• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Is It ENOUGH?

Is it enough to be hears of the word of God or should we be doers to be set in a good and strong foundation of LOVE and to be blessed?

In :love: of JESUS the Christ, Our LORD.
:love: Yeshua
:boy_hug:

Luk 11:28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

So my answer is a doer

I agree too Jesuslovesu.

Jesuslovesu I agree with your answer. AMEN

Jesuslovesu said:
Luk 11:28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

So my answer is a doer

Further MORE....

Further MORE....

They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. Titus 1:16

Yeshua said:
Is it enough to be hears of the word of God or should we be doers to be set in a good and strong foundation of LOVE and to be blessed?

In :love: of JESUS the Christ, Our LORD.
:love: Yeshua
:boy_hug:

Administrator
Staff Member
Amen Yeshua, excellent topic. The action proves the the talking (of a believer).

TRUTH speaks for itself. Its a matter of how we manifest it in our lives and glorify GOD with it.

Amen.....

Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. Now everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall. And so it was, when Jesus had ended these sayings, that the people were astonished at His teaching, for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.Matthew 7:24-29

In :love: of JESUS the Christ, Our LORD, the ONLY begotten Son of GOD.

Chad said:
Amen Yeshua, excellent topic. The action proves the the talking (of a believer).

TRUTH speaks for itself. Its a matter of how we manifest it in our lives and glorify GOD with it.

James 1:22 But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves.
James 1:23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror;
James 1:24 for {once} he has looked at himself and gone away, he has immediately forgotten what kind of person he was.
James 1:25 But one who looks intently at the perfect law, the {law} of liberty, and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer but an effectual doer, this man will be blessed in what he does(NASB)

Peace be with you,
John

Thanks you for giving testimony to God's Word, Chad.

Thanks you for giving testimony to God's Word, Chad.

And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. Revelations 12:10-11

In :love: of JESUS the Christ, Our LORD, the ONLY begotten Son of GOD.

Chad said:

cant give you any Scripture of how i know btu yes we shoudl also be setting a good example.. although sometimes we do not but we are forgiven but i think it is nessoserary.. to be doers of the Word of God also.. if we didnt then well look at what woudl be happening neighbours hating neighbours Satan ruling the earth. all the rest of it.. you get the point i hope.

Love Simon!!!

Yeshua said:
Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. Now everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall. And so it was, when Jesus had ended these sayings, that the people were astonished at His teaching, for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.Matthew 7:24-29

Notice both men heard the word. And the same storm came against both of them..I hear people say going thru the storm makes you strong.. But were both of these men strong?? No -we can see there was a completely different outcome. So what was the difference? One just heard the word of God but the other one DID what the Word said. Its what we DO in the middle of a storm that makes the difference. Be a DOER of the Word so you will be victoroius and remain strong or you will be defeated..

James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Faith comes by Hearing the word of God,
In order to do something for our loving father it requires Faith
To show your Faith it requires you to take Action ( Being a Doer)

Be Abundantly Blessed !

I appreciate that the beginning of this string was about LOVE---too many times it's so easy for the letter of the law to be the focus, and not the LOVE/kindness that leads us to repentance and to every good work. truly, the applications of the "faith w/o works", and "by their fruit", etc. just blows me away. By their fruits you shall know them, it's so simple isn't it? I've been getting something ingrained into my spirit recently, it's prett much a paraphrase of the Word:
"When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE them."
Thank you JESUS for Keeping it Simple. :)