• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to night mode (or back to light/default theme) simply scroll all the way down to the footer and click on the style chooser.

Thank you.

Intimidated By Giants

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:4)

Staff member
"There we saw the giants (the descendants of Anak came from the giants); and we were like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33

When the Israelites arrived at the border of Canaan, Moses sent twelve spies into the land. When they returned, ten of them said, “The people who dwell in the land are strong; the cities are fortified and very large…and all the people whom we saw in it are men of great stature” (Numbers 13:28, 32).

They concluded, “We are not able to go up against the people, for they are stronger than we” (v.31). Their negative report so discouraged the Israelites that they were afraid to invade Canaan, even though the Lord had promised He’d help them.

Does this ever happen to you? You’re initially excited about a project and even though you’re aware you’ll face difficulties, you’re buoyed by feelings of optimism. God has promised to be with you, and you know that He can do miracles. But when it actually comes time to launch out, you allow yourself to get discouraged by naysayers, get cold feet, and back out.

It’s human nature to say, “There are giants in the land!” It’s the default setting of the natural mind to see problems as huge and to feel grasshopper-size compared to them. But have faith in God. With His help you can overcome them, no matter how big they are.

Loyal Member
"There we saw the giants (the descendants of Anak came from the giants); and we were like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33

When the Israelites arrived at the border of Canaan, Moses sent twelve spies into the land. When they returned, ten of them said, “The people who dwell in the land are strong; the cities are fortified and very large…and all the people whom we saw in it are men of great stature” (Numbers 13:28, 32).

They concluded, “We are not able to go up against the people, for they are stronger than we” (v.31). Their negative report so discouraged the Israelites that they were afraid to invade Canaan, even though the Lord had promised He’d help them.

Does this ever happen to you? You’re initially excited about a project and even though you’re aware you’ll face difficulties, you’re buoyed by feelings of optimism. God has promised to be with you, and you know that He can do miracles. But when it actually comes time to launch out, you allow yourself to get discouraged by naysayers, get cold feet, and back out.

It’s human nature to say, “There are giants in the land!” It’s the default setting of the natural mind to see problems as huge and to feel grasshopper-size compared to them. But have faith in God. With His help you can overcome them, no matter how big they are.
Except there WERE giants in the land! The spys saw that the Canaanites WERE giants and that they even ate their own people. I'm not surprised that they were afraid, and could see no way of defeating them. But they, like many Christians, tend to reckon without God. So many Christians come into a situation, like you say, and miss out on their "But God..." simply by not factoring God into the picture. The Israelites did not have to wander in the desert until all of that generation had died....They could simply have factored God into the picture. "He told us to take the land, He gave it to us....Let's take it. There are giants here that we have to face..BUT GOD will give us the victory.
When God gives us a command HE WILL also give us the wherewithall to do it. He will finance it, he will provide transport, he will provide All we need to take the victory.

Staff member
My hope is that my Lords purpose would be made known to me as to what he would want me to do.

Another way of saying what I previously said:smile:

What does one do with a giant nowadays?

With the love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><