Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

inspiration for all

A man stands on a rooftop and beats his chest, clenches his fists, raises his hands to the heavens.He says in a loud voice thank you god for you have made me different than other men!You have set me apart from other men for i have less sin than other men!For no other man is worthy of your blessings than i.These men stink of much sin and are ugly in even my sight.BUT GOD IGNORESthis man and he knows not why.Then the man casts his eyes down into the street.There he see's a man in a dark corner on his knees in obeisance to god.The mans arms weary at his side for there is no strength in him from a troubled mind.His eyes cast down in guilt for the life he has led.The man on the roof knows this man.He knows this man to have much sin.The man climbes down from his perch of self glory.He draws near to this man to hear his words.(OH LORD I AM RIPE WITH SIN.I ASK FOR YOUR FORGIVENESS FOR MY DISOBEDIENCE.I AM WORTHY OF DEATH FOR MY CRIMES.JESUS COME INTO MY HEART AND LEAD ME TO RIGHTEOUSNESS. LORD WRITE MY NAME IN THE LAMBS BOOK OF LIFE WITH ALL OTHER SAINTS.GLORY AND HONOR TO THE MOST HIGH GOD AND THE LAMB.IN JESUS NAME AMEN.).Just then god smiled on him with all his grace.He is filled with strength and a new spirit.He rises to his feet.The man from the roof see's that god is now with this man and goes week and falls to his knees.The saved man turns to the man from the roof who is not saved. looks down at him with his hand upon his shoulder.He tells him that all fall short of the glory of god.God favors those who know they need forgiveness.LORD I PRAY THAT IF ANY UNSAVED READ THIS.THAT IT OPENS THERE HEART ENOUGH TO LET GO THERE PRIDE AND CONFESS THAT YOU ARE LORD AND THEY NEED FORGIVENESS THROUGH YOU .THANK YOU JESUS AMEN

Amen brother :) Thanks for sharing. Very good and true.

Pride and selfishness is against the will of GOD.

Amen! And I pray every Christian reading this will be reminded, as I have been,
that we also were not worthy of His grace. Christ alone
is worthy! I`m so glad He offered pardon to me!

A simple phrase like, "GOD be merciful to me a sinner." yet so powerful that it should open many eyes to the knowledge that we are all sinners in desperate need of GOD'S mercy. Nothing, by man, can ever change a sinner's heart, but when GOD extends His mercy and grace; we can accept them as free gifts from the ONE who paid the ultimate sacrifice/price for our sin. Oh, how HE loves mankind and wants to save ALL who will come to HIM and ask forgiveness for their sin(unbelief). HE is so worthy of our praise, honor, and glory!!! Worthy to be exalted, magnified, and given adoration above the heavens!!! Never wanting anyone to perish, but "that all should come to repentance."
It is as simple as the beginning phrase...acknowledgeing that "we are sinners and need HIS mercy and forgiveness."

Last edited:
Praise the LORD forever .... The harvest is plenty , but the labors are few. Thank you for adding a loving fire to talkjesus . BROTHER

Salvation by faith alone?

Apologetics 101-08

Q: How should I respond to someone who asks me if I've been saved, or born again?

A: Answer with a resounding, "Yes!" Tell them that it is through Baptism that you were saved, just as the Bible says in 1 Ptr 3:20 and that it is through Baptism, water and the Spirit, that you are "born again," just as the Bible says in John 3:5.

You see, many Protestants believe that they are saved by making one single act of faith at one single point in time in their lives. Nowhere does Scripture say such a thing. As Catholics, however, we believe that salvation is a process which begins with our Baptism and continues throughout our lifetimes, just as the Bible teaches us.

There are so many places in Scripture, which talk about how one is "saved", but not one of them says we are saved by one act of faith at just one point in time. As I just mentioned, 1 Ptr 3:20 says we are saved by baptism. In Hebrews 12:14 it says that we will not see the Lord unless we are holy, and that we have to strive for this holiness. In Matthew 6:14-15, it says we must forgive others or we will not be forgiven. Can you attain salvation if God hasn't forgiven you? No! So, our forgiving others is necessary for our salvation.

