• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

It's Not Good To Be Alone

Administrator
Staff Member
It’s not good to be alone. God says this right at the very beginning – don’t try to do this life on your own. We need other people as we go through this life, people who can help us stay on track, who can encourage us when we need it and who we can encourage when they need it. People to give us advice, to give us joy, to give us correction.

Do you have someone like that in your life? Someone that you can open up to, and who feels the same way about you? Someone who does more than just like the occasional post on Facebook, but instead just likes you? Not a spouse or a boyfriend/girlfriend; just a person, someone much like you, who is committed to holding you accountable and who expects the same from you. Do you? This is the kind of person – or people – we need to have in our lives. If you have someone like that, then cherish them and seek to go even deeper in your openness with them. If not, that’s okay! They’ll come along sooner or later.

Prayer: Lord, I thank You that you designed me to need other people. I believe that You wouldn’t create that need and then withhold meeting it; so I thank You for helping me to become the kind of person that someone else needs. I pray You will give me the strength to get open with someone and to stay that way. Amen.

Genesis 2:18
And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him

Devotional by XXX Church

Loyal
It’s not good to be alone. God says this right at the very beginning – don’t try to do this life on your own. We need other people as we go through this life, people who can help us stay on track, who can encourage us when we need it and who we can encourage when they need it. People to give us advice, to give us joy, to give us correction.

Do you have someone like that in your life? Someone that you can open up to, and who feels the same way about you? Someone who does more than just like the occasional post on Facebook, but instead just likes you? Not a spouse or a boyfriend/girlfriend; just a person, someone much like you, who is committed to holding you accountable and who expects the same from you. Do you? This is the kind of person – or people – we need to have in our lives. If you have someone like that, then cherish them and seek to go even deeper in your openness with them. If not, that’s okay! They’ll come along sooner or later.

Prayer: Lord, I thank You that you designed me to need other people. I believe that You wouldn’t create that need and then withhold meeting it; so I thank You for helping me to become the kind of person that someone else needs. I pray You will give me the strength to get open with someone and to stay that way. Amen.

Genesis 2:18
And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him

Devotional by XXX Church
Did you notice that God by creating all the animals was in search of the perfect "mate" for Adam?

Gen 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
Gen 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
Gen 2:20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

Finding none, the lord made "woman" out of man who would be made after his (Adam) likeness, and after his image. Two beings can not have true intimate fellowship with each other unless they are of the same kind, and likeness.

If it was not good for Adam to be "alone" it is also not good for God to be alone!!!! God can NOT have true fellowship with angels because they are not of his kind, or of his image, but man is!!! Born again by the incorruptible "SEED" of the Word of God that produces after it's own kind, and likeness!!! We were created to have true intimate fellowship with God through out all eternity!!!