• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Is it wrong for christians to play with action figures?

Im talking christians of any age 15, 25, 30, 40, 50-- not just kids.
Please give me your best explanation and why. and try to keep it according to the Bible. Thank you. :)

Hello there ReborninChrist
Please give me your best explanation and why. and try to keep it according to the Bible. Thank you. :)
Hello there!
2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. " Comes to mind. What i feel from the Holy Spirit is we are brand new. Meaning there is no pleasure in playing with action figures anymore and for me playing video games anymore. Yes, we are human and its hard to overcome this desire but JESUS can help and make it easier. What motivates you? what moves you? why do you like to play action figure?
-Your brother in Christ

Loyal
You might also look at Colossians 3:17 "And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. "

Their land also is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made. Isaiah 2:8

I think action figures are small idols. We are not to have anything to do with them.

It is not wrong to play with action figures. Idolatry runs deeper and more spiritual. Of course, it is not good to be greedy or to place the importance on the toys above God and His will and kingdom, but it is not wrong either to have fun.

It is not wrong to play with action figures. Idolatry runs deeper and more spiritual. Of course, it is not good to be greedy or to place the importance on the toys above God and His will and kingdom, but it is not wrong either to have fun.
Action figures are generally in the image of demons and it is not wise to play with anything in the image of a man. Do you think satan is going to let you have innocent fun without it being a trap of some kind? Remember if it is not of God, it is of the devil. There is no gray area. Satan wants to destroy us at every turn and using his property gives him legality in our lives. What men hold in high esteem is worthless to God, and what men think is no big deal is of great importance to God.