• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Intent, and Purposes

Loyal
Intent, and Purposes

1Co 14:10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of VOICES in the world, and none of them is WITHOUT SIGNIFICATION.

There are many “voices” in this world and every voice has an intent, and purpose behind it. A voice that speaks is coming from an intelligent being that is communicating a purpose with an intent in mind. Outward actions are also based on a purpose, and intent that come from mans thoughts.

A man is not a sinner because of what he does, but because of what he thinks! Man's outward actions are tied to his thoughts, which include his purpose, and intents.

God tells us “Do not commit adultery” (Exo 20:14) Evil men can in his own power abstain from committing adultery, but when Jesus showed up on the scene he revealed the heart of the problem in man.

Mat 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY:
Mat 5:28 BUT I SAY UNTO YOU, THAT WHOSOEVER LOOKETH ON A WOMAN TO LUST AFTER HER HATH COMMITTED ADULTERY with her already in his heart.

Outward actions simply follow man's purposes and intent that originated within his heart. Even if we are able to abstain from doing wickedness, thinking it is just as bad as doing it.

The Lord is not so much concerned with our outward actions as much as he is more concerned about our intents, and purposes of why we do certain things. Why would that be? Because a man can do things that look to be holy, and pure from an outward appearance standpoint which would deceive many into thinking they someone they are not!

In Christianity, this is a huge problem. If we think we are something when we are nothing we are self-deceived, (Gal 6:3) which also can deceive others who do not know this, and many become defiled!

Not only do voices come from within man, and woman with there intent, and purposes behind them, they also come from “lying” deceiving spirits that speak to us every day in our head! They have intent, and purpose to get us to go, and do things that God did not tell us to do! How many times has a man/woman gone out to do God's will, when God never told them to do it?

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 MANY WILL SAY TO ME IN THAT DAY, LORD, LORD, HAVE WE NOT PROPHESIED IN THY NAME? AND IN THY NAME HAVE CAST OUT DEVILS? AND IN THY NAME DONE MANY WONDERFUL WORKS?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Good works mean nothing when the intent, and purpose was only for people to see us doing them, and to try and make people think we are someone when we are nothing! If any man Glories in the Lord then let him Glory in what God has done, and not man!!

2Co 10:17 “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.”
2Co 10:18 For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends.

Man's purpose and intent should only be to “please” the Lord.

I speak this to myself. If I am trying to get people to think of me, Curtis Wilson to be something that I am not because of all these things I write on my Facebook page then I would NOT be a servant of God.

Gal 1:10 For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.