• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Is God in Everyone?

Is there a bit of God in every person, saved and unsaved? I know Jesus came to save every soul, and every person has the ability to be saved and know God.... but that's where it becomes our decision whether to believe or not.

I guess I'm wondering why unsaved people make moral decisions.... does that indicate some aspect of God within them? Because it seems if your life is truly controlled by evil then almost everything you do will be evil.

And I'm not saying that every decision an unsaved person makes is moral, but I have friends that aren't Christian, but they are good people. Like one person I know is very "Christian" in her lifestyle. She is ambitious and does well in school; she obeys her parents; doesn't drink or smoke or swear; believes in chastity and commitment/monogamy in marriage and dating; doesn't agree to a lot of the sinful music and media of today's world; is nice to pretty much everybody, even people that are mean and make fun of her... and that's just the beginning. She's been going to church and youth groups, and we have many mutual Christian friends.... but she isn't Christian (she's interested though i think). But anyway, how can some people be so "Christian" in their lifestyle but not be a Christian?

And the same conversely. How can someone who calls themselves Christian be so immoral and horrible? I've known a few mean Christian's in my life; and even I, before being reborn, called myself Christian and I was a lot worse than my non-Christian friends.

So is there a bit of God in everybody.What is it that leads us to be good people and to do good? All good is from God just like all bad is from Satan right?

Active

RJ

Is there a bit of God in every person, saved and unsaved? I know Jesus came to save every soul, and every person has the ability to be saved and know God.... but that's where it becomes our decision whether to believe or not.

I guess I'm wondering why unsaved people make moral decisions.... does that indicate some aspect of God within them? Because it seems if your life is truly controlled by evil then almost everything you do will be evil.

And I'm not saying that every decision an unsaved person makes is moral, but I have friends that aren't Christian, but they are good people. Like one person I know is very "Christian" in her lifestyle. She is ambitious and does well in school; she obeys her parents; doesn't drink or smoke or swear; believes in chastity and commitment/monogamy in marriage and dating; doesn't agree to a lot of the sinful music and media of today's world; is nice to pretty much everybody, even people that are mean and make fun of her... and that's just the beginning. She's been going to church and youth groups, and we have many mutual Christian friends.... but she isn't Christian (she's interested though i think). But anyway, how can some people be so "Christian" in their lifestyle but not be a Christian?

And the same conversely. How can someone who calls themselves Christian be so immoral and horrible? I've known a few mean Christian's in my life; and even I, before being reborn, called myself Christian and I was a lot worse than my non-Christian friends.

So is there a bit of God in everybody.What is it that leads us to be good people and to do good? All good is from God just like all bad is from Satan right?

All good is from God, you're right. Christ created all things and good abounds because of it. What good that comes from every man, saved or unsaved is of God, but that is not the fruit of God or God inside us.

Jesus came to fulfill they law, not to condemn the world but save it, but more or as much, he came from Heaven to Earth not so much to get us out of Hell and into Heaven, he came down from Heaven to Earth to get inside of us.

The Bible says that that John The Baptist baptizes with water but Jesus Christ baptizes with the Holy Spirit.
To see the Kingdom of God, Jesus told Nicodemus that you must be "Born Again" or Born of the Holy Spirit.

The moment that you are saved, God indwells you with his Holy Spirit and you are "Born Again" and the only time that God is in you and you start to produces his fruit.

Last edited:
God Only dwells in HIS children!
But the called can hear Him also!

All the Elect were called of the LORD! But not all called become children of the LORD!

Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

1Pe 5:10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

1Th 2:4 But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.

So is there a bit of God in everybody?

While we are made in God's image, the answer to your question is "No, there is not a bit of God in everyone". What you're talking about smacks of pantheism, which says that God is in everything.

What is it that leads us to be good people and to do good? All good is from God just like all bad is from Satan right?

Each of us has a conscience, that still small voice through which God whispers to us. And there are indeed many good people who listen to their consciences as to what is right and what is wrong. But, you must remember that "all our righteous deeds are like filthy rags" (Is 64:6 NIV). We cannot earn heaven. That's why Christ came to earth to purchase our redemption with His blood (see Jn 3:16-17) and I am sooooo grateful for that!.

SLE

Last edited:
No one can "choose" to believe in god or that christ is lord and the only way to salvation. Rather it is GRANTED that we believe Philippians 1:29. Jesus said "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day. John 6:44. You are right in that there are GOOD people who don't believe in god or accept Christ. But salvation is not attained by our "being good" if that was the case then faith in Christ would be useless therefore a "good" person would save themselves by how good they are or how many good works they do. Remember that the goodness that peoole usually have can never meet the standard of god, thus faith in Christ becomes necessary. "unsaved" people make moral decisions because gods moral law is written on theirs/our hearts. People can be good without BELIEF in god but not good enough to be saved without faith in Christ.

