• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

It has been a little over two years since we did this together: Let us on “Talk Jesus” read at the same time “The Book of Revelations” 3/2020

if approve yes

• yes vote

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • no vote

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Active
Ok, "Garee" you just do not understand what "Complete" is trying to tell you. And maybe because you do not understand, You did not read the "Introduction" of the Beginning of This Thread, The beginning Posts" of "The Revelation Trail" This is not a Study and we do not want to do A STUDY here. WE are Only doing A READ and A READ ONLY!

No STUDY, But if you want to Do A STUDY of Revelation do so.
For you are up setting this "The Read".:pensive:

Maybe you just did not understand The Purpose of "The Revelation Trail"

But open one up "A Study of The Book of REVELATION" Thread " by, "GAREE"
People "we" would be glad to come in. Into your "THREAD". and discuss a study.

PloughBoy

I am simply offering another kind of understanding called parables .the signified hiden understanding which without Christ spoke not .

In that way the the Amil no literal thousand years position works the best in reconciling the metaphors (the temporal thing things seen ) .

I am not trying to destroy the idea of "The Revelation Trail" but rather establish the light unto our feet or lamp unto the path . It is clearly signified not a literal light.

Without parable the signified understanding Christ spoke not. Hiding the spiritual unseen gosle understanding from the lost . No light on the literal trail .

Loyal
I am not trying to destroy the study. I am simply offering my signified understanding that uses the literal temporal things seen to give us the unseen spiritual understanding.

The literal does not stand alone. The amil signified position is one of many understandings. It works the best as signified the language of parables. It seemed to be widely used during the time of reformation. Both the first century and the fifteenth.

KJ 21:1The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto Him to show unto His servants things which must shortly come to pass. And He sent and signified it by His angel unto His servant John,

It does not say. . The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto Him to show unto His servants things which must shortly come to pass. He sent by His angel unto His servant John,. . . .(therefore leaving out the signified).

EHV Revelation 1;1The revelation from Jesus Christ that God gave him to show his servants the things that must soon take place. Christ expressed this revelation by means of symbols sent through his angel to his servant John.

VOICE Revelation 1;1 This is the revelation of Jesus the Anointed, the Liberating King: an account of visions and a heavenly journey. God granted this to Him so He would show His followers the realities that are already breaking into the world and soon will be fulfilled. Through His heavenly messenger, He revealed to His servant John signs and insight into these mysteries.
Hello @Garee,

@PloughBoy is right, and his idea of a new thread where discussion can take place is a good one.

Thank you for your replies though. :)
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal
I am simply offering another kind of understanding called parables .the signified hiden understanding which without Christ spoke not .

In that way the the Amil no literal thousand years position works the best in reconciling the metaphors (the temporal thing things seen ) .

I am not trying to destroy the idea of "The Revelation Trail" but rather establish the light unto our feet or lamp unto the path . It is clearly signified not a literal light.

Without parable the signified understanding Christ spoke not. Hiding the spiritual unseen gosle understanding from the lost . No light on the literal trail .

Sir, But you are not the Author of This Thread, This Thread was not blindly created, It has a purpose and stated it in a "orderly way" but know it's purpose does not fit you or your Criterion in the direction it should go in? :sob:

Your partial quote:
"I am not trying to destroy the idea of "The Revelation Trail" but rather establish the light unto our feet or lamp unto the path .":sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: useless to explain.

They are many kinds of vessels and sir, you fit in Too!:sob:

Active
Sir, But you are not the Author of This Thread, This Thread was not blindly created, It has a purpose and stated it in a "orderly way" but know it's purpose does not fit you or your Criterion in the direction it should go in? :sob:

Your partial quote:
"I am not trying to destroy the idea of "The Revelation Trail" but rather establish the light unto our feet or lamp unto the path .":sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: useless to explain.

They are many kinds of vessels and sir, you fit in Too!:sob:
I would think the glory trail goes in the signified direction of a parable. Not the literal thousand years .

What is it that is useless to explain ?

