• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Japan Earthquake + Tsunami

earthquake in Japan

Hello- my son is in Japan right now and says devastation is great-worse than we see on news- i pray for Him and his family there (my daughter-in-law and granddaughter)
I ask God for protection for them and the residents of Japan and surrounding areas from future damage and to pray for those missing to be found, asking for help in the name of His son, Jesus Christ. Amen-jn

Saw the footage on our local TV News last night. It was amazing, how many kilometers did that go inland. All the debris. Devastating.

Being Australian I have studied & worked with many Japanese people over the years I have some Japanese friends and my neighbour is part Japanese. My heart goes out to the people of Japan.

I am praying for the and will keep them in my prayers.

I have had Christian friends who have been missionaries over to Japan over the years. I am hoping that God is enabling the Christians over there to have more of an impact with the Gospel message in these End Days before the Tribulation.

Lord I pray for all who have been caught up in this, have mercy on them and their families who may be safe elsewhere, praying for you comfort of those waiting to hear from loved ones in the region hit by the Tsunami and Earthquake, praying for those hurt and waiting for rescue please sustain them. In Jesus Name Amen

Lord God Almighty, we ask for your supernatural intervention in Japan, we ask that your Light may shine for all to see, let the people seek You and come to know that You Alone are the only true God.

Active
I to feel very sad,for all of those people in and around Japan. The next threat is far worse then the present.( power plants)

I am praying for them,but I am seeing a much greater problem in the months to come for them.( gen18:20-33!!! then Chapter 19) You all know me well enough to know,I would NEVER!! EVER!! want or hope for something bad upon these people!!

Let them turn aside from the wickedness of Budda,let them turn to our Almighty God,and become rescued! I pray our great and merciful God provide the way of escape to his people there,and that through this aweful turn of events many will come to Jesus,and be saved!( 1 Cor 10:13) ( Psalm 119:114-117)

This scripture from Psalms just keeps repeating onto me daily for them!! I love them,let them love wisdom,and turn back to the only ONE true God!And let us here in the United States wake!! from our sleep!( rom 13:11) This is not just a bad event,there is a purpose to all things that happen not just to us,but to others as well,Lord we humbly bow before thee,let thy grace and mercy sustain these people,and let us learn in our own lives what love of Jesus and others truly is!! amen!

Praying for those people

Saying prayers for all in Japan. I pray that they turn from their gods to the Lord Jesus and his help.

Yes Lord Jesus, please be with those in the midst of this calamity, and let them find their hope in you. Protect the shores of those nations who are positioned 'within range' of quakes and other disasters, including the America's, the South Pacific, and Asia. We know there is no greater power than you Lord.

Lord God Almighty, we ask for your supernatural intervention in Japan, we ask that your Light may shine for all to see, let the people seek You and come to know that You Alone are the only true God.
We do need something as great as our God now...mere men are going to have a struggle dealing with this disaster and the ones to come in the future.

Let the Lord's Kingdom come...His will be done ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN.

Lord Jesus, please help and comfort all those poor people in Japan. Please lead them to You,so that they will turn from their idols and false gods.
:love:

Jesus cannot cease or stop the tsunami as a result of the earthquake, for this would make void his prophetic word from his Father, Jehovah God. After Jesus had prophesied the destruction of temple in Jerusalem while sitting on the Mount of Olives, his disciples asked him: "Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence ("presence", Greek pa·rou·si´a, not "coming", as at Matt. 24:30, with the Greek word being er·kho´me·non, lemma or base word erchomai) and of the conclusion of the system of things ?”(Matt 24:3)

Jesus gave features of the "sign of (his invisible) presence" that shows that we are personally living during it. He said that "nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another."(Matt 24:7) He further said that ' nation against nation and kingdom against kingdom, food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another ' would only be the "beginning of pangs of distress".(Matt 24:8) Thus, with the outbreak of global war in 1914 with World War I, began a period of great troubles that has only accelerated down to the 21st century.

One of these features that would identify his invisible "presence" or "the conclusion of the system of things"("end of the world", King James Bible), would be "earthquakes". The physician Luke records Jesus as saying "great earthquakes."(Luke 21:11)

Hence, the number and the intensity of the earthquakes are going to increase. The one that hit Japan on March 11, 2011, at 2:46 PM Tokyo time with a magnitude of 9.0, and resulted in a devastating 33 foot high tsunami 30 minutes later, are just one of many that has happened in the last year, such as the one on January 12, 2010, that literally destroyed Port-au-Prince, Haiti, with a magnitude 7.0, a death toll of 222,517 and wounded 310,900, with 1 million homeless. No tsunami resulted, due to it's being under a land mass just below Port-au-Prince, along a fault zone.

