• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Is it correct to call the Holy spirit "Lord"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Active
Exactly, the unseen Father bears witness of his powerless Son of man .
You keep calling Jesus powerless even after I gave you many scriptures saying he has all power.
If the father did not send him . then we simply would not have a testimony of the father. It would seem to make the work of faith or labor of Christ's love to no effect. . . dead.
Not sure what you are trying to say.
Two marks the witness of God greater than the witness of man, one.

The law of faith .The law not seen ;" let there be " and the testimony ."Not as I will Father but you the one with power" .
Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh. He didn't pretend to he really did it.
Jesus did the will of the Father with delight .Unlike Jonah dragged, kicking against the pricks all the way then desired to die because of his hard hearted hatred for other nations.
He didn't want the sinful people to be forgiven.
God is not served by human will as hands.
You keep saying that. God is not served by human hands means God doesn't need us to help Him, it doesn't mean we don't have to serve Him for our own good. We serve God by obeying.
He works in those yoked with Christ to strengthen us with his gospel of truth the armor of God. .
God works in those who are saved.
Philippians 2:13-14 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

Chapter 1 :3-6 informs us of our new confidence .Teaching us slow learners if he begun the good work he will continue to teach us as we decease and he increases . We have the open book the answers are within .The loving commandment is to study seeking his unseen approval. He brings to our mind other believers fellowship in the gospel.

You could even on a forum as this one. Two or three gathering together under the hearing of his labor of love. . . he is there working with them

Philippians 1:3-6 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you ,Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
No such thing as God working in sinners who don't repent and believe.

Active
You keep calling Jesus powerless even after I gave you many scriptures saying he has all power.

Yoked with the father Jesus had access to the power of the father. Living in a ethne vessel of death he none of his own . ( not as I will, but as thou wilt )

Matthew 26:39 And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt

Father not as I will but you the one with power. .Jesus did it with delight some murmur (what about me)

Philpians 2: 13-14 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
Do all things without murmurings and disputings

Why murmur rather than leap for joy as did Jesus . ?

Active
Yoked with the father Jesus had access to the power of the father. Living in a ethne vessel of death he none of his own . ( not as I will, but as thou wilt )
Jesus is God come in the flesh as a son.

Matthew 26:39 And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt

Father not as I will but you the one with power. .Jesus did it with delight some murmur (what about me)
Jesus came as a son to do his Father's will. Jesus' will was to do his Father's will.
Philpians 2: 13-14 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

I delight in obeying God.

Loyal
Jesus did it with delight some murmur (what about me)

Luke 22:44; And being in agony He was praying very fervently; and His sweat became like drops of blood, falling down upon the ground.
Matt 26:38; Then He *said to them, "My soul is deeply grieved, to the point of death; remain here and keep watch with Me."

I'm not sure Jesus was in "delight" at that moment.

John 2:14; And He found in the temple those who were selling oxen and sheep and doves, and the money changers seated at their tables.
John 2:15; And He made a scourge of cords, and drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen; and He poured out the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables;

I wonder if Jesus was "delighting" in that moment also.

Just curious, where does it say Jesus "leaped" for joy?

Last edited:
Loyal

Php 2:14; Do all things without grumbling or disputing;
Php 2:15; so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world,

Good Biblical advice. But do we take some things too literal sometimes? For example...

1Thes 5:17; pray without ceasing;

I can't take time to eat, or sleep or take a shower, or even post messages on TalkJesus because I am to pray "without ceasing".
I can't take time to read the Bible, or witness to other people, because I have to pray "without ceasing".

Active
Luke 22:44; And being in agony He was praying very fervently; and His sweat became like drops of blood, falling down upon the ground.
Matt 26:38; Then He *said to them, "My soul is deeply grieved, to the point of death; remain here and keep watch with Me."

He considered the suffering pure Joy trusting the will of the father who strengthened Jesus to finish the work . Joy as the fruit of the Spirit makes our hearts leap.