Loyal
I would think the glory trail goes in the signified direction of a parable. Not the literal thousand years .

What is it that is useless to explain ?
What is a "glory trail" is it something you made up and gave it a name. You should start a thread up and school us. I heard about "GLORY HOLES" in The Northwest."

Loyal
11.12.2022 (UK calendar)

Hello fellow trail-walkers,

The sky is full of snow-laden clouds here in Wales, and so although only 11,00am, I have a lamp in order to read, as I sit here at the dining table with a mug of tea beside me, and a woolly cardigan and scarf to keep me warm. The air has that stillness that only snow fall can produce, and it is so vey quiet. The stillness is echoed in my spirit too. I am grateful to God, Who made the heavens and the earth, and all things within it, that He gave me life, and that He has also quickened me by His Spirit, in Christ Jesus, that no matter what happens without, inside my spirit there is life and peace.

Like some of you, I am in my seventies, born in the year that Israel officially became a nation again. What a glorious year to be born, with a marker to mark the year, with so much significance.. My eyes were opened to God's saving grace, in Christ Jesus, in 1960, and His work of salvation within me dawned upon my consciousness., the word of God took root within and began to grow. Praise God! I am His workmanship, and the work that He has begun in me, He will continue to do until the day of Christ.

May my thoughts find their echo in your own heart this day, to the praise of His glory and grace.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal
'And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven,
.. having the everlasting gospel
.... to preach unto them that dwell on the earth,
...... and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
Saying with a loud voice,
.. Fear God, and give glory to Him;
.... for the hour of His judgment is come:
...... and worship Him that made heaven, and earth,
........ and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
And there followed another angel, saying,
.. Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city,
.... because she made all nations
...... drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.'
(Revelation 14:6-8)

'And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying,
.. Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen,
.... and is become the habitation of devils,
...... and the hold of every foul spirit,
........ and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication,
.. and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her,
.... and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich
...... through the abundance of her delicacies.'
(Revelation 18:2-3)

* These verses are the fulfillment of Isaiah 21:9b:-

' ... And he answered and said,
"Babylon is fallen, is fallen;
and all the graven images of her gods
He hath broken unto the ground.'
(Isaiah 21:9)

* All part of the paper-trail.

:love:

Loyal
'And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write;
These things saith -
.. He that is holy,
.... He that is true,
...... He that hath the key of David,
........ He that openeth, and no man shutteth;
.......... and shutteth, and no man openeth;'
(Revelation 3:7)

'And it shall come to pass in that day,
.. that I will call my servant Eliakim the son of Hilkiah:
.... And I will clothe him with thy robe,
...... and strengthen him with thy girdle,
........ and I will commit thy government into his hand:
.......... and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem,
............ and to the house of Judah.
And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder;
.. so he shall open, and none shall shut;
.... and he shall shut, and none shall open.'
(Isa 22:20-22)

* Fulfilled in 2 Chronicles 36:4:-
"And the king of Egypt made Eliakim his brother king over Judah and Jerusalem,
and turned his name to Jehoiakim. .... "

*God's words, prophesied through Isaiah, fulfilled through the King of Egypt, echoed by the risen Lord, through His angel to John, to be spoken to the assembly at Philadelphia, concerning the risen Christ, to Whom the throne and sceptre belong.

* Praise God! For the outworking of His prophetic word. Seen by us as we travel along this trail.

:love:

Last edited:
Loyal
'For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them,
and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters:
and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.'
(Revelation 7:17)

'And He will destroy in this mountain
.. the face of the covering cast over all people,
.... and the vail that is spread over all nations.
He will swallow up death in victory;
.. and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces;
.... and the rebuke of His people shall He take away from off all the earth:
...... for the LORD hath spoken it.
And it shall be said in that day,
.."Lo, this is our God;
.... we have waited for Him,
...... and He will save us:
........ this is the LORD;
.......... we have waited for Him,
............ we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation.'
(Isaiah 25:7-9)

Praise God!

