• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Jehovah's Witnesses and their many false prophecies

Administrator
Staff Member
Jehovah's Witnesses and their many false prophecies

by Matt Slick

The Witnesses make many claims in their attempt to convert you to their faith. They profess to have the only true Christian church, to be the only true representatives of God, to have the only correct biblical teaching, and to be the only true announcers of Jehovah's coming kingdom.

If they are the only true church and are the only true voice of God's word, then what they say should prove to be true, especially in prophecy. When it comes to predicting the future, the Watchtower organization fails miserably. Following are some of the false predictions made over the years by the Watchtower organization. If you present these to a JW, he will probably say something like, "Those are taken out of context," or "They didn't claim to be the prophet of God," or "The light is getting brighter and we are understanding Bible prophecy better now," etc. Make a copy of these false prophecies, found in the appendix, and give it to them to check. They are right out of the Witnesses' literature.

Remember Deut. 18:22, "If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him." If someone makes a false prophecy, and they have claimed to be a prophet of God, then they are false prophets and are not to be listened to. Do the Witnesses claim to be the prophet of God? Yes, they do.

In 1972 the Jehovah's Witness Watchtower claimed to be the prophet of God.

IDENTIFYING THE "PROPHET"
-- "So does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come? These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet?...This "prophet" was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian Witnesses...Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a 'prophet' of God. It is another thing to prove it," (Watchtower, Apr. 1, 1972, p. 197). (See Deut. 18:21.)

• 1897 "Our Lord, the appointed King, is now present, since October 1874," (Studies in the Scriptures, vol. 4, p. 621).
  • 1899 "...the 'battle of the great day of God Almighty' (Revelation 16:14), which will end in A.D. 1914 with the complete overthrow of earth's present rulership, is already commenced," (The Time Is at Hand, 1908 edition, p. 101).
  • 1916 "The Bible chronology herein presented shows that the six great 1000 year days beginning with Adam are ended, and that the great 7th Day, the 1000 years of Christ's Reign, began in 1873," (The Time Is at Hand, forward, p. ii).
  • 1918 "Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old, particularly those named by the Apostle in Hebrews 11, to the condition of human perfection," (Millions Now Living Will Never Die, p. 89).
  • 1922 "The date 1925 is even more distinctly indicated by the Scriptures than 1914," (Watchtower, Sept. 1, 1922, p. 262).
  • 1923 "Our thought is, that 1925 is definitely settled by the Scriptures. As to Noah, the Christian now has much more upon which to base his faith than Noah had upon which to base his faith in a coming deluge," (Watchtower, Apr. 1, 1923, p. 106).
  • 1925 "The year 1925 is here. With great expectation Christians have looked forward to this year. Many have confidently expected that all members of the body of Christ will be changed to heavenly glory during this year. This may be accomplished. It may not be. In his own due time God will accomplish his purposes concerning his people. Christians should not be so deeply concerned about what may transpire this year," (Watchtower, Jan. 1, 1925, p. 3).
  • 1925 "It is to be expected that Satan will try to inject into the minds of the consecrated, the thought that 1925 should see an end to the work," (Watchtower, Sept., 1925, p. 262).
  • 1926 "Some anticipated that the work would end in 1925, but the Lord did not state so. The difficulty was that the friends inflated their imaginations beyond reason; and that when their imaginations burst asunder, they were inclined to throw away everything," (Watchtower, p. 232).
  • 1931 "There was a measure of disappointment on the part of Jehovah's faithful ones on earth concerning the years 1917, 1918, and 1925, which disappointment lasted for a time...and they also learned to quit fixing dates," (Vindication, p. 338).
  • 1941 "Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord's provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon," (Watchtower, Sept. 15, 1941, p. 288).
  • 1968 "True, there have been those in times past who predicted an 'end to the world', even announcing a specific date. Yet nothing happened. The 'end' did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing?.. Missing from such people were God's truths and evidence that he was using and guiding them," (Awake, Oct. 8, 1968).
  • 1968 "Why are you looking forward to 1975?" (Watchtower, Aug. 15, 1968, p. 494).

A JW might say that the organization is still learning. If that is so, then how can they trust what they are taught now by the Watchtower? Will what they are being taught now change also?

A true prophet of God won't err in prophesying. Only a false prophet does. The Jehovah's Witness organization, that claims to be a prophet of God, is really a false prophet. Jesus warned us by saying, "For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect -- if that were possible" (Matt. 24:24).

The Jehovah's Witnesses are a very dangerous cult.

Christian common ground should be at Calvary, but it is not. Their "jesus" is not Jesus at all so therefore their "Jehovah" is NOT God Almighty.

They deny the Holy Spirit and the literal resurrection of Jesus from the dead. They claim Jesus' body ceased to exist and he was "raised" a spiritual being (an arch-angel).

There is no common ground. Sad, but true.

Last edited:
The Jehovah's Witnesses are a very dangerous cult.

Christian common ground should be at Calvary, but it is not. Their "jesus" is not Jesus at all so therefore their "Jehovah" is NOT God Almighty.