Jonah is the example of one that did murmur dragged kicking against the pricks all the way and wanted to die rather than God have mercy on the Ninevites

Leaping throughout the word of God is used to indicate a person has been born again

James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

Luke 1:44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Luke 6:23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

Song of Solomon 2:8 The voice of my beloved! behold, he cometh leaping upon the mountains, skipping upon the hills.

Active
Jesus received back the glory he had with the Father before coming to earth.

Whatsoever that can be attributed to us as sons of God is also attributed to Jesus our brother in the Lord except, Jesus was without sin

Yes the power of the father working in corrupted flesh typified as sinful. The Son of man like the moon reflected the glory of God , he had the treasure of the fathers power that worked in him just as it works in us today,.

2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Loyal
Hab 1:2; How long, O LORD, will I call for help, And You will not hear? I cry out to You, "Violence!" Yet You do not save.
Hab 1:3; Why do You make me see iniquity, And cause me to look on wickedness? Yes, destruction and violence are before me; Strife exists and contention arises.

I wonder if that could be considered "groaning"?

Exod 6:5; "Furthermore I have heard the groaning of the sons of Israel, because the Egyptians are holding them in bondage, and I have remembered My covenant.
Jdgs 2:18; When the LORD raised up judges for them, the LORD was with the judge and delivered them from the hand of their enemies all the days of the judge; for the LORD was moved to pity by their groaning because of those who oppressed and afflicted them.

The Lord was moved to compassion, because of their "groaning".

Psa 5:1; For the choir director; for flute accompaniment. A Psalm of David. Give ear to my words, O LORD, Consider my groaning.
Psa 12:5; "Because of the devastation of the afflicted, because of the groaning of the needy, Now I will arise," says the LORD; "I will set him in the safety for which he longs."
Psa 22:1; For the choir director; upon Aijeleth Hashshahar. A Psalm of David. My God, my God, why have You forsaken me? Far from my deliverance are the words of my groaning.

Often David prays with a lot of emotion, and sometimes groaning. Yet, He is called a man after God's own heart. I believe God wants to hear the cry of our heart.

Leaping throughout the word of God is used to indicate a person has been born again

Hmmm... perhaps, but none of those verses above say...

That Jesus Himself leap for Joy.

Loyal
Whatsoever that can be attributed to us as sons of God is also attributed to Jesus our brother in the Lord except, Jesus was without sin

Well, we aren't God, for another thing. We didn't always exist. We didn't create the universe and everything in it.

Active

Yes the power of the father working in corrupted flesh typified as sinful. The Son of man like the moon reflected the glory of God , he had the treasure of the fathers power that worked in him just as it works in us today,.

2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
All living have their own spirit. Jesus' spirit was and is always God the Father's Spirit.
Jesus is God the Father in heaven made visible with a body, and then come in the flesh on earth.

Jesus came in the LIKENESS of corrupted flesh, but was without sin.

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Active

John 2:14; And He found in the temple those who were selling oxen and sheep and doves, and the money changers seated at their tables.
John 2:15; And He made a scourge of cords, and drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen; and He poured out the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables;

I wonder if Jesus was "delighting" in that moment also.

Isaiah 11:2The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him—
the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding,
the Spirit of counsel and of might,
the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the Lord—
3and he will delight in the fear of the Lord.

Only those who love God and know the power of obeying His words know the delight in the fear of the Lord.

Active
All living have their own spirit. Jesus' spirit was and is always God the Father's Spirit.
Jesus is God the Father in heaven made visible with a body, and then come in the flesh on earth.

Jesus came in the LIKENESS of corrupted flesh, but was without sin.

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

All living have their own temporal spirit under the letter of the law .. a person must be born again or born from above as was the son of man Jesus. Jesus our brother in the Lord the first of many sons of God .

Romans 1: 3-4 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

What can be applied to us the same applies to Jesu the Son of man .Yet he knew no sin being empowered by God to both reveal his will to the Son of man and empower jesus to finish the demonstration to the glory of the unseen father.

Philippians 2: 13-14 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings

Again if applies to us it applies to the Son of man Jesus

Power (living )

Powerless (dead )

2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, (bodies of death) that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Active
All living have their own temporal spirit under the letter of the law ..
The Bible does not say we have a temporal spirit. You make up things a lot like that.
a person must be born again or born from above as was the son of man Jesus. Jesus our brother in the Lord the first of many sons of God .
A person must be born again, and it doesn't mean our spirit we had leaves us, some people were never under the law!
Romans 1: 3-4 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:
The seed of David according to the flesh, and Jesus' spirit according to God. That scripture tells us that Jesus' flesh is from his earthly father David, and his spirit is of God the Father's. Jesus' spirit within him that lived after the death of his body lived on and then raised himself, because his spirit is the Spirit of God the Father.
What can be applied to us the same applies to Jesu the Son of man .Yet he knew no sin being empowered by God to both reveal his will to the Son of man and empower jesus to finish the demonstration to the glory of the unseen father.
We are not God's children as Jesus was God's own son and that being God the Father Himself coming as a son.
God is our Father in that He gave us all our own spirit at our conception in our mother's womb, but Jesus' spirit is His Spirit.
Philippians 2: 13-14 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings
God works in those AFTER they are saved and receive the Holy Spirit, His Spirit, His son's Spirit.
God does NOT work in unrepentant unbelievers.
If He did, it would be the equivalent of God saving unbelievers!
God does NOT save unbelievers.
Again if applies to us it applies to the Son of man Jesus
Again, we are NOT God come in the flesh.

Active
The Bible does not say we have a temporal spirit. You make up things a lot like that.
The souls that sins under the letter of the law dies The body returns to the dust and the soul under the letter returns to the father .

A person must be born again, and it doesn't mean our spirit we had leaves us, some people were never under the law!
All are born under the law .

The seed of David according to the flesh, and Jesus' spirit according to God. That scripture tells us that Jesus' flesh is from his earthly father David, and his spirit is of God the Father's. Jesus' spirit within him that lived after the death of his body lived on and then raised himself, because his spirit is the Spirit of God the Father.
Jesus was in effect born again .

We are not God's children as Jesus was God's own son and that being God the Father Himself coming as a son.
God is our Father in that He gave us all our own spirit at our conception in our mother's womb, but Jesus' spirit is His Spirit.
A person must be born again

God works in those AFTER they are saved and receive the Holy Spirit, His Spirit, His son's Spirit.
God does NOT work in unrepentant unbelievers.
If He did, it would be the equivalent of God saving unbelievers!
God does NOT save unbelievers.
God works in those who haver no power to both reveal his will and empower them as he saves or the work of him saving . If he has begun the good work of salvation he our confidence will continue till the last day or last breath

Philippians 1: 6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Some murmur and complain that he does save the unregenerate

Philippians 2: 13-14 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

Active
The souls that sins under the letter of the law dies The body returns to the dust and the soul under the letter returns to the father .
All physical bodies that die return to dust, and the SPIRIT returns to the Father. Show the scripture that says the "soul" returns to the Father.
All are born under the law .
No, not all are born under the old law.
Jesus was in effect born again .
No way!
God works in those who haver no power to both reveal his will and empower them as he saves or the work of him saving . If he has begun the good work of salvation he our confidence will continue till the last day or last breath

Philippians 1: 6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Some murmur and complain that he does save the unregenerate

Philippians 2: 13-14 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
No such thing as God works in unbelievers!
No such thing as God working in the UNREPENTANT SINNERS.

Active
All physical bodies that die return to dust, and the SPIRIT returns to the Father. Show the scripture that says the "soul" returns to the Father.
I offered the spirit returns. The soul as the communication source between two walking in agreement that sins died. With our new born again spirit we re-establish two walking as one . You could say the new spirit provides a channel of communication as it is written.

Remember God is of one mind and he always does whatsoever his soul pleases . No man can turn him. He makes our heart soft, working with us yoked with him the labor can be lighter. (Job 23)

No, not all are born under the old law.
If you have flesh and blood that would qualify

He is called the first born of sons of God .We can see the testimony in Romans 1 , The Son of man having no power was empowered by the father who raised him to new life.

Jesus informed us his flesh profited for nothing but rather it is the unseen power of the word . Informing us the word of the Father is Spirt life giving where no life previously was . Many disciples who were hoping his flesh could profit walked away and followed Jesus no more.

No such thing as God works in unbelievers!
No such thing as God working in the UNREPENTANT SINNERS.

Ok if not where do they receive the faith needed to beleive God not seen?Did they use there own imganantion.?

God does all of the work of salvation working in us our load is lighter. If he began the good workof salvationhe willfisih it tillthe end .

Repentance is no less a work of God than would be salvation . Again there are two works of turnings or acts of repenting to complete forgiveness. One He turns the deaf. Having been given ears to hear His understanding they in turn can turn to him receiving the comfort then acknowledging the foolish acts .

The law of repentance..

Jerimiah 31:18-19 I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus; Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the Lord my God.Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my thigh: I was ashamed, yea, even confounded, because I did bear the reproach of my youth.

Active
I offered the spirit returns. The soul as the communication source between two walking in agreement that sins died.
Only the spirit lives on. A soul is a living physical body made alive by its spirit.
With our new born again spirit we re-establish two walking as one . You could say the new spirit provides a channel of communication as it is written.

Remember God is of one mind and he always does whatsoever his soul pleases . No man can turn him. He makes our heart soft, working with us yoked with him the labor can be lighter. (Job 23)
I think you are misusing that scripture.
If you have flesh and blood that would qualify

He is called the first born of sons of God .We can see the testimony in Romans 1 ,
Jesus came from heaven, he is not an adopted son as humans are.
The Son of man having no power was empowered by the father who raised him to new life.

Jesus informed us his flesh profited for nothing but rather it is the unseen power of the word .
No such thing in the scriptures. That is from your misunderstanding about the scripture where Jesus explains who LITERALLY EATING his flesh profits nothing.

Deal with this scripture and stop ignoring it.

John 6:63.

You want to be a teacher and defender of your beliefs, then do it.

When debating another and they reply to what you said, then you need to reply back to what they said.

Informing us the word of the Father is Spirt life giving where no life previously was . Many disciples who were hoping his flesh could profit walked away and followed Jesus no more.

Ok if not where do they receive the faith needed to beleive God not seen?Did they use there own imganantion.?
The Bible tells us where faith comes from.
It comes from hearing and being taught, persuaded and convinced.
Not from some supernatural implanting!
God does not save unbelievers!!!
You teach wrong when you say God makes people believe without their wanting, without their knowing, and without their ability!
Your way says God saves unbelievers when HE TELLS US HE SAVES THOSE WHO BELIEVE.

Active
I think you are misusing that scripture.
Explain how?
Jesus came from heaven, he is not an adopted son as humans are.
Jesus the Son of man came from earth he has a earthen body of death

He came to demonstrate the power work of the Father that worked in his earthen body .

Note. . (Power) life new spirit

Note. . . ( No power ) death, earthen body

When the demonstration of the lamb of God slain (the actual work) from the foundation of the world was over. The Holy Spirit informs us that some did know the working of Christ that did dwelling a body of death. When he disappeared we can know him that way no more forever mover . That window of opportunity lasted 33 years

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

God is not a man .

No such thing in the scriptures. That is from your misunderstanding about the scripture where Jesus explains who LITERALLY EATING his flesh profits nothing.

Deal with this scripture and stop ignoring it.

John 6:63.

You want to be a teacher and defender of your beliefs, then do it.

When debating another and they reply to what you said, then you need to reply back to what they said.

That parable drink the blood and eat the flesh It is not informing us LITERALLY EATING his flesh profits nothing. He said if you do not eat and drink then a person has no spirit life .

John 6:62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?

Jesus in effect said; what if I disappear out of sight ? Then he informed us His flesh or the flesh of any man to include himself profits for nothing.

John 6:63-66 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father. From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

Peter confirms it .

John 6: 67-68 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

He did not say you have the flesh of eternal life .

Status
Not open for further replies.