Loyal
11.12.2022 (UK calendar)

Hello fellow trail-walkers,

The sky is full of snow-laden clouds here in Wales, and so although only 11,00am, I have a lamp in order to read, as I sit here at the dining table with a mug of tea beside me, and a woolly cardigan and scarf to keep me warm. The air has that stillness that only snow fall can produce, and it is so vey quiet. The stillness is echoed in my spirit too. I am grateful to God, Who made the heavens and the earth, and all things within it, that He gave me life, and that He has also quickened me by His Spirit, in Christ Jesus, that no matter what happens without, inside my spirit there is life and peace.

Like some of you, I am in my seventies, born in the year that Israel officially became a nation again. What a glorious year to be born, with a marker to mark the year, with so much significance.. My eyes were opened to God's saving grace, in Christ Jesus, in 1960, and His work of salvation within me dawned upon my consciousness., the word of God took root within and began to grow. Praise God! I am His workmanship, and the work that He has begun in me, He will continue to do until the day of Christ.

May my thoughts find their echo in your own heart this day, to the praise of His glory and grace.
In Christ Jesus
Chris
:) Complete, you also makes my heart soul so warm. as I observe you within and dining in, "GOD's Room.":pensive:

Ploughboy

Active
What is a "glory trail" is it something you made up and gave it a name. You should start a thread up and school us. I heard about "GLORY HOLES" in The Northwest."
yes, something I made up , as one of the prescribed ways to seek after Christ, you could say a glorious lamp unto our feet a light unto path. revealing the good ground where the seed is sown, the living word of God.

Thanks for the opportunity we can offer our commentaries or preach, But God alone is the teacher master we are instructed to call no man on earth good teaching master. One is our father the teacher in heaven.

I can try and offer in a separate post. . how I think the glory trail could be a good study practice. The glory of God doctrine one of the many doctrines that fall like rain the water of the word. .

Loyal
Just checking in with the group...
At 1 Chronicles 13.
Hello @Mister,

I am glad to hear from you again. So you are at 1 Chronicles 13, concerning the ark of God, although you have probably moved on from there now.

Chronicles gives the same history as Kings and Samuel, but from the Divine standpoint. Knowing that makes the reading of it more thrilling I believe.

I am here there and everywhere at the moment myself, and need to just start reading from one set point again. Though I have been blessed by my reading, I feel the need to read it more consecutively again. I miss my reading in the Old Testament prophets. My wagon has been off the road for a while. :)

Our Trailblazer has also been quiet here for a while hasn't he? Where are you, @PloughBoy?

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Active
GOD woke me up today and He had me thinking about Him before entering into a physical form of obeisance, just laying there, in bed. How sweet that is and how blessed I am that He is my father and my father happens to be GOD :pensive:. He is my glory. Thank you Jesus.

I've made it thru the posted readings and now I'm ready for Pilgrim's Progress. Although this particular read has come to a close, the words will continue working in me and my prayers for you will not cease.

Glory to God in the highest!

Active

Thanks for the reply. .

It's not glory holes but a again the bright trail or glory trail

Like a money trail it leads to a conclusion or end of a matter.

Psalm 119:104-106King James Version Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgments.

God is literally light and not that he can only create it temporally under the sun,

The introduction. .Revelation 1:1 King James Version1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Revelation the signified understanding .using the temporal things seen mixed with the unseen things of God .

In that way we are informed that without parables called the hidden manna in Revelation 2: 17. . without the poetic tongue of God as Christ the anointing Holy Spirit of God He spoke not

If we would literalize the signified then we can lose the light trail

Loyal
Thanks for the reply. .

It's not glory holes but a again the bright trail or glory trail

Like a money trail it leads to a conclusion or end of a matter.

Psalm 119:104-106King James Version Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgments.

God is literally light and not that he can only create it temporally under the sun,

The introduction. .Revelation 1:1 King James Version1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Revelation the signified understanding .using the temporal things seen mixed with the unseen things of God .

