• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

IN Thy Hands a hammer,

Thou, Lord God, hast made known to me thy might, and revealed unto me thy wondrous works, thy glorious counsels;
I was cut down as like a tree which no birds sat to perch on the branch at the break of dawn
The ears of my visitors were deaf as I sat dumb in my tent; in my confusion they were sent away with the wind,
I was thrown into fire like stubble,
And like a sword I was taken out from the flame and sat upon an anvil; thou hast beaten me with the hammer, thou hast caused me to spark
I was smelted and hit with the great strength of a heavenly blacksmith
I was shapen according to a master carpenter's intentful design
Like an ancient rock revealing a land of promise, so was I thrust inward like a sword set to guard at the gate
I was found in a rock not to be moved
Like a challenger of men setting them upon the doubt of their strength, as a question of their conviction;
Like a fine sword completed with inscriptions on the edge, so have I been made like a hilt with the inscription of its creator upon it
Thou wilt suffer not thy goodness to see the bed of ruin overcome those that glorify thee within the walls of Jerusalem, near to the house of bread which gives freely and counteth no loss,
For mighty is the Lord God Almighty,
And ever praise worthy is thy Name, and thy chastisements,
Better than fine gold and pure silver thou art,
Blessed be the Name of the Lord, for thou, and thou alone, makest a Man out of thin air
And he walketh with you, and he giveth praise of heart: I love you, O God, my strength;

Thy Rod and thy Staff,
They comfort me.