Last edited:
Last day is OUR last day on earth! soon as we leave this body ,we go Home ,New Jerusalem !

2Co 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

God has planted evidence of His existence in the very nature of man by his reason and moral dictates ………..(Romans 1:18-21) It’s not that He is IN a person but He has given evidence to every person of His existence. He is only IN the believer - the true believer not the self righteous hypocrite, false teacher, false preacher etc.

Some refuse this evidence and verse 22 to the rest of the chapter explains God’s giving them over to the lusts of their hearts etc. Chapter 2 :1-16 give no excuse to anyone.

His mercy is great also for those going to hell. He blinds some who will not come to Him so that their punishment won’t be as great. For example if they knew more of His word and rejected that also they would be judge more harshly. They will go to hell for rejection of His word, rejection of Christ, but their punishment won’t be as great as say for example the false teacher who is suppose to know but rejects and rebels against God anyway. (Luke 12:41-48; Matthew 25:41)

Any ‘good’ that these people do won’t count if they have decided to reject Christ who is the only way to heaven. No one can get or be ‘good enough’ on their own. And yes, I also know a lot of unsaved people who sometimes act a whole lot better than some of those who call themselves Christian and live like the devil.

The ‘good’ that is in an unsaved person is, I believe, the evidence God’s placed in everyone of His existence. I have a ‘good’ little atheist neighbor of mine who isn’t afraid to help someone down and out. (she is now agnostic so there is hope…. And continued prayer for her) But the two lovely Christian ladies down the street can’t bend to help someone stuck in a mud puddle of life tattering on a slippery slope cause they might get their pretty little white denims dirty. (continued prayer for these two as well, God can and does save the hypocrites as well when their eyes are wide open and they finally come to Him)

Who knows, maybe all three of them will come to understand that we all are just filthy dirty rotten little sinners that only Christ can make white as snow. :wink:

God has planted evidence of His existence in the very nature of man by his reason and moral dictates ………..(Romans 1:18-21) It’s not that He is IN a person but He has given evidence to every person of His existence. He is only IN the believer - the true believer not the self righteous hypocrite, false teacher, false preacher etc.

Some refuse this evidence and verse 22 to the rest of the chapter explains God’s giving them over to the lusts of their hearts etc. Chapter 2 :1-16 give no excuse to anyone.

His mercy is great also for those going to hell. He blinds some who will not come to Him so that their punishment won’t be as great. For example if they knew more of His word and rejected that also they would be judge more harshly. They will go to hell for rejection of His word, rejection of Christ, but their punishment won’t be as great as say for example the false teacher who is suppose to know but rejects and rebels against God anyway. (Luke 12:41-48; Matthew 25:41)

Any ‘good’ that these people do won’t count if they have decided to reject Christ who is the only way to heaven. No one can get or be ‘good enough’ on their own. And yes, I also know a lot of unsaved people who sometimes act a whole lot better than some of those who call themselves Christian and live like the devil.

The ‘good’ that is in an unsaved person is, I believe, the evidence God’s placed in everyone of His existence. I have a ‘good’ little atheist neighbor of mine who isn’t afraid to help someone down and out. (she is now agnostic so there is hope…. And continued prayer for her) But the two lovely Christian ladies down the street can’t bend to help someone stuck in a mud puddle of life tattering on a slippery slope cause they might get their pretty little white denims dirty. (continued prayer for these two as well, God can and does save the hypocrites as well when their eyes are wide open and they finally come to Him)

Who knows, maybe all three of them will come to understand that we all are just filthy dirty rotten little sinners that only Christ can make white as snow. :wink:

Thanks! This is so helpful. I guess this is more what I was asking; perhaps I didn't state my question correctly. I had thought I saw this position somewhere and you've kind of reassured my knowledge. I do know that no one can truly be saved without Christ, but I suppose I was just wondering if the good we see in the unsaved is of God, because the Bible says all good things are from God... and lo and behold, it is evidence of God! But I realize that doesn't mean the person is saved or even "good". Not even Christians can be saved by works!

So anyway, thanks for the insight. And let us keep praying that the Lord will bring light to all those "good" atheists out there, so they can turn that good into God's good!

1Co 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Thanks! This is so helpful. I guess this is more what I was asking; perhaps I didn't state my question correctly. I had thought I saw this position somewhere and you've kind of reassured my knowledge. I do know that no one can truly be saved without Christ, but I suppose I was just wondering if the good we see in the unsaved is of God, because the Bible says all good things are from God... and lo and behold, it is evidence of God! But I realize that doesn't mean the person is saved or even "good". Not even Christians can be saved by works!

So anyway, thanks for the insight. And let us keep praying that the Lord will bring light to all those "good" atheists out there, so they can turn that good into God's good!