They deny the Holy Spirit and the literal resurrection of Jesus from the dead. They claim Jesus' body ceased to exist and he was "raised" a spiritual being (an arch-angel).

There is no common ground. Sad, but true.

JW's think Jesus Christ or their version of Him is and was Michael - as do the sabbies (SDA's)
they are also under fear of excommunication and all sorts of eternal bad stuff if they do not stick to the plan and if they do not do as they are told

very controlling
like most cults a newbie has to go through a process of earning points and getting in the flow of things and the reward system is flattery and encouragement mixed with social acceptance and friendship (robotic) and fear which boosts newbies along the production line and then the door closes and there is little chance of escape as far as they then think

nasty cruel manipulation
and all in the name of the LORD

the Church would do well today to guard against using the same tactics and to keep unspotted from the world

The Watchtower Bible and Track Society is blood guilty of Spiritual Abuse.

Tiz true...

Jesus said, "Whatsoever you have done to the least of these, my brethren, you have done unto me."

It is my opinion that many of the people that are enslaved to the Watchtower Corporation began their "study" with the desire to know God. Being unaware of the fact that the goal of the Governing Body is to enslave (Slave Class) a FREE workforce to distribute their publications, they are told a great big lie which the "Friends" call "The Truth".

I will tell you the truth.. (no theocratic warfare here mind you).. THE TRUTH (Jesus.. John 14:6 ) will set them free. But first they must believe with their hearts that The Holy Spirit has raised Jesus (the real Jesus) from the dead, LITERALLY.

Once that has been established and they UNLEARN what they were taught by the Watchtower Society regarding Jesus and the Holy Spirit, there is hope for them yet.

But for those that deliberately teach others to reject the true Jesus and through deception, fear, and manipulation cripple the souls of people wanting a real relationship with Almighty God, there is a place reserved in Hell for them unless they repent.

I have some friends,who are believers, that were given Watchtower material. Shortly after receiving it they began to fight every time they were about to begin Bible study. They asked God to show them what was causing the dissension. One day out of the blue the husband says to his wife "I know what is causing this. It is that Watchtower material." They immediately burned it and the peace of God was restored to their home. Just saying.

J.W.s believe JESUS CHRIST is a mere angel!
Heb_2:5 For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.

but God says the angels will not rule in the world to come !

but of course many scriptures Reveal Jesus is Creator !

It sad so many are trapped in cults and religions ! Many have a deep desire toward the LORD! Yet get caught up in junk !

That why it Important we have a personal ONE on One relationship with our LORD JESUS CHRIST!

Too many are following popes ,pastors , religions and cults ! We Only follow our LORD ! I know this does not set well with many ?

JW's Watchtower organisation is a free masonry marketing cult club organisation. Looks like MLM it is evil and darkness!

many do believe in God but since they do not have the True Gospel and reject The Lord Jesus Christ as Being Fully GOD they deny Him The Father also! they are deceived it grieves me but they say Jesus is a god, notice never will they say Capital G God. Whom Jesus IS, He is GOD in FULL.

if we reject the Son as GOD we also reject the Father as GOD.

Last edited:
Beloved,

believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
Hereby know ye the Spirit of God:
Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God:
and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come;
and even now already is it in the world.

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them:
because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

They are of the world:
therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

We are of God:
he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us.

Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

1John 4:1-6

Loyal
I've never been a JW. But I dated a girl who who grew up JW. I don't know if everyone believes what she was taught, but it's interesting.

According to her....

Jehovah is the ONLY proper name for God.
Jesus isn't true God who assumed human nature to be our savior.
Jesus is a created being, he is also Michael the archangel, and "a" god.
Jehovah's Witnesses aren't allowed to pray to Jesus, in fact they can be ex-communicated from the church for doing so.
There is no Holy Trinity, Jesus isn't God, and the Holy Spirit is just an impersonal force.
Only 144,000 will go to heaven, approximately 8000 or so of these spaces are left in heaven today.
The rest of the Jehovah's Witnesses will live on a restored paradise on Earth (kind of a garden of Eden).
According to the Watchtower Society (the JW headquarters in Brooklyn NY) Jesus became the ruler of God's kingdom in 1914.
The Watchtower Society is Jesus' ONLY agency on earth.
All other people (claiming to be Christians or not) belong to the devil's organization and will be annihilated at Armageddon.
A non-JW church is a demon infested building with a pagan symbol on the top (the cross) filled with immoral people who worship a false (trinitarian) God.
JW's view the national flag as a cloth idol that people salute and bow down to.
In some cases the cross itself is viewed as an idol that people worship.
Anyone who does not belong to the JW church (Watchtower Society) is lost and outside of salvation.

It makes you wonder.... Where was Jesus from 33AD until 1914? Where was the Watchtower society?
Why called yourself a "Christian" if Jesus isn't really God, or your savior, and you can't pray to him anyway?

The girl I dated is no longer a JW, but she told me they were never allowed to celebrate birthdays or most holidays. (They were all Pagan rituals with Pagan roots).
She said some of the people in the church were not allowed to receive blood transfusions.
These last two items aren't really of any significance concerning salvation to other Christians.

Some research I did on my own at various websites (including the watchtower site itself).
The Watchtower Society was founded by Charles Russell.
JW's also use their own Bible (NWT) New World Translation that translates many verses differently. (For example John 1:1 says ... "and the Word was a god")
JW's will sometimes say they believe in the resurrection of Jesus, however their version is quite a bit different. Jesus did not come back in the flesh, but was
re-created as a spirit creature (Michael the archangel).
Jesus only sacrificed his human body (He is not considered deity) and even then it was only for Adam, not all man-kind.
The JW's that go to heaven need to be born again, however the JW's that will stay here on the earth do not need to be born again.

Last edited:
I have a suggestion for anyone who is approached by a Jehovah's witness.

Do not try to dispute any of the false doctrines that BAC has listed above. They will go into automatic mental overdrive and shut out any thing you have to say as they have practiced doing just that. Your goal should be to get them to think for themselves and not regurgitate their well rehearsed dogma.

My suggestion is to ask them if they have their Bible with them and if they left it in their car ask them to get it. When they have THEIR bible in hand, ask them if they would read FROM THEIR BIBLE,

Revelation 1:8 ("I am the Alpha and the Omega says Jehovah God. The one who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty") Once they have read it out loud for you, ask them "Who is the Alpha and the Omega?" Their answer would be "Jehovah"

Next ask them to Read out loud to you ...

Revelation 21:6-7 ("And he said to me, 'They have come to pass. I am the alpha and omega, the beginning and the end to anyone thirsting I will give from the spring of water of life free. Anyone conquering will inherit those things and I shall be his God and he will be my son.'") Then ask them "Who is the beginning and the End the Alpha and Omega?"... Their answer will be "Jehovah"

Then have them read out loud to you...

Revelation 22:12-13 (Look! I am coming quickly and the reward I give is with me, to repay to each one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, The first and the last, the beginning and the end.) Then ask them "Who is the first and the last? Jehovah God?" and they would say "Yes"

At each point do not try to correct them or argue with them. Focus on getting to the next verse.

Finally have them read out loud ..

Revelation 1:17-18 ("And when I saw Him, I fell as dead at his feet and he laid his right hand on me and said, 'Do not be afraid, I am the first and the last and the living one; and I became dead but look I am living forever and I have the keys of death and of the grave.'")... Then ask them "When did Jehovah God die?"

The goal is to get them to think for themselves.

Be kind and let them know you are willing to talk to them once they answer that question. Do not entertain any diversion from the question as they are masters at changing the subject back to their comfort zone of preplanned answers. If possible, have the four scriptures and the four questions on index cards to give them and send them on their way.

The passages I have quoted above are from their newest translation (2013 New World Translation ie "The Silver Sword")

I have a suggestion for anyone who is approached by a Jehovah's witness.

Do not try to dispute any of the false doctrines that BAC has listed above. They will go into automatic mental overdrive and shut out any thing you have to say as they have practiced doing just that. Your goal should be to get them to think for themselves and not regurgitate their well rehearsed dogma.

My suggestion is to ask them if they have their Bible with them and if they left it in their car ask them to get it. When they have THEIR bible in hand, ask them if they would read FROM THEIR BIBLE,

Revelation 1:8 ("I am the Alpha and the Omega says Jehovah God. The one who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty") Once they have read it out loud for you, ask them "Who is the Alpha and the Omega?" Their answer would be "Jehovah"

Next ask them to Read out loud to you ...

Revelation 21:6-7 ("And he said to me, 'They have come to pass. I am the alpha and omega, the beginning and the end to anyone thirsting I will give from the spring of water of life free. Anyone conquering will inherit those things and I shall be his God and he will be my son.'") Then ask them "Who is the beginning and the End the Alpha and Omega?"... Their answer will be "Jehovah"

Then have them read out loud to you...

Revelation 22:12-13 (Look! I am coming quickly and the reward I give is with me, to repay to each one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, The first and the last, the beginning and the end.) Then ask them "Who is the first and the last? Jehovah God?" and they would say "Yes"

At each point do not try to correct them or argue with them. Focus on getting to the next verse.

Finally have them read out loud ..

Revelation 1:17-18 ("And when I saw Him, I fell as dead at his feet and he laid his right hand on me and said, 'Do not be afraid, I am the first and the last and the living one; and I became dead but look I am living forever and I have the keys of death and of the grave.'")... Then ask them "When did Jehovah God die?"

The goal is to get them to think for themselves.

Be kind and let them know you are willing to talk to them once they answer that question. Do not entertain any diversion from the question as they are masters at changing the subject back to their comfort zone of preplanned answers. If possible, have the four scriptures and the four questions on index cards to give them and send them on their way.

The passages I have quoted above are from their newest translation (2013 New World Translation ie "The Silver Sword")

Very good brother. It's very hard because when two JW's come to you they are not coming to you to listen or to buy but to sell. It's like trying to convert a door to door salesman. But that's the same with any church that does evangelism. But this might work for anyone you come into contact with during everyday life.

Active

RJ

I pray that God drops the love of his true word and Jesus Christ in every JW heart!

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
Good thinking @Strypes! I like that.

Good to see you here again too. God bless.

Last edited: