• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Is the bride of Christ Israel ?

Loyal
When look at the term "bride" concerning "Israel" or "the church" , or the "new Jerusalem" coming out of the sky, "bride is a symbolic term. " "Anthropromorphic". Inwhich only a "true child of GOD" has the "ability" to comprehend, for there are no. "Human" words to express the relationship of the type of one-ness relationship. But the human expression of this term is a Marital spouse, and the human race has completely destroyed and express the term meaning of "bride". And the Father has hid the true meaning to most. For the meaning was a "Mystery" but has been reveal to some, that are in christ jesus, and to many a false and deceptive meaning to most and not a meaning whatsoever to many.

When you read Scripture And see bride in realationship pertaining to GOD and you automatically think in a form of earthy "bride", it is a very, very poor example, of the relationship GOD is referring too! Bride has completely different expression pertaining to what GOD is expressing too, for bride that is expression on earth! The earth copy is a bad copy, and so much flawed in express meaning.

22The wives! to your own husbands subject yourselves, as to the Lord, 23because the husband is head of the wife, as also the Christ [is] head of the assembly, and he is saviour of the body, 24but even as the assembly is subject to Christ, so also [are] the wives to their own husbands in everything.

25The husbands! love your own wives, as also the Christ did love the assembly, and did give himself for it, 26that he might sanctify it, having cleansed [it] with the bathing of the water in the saying, 27that he might present it to himself the assembly in glory, not having spot or wrinkle, or any of such things, but that it may be holy and unblemished; 28so ought the husbands to love their own wives as their own bodies: he who is loving his own wife — himself he doth love; 29for no one ever his own flesh did hate, but doth nourish and cherish it, as also the Lord — the assembly, 30because members we are of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones; 31‘for this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined to his wife, and they shall be — the two — for one flesh;’ 32this secet is great, and I speak in regard to Christ and to the assembly; 33but ye also, every one in particular — let each his own wife so
22The wives! to your own husbands subject yourselves, as to the Lord, 23because the husband is head of the wife, as also the Christ [is] head of the assembly, and he is saviour of the body, 24but even as the assembly is subject to Christ, so also [are] the wives to their own husbands in everything.

25The husbands! love your own wives, as also the Christ did love the assembly, and did give himself for it, 26that he might sanctify it, having cleansed [it] with the bathing of the water in the saying, 27that he might present it to himself the assembly in glory, not having spot or wrinkle, or any of such things, but that it may be holy and unblemished; 28so ought the husbands to love their own wives as their own bodies: he who is loving his own wife — himself he doth love; 29for no one ever his own flesh did hate, but doth nourish and cherish it, as also the Lord — the assembly, 30because members we are of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones; 31‘for this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined to his wife, and they shall be — the two — for one flesh;’ 32this secret is great, and I speak in regard to Christ and to the assembly; 33but ye also, every one in particular — let each his own wife so love as himself, and the wife — that she may reverence the husband.
love as himself, and the wife — that she may reverence the husband.

1Therefore, if you have been raised with Christ, keep seeking the things that areabove, where Christ is, seated at the right
hand of God. 2[a]Set your minds on the things that are above, not on the things that are on earth. 3For you have died, and
your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory.

Set our minds on the things that are above, [and don't be deceived in setting our minds on earthly things]. Earhtly things are distractions. And we all fall into that trap, at a constant rate.

Let us beware.

Active
The bride is those who love Jesus...those who obey His Word...Those who have made themselves ready to be the bride.

Revelation 19:7 CJB
7 “Let us rejoice and be glad!
Let us give him the glory!
For the time has come for the
wedding of the Lamb,
and his Bride has prepared herself —

Loyal
1 Peter 2:9-10 But ye are an elect race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, that ye may show forth the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: (10) who in time past were no people, but now are the people of God: who had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Hebrews 8:9-10 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers In the day that I took them by the hand to lead them forth out of the land of Egypt; For they continued not in my covenant, And I regarded them not, saith the Lord. (10) For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel After those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, And on their heart also will I write them: And I will be to them a God, And they shall be to me a people:

Romans 10:12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek(Gentile): for the same Lord is Lord of all, and is rich unto all that call upon him:

Colossians 3:10-11 and have put on the new man, that is being renewed unto knowledge after the image of him that created him: (11) where there cannot be Greek(Gentile) and Jew, circumcision and uncircumcision, barbarian, Scythian, bondman, freeman; but Christ is all, and in all.

the answer to my question, is the bride of Christ Israel, Jew and Gentile are fellow brothers and saints all part of the same body of Christ, why do so many make a distinction in their theology when it seems over and over and over again in God word it says there is no disctinction

Loyal
1 Peter 2:9-10
'But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people;
that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God:
which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.'

