• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Is this your church?

Loyal
seeing people laughing on the ground out of control seems to go against the word

2 Timothy 1:7
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

couple others scriptures come to mind

1 Corinthians 14:40

But all things should be done decently and in order.

1 Corinthians 14:33
For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints,

Active
seeing people laughing on the ground out of control seems to go against the word

For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints,
I was just curious how many here in this forum that claim to be charismatic pentacostals go to churches just like the ones in tbe vids.

Active

I would agree. But if losing self-control is that which gives them the desire of wonderment marveling then like with Jesus when confronted at night with Nicodemus who did seek after a sign to cause wonderment before they would believe as that which some call a "sign gift." (that seen) And not a "spiritual gift" (spirits are unseen) .

For who hopes for that in which they already have (no faith needed) All die not received the promised new incorruptible body

Charismatic ideology is not new to the new testament and Pentecost. Nicodemus served that spirit of error .Jesus basically informed Nicodemus why wonder and marvel rather that believing.? ? ? . .exercising the faith that does work in and with the believer . Jesus said it’s a evil generation natural unconverted mankind that does seek after sign to wonder and marvel over. Eating the fruit of the flesh that falls backward, slain in the Spirit of the judgement of God

The loving commandment "marvel not".

John 3:6-7 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Loyal
This isn't my church.

... and yet.

Acts 2:12; And they all continued in amazement and great perplexity, saying to one another, "What does this mean?"
Acts 2:13; But others were mocking and saying, "They are full of sweet wine."

Acts 2:15; "For these men are not drunk, as you suppose, for it is only the third hour of the day;

It seems whatever was happening here. People thought they were drunk.

Active
This isn't my church.

... and yet.

Acts 2:12; And they all continued in amazement and great perplexity, saying to one another, "What does this mean?"

Acts 2:15; "For these men are not drunk, as you suppose, for it is only the third hour of the day;

Yes, we should believe all of these dog-barkers and writhing-on-the-floor-screamers are filled with the Holy Spirit of God, just as we should believe also that the power of the Holy Spirit of God is in Kenneth Copeland's breath to halt the weather, and in Benny Hinn's jacket to cause scores of people to lose their balance and fall backwards, and in the magical properity wallet you pay t.v. propsperity preacher so-and-so $1,000 to mail you at your home, et alia.

Or, we who have the Holy Spirit of God in us discern from the sound mind we've been given to determine as to that which is faux from that which is true.

Active
Like those who fall backwards slain in the spirit ?
You are free to believe all of these dog-barkers and writhing-on-the-floor-screamers are filled with the Holy Spirit of God, just as you are free to believe also that the power of the Holy Spirit of God is in Kenneth Copeland's breath to halt the weather, and in Benny Hinn's jacket to cause scores of people to lose their balance and fall backwards, and in the magical properity wallet you pay t.v. propsperity preacher so-and-so $1,000 to mail you at your home, et alia.

I who have the Holy Spirit of God in me discern from the sound mind I've been given to determine as to that which is faux from that which is true. God gives us a sound mind to be able to separate reality from fiction.

Active
This isn't my church.

... and yet.

Not all people just the ones that were not given the interpretation by our unseen God as it is written . .

Yes God propmised they would not hear the tongue or interpretation of His prophecy. . . it was a sign against the drunks' . The foundation of the doctrine of tongues must be first visited before a person can understand the law re-given in 1 Corhtitains 14 :22. Yet for all that they still would not hear and believe prophecy.

1 Corinthians 14: 21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.

Note. . . Un beleivers
Note . . . believers
Note . . .the spirit of judgement

Isaiah 28: 8-13 ERV The priests and prophets are all drunk with wine and beer. They stumble and fall down. The prophets are drunk when they see their dreams. The judges are drunk when they make their decisions. Every table is covered with vomit. There is not a clean place anywhere. The people say, “Who does he think he is trying to teach and explain his message to? Does he think we are babies who were at their mother’s breast only a very short time ago? He speaks to us as though we were babies:Saw lasaw saw lasaw Qaw laqaw qaw laqaw Ze’er sham ze’er sham. So God will use this strange way of talking, and he will use other languages to speak to these people.In the past he spoke to them and said, “Here is a resting place. Let those who are tired come and rest. This is the place of peace.”But they would not listen to him. So the Lord’s words will be senseless sounds to them:Saw lasaw saw lasaw.Qaw laqaw qaw laqaw.
Ze’er sham ze’er sham.”
When the people try to walk, they will fall backwards. They will be defeated, trapped, and captured.