In that way we are informed that without parables called the hidden manna in Revelation 2: 17. . without the poetic tongue of God as Christ the anointing Holy Spirit of God He spoke not

If we would literalize the signified then we can lose the light trail
Hi @Garee,

We had a cupboard under the stairs when I was young which we called 'the glory hole', because it was where everything got dumped out of sight and out of mind. Which obviously has nothing to do with what you are saying in your post. :) It was dark and seemingly impenetrable, and you could not find anything within it!

* Where did these terms that you are using come from? Are they Scriptural terms? (you refer to Psalm 119:104-106; Revelation 1:1; Revelation 2:17):-

' Through thy precepts I get understanding:
therefore I hate every false way.
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,
and a light unto my path.
I have sworn, and I will perform it,
that I will keep Thy righteous judgments.
(Psa 119:104-106)

' The Revelation of Jesus Christ,
which God gave unto Him,
to shew unto Hs servants
things which must shortly come to pass;
and He sent and signified it by His angel
unto his servant John:'
(Revelation 1:1)

'He that hath an ear, let him hear
what the Spirit saith unto the churches;
To him that overcometh
will I give to eat of the hidden manna,
and will give him a white stone,
and in the stone a new name written,
which no man knoweth
saving he that receiveth it.'
(Rev 2:17)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Active
Hi @Garee,

We had a cupboard under the stairs when I was young which we called 'the glory hole', because it was where everything got dumped out of sight and out of mind. Which obviously has nothing to do with what you are saying in your post. :) It was dark and seemingly impenetrable, and you could not find anything within it!

* Where did these terms that you are using come from? Are they Scriptural terms? (you refer to Psalm 119:104-106; Revelation 1:1; Revelation 2:17):-

' Through thy precepts I get understanding:
therefore I hate every false way.
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,
and a light unto my path.
I have sworn, and I will perform it,
that I will keep Thy righteous judgments.
(Psa 119:104-106)

' The Revelation of Jesus Christ,
which God gave unto Him,
to shew unto Hs servants
things which must shortly come to pass;
and He sent and signified it by His angel
unto his servant John:'
(Revelation 1:1)

'He that hath an ear, let him hear
what the Spirit saith unto the churches;
To him that overcometh
will I give to eat of the hidden manna,
and will give him a white stone,
and in the stone a new name written,
which no man knoweth
saving he that receiveth it.'
(Rev 2:17)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Thanks, yes they are terms devised from scripture as metaphors used in parables .

Parables enrich like honey the understanding ,they do not take away from the simplicity of the gospel. . Believe God not seen .

Hidden manna (Revelation 2-17 ), with manna used as a query. It means What is it ???. . (not of our own selves ). something foreign to us . It was the daily bread that our father as God fed the people in wilderness for 40 years leading toward the land of milk. . using white milk to represent grace and honey power .

Exodus 16:31 And the house of Israel called the name thereof Manna: and it was like coriander seed, white; and the taste of it was like wafers made with honey.

I would think the same kind of food the disciples knew not of by which Jesus called the "meat of the word" .

In that way it works together with the milk of the word as that which teaches us he is gracious.

1 Peter 2: 1-3 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

Two metaphors working as one. While the milk graciously shows the path , the meat empowers us to finish it according to the good pleasure of the Father. Philipian 2:13 Again declared as both to will (milk) and to do or finish (meat) In that way can't have one without the other . No milk no honey

Johnathon is shown using honey to enlighten himself. Yoked with Christ making his burden lighter . 1 Samuel 14:27

John 4: 33-35 Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat?Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work. Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.

As far a hidden manna The Holy Spirit uses Moses completing all the words God inspired . Using the golden ark with gold representing faith, the unseen things of God .

He was to place the book on the outside of the ark it as a testimony was against us. It as it is written revealed what was hidden inside (the manna, the Rod of Aaron and the stones tablets.) Having the whole word as it is written which I call ( sola scriptura)

God knew beforehand that when Moses died men would look for another human as some sort of succession of men .Like that of Catholicism that they call apostolic succession as venerable mankind

God protecting the integrity of His living, abiding word.

Deuteronomy 31:24-27 And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished,
That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the Lord, saying, Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee. For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the Lord; and how much more after my death?