jesus was not at all shy in exercising his judgement function of baptism with the the Holy Spirit before, during and after his unique death on the cross, a.k.a., his throne. (Rev. 5)