• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

In The Lord Alone

Staff Member
You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever. Psalm 16:11 NLT

As you read the book of Psalms, you don’t want to miss one of its top themes.

That vital theme is: Everything you desire, want, and need is found in the Lord, and in the Lord alone. Why look anywhere else?

Without question, David lived out of this core conviction. You see that in the verse quoted above and many other verses included in the psalms of David. Yet at one point when David lost this vital focus, his heart wandered and he broke half of the Ten Commandments in one fell swoop. So it’s crucial that you grab on and hold tightly to this core conviction.

Not surprisingly, David’s fellow psalmists wrote about this major theme as well. In Psalm 73:25 (NLT), for instance, Asaph writes: “Whom Have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth.” Powerful words, indeed.

Jesus said it best in Matthew 6:21 (NLT), “Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.” It’s not enough to believe in God and heaven. You need to want the God of heaven, and Him alone!

Prayer: Lord, transform me. I want to live out of the reality that everything I desire, want, and need is found in You. Make this my daily conviction, I pray.