Hebrews 8:9-10
' Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt;
because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord;
I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:'

Romans 10:12
For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Colossians 3:10-11
'And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

The answer to my question, is the bride of Christ Israel, Jew and Gentile are fellow brothers and saints all part of the same body of Christ, why do so many make a distinction in their theology when it seems over and over and over again in God word it says there is no distinction.
Hello @Dave M.

The only place that there is no difference made between Jew and Gentile is 'in Christ'.

In Romans 10:12 that you reference, it says that there 'no difference' in regard to the fact that 'all have sinned and come short of the glory of God', and that the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon Him for salvation, So there is therefore 'no difference' in regard to the salvation of the individual who calls upon God for salvation. Praise God!

Yet God makes the distinction between Jew and Gentile throughout the Scriptures, for Israel is never to be counted among the nations, it is a nation apart, and must always remain so (Numbers 23:9). In Colossians 3:10-11, that you also reference, it is in relation to the new man, or the new nature that we receive 'in Christ' that there is neither Greek nor Jew etc., for Christ is indeed all and in all as Head of the Church which is His Body.

God makes distinction between the Church which is Christ's Body, the Bride, the Lamb's Wife, and with Israel itself, for they have differing inheritances, hopes and blessings associated with them; so to put them all together and deny any difference is to deprive ourselves of so much truth and insight into the wondrous mercy, love and grace of God, as it is expressed in these separate callings.

So, in answer to your question:- No, the Bride is not Israel, but it is called 'out of' Israel.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal
God makes distinction between the Church which is Christ's Body, the Bride, the Lamb's Wife, and with Israel itself, for they have differing inheritances,

hi Chris thanks for you reply, wondering if you could point the difference in inheritances ? and what do you do with the following scripture

Hebrews 9:15
Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.

Loyal
hi Chris thanks for you reply, wondering if you could point the difference in inheritances ? and what do you do with the following scripture

Hebrews 9:15
Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.
Hello @Dave M,

Thank you too, for responding.

There are three spheres of blessing for the redeemed:-

1) 'The earth' - (Matt. 5:5) - The Kingdom -[ Subject of the O T. and part of the New - Israel dominant]
2) 'Jerusalem which is above' - (Gal. 4:26) - The Bride - [Subject only of part of the N T - Both Jew and Gentile as seed of Abraham]
3) 'In heavenly places', 'far above all' - (Eph. 1:3 & 20-21) - The Body - [The Mystery - Subject of the prison epistles only. - Gentile especially]

Further proof of the reality of these three spheres of blessing can be found by a study of the teaching of the epistles in regard to the 'Adoption'.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Active
Hello @Dave M.

The only place that there is no difference made between Jew and Gentile is 'in Christ'.

In Romans 10:12 that you reference, it says that there 'no difference' in regard to the fact that 'all have sinned and come short of the glory of God', and that the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon Him for salvation, So there is therefore 'no difference' in regard to the salvation of the individual who calls upon God for salvation. Praise God!

Yet God makes the distinction between Jew and Gentile throughout the Scriptures, for Israel is never to be counted among the nations, it is a nation apart, and must always remain so (Numbers 23:9). In Colossians 3:10-11, that you also reference, it is in relation to the new man, or the new nature that we receive 'in Christ' that there is neither Greek nor Jew etc., for Christ is indeed all and in all as Head of the Church which is His Body.

God makes distinction between the Church which is Christ's Body, the Bride, the Lamb's Wife, and with Israel itself, for they have differing inheritances, hopes and blessings associated with them; so to put them all together and deny any difference is to deprive ourselves of so much truth and insight into the wondrous mercy, love and grace of God, as it is expressed in these separate callings.

So, in answer to your question:- No, the Bride is not Israel, but it is called 'out of' Israel.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Don't forget too, Eph 2 where God tells us how He is making of the Two peoples, One new man, You may want to read that chapter.

