• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Is casting out demons for real?

Does anyone even believe there is a devil anymore? Or do most people today believe that to be aware of him is well enough?

I thought about this just this weekend, because from time to time we come into direct contact with him in a very real way ourselves. Or when someone is possessed or oppressed and we pass it off as mental illness or something for a doctor to treat not even thinking it could possibly be a demon.
I realize with all the self-help sermons or marketing motivational speeches clothed in spirituality. Sometimes there is little time left to address other issues like this one here that you may be confronted with one day.

What do you think about this subject? I attached a video of my experience with it. It’s not the sum total of what I know or have experienced, but I thought I would share here where it started for me. Anyway curious to know what others have been taught or not and maybe your experience with it.

Loyal
Yes, its for real. There are several accounts in scripture, and I have done it myself. It just takes faith and the name of Jesus.

Active
A very good video. Sensible and truthful.
Devils and demons I have seen many - they are as you describe: human shaped black silhouettes; blacker than even the night.
They never leave you - well at least good Christians doing right by God. You may not see them all the time but they are watching us.
We see them time to time as permitted to, so that we are alerted to their dangers and then we ought to pray in tongues for God to guard us from evil and to rebuke them.
"Get thee behind me satan" are powerful words and I have found that they work to protect me from the fiery darts of the enemy.

Active
With pentecostal holy Spirit revival in third world countries - the first battle is against witchcraft and the demonic.

Active
Demons are very real. But so too is Jesus and angels.

I don't believe we must harass demons. We can, but we shouldn't. God does not harass them. Angels do not harass them. Nor should we.

We can harass them by casting them out of people who don't want them out. I agree with the OP, many illnesses on people are from demons. Many are natural and many are not.

Demons are very real. But so too is Jesus and angels.

I don't believe we must harass demons. We can, but we shouldn't. God does not harass them. Angels do not harass them. Nor should we.

We can harass them by casting them out of people who don't want them out. I agree with the OP, many illnesses on people are from demons. Many are natural and many are not.
thanks for commenting and your right looking for them under every rock is not fruitful. I believe you do not have to look for them God will bring the person some how some way into your life to deal with them so the person can be free.

A very good video. Sensible and truthful.
Devils and demons I have seen many - they are as you describe: human shaped black silhouettes; blacker than even the night.
They never leave you - well at least good Christians doing right by God. You may not see them all the time but they are watching us.
We see them time to time as permitted to, so that we are alerted to their dangers and then we ought to pray in tongues for God to guard us from evil and to rebuke them.
"Get thee behind me satan" are powerful words and I have found that they work to protect me from the fiery darts of the enemy.
Great insight. I believe too many because of the inconstant life they live before the Lord, that particular understand is something they won't begin to grasp. These evil entities I believe can be sent to keep watch over you looking for a way to thwart the plan of God in your life. When I say inconsistent I am talking about believers who believe all kinds of things not formed from a relationship with God. The faithfulness to that relationship over time or a better word seeking to be loyal to the Lord is very fruitful. We all won't be able to do it perfectly, but the direction we are heading better be the right. Thank God for His faithfulness to keep us when we go astray.

Active
Also before I came to the Lord and was converted to become a disciple I foolishly invited the demonic to have power over me and to corrupt me ...
Galatians 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

witchcraft in the KJV or sorcery in modern versions > G5331 φαρμακεία pharmakeia
From G5332; medication (“pharmacy”), that is, (by extension) magic (literal or figurative): - sorcery, witchcraft.
G5332 > a drug; a spell inducing potion

Thus when people use mind altering and hallucinogenic drugs such as marijuana, magic mushrooms and LSD they open up themselves to the power and influence of demon spirits.
It is no coincidence that hallucinogenic plants, cacti and toadstools, for example are part of shaman and witchdoctor rituals for contacting the spirit world.
And today in our Godless world, in these last days, legalising marijuana is another means of the enemy to enslave souls. Next will be other more potent drugs.

Also before I came to the Lord and was converted to become a disciple I foolishly invited the demonic to have power over me and to corrupt me ...
Galatians 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

witchcraft in the KJV or sorcery in modern versions > G5331 φαρμακεία pharmakeia
From G5332; medication (“pharmacy”), that is, (by extension) magic (literal or figurative): - sorcery, witchcraft.
G5332 > a drug; a spell inducing potion

Thus when people use mind altering and hallucinogenic drugs such as marijuana, magic mushrooms and LSD they open up themselves to the power and influence of demon spirits.
It is no coincidence that hallucinogenic plants, cacti and toadstools, for example are part of shaman and witchdoctor rituals for contacting the spirit world.
And today in our Godless world, in these last days, legalising marijuana is another means of the enemy to enslave souls. Next will be other more potent drugs.
I am so glad you mention the drugs. This is why I believe we will see many people before the end in need of deliverance. Christian's kids and adults who knew better, but now have a demon and will reach out in desperation for help or God's mercy bring them forth to be delivered, because of the prayers of the believe saints made on their behalf. That's why we pray and never cease to many things to pray for.

From the OP:

Does anyone even believe there is a devil anymore?
We are well into the prophesied falling away, so we would expect the reality of Satan to be obscured.

Or do most people today believe that to be aware of him is well enough?
When the semi-truck is bearing down and about to strike you, mere "awareness" is not sufficient.

I thought about this just this weekend, because from time to time we come into direct contact with him in a very real way ourselves.
Indeed, as scripture states.

Or when someone is possessed or oppressed and we pass it off as mental illness or something for a doctor to treat not even thinking it could possibly be a demon.
Of course. Those of the world, turn to the world, for a "solution."

I realize with all the self-help sermons or marketing motivational speeches clothed in spirituality. Sometimes there is little time left to address other issues like this one here that you may be confronted with one day.
What was the proportion of Jesus' ministry that was devoted to dealing with Satan and his devils?

What do you think about this subject?...Anyway curious to know what others have been taught or not and maybe your experience with it. Devils and demons [are]...human shaped black silhouettes; blacker than even the night.
Some are; yet the variations are endless, including as "angels of light."

We can harass them by casting them out of people who don't want them out.
Worse, the devils will return with even more wicked cohorts if the person is not a believer. Deliverance is for the desperate.

I agree with the OP, many illnesses on people are from demons. Many are natural and many are not.
True, but the gist here is that the community of believers remains unaware of the spiritual authority they wield as children of the Most High God.

...God will bring the person some how some way into your life to deal with them so the person can be free.
If you seek him, you will find him. Yet EVERY believer should be that person who "deals with them."

I am so glad you mention the drugs. This is why I believe we will see many people before the end in need of deliverance. Christian's kids and adults who knew better, but now have a demon and will reach out in desperation for help or God's mercy bring them forth to be delivered, because of the prayers of the believe saints made on their behalf. That's why we pray and never cease to many things to pray for.
True, that's why prayer is effective. We still have a graceful and merciful God on the throne, who even told us how to pray. Alas, how many people avail themselves of it?

I am primarily involved in the ministry of deliverance. I do not claim it as the only method, but here is one post of mine that describes the basics of deliverance --> What is the widely agreed upon view of Christians with schizophrenia?