I'm grateful I could be of assistance, but I'm not that smart....... lol Any true knowledge we have of His Word is not us anyway. (Matthew 16:17)

And thank you for prayer for my atheist neighbor! (Don't forget the lovely ladies in their pristine white denims down the street either!)

Born -Again , Born of GOD , Born from above , And Born of OUR SPIRIT is All God giving us a New beginning, by Giving us a New Spirit being1 Then The Holy Spirit can dwell in our Spirit!

Eze 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God:

2Co 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Heb 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

2Co 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
1Th 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Born -Again , Born of GOD , Born from above , And Born of OUR SPIRIT is All God giving us a New beginning, by Giving us a New Spirit being1 Then The Holy Spirit can dwell in our Spirit!

Eze 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God:

2Co 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Heb 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
1Th 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

I like the verses that show confidence for those who are saved and live according to God's command. However, single verses need to be in context of the chapter to get the full meaning. The OP was asking, I believe, if God is 'IN EVERYONE" which is false.

God has planted evidence of His existence in the very nature of man with man’s reason and moral dictates. (Romans 1:18-21) Which means that even an unsaved person could appear ‘good’ to others. It’s not that God is “IN” the unsaved person but He has given EVIDENCE to every person of His existence. He is only “IN” the believer as per some of the verses you posted.

Romans 8:8 and Romans 9:8 are good, but to get the entire picture of these verse we look at verse 1-4 in Romans 8 and find what a true believers walk with Christ and not after the flesh. Verses 5-9 speaks of those who do not belong to God.

Then in getting to Romans 9:8, “That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.” (KJV) (entire verse) Paul is saying (in reading the entire context) that not all of Abraham’s decedents through Isaac were true people of God. Which is true today, not everyone is a child of God.

1 Thess 5:5 isn’t saying that ‘everyone’ are sons of light and sons of day and that no one is of the night or darkness. Verses 1-11 speaks of ‘the day of the Lord” Believers won’t be here (Col 1:13 which goes on to describe nothing can compare to Christ) And the things that Jesus taught were that if a person was to believe on Him they would not be in darkness. (Jn8:12; 12:46)

No automatics of everyone going to heaven just because God has instill the evidence of Himself in everyone. The evidence is there for everyone to accept or reject.

1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Your own understanding will not reveal the correct understanding! WE need the Spirit of Truth to reveal these things to us!
He tells us NOT to lean to our understanding! These Trues , MUST be revealed by HIS SPIRIT!

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1Co 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

1Co 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Our flesh mind is still carnal type thinking even after salvation!

Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

2Co 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen

1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Joh 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things

We read scriptures and ask Him for the correct understanding! He knows everything of heaven and earth and will teach us everything we need to know! If we but ask and trust in HIM!

The Just live by Faith!

I am not quite understanding what context you are putting the one verse quotes in.

Are you saying that since Jesus died on the cross for all our sins and said “Father forgive them for they know not what they do.”; that everyone is going to Heaven no matter what sins they willfully commit and all they have to do is have faith of this?

Or are you saying that once a person comes to Christ they no longer sin on this earth and all they have to do is have faith they are no longer sinners?

I'm not seeing any verses that speak of repentance, turning from sin, forgiveness and living a life God commands.

Please explain, if you will?

It depends on who you ask. Then it depends on who you believe.

God is in everyone. The good and the bad are a part of God as everyone is in God. But God is only Good. God is a word. How to you wish to define the word, and how does the Word wish to define God for you?

Satan really is an adversary to truth and love. In essence it is you, you, you, and you. Because everyone is an adversary to God. If they were not adverse to God they would be equal to God and be only good.

It does not matter whether you are a 'christian' but whether you are one who follows god in the heart. This is supported by the bible. I will not bother quoting it. You can just disbelieve me if you wish. I rarely debate because I have no need. I speak to the wall, but only parts of the wall I wish to speak.

Born again is the 'christian' idea of being born again. Perhaps it gives a sip of the whole cup, but it is surely not the whole cup. It does not make it christ's idea in full. Many ideas of the church are not born of christ so then how can one be born again if they are not born of christ?

In regards to who is saved. Nobody is saved until the last day. Many who are first will be last. And many who are last will be first.

To say, "lord lord, and I will say I do not know them", figures the hypocrisy of that idea.

Even the disciples expanded on what they should not have expanded. But 'should nots' are for learning in retrospect, and really the past holds no 'should nots' for God, since what is is what is, and what will be will be.

So it was said to Peter, on this rock I build my church. And so the church was built. And so the name Jesus went from one house to another. From the day it was built, the stones that fell out were replaced with bricks, but when the bricks fell out, the holes were left, but people still see the bricks that never fell out and forget the stones that were never there. But the stones turn to dust, and dust is never forgotten by the truth.

