• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

it is more blessed to give then receives appears no where in bible

Loyal
"it is more blessed to give then receive" appears no where in bible, other then where Paul Quotes Jesus. I find that interesting since Paul never met Jesus and that verse seems very popular, yet we never once in the Bible here Jesus himself say it. Just thought it was cool and I would share, obviously Jesus said it or revealed it to Paul in someway, I wonder if Jesus himself revealed it to Paul or If someone like Luke who was with Paul told him that Jesus said that.

Either way words to live by. Praise Jesus

Acts 20:35
In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’

Loyal
Act 20:35 I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Even though we do not have any text in the Gospels that show us Jesus saying this, we do know that not all of what Jesus said or did are written down as scripture.

Joh 20:30 Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book;
Joh 20:31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

If all that we have written in the Bible are what the Apostles wrote, and if we know NOT all things were written down, then we must believe if Paul said Jesus said this, then it is true that Jesus did say it..

Remember, the Gospel that Paul preached did not come from man, nor was he taught it by man, but came as a "direct" "revelation" from Jesus him self.

Gal 1:11 For I would have you know, brothers, that the gospel that was preached by me is not man's gospel.
Gal 1:12 For I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.