• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Is God ok with transgender people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loyal
are we in fact -- sinning?! Judging Others for their apparent inability to apply Scripture properly?

This might be best spoken to in another thread. But I can't really take time for it now. Too many irons in the fire. :)

Loyal
I know we've all been told "sin is sin." BUT - It does seem like there are different degrees of sin. Maybe the Catholic's do have it right after all.

I'm not necessarily against different degrees of sins, but is the penalty for some sins less than other sins?

I concede the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, and agree with you on it. So we can leave that one out of the discussion for now.
My personal conviction is that the "sin unto death" is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

But for all other sins....

Jas 2:10; For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all.
Rom 6:23; For the wages of sin is death,...

Rom 7:7; What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? May it never be! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except through the Law; for I would not have known about coveting if the Law had not said, "YOU SHALL NOT COVET."
Rom 7:8; But sin, taking opportunity through the commandment, produced in me coveting of every kind; for apart from the Law sin is dead.

Simply coveting is just as a bad as every other sin.

If we go by specific sins listed in the New Testament, it is still a pretty big list. This isn't a complete list, but a pretty good sampling I think.

1 Cor 6:9; Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
1 Cor 6:10; nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Gal 5:19; Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,
Gal 5:20; idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,
Gal 5:21; envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Rev 21:8; "But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

1 Thes 4:3; For this is the will of God, your sanctification; that is, that you abstain from sexual immorality;
1 Thes 4:7; For God has not called us for the purpose of impurity, but in sanctification.
1 Thes 4:8; So, he who rejects this is not rejecting man but the God who gives His Holy Spirit to you.

I think all other sins can be forgiven (except blasphemy of the HS and taking the mark of the beast). But having said that... even though murder, homosexuality,
adultery and sins like this can be forgiven...
I don't believe they are unconditionally forgiven. Repentance is required. You cannot keep doing these sins, you cannot keep practicing these sins.
I don't know if every Christian has to be perfectly sinless. I suspect many aren't. But we cannot let habitual sin control us. It cannot be a lifestyle.

Heb 10:26; For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
1 Jn 2:4; The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

Now... even though I agree Christians can sin, and be forgiven for these sins. Is it true that they "have" to sin. Is it possible some could "be perfect".

Active
@newname -- being 'gay' is being homosexual and it Is an abomination to God. He says it putrid to Him. He hates it.

People are attracted to other people -- it's not a sin. It's a sin when a person acts on that inappropriate attraction. Being Tempted is not sinning. Jesus Christ was tempted by satan but He rebuked him. Taking the second look Can be sinning -- or maybe simply not believing what you thought you saw and taking a second look and realizing that yes, that's what I Thought I saw. Ya don't keep on thinking about what you saw.

And some homosexual people have a hard time getting away from it. And it depends on what got them on the homosexual 'tract' in the first place. Sometimes it's because they've been sexually abused as kids. When little girls have been abused by a man or an older teenaged guy -- they can develop very strong negative feelings for men. They will - as a result - end up turning to women. They need help getting over the original abuse that messed them up. Being led to the Lord will obviously help. But often times even more help is needed for helping them understand the why's and wherefore's OF. Years ago I was attending a training session for a prison ministry. I got to know a woman who'd married a former homosexual man. The man had Had a partner for a long time but then got saved and was out of that life-style for a while. Got married -- but after some years -- he got to missing the guy. He went back to visit the guy, to see how he was doing. Ended up leaving his wife and went back to that homosexual relationship.

On the Other hand, there are those who are 'in your face homosexual' / have no problem cause they're convinced that they're born that way. And feel that They have as much right to Their happiness as do heterosexuals.

And then there are those who seem to have a good relationship with someone of the same sex and just want to live a quiet life.

And you're right -- no one Has to get married. It IS God's plan for family -- one man and one woman = having at least one child to complete their family. Though there are Christian couples who have fertility problems. They Want children so they try to adopt.

@Brother- Paul --are you suggesting that a believer can attain sinless perfection while here on earth? We Are to come to Him, accept Him, repentance is part of accepting Him. And Jesus Christ Did tell the woman who was caught in adultery to go and 'sin no more'. I've interpreted That to mean -- do not commit adultery again. That apparently was her sin. But chances are that she did live on to commit some other sin in her life.
I think its weird to call it all gay and sinners. That guy I mentioned lives holier than most hetero's.
I also have that with the word transgender. A transgender doesn't have to be a sinner. There was one on christian forums and everyone was nasty to her. I say her cause she wore a dress. She had no idea if she was a he or a she. Some ppl can't help it and are born like that, half male stuff and half female stuff. Nowadays they put those on drugs etc. to become one or the other.

Active
Michael Brown says homosexuality can't be from birth, but it can be. I saw a homosexual who was set free with T.B. Joshua and that demon entered with birth.

Loyal
I think its weird to call it all gay and sinners. That guy I mentioned lives holier than most hetero's.
I also have that with the word transgender. A transgender doesn't have to be a sinner. There was one on christian forums and everyone was nasty to her. I say her cause she wore a dress. She had no idea if she was a he or a she. Some ppl can't help it and are born like that, half male stuff and half female stuff. Nowadays they put those on drugs etc. to become one or the other.

Here in the US, the word "gay" used to mean "happy and care-free". The homosexuals picked that word out for themselves, we didn't assign it to them.
Everyone is born with either XX or XY chromosomes. There has never been anyone with both. Also even though some people are born with both types of genitalia,
there has never been a case where both genitalia worked. (No one can get themselves pregnant).

These people are called hermaphrodites. This is different from being transgender. These people born are very obviously as a male or female, but choose to be another sex.
Sometimes this is simply by adopting masculine or feminine ways, but many times it is done by surgical manipulation. Physical changes in anatomy, and yes sometimes hormone
drugs as well. But even when this is done, they haven't truly changed their gender. Their chromosomes still remain XX or XY however they were born,
They still do not have a working uterus, and still cannot create babies.

Being born as a hermaphrodite isn't a sin in itself. However being born as a man who then later wants to become a woman is. It's the same for being born as a woman who
wants to become a man. God has a specific plan for us all. He made us all specifically to fulfill His plan. But it seems some people do their best to make their own plans.

Loyal
Michael Brown says homosexuality can't be from birth, but it can be. I saw a homosexual who was set free with T.B. Joshua and that demon entered with birth.

You might want to read a thread here on TalkJesus. "What if I'm born gay?". It's at the top of this page. It has since been closed for comments, but all of this was covered
in that thread.

Active
I think someone can become homosexual when the parents couldnt care less. A niece from my ex is lesbian. They kicked those demons out of her and then she was straight and didnt have these feelings anymore, but then she started to live together w a guy and now she's lesbian and married. She never really followed God. It doesnt work with just kicking out a demon. The parents got her when they were 16. Sex before marriage. Never kicked these unclean demons out. Just let em go to the kid.

Lesbian activis Camille Paglia said,

“Homosexuality is not normal. On the contrary it is a challenge to the norm. Nature exists whether academics like it or not. And in nature, procreation is the single relentless rule. That is the norm. Our sexual bodies were designed for reproduction. No one is born gay. The idea is ridiculous. Homosexuality is an adaptation, not an inborn trait.” — Lesbian activist and writer Camille Paglia

Loyal
Gay is not a sin. I know a guy who says he's a gay christian. I don't understand why he calls himself that. He's reborn. He was an active homosexual, got saved and he said first he sometimes got filthy thoughts when he saw a guy, but he learned how to reject that and he barely gets these thoughts anymore. He's just not attracted to women. I think he has the gift from Paul. It's not a must to marry.

Gay is not a sin, you are correct, the term is not the sin. Homosexuality, Lesbianism, and any sex not between a man and woman 'who are married' is sin.

In fact scripture confirms if we look at someone and have sexual thoughts, we have already sinned in our heart.

You say, Gay is not a sin. I know a guy who says he's a gay christian, you know this males the devil is roaring with laughter. Why are you believing what another person says, and Not what God says in scripture? You ask a person who is sinning, rather than God's Eternal Word.

So many in the LGBTQ+ consider homosexuality and the like are not sin, even those who have been saved, God has given them over to their debase actions, they are rejecting God's Holy Word, the Truth in His Word, to suit their own actions and make it acceptable in their minds.

This subject has been well covered in many threads, the LGBTQ+ group say it is not sin, those who confess to believe quote we are free from the Law, so as to omit Leviticus, they quote we are saved by Grace through Faith, which is correct. But they do not accept all the other scriptures that starting with Adam and Eve, God created man and woman, to marry and have children, marriage was created by God for man and woman only. They fail to see the warnings in the Gospels, beware a time is coming that will be as the days of Noah, just look at the actions and punishments of Sodom and Gomorrah, look at Lot and his wife. Then look at the New Testament,

Matthew 19:4-5
He answered, Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Romans 1:26-28
For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.

Romans 1:29-32
They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Though they know God's decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

1 Timothy 1:10
The sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine,

Jude 1:7
Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

1 Timothy 9-10

Understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine,

The choice is simple:
So we can listen to others in the world who are more likely to tell us what is acceptable because it suits there ways, or we can accept God's Word.

There are also two situations to further consider.

