• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

It's not in the bible??

Loyal
Mat 7:12Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.

The Holy Spirit will remind you of this.

Loyal
Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The Holy Spirit can not remind you of what Jesus (the Word) has NOT already said to you.

Loyal
Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The Holy Spirit can not remind you of what Jesus (the Word) has NOT already said to you.
You are failing to realize that ALL of Jesus's words are God's word. You only have the words recorded, that simple.

Greetings; it is written, He will give you new sayings, to go with the old, that the written Word supports.

Many are plugged in, but they are not being charged.
(Many are called, but few are chosen.)
One must be born of the Holy Ghost and power (fire) to be getting charged, many say they are, but are not. We know them by their fruits.

If you will revolve your life around Christ, your very being, He will revolve around your life and become your very being.
(As I live, move, and breath, have my very being, I do so unto God.)
We can have as much, or as little as we want; it's our choice. The more time we give Him; humble and earnest heart seeking His kingdom, the more He blesses His true seeker.

Bless God first, by blessing others.
(Jesus' commandments, as well as, do all things unto God.)
By doing the latter, puts God first, and ourselves last; doing all things unto God.

These are only a couple examples of new sayings He has given me, that written scripture supports them, if one can rightly divide the Word of truth.

Active
Just as Jesus said, we shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.
He spoke to only those within the written text?
I tell you NO, He continues to speak to some still today. The written text will back up what He speaks.

This is a good place for my Signature:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Noone on Earth brings new revelation, that isn't already revealed through the Word of God (Jesus Christ), which is fullest revelation given to man. Through the moving and operation of the Holy Ghost, I Pray what we say here (with Scriptural backing) brings the truth of these Revelations, truth by truth, or precept upon precept, to the heart of the hearer. Lay what we say before the feet of Jesus (Word of God) and compare, the Bible is Always truth, so if they don't match, we need to reevaluate our stance. What we say or do here will have lasting impact upon the believer and sinner alike. We most certainly have freedom of speech, but any true christian will weigh what they say against the Word of God and if they don't agree God is not in error, and we need to pray for understanding. Those that have more meat of the Word can help those who are struggling, if done with humility, peace and love. I don't mind a peaceful debate, but when we start to argue amongst each other that is not the Spirit of God. God Bless and Peace to you all. (This signature is in general and not pointing fingers at anyone at anytime. God Bless.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------For the General Audience. We have so much error rampant throughout this forum. Hopefully every believer listens.------------

Believers have a responsibility to point out error and guide others towards truth as part of their commitment to love, truth, and the spiritual well-being of the community. This responsibility is rooted in the broader biblical commands to love one's neighbor, to pursue righteousness, and to be agents of reconciliation and truth in the world. Several passages throughout the New Testament underscore this aspect of Christian duty: (We are called to love one another even when we disagree. Perhaps we can take a step back and approach ALL conversation with a spirit of humility and respect. While we may have different interpretations (The Word of God is the only true Interpretation), it's important to remember that God calls us to unity and love. Let's focus on those shared values in ALL discussions.)

Galatians 6:1 (NKJV):
"Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted." This verse emphasizes the responsibility of believers to help restore those who have fallen into sin. The approach should be characterized by gentleness and self-awareness, highlighting the importance of humility and care in correcting others.

Matthew 18:15-17 (NKJV): "Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’ And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector." Here, Jesus provides a process for addressing sin within the community, emphasizing the importance of private correction and the goal of reconciliation. It shows a structured approach to pointing out error, with the ultimate aim of restoration.

2 Timothy 4:2 (NKJV): "Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching." Paul instructs Timothy—and by extension, all believers—to be diligent in teaching the truth of God's Word, which includes correcting errors and encouraging right living. This exhortation underscores the role of Scripture in guiding the process of correction and the need for patience and dedication in this task.

James 5:19-20 (NKJV): "Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins." James highlights the life-saving impact of correcting error and guiding someone back to the truth. It presents the act of pointing out error as an expression of care and concern for the spiritual state of others.

with meekness and fear: The manner in which believers are to defend their faith is critically important. "Meekness" suggests gentleness and humility, indicating that our defense should not be aggressive or confrontational but characterized by the humility that comes from understanding that our faith is a gift from God. "Fear" in this context refers to a deep respect or reverence for God, reminding believers that their ultimate accountability is to Him. This respectful approach ensures that the conversation about faith honors God and respects the dignity of the person asking.

These passages collectively illustrate that believers are indeed called to lovingly and carefully address error within the community, always aiming for the restoration and spiritual health of the individual. This responsibility is carried out within the context of a commitment to truth, love, humility, and the ultimate goal of salvation. It's important that such correction is done in a spirit of gentleness, respect, and love, reflecting the character of Christ.