Or on February 26, 2010, the Ryukyu Islands, south of Japan, had a magnitude 7.0 earthquake, though no one died. The following day, on February 27, 2010, off the coast in Maule, Chile, a magnitude 8.8 earthquaked occurred, with the death toll 802. Or on April 4, 2010, northwest Mexico's Baja California, a 7.2 magnitude earthquake, death toll: none, 2,140 injured. Or on April 7, 2010, off of northern Sumatra, Indonesia, a magnitude 7.7 earthquake, with only six injured. No tsunami.

Or on April 13, 2010, in Qinghai province, China, a magnitude 6.9 earthquake, with death toll more than 1, 944, those wounded 12, 315 as of April 19, 2010. Or on September 4, 2010, Southern New Zealand (Christchurch), a magnitude 7.1 earthquake, and the recent 6.3 magnitude earthquake that struck Christchurch again on February 22, 2011.

What Jesus said should be of great importance to true Christians, for this identifies that we are living deep into the "time of the end" or "last days". The events that Jesus said that would identify his invisible "presence" (Matt 24:4-14) will only gain momentum, with the last feature that he mentioned was that "this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come."(Matt 24:14)

Hence, this global preaching and teaching work of God's kingdom will be completed before "the end" comes by his true disciples. True Christians are busy making known the "good news of the kingdom" throughout the earth, and following Jesus command to "keep on the watch" for his "coming" (Matt 24:42) to destroy this wicked system of things at Armageddon (Rev 16:14-16) and usher in his "thousand year reign" (Rev 20:6) for the purpose of transforming this earth into a paradise.(Luke 23:43; Matt 5:5)

The earthquake that struck northeastern Japan is 5th strongest earthquake since 1900. Even true Christians are not immune to the devastation or death that comes as a result of an earthquake. Jesus told Martha just before resurrecting her brother Lazarus: "I am the resurrection and the life. He that exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life."(John 11:25) More earthquakes can be expected and maybe more severe.

Last edited:
Keep focused on Jesus

Dear Lord Jesus. Please comfort the people of Japan. For those who lost family and friends please hold them in your arms and give them strength and piece.

We do not know the reason for this all, but we do know that You are almost on your way and we trust in You Lord Jesus. You are our only hope to an eternal life. This world is nothing. I pray that the people all over the world that experience difficult times to keep their eyes focused on YOU.

Amen

Jesus cannot cease or stop the tsunami as a result of the earthquake, for this would make void his prophetic word from his Father, Jehovah God. After Jesus had prophesied the destruction of temple in Jerusalem while sitting on the Mount of Olives, his disciples asked him: "Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence ("presence", Greek pa·rou·si´a, not "coming", as at Matt. 24:30, with the Greek word being er·kho´me·non, lemma or base word erchomai) and of the conclusion of the system of things ?”(Matt 24:3)

Jesus gave features of the "sign of (his invisible) presence" that shows that we are personally living during it. He said that "nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another."(Matt 24:7) He further said that ' nation against nation and kingdom against kingdom, food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another ' would only be the "beginning of pangs of distress".(Matt 24:8) Thus, with the outbreak of global war in 1914 with World War I, began a period of great troubles that has only accelerated down to the 21st century.

One of these features that would identify his invisible "presence" or "the conclusion of the system of things"("end of the world", King James Bible), would be "earthquakes". The physician Luke records Jesus as saying "great earthquakes."(Luke 21:11)

Hence, the number and the intensity of the earthquakes are going to increase. The one that hit Japan on March 11, 2011, at 2:46 PM Tokyo time with a magnitude of 9.0, and resulted in a devastating 33 foot high tsunami 30 minutes later, are just one of many that has happened in the last year, such as the one on January 12, 2010, that literally destroyed Port-au-Prince, Haiti, with a magnitude 7.0, a death toll of 222,517 and wounded 310,900, with 1 million homeless. No tsunami resulted, due to it's being under a land mass just below Port-au-Prince, along a fault zone.

Or on February 26, 2010, the Ryukyu Islands, south of Japan, had a magnitude 7.0 earthquake, though no one died. The following day, on February 27, 2010, off the coast in Maule, Chile, a magnitude 8.8 earthquaked occurred, with the death toll 802. Or on April 4, 2010, northwest Mexico's Baja California, a 7.2 magnitude earthquake, death toll: none, 2,140 injured. Or on April 7, 2010, off of northern Sumatra, Indonesia, a magnitude 7.7 earthquake, with only six injured. No tsunami.