1 Tim 2:15 says that woman will be saved through bearing children, if she continues in faith and love and holiness with modesty. John 6:54 says we will have eternal life by doing something...eating the flesh and drinking the blood of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. In Matthew 19, verses 16 and 17, Jesus is asked directly what one must do to have eternal life. Did He say, accept me into your heart once and that's it? No! Jesus said to keep the commandments and you will have life.

Yes, as Catholics we are born again. And, as Catholics we believe that we were saved, as Paul says in Rom 8:24; that we are being saved, as Paul says in 1 Cor 1:18; and that we will be saved, as Paul says in Rom 5:9-10, provided we persevere and keep our eyes on the prize. Salvation is a process, just as Catholics believe, and just as the Bible clearly teaches.

Why is this a debate about Catholisim? You are not saved because you were born a Catholic.

psst...I love Martin Luther's writings...I don't think he is a Catholic any more - intentionally :) (besides the fact he is dead now but) ....hmmm maybe something to think about as to why he chose not to be ....

Last edited:
Salvation is a process

Wrong. Provide Scripture that shows Salvation is a process and not "grace by faith". You make it sound as if someone can earn it. Pretty sad.

I went to a catholic school for 13yrs. Please keep that in mind when responding.

Perhaps you can explain why Catholics (even my own family members for honesty sake) pray to "mother" Mary, have all these "traditions" "rituals" and statues. Can you back this up with the WORD of GOD and not the word of apologetics?

Mat 19:16 And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments.

Ok well if I stop there the conclusion of course would be “you must follow the commandments to be saved” but lets read a little further.

Mat 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Mat 19:19 Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

Lets go a little further…..

Mat 19:20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet?
Ohm whats this???? The man says he has but he is still lacking something…..What could that be?? Lets read some more.

Mat 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Whow Jesus said that yes works where involved but what else does He say? Jesus says to follow Him. Now if you meet any “ christian ” who says that they don’t have to follow Christ we know its false you must follow Christ!

Following someone is not a single act .

Lets go to the next verse

Mat 19:22 But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions.

So what does this say that because he was not willing to not only give away his possessions but also not to follow Jesus.

Mat 19:23 And Jesus said unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, It is hard for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
Mat 19:25 And when the disciples heard it, they were astonished exceedingly, saying, Who then can be saved?

Well this part is alittle off topic but why do you think it is very hard for a rich man to get into heaven? I think it is pretty easy to understand They don’t want to let go of their worldly items and follow Christ. Here comes a really interesting part.

Mat 19:26 And Jesus looking upon them said to them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
Mat 19:27 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Lo, we have left all, and followed thee; what then shall we have?
Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, that ye who have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit on the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Mat 19:29 And every one that hath left houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and shall inherit eternal life.
Mat 19:30 But many shall be last that are first; and first that are last.

Now Jesus says here that whoever leaves his worldly life to follow Him will have eternal life.

Baptism is not essential to salvation. Christ is.

1Co 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not in wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made void.
1Co 1:18 For the word of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us who are saved it is the power of God.

Amen Jesuslovesu. Perfect verses that I left out (sorry)

I once was lost but now I am found, was blind but now I see.....
There is salvation and sanctification.......

Luk 23:39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
Luk 23:40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
Luk 23:41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
Luk 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
Luk 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

The man on the cross next to Jesus didn't have much time for a "salvation process" yet Jesus told Him, He would be in paradise that day. Hmmmmm.
Yet, He didn't go to Sunday School, didn't tithe, didn't go on a retreat. Wow, He was a horrible church member........Like Him we can all be thankful that;

Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Salvation is by grace, and grace alone. Our works don't cut it.....Our sanctification is a process, and one which God prompts and aids in the process.

In Christ Service
Your Pastor T

Back