Active
Christ spoke a message...
To some, He spoke like an angel.
To others, He sounded like the devil.
Same message; but different hearts.

Active
@Dave M
Everything IS in the Bible though pagans and the lost tend to not know how to read and understand it.
Ex:
God set the human standard with Adam and Eve. God first. One man to one woman. Heterosexuality.
Therefore, anything NOT that is wrong, abnormal, and sin.
Alphabet people's sins.....all of it.
The Moral Law is a minimum of what is expected of us.
Moral Law can ONLY come from God; an objective, immortal, always existed/existing, all powerful, all present, and all knowing God.
If God didn't exist then morals are just opinion.

Active
The idea of something IS in the Bible.
The Trinity in word isn't but God IS a trinitarian being.
The Rapture by wording is not but the event IS.
God set the human standard with Adam and Eve so Alphabet people and their sins are sins without having to spell it out for those so hardened and who can't argue with anything.

Matthew 24: 21-22
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time(this current time), no, nor ever shall be.

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Isaiah 26:20-21
20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment (seven years), until the indignation be overpast.

21 For, behold, the Lord cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity:
the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

Romans 2:6-11
6 GOD will render to every MAN according to his deeds:

7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

11 For there is no respect of persons with GOD.

Revelation 11:15 and 18

15 ... The kingdoms OF THIS WORLD are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

18 And the nations were(will be)angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be Judged(Daniel 12:2. Take a look), and that thou should give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and should destroy them which destroy the earth.

Get ready

The idea of something IS in the Bible.
The Trinity in word isn't but God IS a trinitarian being.
The Rapture by wording is not but the event IS.
God set the human standard with Adam and Eve so Alphabet people and their sins are sins without having to spell it out for those so hardened and who can't argue with anything.
I wonder has His word been written on our heart as we were born again? .?? Is what we read & hear ‘ A confirming Word’??

I wonder has His word been written on our heart as we were born again? .?? Is what we read & hear ‘ A confirming Word’??
The Word of GOD is from everlasting to everlasting, the Word is GOD, GOD Himself, self-executing. If the believers(each one) keep GOD's Word in the heart, it means GOD is in him, and he has Life because GOD is Life. JESUS said: John 5:39-40:-> 39 Search the Scriptures; for in them ye think ye have ETERNAL life(the Word is GOD, God is Life):and they are they which testify of me-JESUS.40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life?JESUS said: John 11: 26: Whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? Philippians 3:20-21:-> 20 Our conversation is in heaven(heaven?Ephesians 1:3-8); from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: 21 Who shall CHANGE our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body(this is not a magic, it is worked, understand), according to the working whereby He-JESUS- is able even to subdue all things unto himself. (as Luke 20:35-36. Take a look) .

Furthermore they have Light. John 1:4 In him-JESUS-was Life; and the Life was the Light of men. 1John 1:5-7: -> 5 ... GOD is Light, and in Him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the Truth: 7 But if we walk in the Light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.

1Corinthians 12:4-11
4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as He will.

1Corinthians 15:51-54
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

GOD BLESS

The Word is GOD, GOD Himself, self-executing. (But remember: He never will command stones be made bread).

Active
I think it is from before Birth.
However, many children included have chose to ignore It and Him.
It is a parent's DUTY to prepare their children for life without them. This world is far more evil and dangerous than many realize.
If they do not and do NOT teach Right from Wrong; Good vs Evil from God the Moral Superior they have FAILED as a parent.
Too many do not mention or talk about the Age of Reason. We know babies and young children simply aren't mature or intelligent enough and it takes time for the latter to learn the Truth.

Active
If scripture has everything we need for everybody, then why did Jesus send the Holy Spirit to guide us? That would be sorta useless unless we "needed" that guidance in addition to His Holy word. The jews had God's Holy Word, and the bulk of the jews, especially the teachers of the law, rejected him and his teachings. See any similarities?

We need to pick our words very carefully when explaining this.

The Holy Spirit is here to help us / lead us into all truth. He will not at anytime teach or show us something that conflicts with scripture.

Rev 22:19 is a harsh warning for all mankind and angels. Anyone who adds or removes from scripture will receive all the curses mentioned therein and lose their seat in heaven.

Before Rev 22:19 was penned, you could raise your argument. God ordained its inclusion at the time it was recorded as He was satisfied with what was in scripture.

