• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Is Westboro Baptist Church really a cult?

I would like to know what you think about this group. I refuse to call them a church and they definitely not Baptist, much less Christian. I state the following reasons by what I know about these people:
One: Their stance on Israel. Fred Phelps downplays the Holocaust, not even acknowledging that this had to happen for Israel to be reborn in 1948. Him and his followers throw out one third of the Bible right there denying Israel and her people. They also claim that Israel and her people are no longer God's chosen people despite what the Bible says about Israel's required role in prophecy. To cover their tracks, they say the only Jews that will be redeemed will be the 144,000 that rise up during the Tribulation. They apparently never read the whole book. They say the Jews killed Jesus. On this, first of all, Jesus gave himself to be a sacrifice. And he was a Jew, they don't tell people that. In the Old Testament there were prophecies about Messiah, and one of them was that Messiah would be rejected by His own people. The Roman government and corrupt Jewish officials put Him on that cross. We all did. This replacement theology follows along the lines of Nazism and race supremacy groups.

Two: These people point everything wrong back to homosexuality. This country is doomed because of same sex marriage. Screaming obscenities, especially in front of children. They have told gay men the only to heaven is to castrate themselves with razor wire (preferably rusted) by their own admission. Homosexuals need Jesus as much if not more than straight people. WBC has thrown them away like they were trash. Jesus died for them too. Yes the act of homosexuality is a sin and we must speak out against it, but spitting in God's face by doing what WBC does is definitely NOT the way to go about it.

Three: Why do they show up at funerals? It's obvious they hate the military with a passion. These people die so we all can have these precious freedoms of speech and religion. The only reason WBC is still here in America is to exploit those freedoms. Apparently they have no respect for the dead whatsoever. Also, when they show up at funerals of school shooting victims, they blatantly tell the whole world they support these terrorists (including the 9/11 hijackers, the Boston Marathon bombers, Adam Lanza, etc.) How can they get up the nerve to terrorize these families. WBC screams this as death worship. Excuse me, my family burying a loved one who died from being killed in cold blood is death worship? Mourning a lost loved one is a natural emotion and there's nothing these people can say or do to change that. Fred Phelps has brainwashed his whole cult into thinking these things. One of Satan's greatest tactics is to convince someone they're an exception to the rule. Yes, WBC has the right to protest according to the laws, but that's not the point. What about common decency on their part? At least keep their mouths shut and show a little respect.

Four: The children who have this demonic doctrine shoved down their throats day after day. Having to be dragged to protests and holding signs they don't understand. They are front and center in the midst of danger. Being subjected to the profanity from both sides, the possibility of someone coming up and shooting up the group. Maybe even a driver that's fed up running into them. There is a clip on Youtube of a WBC protest where a driver passes by, throws a full drink cup out the window and a kid getting hit by it before driving off. Now who's to say they didn't set that up? To make people more sympathetic, or to keep the cultists under control? I'm surprised nobody in Topeka has reported them to Child Protection Services!

There are other things, but just on these four points, WBC are NOT Christian by any stretch! The following is what I get out of this and my opinion.
1- Fred Phelps is a mentally disturbed man who cowers behind a Bible. Him and most of his children and grandchildren have criminal records. It has to be all about him, not God.
2-Those who call themselves white sheep need to be scrutinized closely. There are skeletons behind those church doors and Jesus' blood is NOT on them. Seeing their hypocritical ways so blatantly makes you wonder what REALLY goes on behind those doors...
3-God will judge these people with the same standards He would everyone else. And for them, it will not be pretty...

I ask of those who read this: Pray that God opens the eyes of these people of the damage they are causing to the cause of Christ. Pray more people see the truth and leave before God has enough and brings His judgement upon Fred Phelps and his family who remain!