Or on April 13, 2010, in Qinghai province, China, a magnitude 6.9 earthquake, with death toll more than 1, 944, those wounded 12, 315 as of April 19, 2010. Or on September 4, 2010, Southern New Zealand (Christchurch), a magnitude 7.1 earthquake, and the recent 6.3 magnitude earthquake that struck Christchurch again on February 22, 2011.

What Jesus said should be of great importance to true Christians, for this identifies that we are living deep into the "time of the end" or "last days". The events that Jesus said that would identify his invisible "presence" (Matt 24:4-14) will only gain momentum, with the last feature that he mentioned was that "this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come."(Matt 24:14)

Hence, this global preaching and teaching work of God's kingdom will be completed before "the end" comes by his true disciples. True Christians are busy making known the "good news of the kingdom" throughout the earth, and following Jesus command to "keep on the watch" for his "coming" (Matt 24:42) to destroy this wicked system of things at Armageddon (Rev 16:14-16) and usher in his "thousand year reign" (Rev 20:6) for the purpose of transforming this earth into a paradise.(Luke 23:43; Matt 5:5)

The earthquake that struck northeastern Japan is 5th strongest earthquake since 1900. Even true Christians are not immune to the devastation or death that comes as a result of an earthquake. Jesus told Martha just before resurrecting her brother Lazarus: "I am the resurrection and the life. He that exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life."(John 11:25) More earthquakes can be expected and maybe more severe.

What you couldn't offer any kind of prayer for the Japanese people?

Are you so legalistic, playing the Pharisees game of "I'm so Righteous" and I really know the scriptures?

What did Jesus call the Pharisees?

MT 23:27 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean. 28 In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

You could have prayed for the salvation of the Japanese people? That is not praying against God's prophecy.

This was a thread started for the specific purpose of prayer. Instead you have decided to play the legalist.

Your great explaination was not necessary nor required.

The people of Japan need prayers and for people to reach them with the Gospel.

Fair enough there is a place to debate theological topics. This certainly was not the place nor the time. Instead of turning everything into a debate there are times as Christians where it is more appropriate to be sensitive and compassionate and self-controlled.

If this was a prayer group your comments would have been totally out of place. This is a prayer request thread and it would have been better not to have made your opinion here but maybe to have started a separate thread (in the correct sub-forum) to have made your point.

Last edited:

Are you so legalistic, playing the Pharisees game of "I'm so Righteous" and I really know the scriptures?

MT 23:27 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean. 28 In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

You could have prayed for the salvation of the Japanese people? That is not praying against God's prophecy.

This was a thread started for the specific purpose of prayer. Instead you have decided to play the legalist.

Fair enough there is a place to debate theological topics. This certainly was not the place nor the time. Instead of turning everything into a debate there are times as Christians where it is more appropriate to be sensitive and compassionate and self-controlled.

If this was a prayer group your comments would have been totally out of place. This is a prayer request thread and it would have been better not to have made your opinion here but maybe to have started a separate thread (in the correct sub-forum) to have made your point.

Hm... I think praying against a natural disaster isn't wrong, I mean they need all the help they can get, and the reactors. I don't think this is a sign of the end times either. Just God is mad at someone.

Hm... I think praying against a natural disaster isn't wrong, I mean they need all the help they can get, and the reactors. I don't think this is a sign of the end times either. Just God is mad at someone.

I agree with you Mr Handy.

Jaareeshiah was technically correct in that we can't pray against God's Prophecies being fulfilled.

Personally I believe we can pray for God to be Merciful regardless.

However, this is a prayer request thread and I really want to put the focus back on to it's orginal purpose.

Please people if you come to a Prayer request Thread can we try not to detract too much from it's original purpose. We can discuss things that come up in other forums on the board.

My apologies Chad.

Continuing to Pray for God's mercy and grace for the Japanese people and all foreigners who are also there. Praying for all that has to be fulfilled to be done quickly so that lives may be Saved. In Jesus Name Amen.

Matthew 24:22 If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. 23 At that time if anyone says to you, `Look, here is the Christ!' or, `There he is!' do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.

Last edited:
I agree with you Mr Handy.

Jaareeshiah was technically correct in that we can't pray against God's Prophecies being fulfilled.

Personally I believe we can pray for God to be Merciful regardless.

However, this is a prayer request thread and I really want to put the focus back on to it's orginal purpose.

