• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Jealousy gets the best of me..

Last night, I sat on my bed for almost half a hour before talking to God cause I could feel that my heart wasn't right and pure to pray After that I prayed so hard but the thought of jealousy keeps coming up in my head.

A girl got a position that I wanted badly, so yes I'm honest I am jealous and I am upset. My sinful nature is telling me to think crazy negative thoughts, while God is telling me that the other girl is also his child and that I shouldnt be nasty to her. I just couldn't believe that she got it.

You know first thing I saw here was that you felt like you couldn't pray to God because you felt your heart wasn't right and you weren't pure enough to pray .. I want to tell you sister that when you accepted Christ as your Savior you gained something .. a mediator on your behalf so that you can stand before God and talk to Him any time sweetie! That mediator is Jesus who gave himself for you. Jesus covers your sin and you stand before God as righteous, His child, forgiven, a saint, justified and sanctified. There is never a time that you can't stand before your Father and talk to Him.

As for the jealousy, no its not good to be jealous ... but hunni we are human and will never be perfect. Talk to Him about how you feel .. ask for Him to change the way your heart is feeling. When you start feeling jealous, start praying to your Heavenly Father.

And remember God ALWAYS has your best in mind! Praying for you sister HUG

You know first thing I saw here was that you felt like you couldn't pray to God because you felt your heart wasn't right and you weren't pure enough to pray .. I want to tell you sister that when you accepted Christ as your Savior you gained something .. a mediator on your behalf so that you can stand before God and talk to Him any time sweetie! That mediator is Jesus who gave himself for you. Jesus covers your sin and you stand before God as righteous, His child, forgiven, a saint, justified and sanctified. There is never a time that you can't stand before your Father and talk to Him.

As for the jealousy, no its not good to be jealous ... but hunni we are human and will never be perfect. Talk to Him about how you feel .. ask for Him to change the way your heart is feeling. When you start feeling jealous, start praying to your Heavenly Father.

And remember God ALWAYS has your best in mind! Praying for you sister HUG

thank you. I really appreciate it

Last night, I sat on my bed for almost half a hour before talking to God cause I could feel that my heart wasn't right and pure to pray After that I prayed so hard but the thought of jealousy keeps coming up in my head.

A girl got a position that I wanted badly, so yes I'm honest I am jealous and I am upset. My sinful nature is telling me to think crazy negative thoughts, while God is telling me that the other girl is also his child and that I shouldnt be nasty to her. I just couldn't believe that she got it.

Pray God's blessing on that girl and wish her the best. Although our flesh can and does rise up at times we can still choose to reject it's attitudes, The very fact that you were praying about this signifies that the Holy Spirit is there drawing, leading and empowering you to overcome this,
You are in my prayer my friend.

Pray God's blessing on that girl and wish her the best. Although our flesh can and does rise up at times we can still choose to reject it's attitudes, The very fact that you were praying about this signifies that the Holy Spirit is there drawing, leading and empowering you to overcome this,
You are in my prayer my friend.

:thumbs_up I couldn't agree with you more!!