• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Is your Joy so full in Christ that it seems you just cannot take it, because of this earthly vessel?

Loyal
I'm just wondering, because earlier on this journey, I know the "Joy of The Lord". Which is so nice and good and calm, you just bathe in it.

Then I the "Strong anointing" that comes over you, very strong!

Then there is the over whelming "Glory " of God" you cannot stand, you cannot do anything walk or speak, or move, you are speechless and asking God in your mind please turn it off, I cannot take it. And you do not want that experience NO More! Not in this "body".

Then the "Deep anointing" that runs Deep! I mean real deep!

Then there is the "Constance anointing" that runs so Constance it tires you out, I guess it is "Our bodies" .

Maybe that is why sometimes, one of the "Holy Spirit" operations in you is "quietness". And I think you need to be kinda careful, maybe that is when foolish-ness might slip in, and that is when we "grieve the Spirit of God" by our actions. I sure do not like that " grieving the Spirit of God". yuck! I do not like that feeling! It takes a few days to get over that. Washing and cleansing process. Wash me Lord, with Hyssop!

Your thoughts.

Loyal
Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

If the "joy of the Lord" is my strength, (Neh 8:10) then Jesus's joy is my joy!

Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Active
Then there is the over whelming "Glory " of God" you cannot stand, you cannot do anything walk or speak, or move, you are speechless and asking God in your mind please turn it off, I cannot take it. And you do not want that experience NO More! Not in this "body".

I have been here for about four months.

I do love God's Word. His Word is so glorious to me, but the lateral comparison of my spirit to His Spirit is so great that I am disabled by it; the relentless scrutiny that I have placed myself under is so difficult that even that scrutiny is placed under scrutiny. I have never gone through pain like this before.

Anybody that reads this here me out; fret not at what I have shared here. His Word is true. I have sought truth in our world for more than 10 years, and then I began learning of who our God really is, and what a Man is. I lost sight in those years. I was a terrible child from my beginning, and I have given myself grief for grief because of this. I have not been obedient or loving in my life--impulsive, shortsighted, and very foolish; these I have been, and I do wish I'd had more of His character in me naturally.

I have lived a life of failures and mistakes all the way through, for 29 years.

I made a choice.

Loyal

I do love God's Word. His Word is so glorious to me, but the lateral comparison of my spirit to His Spirit is so great that I am disabled by it; the relentless scrutiny that I have placed myself under is so difficult that even that scrutiny is placed under scrutiny. I have never gone through pain like this before.

Anybody that reads this here me out; fret not at what I have shared here. His Word is true. I have sought truth in our world for more than 10 years, and then I began learning of who our God really is, and what a Man is. I lost sight in those years. I was a terrible child from my beginning, and I have given myself grief for grief because of this. I have not been obedient or loving in my life--impulsive, shortsighted, and very foolish; these I have been, and I do wish I'd had more of His character in me naturally.

I made a choice.
Do you know this picture? I read your post and thought of the son walking back to his father's house, rehearsing that speech he'd never get the chance to say: "...I am no longer worthy to be called your son..."

1200px-Rembrandt_Harmensz_van_Rijn_-_Return_of_the_Prodigal_Son_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

See it in incredible detail here Return of the Prodigal Son - Rembrandt Harmensz van Rijn - Google Arts & Culture

Loyal
It's Rembrandt - the return of the prodigal son.

I've read a few of your posts, and you often sound anguished in your thoughts. Maybe some time meditating on God's word with the help of this picture will help you find your balance.

Loyal
Jer 15:16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Pro 15:23 A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good is it!

Eating and speaking the words of God are essential to having "joy"!

Loyal

I made a choice.
Isn't it something, when you go through such pain, you never thought a child of God would encounter such a condiction. You never would dream that a true born from above Christian would experience a wound from God. "For He treated me as if I was His enemy". And AW Tozer; pen these words:

“It is doubtful whether God can bless a man greatly until He has hurt him deeply.”
― A.W. Tozer

And I am going to say, "Amen" to that one, even if I have to say "Amen" by myself!

