• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Jesus brothers tried to set him up to be killed, if you thought Joseph’s brothers was something, you ought to check this out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loyal
Oh, yes. Take you time, read it for yourself, and John chapter 7. Jesus had got so warm up by the time he got to chapter 8, the Pharisees call Him a Devil, He called them devil, then they started talking about each other’s daddies. Now, they wanted to really kill him. You think that we on TalkJesus be in debate! Jesus is having it out with those Pharisees. Check it out. I was reading ESV. Gospel of John 7 and chapters 8. Read it slow.

Loyal
Sometimes that is why you just read, let the Holy Spirit reveal the story to you and you see it. The Word of God is “living”

Loyal
But the Holy Spirit does Not reveal to any one person information that is Not in His Word.

Chapter 7 of John is showing that Jesus Christ was not popular with some of the Jews. Nothing surprised Him -- He knew that all of this was leading up to His trial, crucifixion. But He was Not some poor little old guy as you were picturing Him to be in that other thread.

It's probably like having half a cup of water. Some will see it as half Full and other as half Empty. Perspective.

Loyal
Ok, He was like, “Mr. Universe”, the Arnold Schwarzenegger. Or The “Hercules” of Nazareth” or liken to “Achilles” the son Peleus and Thetis. With the intellect of “Marcus Tullius”. Or went to the “Finest theological” schools that was available. No I don’t think he was like that, I think He looked like a “Homeless” man, and His mother was homeless too. One set of clothes, because they had to leave “Nazareth” they had no money, to pay even the Temple Tax or the Roman Tax.. I think I will stay to the Scripture. They were “Poor”,.

Loyal
They were just like every one else. Except that He was destined to die on the cross and rise again on the 3rd day.

Wnl

Hi PloughBoy,
They were not poor, they were carpenters, which was a very
respected trade in those days.
Carpenters today are not poor.
I'm disappointed as regards your language with negative respect
of our saviour and Lord Jesus Christ.
What is rich or poor got to do with anything as regards Jesus nothing.
With Love, Wnl

Wnl

Hi PloughBoy,
Jesuses brothers did not try to set Him up to be killed period.
They were Jealous of Him, and also in the early days didn't
believe on Him, but James and Judus His brothers believed
on Him later and wrote two books of the bible.
Just because He went later to the feast and not with His brothers
doesn't prove anything that they were planning His murder.
With Love, Wnl

Loyal
LOL, you are trying, and want to be kind I give you credit for that. Bless your heart. I sorry, but your “Savior and his Mama” was dirt poor! They didn’t even have place to lay their heads down nor did they have any money after Joesph died. I know you don’t want to hear that about your Jesus, I understand. If it makes feel better it ‘s ok.:neutral: Now when Joesph was living, he had a lot of mouths to feed , I think Jesus had what was it about 5 or 6 brothers including Him and Mary. Nazareth was not a big town, most of the people who stay there was Jesus relatives. Back in those days, most likely everybody was “Sheepherder”, a carpenter, ditch digger, Everybody want Jesus now days, to be a well like individual, with a good job, grew in in a model family, with a respectable. Mother.

Loyal
Hi PloughBoy,
Jesuses brothers did not try to set Him up to be killed period.
They were Jealous of Him, and also in the early days didn't
believe on Him, but James and Judus His brothers believed
on Him later and wrote two books of the bible.
Just because He went later to the feast and not with His brothers
doesn't prove anything that they were planning His murder.
With Love, Wnl
Ok, if you rose up from the dead after three days, my brothers would write a book about me too!
I’m not going to read the text again right now. But, some times when you read the text, “You have to do a “Sherlock Holmes” on the text! They knew the Jews wanted to kill him down there. Telling him, go head on down there since you what to be known, show yourself. They knew those Jews was looking for Him,
Those Jews ran Jesus out of his own town trying to kill him after he got threw preaching. That is why Jesus told his brothers he was not going. And soon they left , he slip down there in secret. He did not let them know he was going. He lied to them! Lol

Loyal
Well he did not directly lie to them. But when they left he snuck in behind them. He knew them brothers! He was the older brother and they was sinners with a capital “S”!

Loyal
Sometimes as children of God, God will show you things and breathe the breath of life upon “Holy Scripture” you will be laughing. Especially when He is dealing with His “Elected ones”. That is also a reward for “diligently seeking Him”. The reward is, giving you, Himself. In which no man can take it away

Loyal
LOL, you are trying, and want to be kind I give you credit for that. Bless your heart. I sorry, but your “Savior and his Mama” was dirt poor! They didn’t even have place to lay their heads down nor did they have any money after Joesph died. I know you don’t want to hear that about your Jesus, I understand. If it makes feel better it ‘s ok.:neutral: Now when Joesph was living, he had a lot of mouths to feed , I think Jesus had what was it about 5 or 6 brothers including Him and Mary. Nazareth was not a big town, most of the people who stay there was Jesus relatives. Back in those days, most likely everybody was “Sheepherder”, a carpenter, ditch digger, Everybody want Jesus now days, to be a well like individual, with a good job, grew in in a model family, with a respectable. Mother.

Scripture says nothing about Joseph other than he was the legal father of Jesus. There's nothing in Scripture that suggests they were 'dirt poor' or any of the other comments you make concerning their economic position either before or after Josephs' death. It Does say that they were on a journey with Jesus and it was a couple of days before they realized He wasn't with the group. After Mary, his mother said something to Him about where he'd been -- He put himself in subjection to them. He would go sit with the men and learn -- they were amazed at how much He knew.

Wnl is on the right track.

Loyal
22When the time came for the purification rites required by the Law of Moses, Joseph and Mary took him to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord 23(as it is written in the Law of the Lord, “Every firstborn male is to be consecrated to the Lord” b ), 24and to offer a sacrifice in keeping with what is said in the Law of the Lord: “a pair of doves or two young pigeons.” c (Luke 2: 22-24)

King James Bible
And when the days of her purifying are fulfilled, for a son, or for a daughter, she shall bring a lamb of the first year for a burnt offering, and a young pigeon, or a turtledove, for a sin offering, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, unto the priest:
(Leviticus 12:6).

Poor people bring “Doves and pigeons”!! Check the law of Moses! And I want apology.
New International Version
For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich. (2 Corinthians 8:9). I hope I don’t have explain this verse.

New King James Version
And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.” (Luke 9:58).
James 2:5
Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

Loyal
Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers
(24) A pair of turtle doves.—The law of Leviticus 12:8 allowed these to be substituted for the normal sacrifice of a lamb as a burnt-offering, and a pigeon or dove as a sin-offering, when the mother was “not able” to offer the former. We may see, therefore, in this fact, another indication of the poverty of Joseph and his espoused wife. The offering had, like all other sacrifices, to be made in the Temple. It seems all but certain that this visit to Jerusalem must have preceded the visit of the Magi. After that, it would have been perilous in the extreme, and the narrative of Matthew 2 implies an immediate departure for Egypt after they had left.

Status
Not open for further replies.