• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

JeRoche

Hi JeRoche!

I tried to send you a private message but it wouldnt let me and says you have chosen not to receive private messages, so I apologise if anyone is unhappy with me for posting this on this forum!

Thank you for the welcome to this site, that was very thoughtful of you.

I've added you to my buddy list, i hope you don't mind!!!!

Kind regards,
Sarah

Hrm...

Now I feel bad that I secluded myself from this site by not accepting any messages and not checking the boards recently.

But I am a married woman :girl: and my husband comes first in my life. I tell him everything I do online so that he won't have to worry, and when I told him that I was sent a private message by a guy on here, my husband just felt uncomfortable about that... and I could tell that he did. :confused: I told him I would not come to this site at all anymore, because I didn't want to give him any reason to worry or to feel uncomfortable about things, and he said he would let the decision as to whether or not I came back be up to me.

Well... I thought about it and I told him about the neat journal system on here and told him I still wanted to use that feature of this site, and he said that would be fine with him. He said he felt I had a lot of really good ideas and thoughts to share with people and that I have a ministry in sharing with others and giving advice. And that's why he hated to tell me not to come to a site like this. At the same time, though, he'd just heard the story about the pregnant woman who was killed by her online friends because they knew her just well enough to know that she was pregnant and where she lived and everything but the woman did not know them well enough to know that they couldn't be trusted.

Everybody, be careful when you are online with other people, please. The story really scared me too so I promised my husband again I would not get too close to anyone on here or post any personal information at all about myself. I would suggest you all be really careful, too. Online fellowship can be such a blessing if used properly but there are a lot of scary things going on in this evil world. I'm sorry that I cannot fellowship with you all very much here, but I promise to fellowship with all of you as much as you want once we get to the really nice, protected world that God has created for us, called Heaven.

In the meantime, though, since my husband has agreed with me that my writing in the journal here is a good idea, I will get started on that soon. And I pray that you all will be blessed and benefited from some of the things I say on there. And I apologize again to Sarah and Jessica and everyone else on here that I have secluded myself from.

Your sister in Christ,
JeRoche

JeRoche,

I want to apologize to your husband if that was me. I receive messages daily from brothers and sisters with inquiries and may have replied to your original message regarding fellowship with other sisters. One message from a sister was encouraging my wife to register because my wife may be too shy. I feel my wife just does not feel led here. Anyway, the reason for this post is if that was me. I am sorry. No need to respond.

Your brother in Christ Jesus!

Is it wrong to fellowship with someone who is of the opposite gender?

I didn't want to say who it was that wrote me. But you are right, I did write you, Bobinfaith, hoping I could encourage your wife to join so that I might be friends with her. It is hard to find good Christian women to fellowship with and I do get lonely sometimes and wish I had a Christian lady friend to chat with. I was new here and hadn't found any women to chat with yet, at that time.

I hope I did not overstep any boundaries when I wrote you, though, Bob. I told my husband I wrote you asking if your wife could join and he said even though my intentions were good I probably shouldn't have written you.

What do the rest of you guys think? Is it wrong to fellowship with members of the opposite sex, especially when you're married? There seems to be such a thin line. On the one hand we are brothers and sisters in Christ and it seems as though we should be able to fellowship as such, and on the other hand jealousy is a human emotion that even Christians feel and I believe strongly that I shouldn't give my husband reason to feel that where I am concerned. Since this thread is located in the Bible Online Chat forum, I ask that the other members of this message board to help me find Bible verses that would answer my question as to whether or not it is alright for members of the opposite sex to fellowship with one another.

Hi Jeroche

I personally don't think it's wrong to fellowship with the opposite sex. I have many friends male and female and I'm also a married woman. I think if we are secure in our marriage and committed to our spouse and vice versa then there shouldn't be a problem with that. As they are my brothers and sisters in Christ I view them as just that - brothers and sisters.

What does everybody else think?

Kind regards,
Sarah

JeRoche said:
I didn't want to say who it was that wrote me. But you are right, I did write you, Bobinfaith, hoping I could encourage your wife to join so that I might be friends with her. It is hard to find good Christian women to fellowship with and I do get lonely sometimes and wish I had a Christian lady friend to chat with. I was new here and hadn't found any women to chat with yet, at that time.

I hope I did not overstep any boundaries when I wrote you, though, Bob. I told my husband I wrote you asking if your wife could join and he said even though my intentions were good I probably shouldn't have written you.