1 - the unbeliever who sins, no matter what sins, can come to God through Jesus and be saved, at that point all past sins are wiped away and remembered no more. But, they are to go and sin no more

2 - the saved believers is tempted and falls into the acts God tells us are sins, they can be forgiven, but must turn and sin no more. If they don't stop the following is clear

For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

And all other scriptures, above are just a few of the many warning.

The choice is simple

Loyal

We are not born homosexual or lesbian, the LGBTQ+ have tried to say for some time they can be born that way, it is in their genes etc. Scientist carried out tests from a large number of these people and have confirmed there is no gene in the human body to confirm this as true, the deceiver of souls is at work, twisting minds so that people do not believe God's Word which is very clear.

Temptation is not a sin, doing the act is, even thinking about sex with another, other than an husband with a wife and a wife with her husband, anything else is sin if done or thought.

People will tells us what they want us to believe, this includes friends, work colleagues, church goers, ministers, etc.

We have two choices, accept what they say or look in up in the Bible and see if it is right.

Be wise as serpents and harmless as dove, be on your guard at all times, the devil is prowling like a raging lion, looking for the next person to devour with his lies.

Loyal
Lesbian activis Camille Paglia said,

“Homosexuality is not normal. On the contrary it is a challenge to the norm. Nature exists whether academics like it or not. And in nature, procreation is the single relentless rule. That is the norm. Our sexual bodies were designed for reproduction. No one is born gay. The idea is ridiculous. Homosexuality is an adaptation, not an inborn trait.” — Lesbian activist and writer Camille Paglia

I totally agree and scripture is very clear

Gay is not a sin, you are correct, the term is not the sin. Homosexuality, Lesbianism, and any sex not between a man and woman 'who are married' is sin.

In fact scripture confirms if we look at someone and have sexual thoughts, we have already sinned in our heart.

A short list of some of the scriptures regarding this Truth in post #110

Bless you

Loyal
I think someone can become homosexual when the parents couldnt care less. A niece from my ex is lesbian. They kicked those demons out of her and then she was straight and didnt have these feelings anymore, but then she started to live together w a guy and now she's lesbian and married. She never really followed God. It doesnt work with just kicking out a demon. The parents got her when they were 16. Sex before marriage. Never kicked these unclean demons out. Just let em go to the kid.

It sounds like you believe that homosexuality is caused by demons ?! I do realize that you're sharing that in all seriousness -- but there Are those who blame things on 'the devil made me do it'

And some lesbianism Can be from an over-zealous mother and a laid-back father. Or maybe the father is gone a lot on business trips and so doesn't have much interaction with his kids. I do know of one family who's father was gone a great deal and the mother was raising 4 kids on her own. They were a Christian family. One of the daughters turned to lesbianism -- they got married and the daughter of my friend had their children. The 'partner' knew that her mother didn't approve of their 'marriage' and stayed away when her ' partner's' mother was around. The mother / grandmother/ would baby-sit the kids because her daughter gave birth to them and wanted to have a good positive role model for them. Eventually her daughter Did start 'coming around' because of some reading material her Mother gave her.

So there are all sorts of situations that will end up 'causing' lesbianism/ homosexuality in a person. It can happen in Christian families just as well as non-saved families. That doesn't excuse it at all. It Does indicate that we live in a fallen world. Satan takes advantage of every situation that he can.

Many years ago Society even frowned on living together without marriage and homosexuality was evil. The farther away from God / His Word / we get -- the more appealing sin is and 'we' are told to tolerate all things in the name of 'love'.

Loyal
Everyone is born with either XX or XY chromosomes. There has never been anyone with both.
Just a scientific fact check. Some males are born with an extra chromosome. XXY

Active

You say, Gay is not a sin. I know a guy who says he's a gay christian, you know this males the devil is roaring with laughter. Why are you believing what another person says, and Not what God says in scripture? You ask a person who is sinning, rather than God's Eternal Word.

So many in the LGBTQ+ consider homosexuality and the like are not sin, even those who have been saved, God has given them over to their debase actions, they are rejecting God's Holy Word, the Truth in His Word, to suit their own actions and make it acceptable in their minds.

This subject has been well covered in many threads, the LGBTQ+ group say it is not sin, those who confess to believe quote we are free from the Law, so as to omit Leviticus, they quote we are saved by Grace through Faith, which is correct. But they do not accept all the other scriptures that starting with Adam and Eve, God created man and woman, to marry and have children, marriage was created by God for man and woman only. They fail to see the warnings in the Gospels, beware a time is coming that will be as the days of Noah, just look at the actions and punishments of Sodom and Gomorrah, look at Lot and his wife. Then look at the New Testament,

Matthew 19:4-5
He answered, Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Romans 1:26-28
For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.