Loyal
The Apostle Paul was no stranger to very very hard times in his life to the point he thought his life was over.....

2Co 1:8 Brothers and sisters, we want you to know about the hard times we suffered in Asia Minor. We were having a lot of trouble. It was far more than we could stand. We even thought we were going to die.
2Co 1:9 In fact, in our hearts we felt as if we were under the sentence of death. But that happened so that we would not depend on ourselves but on God. He raises the dead to life. (NiRV)

No matter how hard times may be the end results are so we will constantly trust in the living God and not in ourselves!

Loyal
The Apostle Paul was no stranger to very very hard times in his life to the point he thought his life was over.....

2Co 1:8 Brothers and sisters, we want you to know about the hard times we suffered in Asia Minor. We were having a lot of trouble. It was far more than we could stand. We even thought we were going to die.
2Co 1:9 In fact, in our hearts we felt as if we were under the sentence of death. But that happened so that we would not depend on ourselves but on God. He raises the dead to life. (NiRV)

No matter how hard times may be the end results are so we will constantly trust in the living God and not in ourselves!
Curtis, I think "twcstp111" is referring to his rebellion" and I was too! In AW Tozer's quote. And the pain from the rebellion that leads to "sanctification".

Loyal
This is NOT a bad thing it just reveals to you your "conscience" has been working as it should.

Heb 12:5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
Heb 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
Heb 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
Heb 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Heb 12:11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Loyal
Hey Curtis, you can quote that stuff pretty good, As long as you are not under that "Rod"! When you feel God is treating you like enemy, and turn the lights out! And when night comes you wish it was day, and when day comes you wish it was night. And can not sleep when you want to sleep and when you sleep you want to wake up from the terrors that attack you in your dreams! And hounds of hells is on your trail! And God is no where around. And you cannot pray and you do not want people quoting "Scripture" to you either! And you feel, the claws of Demons tearing your "Spirit" out of your soul! Day in and day out, and you do not eat as if 40 days has pass and you are not hungry, and lost about 70 pounds!
And if it is the "Dark Night of The Soul" it might last a couple of years! And when that "Fish" spit you out, you are going to "Nineveh"! LOL! No One has to quote you nothing, and when God Speak, you jump, and you do not have to say, "How high"! LOL,

PS hey Curtis, ask me how I know! :joy:

Hey, "peaceful fruits of righteousness" in me! Because when I run through that "Town" I 'm going to cause a "Riot"! Like the Apostles did! I'm going to turn that "Town" upside Down! You can bet your bottom dollar on that one!:joy:

Loyal
Hey Curtis, you can quote that stuff pretty good, As long as you are not under that "Rod"! When you feel God is treating you like enemy, and turn the lights out! And when night comes you wish it was day, and when day comes you wish it was night. And can not sleep when you want to sleep and when you sleep you want to wake up from the terrors that attack you in your dreams! And hounds of hells is on your trail! And God is no where around. And you cannot pray and you do not want people quoting "Scripture" to you either! And you feel, the claws of Demons tearing your "Spirit" out of your soul! Day in and day out, and you do not eat as if 40 days has pass and you are not hungry, and lost about 70 pounds!
And if it is the "Dark Night of The Soul" it might last a couple of years! And when that "Fish" spit you out, you are going to "Nineveh"! LOL! No One has to quote you nothing, and when God Speak, you jump, and you do not have to say, "How high"! LOL,

PS hey Curtis, ask me how I know! :joy:

Hey, "peaceful fruits of righteousness" in me! Because when I run through that "Town" I 'm going to cause a "Riot"! Like the Apostles did! I'm going to turn that "Town" upside Down! You can bet your bottom dollar on that one!:joy:
Yep, you have to be ready to give an answer to everyone who asks, even if it is to your own hurt! Even if someone does not like it. What is better to tell them the truth or just make up something to make them feel better?

Loyal
Hey Curtis, you can quote that stuff pretty good, As long as you are not under that "Rod"!
I have been under the "rod" many times in my life. What is the "rod" anyway do you even know what it is? Who are the people that are supposed to "speak" the Word? Who are they that listen?