• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Is the Enemy Camped around You?

Discouragement can be as debilitating as any physical ailment. How can we overcome discouragement when it attacks?

John 14:1; “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.”

The Word of God is the Word on encouragement. When we are discouraged, we are to remember that God will revive us (Psalms 138:7). God has left us peace, not worry and fear (John14: 27). Even when we are pressed on by the world we can rejoice because we will not be destroyed (II Cor. 4:8-9). Take confidence today, in Philippians 1:6 it says, “Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.” Remember that the enemy may camp around those who believe but as we continue to seek after the Lord, He will hide us in a secret place. God will strengthen us as we wait on Him (Psalms 27:1-14). His Word is the cure for fear and doubt.

Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

PastorT:

The Lord recently spoke the word "courage" to my heart. (He has told me several times that He will take me "through.") He impressed upon my heart that I "shrink back."

Thank you for sharing scriptures of encouragement. I especially like 2 Corinthains 4:8-9.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie

Last edited:
It is better to think of the Scripture in Psalm 34:7-8, "The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them. O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him."

I like the beginning of James 4:6, "But he giveth more grace..." Grace is always there in our time of need and it will drive away discouragement. Grace is always sufficient.

Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

TDS52:

RE: Is The Enemy Camped Around You?

Please explain what you mean with regard to the application of grace to spiritual warfare. I do not know how to apply grace to spiritual warfare. Thank you for this courtesy.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie

Last edited:
Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Error..........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Last edited:
Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

TDS52:

James chapter four is talking about wars and fights among members.

I love grace. I want to learn more about grace. What am I missing? Is it God's divine love and protection?

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie

Last edited:
Grace is available and sufficient for all our needs...whether physical, mental, emotional or spiritual battles. Grace encircles every believer. Grace has been defined in acrostic forms... Great Riches At Christ's Expense or God's Righteousness At Christ's Expense. Grace is undeserved kindness and/or favor given to the believer, because God wants to give it to us, as He showed His love to us by allowing Christ to die in our stead. It is God's divine influence upon the believer's heart that manifests itself in the believer's life. It yields acceptance, favor, joy, pleasure, benefits, thankfulness and good gifts.

Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

TDS52:

Thank you.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie

Last edited:
Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Soldier of God:

I agree with the emphasis that you had placed upon God's Word.

RE: "BE STILL"
Yesterday I thought about how Jesus responded to the beheading of John the Baptist. Are you familiar with this passage of scripture? If so, what do you think we should learn about how Jesus dealt with the enemy? (Jesus went to a mountain when He learned of John's death. Satan met Jesus at the mountain.)

This is a good example of the Lord being still while the enemy was camped around Him. I learned that He kept His focus on why He was here and ministered to people. He did not allow the enemy to distract Him.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie

Last edited:
Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

burgeon said:
Soldier of God:

I agree with the emphasis that you had placed upon God's Word.

RE: "BE STILL"
Yesterday I thought about how Jesus responded to the beheading of John the Baptist. Are you familiar with this passage of scripture? If so, what do you think we should learn about how Jesus dealt with the enemy? (Jesus went to a mountain when He learned of John's death. Satan met Jesus at the mountain.)

This is a good example of the Lord being still while the enemy was camped around Him. I learned that He kept His focus on why He was here and ministered to people. He did not allow the enemy to distract Him.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie

I added what I had learned.

Last edited:
Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Spiritual Warfare:

John the Baptist was appointed to preach the coming of Jesus. Satan made public diplay of his death. Jesus kept his cool. He knew that He would soon have the victory over death. We need to keep focused!

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie

Last edited:
Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

PastorT:

What do you think about my post in regard to how Jesus responded to John's death?

This is a relative subject because it appeared that John the Baptisted was very discouraged.

You Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie

Last edited:
I like what David said in Psalms 23:5
You prepare a feast for me
in the presence of my enemies.
You welcome me as a guest,
anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings.

Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

John the Baptist was very discouraged:

1 "Now it came to pass, when Jesus finished commanding His twelve disciples, that He departed from there to teach and to preach in their cities.

2 And when John had heard in prison about the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples

3 And said to Him, 'Are you the Coming One, or do we look for another?'

4 Jesus answered and said to them, 'Go and tell John the things which you hear and see:

5 The blind see and the lame walk; the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear; the dead are raised up and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

6 And blessed is he who is not offended because of Me'" (Matthew I:1-6, NKJ).

It is not always so simple, my Brothers and Sisters.

Last edited:
Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

John the Baptist was the greatest prophet on earth.

"When the messengers of John had departed, He began to speak to the multitudes concerning John: What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken by the wind?

25 But what did you go out to see? A man clothed in soft garments? Indeed those who are gorgeously appareled and live in luxury are in kings' courts.

26 But what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I say to you, and more than a prophet.

27 This is he of whom it is written: 'Behold, I send My messenger before Your face, Who will prepare Your way before You.'

28 For I say to you, among those born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he" (Luke 7:22-28, NKJ).

Last edited:
Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

John the Baptist's Ministry (he had great courage):

1 "Now in the fiteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilate being governor of Judea, Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, his brother Philip tetrarch of Iturea and the region of Trachonitis, and Lysanias tetrarch of Abiliene,

2 while Annas and Caiaphas were high priests, the word of God came to John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.

3 And he went into all the region around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the remission os sins,

4 as it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet, saying:

5 The voice of one crying in the wilderness: Prepare the way of the Lord; Make His paths straight. Every valley shall be filled And every mountain and hill brought low; The crooked places shall be made straight And the rough ways smooth;

6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God'" (Luke 3:1-6, NKJ).

Last edited:
Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

"And all flesh shall see the salvation of God" (Luke 3:6, NKJ).

POWERFUL!

Last edited:
Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Jesus is the salvation of God:

16 "So He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read.

17 And He was handed the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when He had opened the book, He found the place where it was written:

18 'The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed;

19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.'

20 Then He closed the book, and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all who were in the synagogue were fixed on Him.

21 And He began to say to them, 'Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing'" (Luke 4:15-21, NKJ).

Last edited:
Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

John the Baptist preached about Jesus who is the salvation of God:

16 "So He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read.

17 And He was handed the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when He had opened the book, He found the place where it was written:

18 'The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed;

19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.'

20 Then He closed the book, and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all who were in the synagogue were fixed on Him.

21 And He began to say to them, 'Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing'" (Luke 4:15-21, NKJ).

Last edited:
Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Jesus (and his disciples) had the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy:

"Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.

And He said to them, I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.

Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the sprirts are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven" (Luke 10:17-20, NKJ).

Jesus kept his cool when Satan beheaded John the Baptist. He stayed focused on why He was here. He could have battled the enemy. He continued to preach the gospel of salvation. Remember, Isaiah prophesied that Jesus was anointed to preach the gospel of salvation (Luke 4:18)?

Last edited: