• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Is Trusting God a “Risk”?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him. Psalm 91:1-2

What would make you feel secure? For some it’s a particular place. For others it may mean a certain amount of money in the bank or a particular position at work. Everyone craves security and assurances that they’ll be safe from the storms of life that are sure to come.

What does it look like to dwell in God’s shelter today and to have God’s shadow over you? Perhaps it means releasing control over a specific life circumstance. For others, it may be a step of faith that feels more like a risk than a place of safety or security under God. The irony of living by faith and trusting God as your sole refuge and stronghold can feel risky and even a little chaotic as you perfect your faith in God.

As you grapple with your desires for security and safety, the words of this psalm challenge you to rethink your place under the protection of God. How does it feel to have God as your refuge and stronghold? Does it feel like a risk right now? Are there ways you can learn to grow deeper in your trust in God today?

Loyal
In the presence of my enemies he has prepared a table before me....(Psa 23:5)

Surely that table is not on this physical world, but within, and under that "secret" place of the most high. It would also be near the peaceful still waters where no physical man can go, but the re birthed human heart can.
It is diffidently easier to partake of this secret place when you have been there before. Having history with God knowing that he delivered us in the past he will continue to deliver us in the future, since he changes not!

Loyal
we must count the cost before moving forward. Are you willing to give up everything and make Jesus the number one priority in your life. for some people the cost of following Jesus will cost them there life, I just hope they realize you must loose your life to find every lasting life !!

Luke 14:28-31
For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it? Otherwise, when he has laid a foundation and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, saying, ‘This man began to build and was not able to finish.’ Or what king, going out to encounter another king in war, will not sit down first and deliberate whether he is able with ten thousand to meet him who comes against him with twenty thousand?

Matthew 16:24-25
Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

Staff Member
No, we just have to understand that our expectations are on God's schedule and not ours!
Do you believe as we get to know Him better Brother, that whatever expectations we have move, closer to His for us?

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Active
Do you believe as we get to know Him better Brother, that whatever expectations we have move, closer to His for us?

YBIC
Nick
<><
Sure, and trust him is at no risk for those who love him and understand it all is on his time table!

Staff Member
Sure, and trust him is at no risk for those who love him and understand it all is on his time table!
So, the change becomes ours! Love of our God, and trusting Him completely!!!
We need to realize that time in truth is not the important part in all this.
It will or won't happen when it happens. :smile:
Just don't deviate from where our focus needs to be!

This is why for the second time since Friday I must give reference to the Book of Daniel and these 3 amazing young men and what they said: Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we [are] not careful to answer thee in this matter. If it be [so], our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver [us] out of thine hand, O king. But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up. Daniel 3:16-18

Thanks for sharing Brother.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Christ4Ever Devotionals 1
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0