Please people if you come to a Prayer request Thread can we try not to detract too much from it's original purpose. We can discuss things that come up in other forums on the board.

My apologies Chad.

Continuing to Pray for God's mercy and grace for the Japanese people and all foreigners who are also there. Praying for all that has to be fulfilled to be done quickly so that lives may be Saved. In Jesus Name Amen.
Oh yes, thank you for agreeing with me. What happened isn't good, and we can only pray for them. :)

My family and myself have prayed several times for those who have lost their lives in this tragic disaster. Our hearts shall be with them

Jesus taught his disciples to pray for God's will to be done on the earth, as in heaven.(Matt 6:9, 10) This "will" involves making known "the good news of the kingdom", which educates individuals that earthquakes are part of the features of Jesus invisible "presence". Prayer in this regard is appropriate, that these ones come to know and understand that God is not the cause of earthquakes, but that "great earthquakes" (Luke 21:10,11) are evidence of Jesus enthronement into kingdom power (Rev 6:2-4) and a critical time period that we are personally living in Jesus (invisible) "presence", or the "last days".(2 Pet 3: 3, 4)

Have the churches given even an inkling of the real meaning of all the events that are happening, such as the 9.0 earthquake in northeastern Japan ? I can say for a certainty no. Jesus used a specific Greek word sy·ni´e·mi (lemma, G4920) that literally means "to mentally put the pieces together" regarding the kingdom six times at Matthew 13.(Matt 13:13, 14, 15, 19, 23, 51) The churches have failed to ' piece together ' the features that Jesus gave at Matthew 24 about his invisible "presence" and the kingdom that involves earthquakes.(Matt 24:4-14)

Though some feel that we are living in the "last days", these have not been taught by the churches nor studied of their own accord in order to explain it. These cannot tie all the different features that Jesus gave into a single heading of Jesus "promised presence" that the apostle Peter spoke of.at 2 Peter 3:3, 4, saying: "For you know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his ? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.”

Jesus said that the features that he outlined at Matthew 24 (also Mark 13 and Luke 21), would lead up to "the end" of this wicked "system of things."(Matt 24:14) Are you personally engaged in telling individuals about Jesus invisible "presence", that he has been enthroned in kingdom power ?(Rev 6:2) Have you "put the pieces together" to understand why things are happening ?

It is right to pray for the well-being of the Japanese, but especially to gain "accurate knowledge", for the apostle Paul wrote to the Philippians: "And this is what I continue praying, that your love may abound yet more and more with accurate knowledge and full discernment; that you may make sure of the more important things, so that you may be flawless and not be stumbling others up to the day of Christ, and may be filled with righteous fruit, which is through Jesus Christ, to God’s glory and praise."(Phil 1:9-11)

Paul prayed for the Philippians who were doing God's will, that their "love may abound yet more and more with accurate knowledge and full discernment." Paul had went to Macedonia for the purpose of making known the "good news of the kingdom" and as a result, some of the city of Philippi had accepted the "truth", such as Lydia.(Acts 16:14, 15)

The country of Japan is in dire straits after the earthquake and devastating tsunami. What would Jesus do if he were on the earth again ? He showed genuine love, but was not known as a "miracle worker", rather as "teacher".(Matt 8:19, 9:11) At Luke 13, there were two incidents where loss of life occurred, one in which Pontius Pilate killed some Jews because thousands of Jews protested his use of money from the temple treasury to build an aqueduct to bring water into Jerusalem.(Luke 13:1) Or of another local tragedy, that may have been associated with the aqueduct construction, whereby 18 people died when the tower of Siloam fell on them.

How did Jesus respond to these two tragedies ? He said: "Do you imagine that these Gal·i·le´ans were proved worse sinners than all other Gal·i·le´ans because they have suffered these things? No, indeed, I tell you; but, unless you repent, you will all likewise be destroyed. Or those eighteen upon whom the tower in Si·lo´am fell, thereby killing them, do you imagine that they were proved greater debtors than all other men inhabiting Jerusalem? No, indeed, I tell you; but, unless you repent, you will all be destroyed in the same way.”(Luke 13:2-5)

Jesus taught people the "truth" about God's kingdom, saying that even some of the individuals were considered "greater debtors" upon which the tower of Siloam fell or perhaps good in God's eyes, were still not pleasing to God, but needed "to repent." It is proper to pray that the Japanese (and I might add that my wife is Japanese) gain "accurate knowledge and full discernment", for the apostle Paul wrote that God's "will is that all sorts of men should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth."(1 Tim 2:4) This is all that will be said by me on this.

Last edited: