• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Is God still in the business of healing people today?

Years ago, it seemed like I had plenty of opportunities to pray for sick people in Jesus's name. God would instantly physically heal them or it would come very quickly after praying for them and for some it would not. I don’t think God chooses to love one person more than the other, but their journey through life may be different for them then what you have asked God for. Now, this doesn't mean you should stop praying for people when you don't see God heal them, because you may be the one God can use to work through for the Spirit to give the gift of healing in the next person you pray for. Know that belief in God to heal is more than the actual result of the healing, but it can open up to you and the recipient the knowledge of God in new way. God our healer! And then if they are not a believer it is a chance to share the gospel message with them.

The challenging part is finding those opportunities today to pray. I seen this coming for a while, but now it has fully planted itself in the church among so many also. What’s the problem? “Unbelief” especially in this area of healing, but the question is why? I believe it also affects our mission in Christ of bring the knowledge of God to a dying world.

I don’t have a problem with people looking for medical solutions to remedy their problems in fact I think it is smart, but the trust we place in others, the camaraderie found in doing it and the attention you can get from it has diluted our belief that God can really heal us. So, most church talk today after the weather, current events or gossip dominates around getting attention or having our conversations center around our sicknesses, diseases, aches and pains we have. This is especially true for the folks who are growing older that should be sharing testimonies of Christ healing in our bodies, but now "sicknesses" I notice is what many young people want to talk about too. Each having their own debilitation I guess to feel special or voice their own uniqueness. What I'm watching is not limited to physical, but a growing interest in finding the right pills to take to care of them emotionally.

So even though we pray for healing the prayers are now; God, give wisdom to the docs and guide the surgeon’s hands, instead of looking to God first to heal you and keep you healthy. And yes, that includes us cooperating with staying healthy, but that's a whole other subject. Remember this body we were given is a temple of the Holy Spirit. The blessing of permissibility and having plenty can be its own obstacle, enjoy that blessings and don’t abuse it.

I shared a few experiences in a video of my encounters with God’s healing. Let me tell you, I go often into prayer to ask the Lord for healing in my own body believing He will and many times He has, and for the times He hasn’t then I go seek the help I need which honestly is almost like never. I am most grateful for that and humbled. But I want Him to have the first place and my reliance to be on Him to take care of me. I think the pain from not doing so will be part of the judgment and this reckoning we have now entered and will intensify in the months and years ahead. You will have wished you had trusted Jesus to heal you and help you to live right.

Is it any wonder the power medical things have over us today? A power given to it to even alter our lives, locking us up, and stopping us from being social and productive because of our dependence on it. The mantra has become doc's please fix me instead of God please help me. There is a place for both may God reveal that to you.

Loyal
Yes God does heal through the gifts of faith, healings and working of miracles in the Spirit-filled church.
I have had many healings myself. Some instant, some over time. And some issues have not been healed.
But it is always a joy to offer prayer for a person, especially one not in the fold. God honours fervent prayer spoken in faith.

Yes God does heal through the gifts of faith, healings and working of miracles in the Spirit-filled church.
I have had many healings myself. Some instant, some over time. And some issues have not been healed.
But it is always a joy to offer prayer for a person, especially one not in the fold. God honours fervent prayer spoken in faith.
Amen, glad you are following in Jesus's footsteps, may God Spirit work through you mightily making yourself available to use. That is real encouraging to hear!

Active
I find it interesting how healing today is such an issue....Isaiah 53:3-5 By Jesus' stripes you are healed....1 Pete 2:24 By Jesus' stripes you were healed....Just these two verses alone (among dozens of others) say that you are the healed....Jesus healed you, by His blood 2000 years ago....What He did then is still as valid today as it was when He paid the price for that healing...You ARE the healed, and Satan has no right to put anything on you, and you have no right to accept it....(I'm speaking to the choir here) Its your responsibility to stand on that fact and to tell Satan what to do with his dis ease.

I find it interesting how healing today is such an issue....Isaiah 53:3-5 By Jesus' stripes you are healed....1 Pete 2:24 By Jesus' stripes you were healed....Just these two verses alone (among dozens of others) say that you are the healed....Jesus healed you, by His blood 2000 years ago....What He did then is still as valid today as it was when He paid the price for that healing...You ARE the healed, and Satan has no right to put anything on you, and you have no right to accept it....(I'm speaking to the choir here) Its your responsibility to stand on that fact and to tell Satan what to do with his dis ease.
Yes, what a wonderful promise. I can't wait to have our new bodies free of the decay of this fallen world and inflictions stemming from our own sinful choices and neglect. I believe God's best for us is to be healthy spiritually, emotionally and PHYSICALLY. I'm thankful for what Jesus did for us and the Spirit leading us into the knowledge of it.

Loyal
Yes, what a wonderful promise. I can't wait to have our new bodies free of the decay of this fallen world and inflictions stemming from our own sinful choices and neglect. I believe God's best for us is to be healthy spiritually, emotionally and PHYSICALLY. I'm thankful for what Jesus did for us and the Spirit leading us into the knowledge of it.
New bodies. That I look forward to -
Matt 22:28 In the resurrection, therefore, of the seven, whose wife will she be? For they all had her.”
22:29 But Jesus answered them, “You are wrong, because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God.
22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

Luke 20:34 And Jesus said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage,
20:35 but those who are considered worthy to attain to that age and to the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage,
20:36 for they cannot die anymore, because they are equal to angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.

definitely something to look forward to ... and well worth the trials and tribulations of this earthly life.

Active
and the cool thing is...the bodies that we wear now can be totally disease free now...strong, healthy and almost perfect

Active
Everyone needs the word, it is the life in us--the scriptures are not the only source of life, but one portion.

All of the word is useless unless carried.

Words make alive, and words kill, but it is our faith within our own selves that gives life to the word within us, and it is this light that heals us and those among us.

Active
Everyone needs the word, it is the life in us--the scriptures are not the only source of life, but one portion.

All of the word is useless unless carried.

Words make alive, and words kill, but it is our faith within our own selves that gives life to the word within us, and it is this light that heals us and those among us.
What? The Word was spoken, it came to pass and your faith had nothing whatsoever to do with it...You were not even saved because of your own faith....The only thing your faith was capable of was to trust Jesus and to appropriate HIS faith....Do you think your faith supported God in creation, in anything at all....as if God needs your support....Its His faith in us of which He gave us all the same amount.....Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Active
Provided that God gets all of the glory.
Actually my friend....Jesus provided the healing two thousand years ago..It's a done deal....Whether the person takes the credit (which would be foolish) or gives it to God where it belongs is moot...Healing and stealing the credit for it are two different issues. By Jesus strips you WERE healed..1 Pete 2:24 Its already done.

Active
What? The Word was spoken, it came to pass and your faith had nothing whatsoever to do with it...You were not even saved because of your own faith....The only thing your faith was capable of was to trust Jesus and to appropriate HIS faith....Do you think your faith supported God in creation, in anything at all....as if God needs your support....Its His faith in us of which He gave us all the same amount.....Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

^
Said my own faith is useless
Knows my faith, somehow
Uses God's creation against me
Tells me I'm useless to God
Considers all peoples' faith to be of the same amount

Friend, your post is littered with your own thoughts and your own feelings and your own insecurities about your faith.

Cheer up, heads up, better days will come if You let them.

Active
^
Said my own faith is useless
Knows my faith, somehow
Uses God's creation against me
Tells me I'm useless to God
Considers all peoples' faith to be of the same amount

Friend, your post is littered with your own thoughts and your own feelings and your own insecurities about your faith.

Cheer up, heads up, better days will come if You let them.
That is not what I said....The faith of man is too small, to weak to be of any good....The faith, not the person. God gave you HIS faith for you to use...To each person He gave the same measure of faith, the same amount...

Active
That is not what I said....The faith of man is too small, to weak to be of any good....The faith, not the person. God gave you HIS faith for you to use...To each person He gave the same measure of faith, the same amount...

No, I gave my self My faith.

Man's faith is by no measure too small. Please reconsider what you have said about faith, because this is how you see your own.