• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Hello,
My name is Dax, and I was raised a Christian and baptized as a child. About a year and a half ago I entered college, and ever since then my life has spiraled down a dark path. My everyday life has been full of depression, sex, men, lust, lies, and confusion. Every day when I wake up, I think about all of the sinful things that I have done. I know they are wrong, and that God is not happy with me. I recently decided that I need to stop thinking about changing my life, and start doing. I want to repent and dedicate my life to Christ. But I really do not know where to start, and how to keep it up. Every single time I try, I end up distracted and back where I started. I often end up frustrated and depressed, and I have even considered suicide multiple times. But I know that is not God's plan for me. So if someone could please give me advice on how to go about this, that would be greatly appreciated. I also ask for your prayers and support, for this is a very challenging time in my life. Thank you in advance, and God Bless.
Dax C. Lewis

We'll Get Through This

Lord, our troubles
Are so great,
We don't know what to do;
The price for our
Iniquity
Is finally coming due.

The world is crumbling
All about;
No safe place can be found.
Right is wrong,
Wrong is right;
The change is quite profound.

Lord, we need
Your guiding light
To lead us out of here;
We'll focus on
Your Word, and prayer,
To take away our fear.

Temptations of
This dying world
We'll rule out and let go;
Give our burdens
All to you,
Shed all worldly woe.

That's how we'll
Get through this, Lord,
Fixed on heaven above,
Assured of your
protection, help,
And everlasting love.

By Joanna Fuchs

Loyal
The good feelings you have when involved with sex, are very temporary of course. And the only thing that brings back those great feelings is more sex, and yet still the emptiness and depression afterword still continues. Its because your spirit desires the love that cannot be found in sex. And sex can be so addictive, like popping pain pills to feel great, despite the pain you have, they only mask over the real problem, indeed they dont address the root of the problem, but only cover the festering sore that will not go away. The only way you can address this is the same way a junkie hooked on drugs can. You must quit cold turkey, and in the same manner, you will long for the sexual union while trying to abstain from it. Do not spend time with men who you find attractive, they will be like delicious food that a person dieting just cant resist. If they ask you "Why not?", dont lie, it will make matters worse. Simply tell them you have committed your body to Christ until you marry, and desire purity and kindness more than lust and greediness. And if they continue pressuring you, let them know, that if they want to be nice to you, they need to respect your faith. If you fall, giving in to lust, get right back up, apologize immediately to the man you are with, and let them know you are hurt that they encouraged you to do something they knew you felt wrong about. Then ask forgiveness to the Lord, and continue your walk in the path of righteousness. Read scripture daily for at least 15 minutes a day and think about what you read on and off throughout the day. When you dont understand something in scripture, talk to the Lord about it in prayer. Expect an answer in your spirit, and it will come, perhaps not right away, but it will come. Glad to pray for you sister, God is glad to help those who want the help.

Active
Hi Dax, Brad has given you great advice. I would just add, that as you seek to repent and devote your life to Christ, Satan will step up his attempt to hold you back in the darkness. Be sure to read Ephesians 6:10-17 and learn about the armor of God. This is important. There is also a good study on the armor of God and what each piece means here: The Armor of God | Amazing Facts. Read your Bible every day - even if it's just for a few minutes. And when you fall to temptation, don't despair - get right back up, pray immediately for forgiveness and move forward. Satan loves to tell us that because of our sins Jesus won't love us, but that is a lie. And remember, “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour” (1 Peter 5:8)

Loyal
I am praying for your situation, Dax.

There may be much good obtained in college, but without a doubt there is very much that is not good at all. When the Lord really drew me to Him a few years after my graduation of college, I had to un-learn a lot of things that I had learned in college. They stood between me and God. Walk with care and ask God to help you to "pray without ceasing" and to "rejoice in the Lord always". The will be rough if you choose to walk it with Him but...

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matt 11:28-30

Staff Member
My name is Dax, and I was raised a Christian and baptized as a child

Greetings @Dax C.

It is good to hear that you were raised in a Christian home and baptized
But that won't save you.

Do you personally know Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, have you come to Him in repentance and been born again?

He died to save you. He loves you.

He can change your life.

Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life
John 3:16

Last edited:
For everyone that responded, thank you much. The advice and prayers were exactly what I needed. I will keep you guys posted on my progression

Active
Hello there Dax. My advice to you is read "Fragrant Grace' post again. For many many years I was a Baptist pastor and Christian Counselor. Over the years, I have counseled quite a few folk who thought they were saved and were not. You need to make absolutely sure that you are God's Child. Satan tricks a lot of people in thinking their saved.