Loyal
Don't forget too, Eph 2 where God tells us how He is making of the Two peoples, One new man, You may want to read that chapter.
'That at that time ye were without Christ,
.. being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel,
.... and strangers from the covenants of promise,
...... having no hope, and without God in the world:
But now - in Christ Jesus
.. ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
.... For He is our peace,
...... Who hath made both one,
........ and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
.......... Having abolished in His flesh the enmity,
............ even the law of commandments contained in ordinances;
.............. for to make in Himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
And that He might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.'
(Eph 2:12-17)

Hello @Admon Mikha'el,

Yes, a wonderful chapter!

Within the church which is His Body, ' the fulness of Him that filleth all in all', both are made One Body in Christ Jesus their Lord and Saviour, for He is now their 'Head'. They are united and equal, for the Jew no longer has first place or a prior position. Christ is all and in all (Colossians 3:11).

The head in the human body, contains the brain which controls everything, enabling the body to function: to see, to hear, to taste, to reason, to understand and assimilate what the eyes see and hear, to walk and talk, to act and plan, As the Head of the Church which is His Body, He is indeed all in all to all to all it's members. He is working in us, to will and to do of His good pleasure, feeding and nourishing us, that we may grow and bear fruit to His glory. May His will be done, both in and through us, and may the prayer of Ephesians one and three be answered for each and every one of us, for His Name and Glory's sake.

Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal
Revelation 21:2
And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

The New Jerusalem
9 Then came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues and spoke to me, saying, “Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 10And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great, high mountain, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God, 11having the glory of God, its radiance like a most rare jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal. 12It had a great, high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and on the gates the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel were inscribed— 13on the east three gates, on the north three gates, on the south three gates, and on the west three gates. 14And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

the bride seems to be the New Jerusalem with the names of the Apostles and the tribes of Israel written on the walls and the gates. Interesting

Active
Revelation 21:2
And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

The New Jerusalem
9 Then came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues and spoke to me, saying, “Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 10And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great, high mountain, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God, 11having the glory of God, its radiance like a most rare jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal. 12It had a great, high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and on the gates the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel were inscribed— 13on the east three gates, on the north three gates, on the south three gates, and on the west three gates. 14And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

the bride seems to be the New Jerusalem with the names of the Apostles and the tribes of Israel written on the walls and the gates. Interesting
Dave, Ol Dave Please reread that scripture.....Prepared as/like a bride does not make her a bride....That is a comparison there. I'll take the time to show you that the bride is not Israel, not the new Jerusalem, but is the One new man mentioned in

Ephesians 2:13-17 King James Version (KJV)
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

Ephesians 2:13-17 CJB

13 But now, you who were once far off have been brought near through the shedding of the Messiah’s blood. 14 For he himself is our shalom — he has made us both one and has broken down the m’chitzah which divided us 15 by destroying in his own body the enmity occasioned by the Torah, with its commands set forth in the form of ordinances. He did this in order to create in union with himself from the two groups a single new humanity and thus make shalom, 16 and in order to reconcile to God both in a single body by being executed on a stake as a criminal and thus in himself killing that enmity.

Active
Dave, Ol Dave Please reread that scripture.....Prepared as/like a bride does not make her a bride....That is a comparison there. I'll take the time to show you that the bride is not Israel, not the new Jerusalem, but is the One new man mentioned in

Ephesians 2:13-17 King James Version (KJV)
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

Ephesians 2:13-17 CJB

13 But now, you who were once far off have been brought near through the shedding of the Messiah’s blood. 14 For he himself is our shalom — he has made us both one and has broken down the m’chitzah which divided us 15 by destroying in his own body the enmity occasioned by the Torah, with its commands set forth in the form of ordinances. He did this in order to create in union with himself from the two groups a single new humanity and thus make shalom, 16 and in order to reconcile to God both in a single body by being executed on a stake as a criminal and thus in himself killing that enmity.
Hmmm No, Dave, it would be better if you did the study....Eph 2:15 is the only direct mention of the one new man...but its all through the New Covenant....Treasure Hunt!!! Go for it Dave!! Carefully and prayerfully...It will be seen by the revelation of the Holy Spirit.

Loyal
This passage is posted above in other translations, but this puts plainly for me.

Eph 5:23; For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body.
Eph 5:24; But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything.
Eph 5:25; Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her,
Eph 5:26; so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,
Eph 5:27; that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless.

Rev 21:2; And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.