Last edited:
Active
My question to You @Brad Huber @Bill @Christ4Ever and anyone else who says not everything is in scripture, can you expand on that?? not sure what you mean, as I have said everything Jesus did is not found in scripture, everything that will come when we finish this age is not found in scripture but............maybe this question will help to see if we are on the same page or not

Scripture contains everything we need to know. We need to be 'terrified' of adding or taking away from it. The most terrifying scripture in the entire bible is a warning to those who do that Rev 22:19.

This is actually a 'massive' bible study topic. One needs to grasp for example the fact that scripture, after Paul's revelation, is complete. There is no need for a Daniel to prophecy, or a John to get a revelation of the end times. It has all been done and recorded. This is why scripture can and does close with Rev 22:19.

Having said that. Scripture does mention in Joel 2:28-32 that the young will see visions and the old dream dreams. This is the only 'grey' area I see. I had a dream of a pastor that helped our family. I dreamt he arrived in heaven. Jesus was waiting for him to greet all his relatives. Once he was done, Jesus grabbed him away, hugged him, showed him his mansion and spoke and spoke with him. The next morning we received a call from his one family member saying that he had passed that night. This was therefore 100% a dream from God. This dream edified me and those I told. It spoke to God's love for us, His eagerness to meet us. This dream is not in scripture. But does it have to be? Nothing in the dream went against scripture. If you study scripture properly and gain a good understanding of God, you will agree that this dream sounds like something one can expect.

Now there are many visions and dreams that are in complete opposition to scripture. We have a highly intelligent mind. Our mind can recognize 28 000 different facial expressions. (Our face can pull that many :)). This means our minds can gather an insane amount of information from many sources and use it to dream dreams and see visions. Most sources are not Godly. We do need to be ''terrified'' if we ever teach as 'gospel' a dream or vision we had that clearly defies scripture. If a single scripture can debunk a dream, the dream is debunked.

But as Christians, when we hear of a dream or vision that is truly from God, we witness with it and praise God for the revelation.

We serve a God that is so great and powerful. One that loves us so much. He is eagerly awaiting us in heaven. It is very possible for true Christians, those that really love Him to see visions and dream dreams that give further insight into God's greatness, love and holiness.

Active
------------For the General Audience. We have so much error rampant throughout this forum. Hopefully every believer listens.------------

Believers have a responsibility to point out error and guide others towards truth as part of their commitment to love, truth, and the spiritual well-being of the community. This responsibility is rooted in the broader biblical commands to love one's neighbor, to pursue righteousness, and to be agents of reconciliation and truth in the world. Several passages throughout the New Testament underscore this aspect of Christian duty: (We are called to love one another even when we disagree. Perhaps we can take a step back and approach ALL conversation with a spirit of humility and respect. While we may have different interpretations (The Word of God is the only true Interpretation), it's important to remember that God calls us to unity and love. Let's focus on those shared values in ALL discussions.)

Galatians 6:1 (NKJV):
"Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted." This verse emphasizes the responsibility of believers to help restore those who have fallen into sin. The approach should be characterized by gentleness and self-awareness, highlighting the importance of humility and care in correcting others.

Matthew 18:15-17 (NKJV): "Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’ And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector." Here, Jesus provides a process for addressing sin within the community, emphasizing the importance of private correction and the goal of reconciliation. It shows a structured approach to pointing out error, with the ultimate aim of restoration.

2 Timothy 4:2 (NKJV): "Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching." Paul instructs Timothy—and by extension, all believers—to be diligent in teaching the truth of God's Word, which includes correcting errors and encouraging right living. This exhortation underscores the role of Scripture in guiding the process of correction and the need for patience and dedication in this task.

James 5:19-20 (NKJV): "Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins." James highlights the life-saving impact of correcting error and guiding someone back to the truth. It presents the act of pointing out error as an expression of care and concern for the spiritual state of others.

with meekness and fear: The manner in which believers are to defend their faith is critically important. "Meekness" suggests gentleness and humility, indicating that our defense should not be aggressive or confrontational but characterized by the humility that comes from understanding that our faith is a gift from God. "Fear" in this context refers to a deep respect or reverence for God, reminding believers that their ultimate accountability is to Him. This respectful approach ensures that the conversation about faith honors God and respects the dignity of the person asking.

These passages collectively illustrate that believers are indeed called to lovingly and carefully address error within the community, always aiming for the restoration and spiritual health of the individual. This responsibility is carried out within the context of a commitment to truth, love, humility, and the ultimate goal of salvation. It's important that such correction is done in a spirit of gentleness, respect, and love, reflecting the character of Christ.

Such a nice post, thanks for posting :).