• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

is there any thing in the name of church?

when I hear new churches with new principles, methods is coming I worry! because, how Jesus will feel of His virgin, getting different types of opinions and methods. The virgin should be pure, holy, and like him in all means. so whenever, new type of church comes, beware, look into the word of God and compare. If anything is out of Word of God, don't follow.
Otherwise, we can wholeheartedly welcome. I believe God has chosen His own from all the parts of the world as His loving bride.

I am coming out of a church that I have trusted for over 30 years. The pastor is teaching that the bride of Christ is Israel, that you are not saved until you die. He does not have deacons or elders as I feel the bible speaks of. I am very discouraged having trusted this denomination for so many years.

workandplay56 said:
that you are not saved until you die.
i believe we truely won't be saved till the end according to these scriptures

Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mar 13:13 And ye shall be hated of all [men] for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

and that we are converted unto the Lord when we cofess our sins unto him

Psa 51:13 [Then] will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
Isa 60:5 Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.
Mat 13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and [their] ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with [their] eyes, and hear with [their] ears, and should understand with [their] heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
Mat 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Mar 4:12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and [their] sins should be forgiven them.
Luk 22:32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
Jhn 12:40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with [their] eyes, nor understand with [their] heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
Act 28:27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with [their] eyes, and hear with [their] ears, and understand with [their] heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

imready4thelord said:
i believe we truely won't be saved till the end according to these scriptures

Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mar 13:13 And ye shall be hated of all [men] for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

and that we are converted unto the Lord when we cofess our sins unto him

Psa 51:13 [Then] will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
Isa 60:5 Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.
Mat 13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and [their] ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with [their] eyes, and hear with [their] ears, and should understand with [their] heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
Mat 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Mar 4:12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and [their] sins should be forgiven them.
Luk 22:32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
Jhn 12:40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with [their] eyes, nor understand with [their] heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
Act 28:27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with [their] eyes, and hear with [their] ears, and understand with [their] heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
Jesus came to establish the Kingdom of God on earth. The Kingdom of God exists in the "now' (on earth) as well as in the "not yet" (eternity).

"...Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does. But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me and I in the Father." (Jn 10:37-38).

"He called Hiis twelve disciples to Him and gave them authority to drive out evil spirits and to heal every disease and sickness." (Mt 10:1)

"But if I drive out demons by the finger of God, then the Kingdom of God has come to you." (Lk 11:20)

["catholic" simply means universal. Catholics as we understand them are actually Roman Catholic.]

Our salvation is instant - the moment we repent and make the decision to live for Jesus Christ. At that point we are delivered from the kingdom of darkness and tranferred into God's kingdom of light, love and life!!! Colossians 1:13 and Ephesians 5:8
We are regenerated (born again) and sealed by the Holy Spirit. 2 Corinthians 1:21-22 and 5:17
We have the promise of eternal life. John 3:16
We are children and heirs of God. Romans 8:14-17

However there is also a progressive, continuing element to our salvation that won't be accomplished until the end. Matthew 24:13

...our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. Roman 13:11

:love:
evangeline

spirit and Truth

All churches new and old should worship God in Spirit and Truth.

I believe that you will find both things in the word of God (the Bible)

workandplay56 said:
I am coming out of a church that I have trusted for over 30 years. The pastor is teaching that the bride of Christ is Israel, that you are not saved until you die. He does not have deacons or elders as I feel the bible speaks of. I am very discouraged having trusted this denomination for so many years.
I believe that salvation is both an event and a process. All of us, when we repent of our sin and receive Jesus in our hearts, begin a new life. That's why it is called "the new birth" or "being reborn" or "born again".

Paul told the young Corinthian church, "Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual, but as worldly - mere infants in Christ. I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it." (1 Cor 3:1-2). Peter wrote: "Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that you may grow up( become mature) in your salvation now that you have tasted that the Lord is good." (1 Pt 2:2-3).

Some have but a short time between receiving Christ and their death. It doesn't matter. They began the process. It doesn't matter how long they had to work out their salvation because, as Scripture says"...anyone who comes to God must first believe that He exists and that He rewards those who seek Him diligently." (Heb 11:6)

"Is there any thing in the name of church?"

Unequivically, absolutely, resoundingly NO.

1Jo 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Why so many churches? Rom 14:9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

Even the dead churches. Sorry could`nt resist l:

AMEN! Coconut
Ephesians 1:19-23
19*I pray that you will begin to understand the incredible greatness of his power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power 20*that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms. 21*Now he is far above any ruler or authority or power or leader or anything else in this world or in the world to come. 22*And God has put all things under the authority of Christ, and he gave him this authority for the benefit of the church. 23*And the church is his body; it is filled by Christ, who fills everything everywhere with his presence.

jiggyfly, how good to see you brother!

Isa 42:8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

God will not lend his glory to a building, a statue, or any idol made by the hands of man. His glory fills the heavens, His glory fills the earth. He is everywhere present and nowheres absent! He is present when we are walking, and listening when we are talking, there is nowheres you can travel on this earth, that He is not already there!

Christians must seek out fellowship with one another, we do not serve our Lord if we are not serving one another. If the only worship we offer is in raising empty hands to Him on Sunday morning we worship Him in vain! (thats His words too!) Multitudes are raising their hands in Sunday morning services (the ones who arnt to proud to do so that is), and singing pretty songs, and going thru the feel good motions of pretense of honoring HIM. In reality they do this to make themselves 'feel' good about the sorry self centered lives they are living all week. Self centered lives produce self centered worship, nothing more! Man has become an idol unto himself. God told us to worship Him by our service to one another!

Its not about me, its not about you, its not about what denomination we attend, its about HIM. Denominations are nothing, name tags are nothing, there is one name that matters, that name that is above every name! If we cling to our "denominations" and the "name" we have made for ourselves by our religious performances, we are stealing His glory. The word "christian" also means nothing, if we have`nt made Christ Lord of our lives.
Wether it be in a church-building, a house, or a barn, or on a forum, Its all about Him, all for Him, He is all, and He is worthy of our all! Glory to the LORD our God forever amen!