Those at Pentecost the same timing of the promise of Joel the reformation that unbelievers called God's prophets drunks heard the words spoken of in Isaiah 28 the foundation of the doctrine. "Saw lasaw saw lasaw.Qaw laqaw qaw laqaw.Ze’er sham ze’er sham" falling backward mocking the "spirit of God's judgement ".

Active
I was just curious how many here in this forum that claim to be charismatic pentacostals go to churches just like the ones in tbe vids.

They are NOT Pentecostals. Besides, Pentecostals are divided. We actually helped a lot of people come out of such cults in the past, and we still help people come out of the Oneness cults. There are lots of cults out there that satan himself made to blaspheme, or confuse people.

Satan wants people to turn away from receiving the fullness of the Holy Spirit. Kenneth Copeland, Benny Hinn, and all the likes of those TV preachers that you mentioned actually worship money, and deceive the gullible.

None of this happens at my church. I attend a Foursquare Church; which is a very evangelical Christian denomination. We are Pentecostals. I enjoy going to my church. It is so very interesting and alive. I used to drag myself to attend church services in the past. I never liked traditional or formal churches. Churches should be fun and enjoyable, but it makes me cringe when people assume this is how it is at every Pentecostal church. I also attended Vineyard Churches before, and they are biblical and interesting. They have good music.

Many people also use videos like these to target and attack genuine Spirit-filled Christians, because they only happen to believe in the false doctrine of cessationism.

Loyal
None of this happens at my church. I attend a Foursquare Church; which is a very evangelical Christian denomination. We are Pentecostals. I enjoy going to my church. It is so very interesting and alive. I used to drag myself to attend church services in the past. I never liked traditional or formal churches. Churches should be fun and enjoyable, but it makes me cringe when people assume this is how it is at every Pentecostal church. I also attended Vineyard Churches before, and they are biblical and interesting. They have good music.
Many people also use videos like these to target and attack genuine Spirit-filled Christians, because they only happen to believe in the false doctrine of cessationism.

1754808.gif

Active
They are NOT Pentecostals. Besides, Pentecostals are divided. We actually helped a lot of people come out of such cults in the past, and we still help people come out of the Oneness cults. There are lots of cults out there that satan himself made to blaspheme, or confuse people.

Satan wants people to turn away from receiving the fullness of the Holy Spirit. Kenneth Copeland, Benny Hinn, and all the likes of those TV preachers that you mentioned actually worship money, and deceive the gullible.

Perhaps your pentecostal congregation is not as unspititually led as the ones in the previous videos. It may be closer to what we see with Paula White:

Active

Cessationism.? The ceasing of what?

New prophecy as the tongue of God. It as it is written (sola scriptura) it is sealed with 7 seals till the end of time .. we have the perfect. . face to face in the faithful knowledge of God .

God is not a man as us. Making baby noises without meaning and falling backward slain in the spirit mocks the "spirt of judgement" exposes falsr prophets and false apostles. The Holy Spirit defines the spirit of judgement .

No such thing as a outward sign as a gift to wonder about or marvel after rather than believing the end of faith .. Spiritual unseen gifts yes they are all still actively working out in believers .

Active
Perhaps your pentecostal congregation is not as unspititually led as the ones in the previous videos. It may be closer to what we see with Paula White:

No.

I'd suggest:

Angelus Temple: (International Church of the Foursquare Gospel)

Canby Foursquare Church:

And, you can visit foursquare.org for our declaration of faith.

If you do not like Pentecostal Churches, then just do not go there, but do not post random videos, and attack/accuse other believers based on cults, and controversial televangelists; Also, Paula White is not a Pentecostal.