Romans 1:29-32
They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Though they know God's decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

1 Timothy 1:10
The sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine,

Jude 1:7
Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

1 Timothy 9-10

Understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine,

The choice is simple:
So we can listen to others in the world who are more likely to tell us what is acceptable because it suits there ways, or we can accept God's Word.

There are also two situations to further consider.

1 - the unbeliever who sins, no matter what sins, can come to God through Jesus and be saved, at that point all past sins are wiped away and remembered no more. But, they are to go and sin no more

2 - the saved believers is tempted and falls into the acts God tells us are sins, they can be forgiven, but must turn and sin no more. If they don't stop the following is clear

For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

And all other scriptures, above are just a few of the many warning.

The choice is simple
Why I believe him was because he said God changed him and he told practicing homosexuals and one guy who pulled him into it, that they had to convert and it was disgusting. He just still isn't attracted to women. So what? There were eunuchs. I would just not call myself gay if I were him, because then ppl assume all sort of stuff.

Active
It sounds like you believe that homosexuality is caused by demons ?! I do realize that you're sharing that in all seriousness -- but there Are those who blame things on 'the devil made me do it'

And some lesbianism Can be from an over-zealous mother and a laid-back father. Or maybe the father is gone a lot on business trips and so doesn't have much interaction with his kids. I do know of one family who's father was gone a great deal and the mother was raising 4 kids on her own. They were a Christian family. One of the daughters turned to lesbianism -- they got married and the daughter of my friend had their children. The 'partner' knew that her mother didn't approve of their 'marriage' and stayed away when her ' partner's' mother was around. The mother / grandmother/ would baby-sit the kids because her daughter gave birth to them and wanted to have a good positive role model for them. Eventually her daughter Did start 'coming around' because of some reading material her Mother gave her.

So there are all sorts of situations that will end up 'causing' lesbianism/ homosexuality in a person. It can happen in Christian families just as well as non-saved families. That doesn't excuse it at all. It Does indicate that we live in a fallen world. Satan takes advantage of every situation that he can.

Many years ago Society even frowned on living together without marriage and homosexuality was evil. The farther away from God / His Word / we get -- the more appealing sin is and 'we' are told to tolerate all things in the name of 'love'.
It doesn't matter how it was caused. Because of that an unclean demon could give em those feelings, is what I believe. People got set free when an unclean demon was kicked out. One got a revelation that his old nature died with Jesus. Hetero sexual thoughts outside of marriage is also caused by unclean demons. That's of course not an excuse, but ppl need to get help if they want it. I talked to some Dutch reformed homosexual guys. They said they yelled out to God to change them when they were 16 or so, but those churches don't believe you can kick out demons and didn't help em, so I can't entirely blame them. Come on now, those christian parents should have dealt with that a lot earlier. But they're now to a 6 y o like: oh you feel you're a girl? Lets change you. Oh you're homosexual? Be yourself. Lets encourage it.

Loyal

In this world we don't have to look far to find a reason for things.

Some parents had a boy and wanted him to be a girl, some the other way round, so they are influenced by the parent who treats a boy like a girl and a girl like a boy.

Their minds are framed with warped ideas from the start.

Without listing more and more, is it not clear that the enemy of souls is the reason, everything he does is to stop sinners coming to Christ, and he will do anything.

Marriage (the most important thing to God after our salvation and love) is one of the first he hits, families are split and torn apart, it is just another way of doing the opposite to God's will. The enemy of souls knows full well, if we are fighting amongst ourselves, we are not looking at God, and His Word.

I would say that it was not that many years ago Sue, that society didn't accept living together without getting married.

Everything has got worse since 1948, the 1960's and 1970's saw an explosion of free will, free sex, free speech, etc. Every decade has worsened, just like Jesus told us, these along with hard hearts, children being disobedient to parents, wars and rumours of wars, increase in earth quakes, pestilences, famine, raging waters, etc etc. They are the birth pains, increasing year on year.

Will it get worse, you bet, it has, it is, it will and it is accelerating as the birth pangs start to become ore intense.

The devil is the cause, sin is the result, the deceiver of souls is working in the world, it appears he has domain. It appears, and it is only for a short time.

Thanks be to God, In Jesus Name. Amen

Loyal
Why I believe him was because he said God changed him and he told practicing homosexuals and one guy who pulled him into it, that they had to convert and it was disgusting. He just still isn't attracted to women. So what? There were eunuchs. I would just not call myself gay if I were him, because then ppl assume all sort of stuff.

The word is homosexual, the Bible condemns it. Gay & LGBTQ+ is the umbrella they are all under.

Status
Not open for further replies.