And so the name is used, abused, but so it was known it would be used and abused. Yet the power of the name remains. But the use and abuse will not remain.

So you ask. Who will be saved?

Jesus comes as a lamb.
He says next he will come as a lion.

When he was a lamb he said, God brings people to me.
When he is a lion he will say, God brings people to me.
His love will draw those of God to him.
Yet a lamb is not the same as a lion, the heart of each is not far apart.

God is love. God is spirit.

If you love, you will be saved. If you cannot face love, you will not be saved.

That answers the question in truth does it not, without picking scripture and providing self righteous answer as per the self who is always right in his own eye.

I am not talking about this particularly thread any further, as people who like to shout "I am saved because I believed in a man who was, who I believe to be inside me, but truly do not know inside me".

Let us all mob together and say "we are saved". But what man of the mob will question and truly ask? Have we checked? Have I parted from the mob and asked questions of mine own heart? Have I prayed in private like the bible told me to? Have I not judged? Do I know what is love? Do I practice what I preach?

How shall I enter the kingdom of God asked the man? Give up all you own and follow me. If the kingdom of God was an eye of the needle how is it that so many shall fit into this eye?

Christianity is a cultural formation. It is easy to be alike your neighbour for which even your neighbour is wrong, when the majority are the father of all.

No religion counts at the end. But the heart of a man or woman or child that comes to the truth and love. That heart will search for the heart of one who loves.

The truth hits the walls. And the walls throw bricks.

To love was forever the idea. It was said to the Israelites, it was said to the Jews, the words stand forever and are still now said but they are not heard. "Love me in your heart, body, and mind"

God cares not for labels. He cares for the forests more than the buildings with those on the pulpits. He cares for those who suffer for love. Not those that proclaim the loudest and drown the meekest.

When will this be understood?

God wants one thing.

He wants you to love the way he knows love, for his way is true love.
If you know him well, you know his way of love well.
If you knew him before, you will know him again.

Nothing else matters and that is the truth, because it is spoken in truth.

is god in everyone?

I believe so because when john the baptist saw Jesus he knew he was not fitted to baptist him but he did because he had to do God will. I believe that when he did that this gave us the holy spirit in all of us that whomever should believe in Christ would able to receive his gift.

is god in everyone?

I believe so because when john the baptist saw Jesus he knew he was not fitted to baptist him but he did because he had to do God will. I believe that when he did that this gave us the holy spirit in all of us that whomever should believe in Christ would able to receive his gift.

If the Holy Spirit is in all of us (saved and unsaved), why then would Jesus say to “ask and the Father will give” such as in Luke 11:13 or that we are to repent, be baptized in the name of Jesus and then received the GIFT of the Holy Spirit?

Actually the Bible says no one is GOOD not ONE person. Because of Sin we are no longer born good.

We were good when God first created us before the Fall and before Sin entered the World.

That is why we cannot on our own come to the Lord and God has to 'draw us to Himself and give us spiritual eyes and ears to see and hear His Truth'.

We are born spiritually dead and when we repent and receive Christ we are born again and are given spiritual life again through the Holy Spirit.

So unregenrated man (ie unsaved people) walk around in the state of spiritual death and rotten to the core.

Prior to the fall of mankind in the Garden of Eden:-
GE 1:31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning--the sixth day.
After the fall of mankind:-
PS 14:1 The fool says in his heart,
"There is no God."
They are corrupt, their deeds are vile;
there is no one who does good

PS 14:2 The LORD looks down from heaven
on the sons of men
to see if there are any who understand,
any who seek God.

PS 14:3 All have turned aside,
they have together become corrupt;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.
Current state of mankind in terms of seeking God:-
JN 6:43 "Stop grumbling among yourselves," Jesus answered. 44 "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: `They will all be taught by God.' Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from him comes to me. 46 No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father. 47 I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life. 48 I am the bread of life.
Praise God He doesn't leave mankind to his own devices to try and find the way to salvation on his own. God even makes sure we get the help we need to Seek Him.

Last edited:
If the Holy Spirit is in all of us (saved and unsaved), why then would Jesus say to “ask and the Father will give” such as in Luke 11:13 or that we are to repent, be baptized in the name of Jesus and then received the GIFT of the Holy Spirit?

I apologize I did not mean that everyone is but those who accepted JC then they receive the holy spirit. Those who accept christ receive the holy spirit.

Matthew 3:14-15

I apologize I did not mean that everyone is but those who accepted JC then they receive the holy spirit. Those who accept christ receive the holy spirit.

Matthew 3:14-15

Ah ok, thanks. I was hoping that was what you meant but wasn't sure. Thank you! Sadly, there are those who believe everyone is going to heaven.