• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Inside Out

Administrator
Staff Member
Inside Out - November 22, 2005

"He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalm 1:3
My husband and I were hiking in the magnificent mountains of Colorado. I was mesmerized by the grandeur and beauty all around. I noticed some huge old pines growing out of a big rocky surface. Up toward the tops were pine cones shaped like acorns. I'm no horticulturist, but I know acorns come from oak, not pine trees. So I took a closer look.

The small cones had been cone-shaped, but were turned nearly inside out. The bottoms were there, but the tops were bare and pointed, like bulbs.
I learned that what happens is that the cones are shaped as usual when they first appear. Once the seeds inside are dispersed, they look like these did.
Do you ever practice "seed faith"? Or sow good seed, then feel exhausted and worn out? It is okay to let the Lord "sow seeds" through us, and turn us inside-out. During these times, it's good to remember that we still have our solid base. God IS our steady, strong tree.

Prayer: Lord, thank you that You are my rock; my steady and firm foundation. No matter how the winds of adversity might blow, I praise You that I am still anchored solidly in You. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Contributed by Sally I. Kennedy