Try Baptists churches. They are good. I grew up Baptist, or even Lutheran Churches, if you like traditional ones, or attend a non-denominational church, if that works for you. Maybe, ask God where to attend and worship.

If you have time to listen and learn:

Active
Cessationism.? The ceasing of what?

New prophecy as the tongue of God. It as it is written (sola scriptura) it is sealed with 7 seals till the end of time .. we have the perfect. . face to face in the faithful knowledge of God .

God is not a man as us. Making baby noises without meaning and falling backward slain in the spirit mocks the "spirt of judgement" exposes falsr prophets and false apostles. The Holy Spirit defines the spirit of judgement .

No such thing as a outward sign as a gift to wonder about or marvel after rather than believing the end of faith .. Spiritual unseen gifts yes they are all still actively working out in believers .

I do not know what falling backward, or slain in the spirit, or making baby noise is. Nothing like that happens at my church, and not all things that is labeled Pentecostalism/Charismatic comes from the lord but there are genuine Pentecostal/Charismatic churches if you know where to look. I already mentioned foursquare, and vineyard churches because I attended at those.

God bless,

Active
No.

I'd suggest:

Angelus Temple: (International Church of the Foursquare Gospel)

Canby Foursquare Church:

And, you can visit foursquare.org for our declaration of faith.

If you do not like Pentecostal Churches, then just do not go there, but do not post random videos, and attack/accuse other believers based on cults, and controversial televangelists; Also, Paula White is not a Pentecostal.

Try Baptists churches. They are good. I grew up Baptist, or even Lutheran Churches, if you like traditional ones, or attend a non-denominational church, if that works for you. Maybe, ask God where to attend and worship.

If you have time to listen and learn:

Any church with women pastors is a heretical church, like Thyatira. Come to think of of it, Aimee Semple was a Hollywood harlot or starlet, and it's her statement of faith with which you agree.

Active
I do not know what falling backward, or slain in the spirit, or making baby noise is. Nothing like that happens at my church, and not all things that is labeled Pentecostalism/Charismatic comes from the lord but there are genuine Pentecostal/Charismatic churches if you know where to look. I already mentioned foursquare, and vineyard churches because I attended at those.
Yes many of us - especially outside of the U.S.A. - enjoy Bible obedient Pentecostal churches that worship in spirit and truth.
It is best not to engage with cessationists as they are convinced that their churches, although devoid of the gifts of the Holy Spirit, are correct and Biblical.
God is calling people out of the world to believe the full gospel of salvation and to yield unto the truth of the scriptures - to be born new from above by water and the Spirit with the Bible evidence of speaking in tongues.
Christian forum sites are great to share gospel music, testimonials and other friendly material, but Bible Discussion Forums often deteriorate into cesspools of slander and nastiness.
And if you defend the full gospel too much you will get banned.

Active
Mark 16:14 And afterward he [Jesus] was manifested to the eleven themselves as they sat at meat; and he rebuked their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them that had seen him risen from the dead.
16:15 And [Jesus] said to them, Go into all the world, and preach the gospel to the whole creation.
16:16 Who hath believed and is baptized shall be saved; but who hath disbelieved shall be condemned.
16:17 And these signs shall follow them that have believed: in my name shall they cast out demons, speak with tongues;
16:18 and in their hands they shall take up serpents, and if they drink aught deadly, it shall in now wise hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
16:19 So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God.
16:20 And THEY went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word by the signs that followed.

Active
Yes many of us - especially outside of the U.S.A. - enjoy Bible obedient Pentecostal churches that worship in spirit and truth.
It is best not to engage with cessationists as they are convinced that their churches, although devoid of the gifts of the Holy Spirit, are correct and Biblical.
God is calling people out of the world to believe the full gospel of salvation and to yield unto the truth of the scriptures - to be born new from above by water and the Spirit with the Bible evidence of speaking in tongues.
Christian forum sites are great to share gospel music, testimonials and other friendly material, but Bible Discussion Forums often deteriorate into cesspools of slander and nastiness.
And if you defend the full gospel too much you will get banned.
How many females are pastoring men in your church?