• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Is it immoral for a christian to wear black clothing if he has other clothing?

Loyal
@RebornInChrist -- Why do you ask about if wearing black is immoral if they have other colors. There Are those who wear dark clothes because they are somewhat depressed. There is a woman at church -- probably in mid-30's. She consistantly wears dark slacks / blue jeans and a dark tee shirt and sometimes a white top underneath that -- like the top of long-underwear. She goes to lots of Bible studies. And once she wore a short-sleeved flowered top. And dark tennis shoes. To me -- that signifies a psychological problem of some kind. That is all she ever wears.

So , yes, a Christian can wear any color they want to. But you Did ask for a reason.

@RebornInChrist -- Why do you ask about if wearing black is immoral if they have other colors. There Are those who wear dark clothes because they are somewhat depressed. There is a woman at church -- probably in mid-30's. She consistantly wears dark slacks / blue jeans and a dark tee shirt and sometimes a white top underneath that -- like the top of long-underwear. She goes to lots of Bible studies. And once she wore a short-sleeved flowered top. And dark tennis shoes. To me -- that signifies a psychological problem of some kind. That is all she ever wears.

So , yes, a Christian can wear any color they want to. But you Did ask for a reason.
Ok thank you very much. Reason why I ask is because I have a bunch if clothes donated to me by family. I just wear what is afforded me and want to know what other Christians think about the topic..
I'm grateful for bot being naked most of all..

Loyal
@ RebornInChrist -- that makes sense. But I recall -- many decades ago -- my family experienced a house fire and over-night we lost everything. Clothes and all. For a while, all we had was what was donated or found at a second-hand store that was owned by some people at church. It was really old, out of style clothes but it was better than nothing. It wasn't all black. It was simply what was available. But as we were able to get resettled after the fire, I needed to start over with my own choices of clothes. So I started 'reinventing' myself and it felt good. Going through That experience is something that no one Wants to go through.

And Sometimes -- people think that a person with a mental illness should take whatever is offered and Sometimes that which Is offered -- well -- dark colored clothes don't really help. Colorful clothes Can lift our spirits. Not outlandishly Colorful -- but for a guy -- colors that match -- have some character.

As long as clothes are modest and fit comfortably -- the choice is up to the individual.

Active
Is it immoral for a christian to wear black clothing if he has other clothing?

WHAAAAT???? Of course not!!! I wear black pants with black suspenders almost every day, and throw on any 'ol shirt (short sleeves in the summer - which would be against "Pentecostal Holiness" clothesline holiness rules), Flannel in the winter, and a maroon jacket (my "Barney Coat") when it's cold. ANd if "other Christians" have a problem, they can insert it where the Sun don't shine!!!

Loyal
WHAAAAT???? Of course not!!! I wear black pants with black suspenders almost every day, and throw on any 'ol shirt (short sleeves in the summer - which would be against "Pentecostal Holiness" clothesline holiness rules), Flannel in the winter, and a maroon jacket (my "Barney Coat") when it's cold. ANd if "other Christians" have a problem, they can insert it where the Sun don't shine!!!
I laughed so hard i spit my tea out .

Loyal
@ Bill and Bob -- I didn't see anything that hilarious about the question. He was honestly inquiring.

Loyal
@ Bill and Bob -- I didn't see anything that hilarious about the question. He was honestly inquiring.
I wasnt laughing at the question, only to Bob's responce.

Some people get all wound up over " black " clothing .

We forget the Creator is greater than the creation.

Of course some people would say dancing is sinful to.

It just gets a little crazy.

ReborninChrist, dont let anyone fool you saying what colors to wear or dancing being sinful. Always set Jesus first in all you do, the Cornerstone of everyday life, and you will be fine.

Active
sometimes I am astounded at these kinds of questions which have the simplest answers (which I also was asking)

when I tried to be a christian I would evaluate everything through sin,
and now I evaluate everything through the social paradigm in front of me