As a counselor, I suggest that you start a "conversation" with Fragrant Grace. She will ask you some questions, and between you two, the Holy Spirit of God will let you both know for sure that you are a born again Christian Lady. If you have been deceived, no amount of repentance for a changed life, will be very difficult if not impossible if you have not received Jesus as your LORD and SAVIOR.

FG, I hope you don't mind me giving your name to contact. It seemed like the Holy Spirit was leading your way.

Loyal
Hello,
My name is Dax, and I was raised a Christian and baptized as a child. About a year and a half ago I entered college, and ever since then my life has spiraled down a dark path. My everyday life has been full of depression, sex, men, lust, lies, and confusion. Every day when I wake up, I think about all of the sinful things that I have done. I know they are wrong, and that God is not happy with me. I recently decided that I need to stop thinking about changing my life, and start doing. I want to repent and dedicate my life to Christ. But I really do not know where to start, and how to keep it up. Every single time I try, I end up distracted and back where I started. I often end up frustrated and depressed, and I have even considered suicide multiple times. But I know that is not God's plan for me. So if someone could please give me advice on how to go about this, that would be greatly appreciated. I also ask for your prayers and support, for this is a very challenging time in my life. Thank you in advance, and God Bless.
Dax C. Lewis
Dax, What you are experiencing in your life is your "conscience" condemning for what you are doing. This ability, (which all men) have to know the difference between good from evil is the results of Adam, and Eve eating from the tree of the knowledge of "good", and "evil." Like others have said here being raised in a Christian home, and being baptized does not mean one is a child of God. All I can do is tell you what I did almost 40 years ago, and if you believe, and do this you will become a child of God. I prayed this....

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

If, and when you do this tell someone.

Active
I want to repent and dedicate my life to Christ. But I really do not know where to start, and how to keep it up.

When I was in my teens, I remember being in a similar place. God didn't just show up in my life and put things into order, the way I thought he would, when I wanted him to, or how I wanted him to, even though I was broken and asked him to. God was there with me, but he knew that my heart was not fully right, that I didn't understand what I was really asking. He answered my prayers in time, by changing my heart. He did this in ways I never would have expected.

I'm happy for you! if things had been going well in your life, if you were satisfied, you would never be in this place of grief where you are truly seeking after God. The mess you find yourself in may be the biggest blessing, if it ends up leading you to a truly personal and trusting relationship with Jesus Christ, the Shepherd of our souls, if we are indeed his sheep.

Paul told the Corinthians:

"Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves."

It's not a bad thing to question your salvation, to truly seek God and find out if you are in the faith or not. Condemnation from the devil will try to get you to crawl in a hole and give up, but the work of the Holy Spirit will leave you totally broken, but with your eyes focused on Him, laying at the foot of the cross.

Blessings,

Travis

Loyal
Hello,
Dax C. Lewis

Hello Dax,
The hardest thing for you is going to be this.........FORGIVING YOURSELF !! See we tend to hold on to things and with the help of our enemy the devil we even magnify things that dont even exist. To repent means to turn from or go another direction and it seems that you have done this....
Now 1John1:9 KJV
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins AND to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Dax you do not have to make a huge ordeal or show of it. Simply go to HIM and ask Him to forgive you of all of your sins and trespasses and cleanse you of all unrighteousness... NOW this part is just as important..........RECEIVE your forgiveness and your cleansing. Simply say by Faith I receive my forgiveness and by Faith I receive my cleansing. Now at this point they are remembered no more. They have been wiped out and destroyed. NOW FORGIVE YOUR SELF. You are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.
By doing so it enables you to move forward in Christ. You do not ever have to bring them back up ever again.

Dax all this distraction or pressuer that you feel is simply our enemy the devil trying to keep you from our Lord God.
You can do this. Greater is He that is in you then he that is in the world.
Dax God loves you and He is NOT holding this against you. He does however crave you and your love so run and jump right into His lap and fill up on His love for you..

YOU will make it and remember that is not knew to most of us and there is always some one who gets it and is there to help.
Blessings Dax...........Now forgive your self and move on in His love.
Jim

Thank You Father for enveloping dax in Your everlasting arms, and surrounding her in Your presence. Father we ask that You make Yourself so very real to her, and give her the wisdom and strength to make You first place in her life. Bless her with peace and grace in abundance in Jesus Name, Amen.