I don't think the church building or the building of the New Jerusalem is "the bride". I think it's the people inside these places. (believers/Christians)
Note that neither place has "Jews only".

Rev 21:27; and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Loyal
the gates has the 12 names of the tribes, could it be Israel opens the door to salvation for all
12It had a great, high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and on the gates the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel were inscribed

The walls have the name of the Apostles, could it be that the church is the foundation of salvation
14. And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

two roles yet one family, one bride? after all the apostles are all Jewish and from tribes yet are the founding fathers of the church.

Loyal
John 4:22; "You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews.

Jesus was a Jew (in His earthly body)
Rev 5:5; and one of the elders *said to me, "Stop weeping; behold, the Lion that is from the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has overcome so as to open the book and its seven seals."

At first Jesus said He only came for the Jews.

Matt 15:24; But He answered and said, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

But later in Jesus's ministry. He saw things about the Gentiles.

Matt 8:10; Now when Jesus heard this, He marveled and said to those who were following, "Truly I say to you, I have not found such great faith with anyone in Israel.
Matt 8:11; "I say to you that many will come from east and west, and recline at the table with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven;
Matt 8:12; but the sons of Israel will be cast out into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
"
Matt 8:13; And Jesus said to the centurion, "Go; it shall be done for you as you have believed." And the servant was healed that very moment.

A Gentile asked Jesus to heal someone. Jesus said He never saw this great of faith from anyone in Israel.
He goes to say people will come from the east and the west (other nations) to sit at the table with Abraham and Jacob.
But some of the Jews themselves won't make it to the feast. The sons of Israel will be cast out (not all of them).

Matt 22:5; "But they paid no attention and went their way, one to his own farm, another to his business,
Matt 22:6; and the rest seized his slaves and mistreated them and killed them.
Matt 22:7; "But the king was enraged, and he sent his armies and destroyed those murderers and set their city on fire.
Matt 22:8; "Then he *said to his slaves, 'The wedding is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy.
Matt 22:9; 'Go therefore to the main highways, and as many as you find there, invite to the wedding feast.'
Matt 22:10; "Those slaves went out into the streets and gathered together all they found, both evil and good; and the wedding hall was filled with dinner guests.
Matt 22:11; "But when the king came in to look over the dinner guests, he saw a man there who was not dressed in wedding clothes,
Matt 22:12; and he *said to him, 'Friend, how did you come in here without wedding clothes?' And the man was speechless.
Matt 22:13; "Then the king said to the servants, 'Bind him hand and foot, and throw him into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'
Matt 22:14; "For many are called, but few are chosen.
"

The Jews who were the original guests to be invited to this wedding, didn't want to come.
So they went out and found other people who weren't originally invited (the Gentiles) to come to the wedding feast.
(I believe many Jews will be there also)

Luke 20:12; "And he proceeded to send a third; and this one also they wounded and cast out.
Luke 20:13; "The owner of the vineyard said, 'What shall I do? I will send my beloved son; perhaps they will respect him.'
Luke 20:14; "But when the vine-growers saw him, they reasoned with one another, saying, 'This is the heir; let us kill him so that the inheritance will be ours.'
Luke 20:15; "So they threw him out of the vineyard and killed him. What, then, will the owner of the vineyard do to them?
Luke 20:16; "He will come and destroy these vine-growers and will give the vineyard to others."
When they heard it, they said, "May it never be!"
Luke 20:17; But Jesus looked at them and said, "What then is this that is written: 'THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED, THIS BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER stone'?
Luke 20:18; "Everyone who falls on that stone will be broken to pieces; but on whomever it falls, it will scatter him like dust."

The stone the builders rejected. Christianity was built on Judaism. But the Jews themselves rejected Jesus.

Matt 23:37; "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling.
Luke 13:34; "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, just as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you would not have it!

This was prophesied way back in Psalms.

Psa 118:22; The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief corner stone.
Matt 21:42; Jesus *said to them, "Did you never read in the Scriptures, 'THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED, THIS BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER stone; THIS CAME ABOUT FROM THE LORD, AND IT IS MARVELOUS IN OUR EYES'?
Mark 12:10; "Have you not even read this Scripture: 'THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED, THIS BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER stone;
Luke 20:17; But Jesus looked at them and said, "What then is this that is written: 'THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED, THIS BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER stone'?
Acts 4:11; "He is the STONE WHICH WAS REJECTED by you, THE BUILDERS, but WHICH BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER stone.
1Pet 2:7; This precious value, then, is for you who believe; but for those who disbelieve, "THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED, THIS BECAME THE VERY CORNER stone,"

Last edited:
Loyal
This passage is posted above in other translations, but this puts plainly for me.

Eph 5:23; For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body.
Eph 5:24; But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything.
Eph 5:25; Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her,
Eph 5:26; so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,
Eph 5:27; that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless.

Rev 21:2; And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.

I don't think the church building or the building of the New Jerusalem is "the bride". I think it's the people inside these places. (believers/Christians)
Note that neither place has "Jews only".

Rev 21:27; and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.
For the husband is the head of the wife,
.. even as - Christ is the head of the church: and He is the saviour of the body.
.... Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, -
...... so - let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Husbands, love your wives, -
.. even as - Christ also loved the church, and gave Himself for it;
,,.. That He might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
...... That He might present it to Himself a glorious church,
........ not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing;
.......... but that it should be holy and without blemish.
So - ought men to love their wives as their own bodies.
.. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
.... For no man ever yet hated his own flesh;
...... but nourisheth and cherisheth it, -
........ even as - the Lord the church:
Why?
.......... For we are members of His body, of His flesh, and of His bones.'

(Eph 5:23-30)

Hello @B-A-C,

Ephesians 5:23-27 is an illustration of the type of love that should characterise the love of a husband to his wife among the members of the Church which is His Body. This is the reason for it's inclusion.
* The Church which is His Body are members of His Body, and He is their 'Head', and corporately are described as 'a perfect MAN'. Not a 'Bride' or a 'Wife'.
* The Bride is another calling altogether, with a different hope in view.
* Jerusalem is likened to a bride in the Old Testament too, in Isaiah 49, 61 and 62.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Loyal
is not Israel that actually needs to be grafted back into the olive tree and not the church, making everyone one and the same. One flock under one shepherd

John 10:16
15. just as the Father knows Me and I know the Father. And I lay down My life for the sheep.
16. I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them in as well, and they will listen to My voice. Then there will be one flock and one shepherd.
17. The reason the Father loves Me is that I lay down My life in order to take it up again.…

what is the whole purpose of the God creation?? was it not to start the church and bring everyone under one shepherd the King Jesus. Salvation is not different for the Jews then the gentile.

I do not see the big distinction everyone makes, yet I can find many verse that say we are the same.

Loyal
can you expand on this, a "different hope"

thanks
Hello @Dave M,

'The Bride, the Lamb's Wife' (Revelation 21:9-27) is the New Jerusalem.

This is the hope of those of like faith as that of Abraham, who, though having an inheritance already as the Father of Israel, through Isaac, in the land; nevertheless looked for a better resurrection; and 'a city which hath foundations whose builder and maker is God'. (Hebrews 11:8-10), which is obviously The New Jerusalem, which will come down, ultimately, out of heaven to the the new earth. That better resurrection is referred to in Revelation 20:5-6: which is one of two resurrections associated with the 1000 year reign of the 'overcomers' of the great tribulation who were faithful even unto death, who are seen first in Revelation 6:9-11; they will reign with Christ in the first 1000 years of His reign. The Overcomers of other generations, men and women of faith such as that described in Hebrews 11, I believe, also looked for this 'better' resurrection (Hebrews 11:35); for on those the second death has no power (Revelation 2:11 & Revelation 20:6). The second resurrection spoken of in Revelation 21, takes place at the end of the 1,000 year reign. The twelve disciples will sit with Christ too, and judge the twelve tribes of Israel, as will the believing remnant of Israel

* This calling of 'The Bride' is the reward of the Faithful of each generation of Israel, and those who shared like precious faith as Abraham, during the Acts period ('Jerusalem which is above' Galatians 4:26)). The resurrection of the Just looked for by the faithful in Israel.

* The Church being called out since the departure of Israel into unbelief at the end of the Acts period, is called the Church which is His Body, the Fulness of Him that filleth all in all. Which has a hope distinct from that of Israel; and the faithful of Israel; for their inheritance, with it's associated 'spiritual' blessing.will be enjoyed where Christ is, 'far above all' (Ephesians 4:10 & Ephesians 1:21) in the Heavenlies, in Christ Jesus (Ephesians 1:3).

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris