• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Is it sin to charge interest (unsury)?

Brethren..never charge interest to your fellow Christians...it is totally sin...the bible prohibited it strictly...of course we can charge interest to non christians so that to keep make our businesses alive, but never charge to our fellow Christian..consider you charge interest to your mother or father...how do you feel?...obviously you must be feeling bad for that act...so to your fellow Christians... so IS IT SIN TO CHARGE INTEREST?...The simple answer is YES. God Bless

Active
Actually.. that's false.

If thou lend money to any of My people, even to the poor with thee, thou shalt not be to him as a creditor; neither shall ye lay upon him interest. Take thou no interest of him or increase; but fear thy God; that thy brother may live with thee.

Is it just to charge one man usury, and not the other? For both are men, one of the faith and the other in need of the faith--shall I deal favorably with the former and prudently with the latter? If I had a business that could only sustain itself on interest, then I would not make personal lending a profitable operation, but a gifting operation. Truthfully, I wouldn't make money lending a business at all, as it seems inherently contrary to the faith.

Loyal
Pro 19:17 Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will repay him for his deed.

God himself becomes a debtor to those who give unto the poor and he pays them back.

Loyal
Actually.. that's false.

If thou lend money to any of My people, even to the poor with thee, thou shalt not be to him as a creditor; neither shall ye lay upon him interest. Take thou no interest of him or increase; but fear thy God; that thy brother may live with thee.

Is it just to charge one man usury, and not the other? For both are men, one of the faith and the other in need of the faith--shall I deal favorably with the former and prudently with the latter? If I had a business that could only sustain itself on interest, then I would not make personal lending a profitable operation, but a gifting operation. Truthfully, I wouldn't make money lending a business at all, as it seems inherently contrary to the faith.
You lend money to people whom you think can probably pay you back, with no interest to christian brothers and sisters. As for the poor, you dont lend them money, you GIVE them money or material goods. Lending money to people who are too poor to pay you back is foolish.

Active
You lend money to people whom you think can probably pay you back, with no interest to christian brothers and sisters. As for the poor, you dont lend them money, you GIVE them money or material goods. Lending money to people who are too poor to pay you back is foolish.

Hence I said gifting operation. :)