What do the rest of you guys think? Is it wrong to fellowship with members of the opposite sex, especially when you're married? There seems to be such a thin line. On the one hand we are brothers and sisters in Christ and it seems as though we should be able to fellowship as such, and on the other hand jealousy is a human emotion that even Christians feel and I believe strongly that I shouldn't give my husband reason to feel that where I am concerned. Since this thread is located in the Bible Online Chat forum, I ask that the other members of this message board to help me find Bible verses that would answer my question as to whether or not it is alright for members of the opposite sex to fellowship with one another.
DEAR FRIEND, I TO AM A WOMEN HERE AT TALK JESUS AND MY OPINION ON FELLOWSHIPPING WITH OTHER BROTHERS HERE IS STICTLY INNOCENT . I DONT DESIRE FELLOWSHIP OUT OF GODS WORD, I SHARE WITH EVERYONE AND I AM COMPLETEY HAPPY WITH THE ONE I GAVE MY HEART TO. I SEE THERE IS NOTHING WRONG AS BOTH BROTHERS AND SISTERS COMING HERE AND PRAISING GOD AND WORSHIPING HIM WE COME TO GIVE GLORY TO GOD AND FELLOWSHIP IS IMPORTANT BUT IF YOU FEEL THAT YOUR NOT COMFORTABLE SHARING WITH THE BROTHERS HERE THEN THAT IS YOUR DECISION, I DO FEEL THAT YOU NEED TO HONOR YOUR HUSBANDS WISHES FOR HE IS THE HEAD OF YOUR HOME BUT NO IF IT STAYS INNOCENT AND PURE AND AROUND THE WORD OF GOD THAN IT IS JUST PURE FELLOWSHIP. GOD BLESS YOU SISTER AND YOUR HUSBAND. AND TO THE FACT OF JEALOUSY THAT IS OF THE FLESH AND WE SHOULD FOCUS ON OUR SPIRITUAL MINDS AMEN. FOREVERWJESUS

Thank you JeRoche, and everybody, your points well taken, being that we must always focus our energies on Jesus, being Christ like.

Please read the thread from Feedback and Suggestions, "Before I Enter Talk Jesus".

Sister JeRoche, please reference Hebrews 13:4 regarding marriage.

Thank you!

Your brother in Christ Jesus!

Last edited:
I too am a married woman and would love to share the fellowship of people of God. From what I've read so far, JeRoche, I'm glad you're here. I would suggest that you remain close with God and He will prompt you in your interactions with others, male or female. Let Him guide you. Also, if your husband is totally against this fellowship, which it doesn't sound like, then you would need to submit to Him as well. I trust that the Lord makes things clear for you so that you can be the blessing He wants you to be, here or elsewhere.
Having said that....Welcome! Glad to meet you. Actually, this thread has me thinking that we should probably have a marriage thread/forum here.

Blessings all!
Eden

Wow

Okay, first I'd like to say thank you to everyone for understanding and for your encouragement and support.

Fear is not an emotion that is of God. I believe that. I believe there are certain emotions/feelings that are of God and some that are not. Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control are all the fruits of the Holy Spirit and therefore are of God. (Galations 5:22) Therefore, one is to conclude that emotions such as fear, hatred, jelousy, and all the other opposites of those good emotions would therefore be not of God. And I experienced fear while my husband experienced jealousy. I apologize. And I thank you, my Christian brothers and sisters, for not treating me in a negative way because I was not being very Christian-like for a while there. Instead you all stood by me and uplifted me and brought me back to where I needed to be. That's what God intended for his children to do for one another, and I thank you.

Thank you Sarah, for your input on this conversation. I apologize for being unreachable in the beginning and then for turning your thread into a whole other topic than what you intended for it to be. Yet, you were a good sport about all this so I appreciate that and I hope we can be Christian friends for a lifetime.

Thank you, Bobinfaith, for you understanding. Thank you for giving me that Bible verse to refer to and thank you also for the direction to the thread Before I enter TalkJesus. I have followed the advice that you gave.

Thank you, ForeverwJesus and Eden for your advice, support, and suggestions. Your words of wisdom helped a lot.

And thank you Chad, for understanding how and why this odd topic got started in this forum. And thanks most of all for having a place that Christians can come to and for praying for the people who come here and for allowing God's will to be done and God's work to take place here at TalkJesus.

Love in Christ to all,
JeRoche

Hi JeRoche,

I understand exactly what you were saying in your previous post that we have to be careful when talking online with people. As I work shift work and work a lot of hours, I don't get to church as often as I would like to and be amongst brothers and sisters of Christ as much as I'd like to and that was the main reason I joined this site. I have such a good feeling about this site and it has given me fellowship with other Christians when that isnt always possible because of work e.t.c.

This really is a great place for me and I hope to see you around the forums!

God bless you

Kind regards,
Sarah

In the kingdom of God there is neither male or female we are as the angels neither marrying or being given in marriage. If anything draws you back into the flesh avoid it as you are now and forever a part of the kingdom of God..... So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.