• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

In an attempt to return, I find so many road blocks

Hello everyone,

My name is John, I used to be a very active member here. Earlier this year I encountered a series of problems and events that have taken me far away from God. I believe I had a very strong relationship with God at one point, and now It is bordering on non-existent.

I used to read the word everyday. I have studied the original languages, and many of the "hard topics" such as Divorce and Remarriage, Hebrews 6, baptism in the holy spirit, Annihilation etc. I spent hundreds of hours in scripture, and could feel God's presence all around me all day. I would consider myself fairly studied in the word.

I lost so much when I came to Christ: All of my friends, my job, the woman I loved more than anything, all because of my faith. Eventually I could not feel God. When the worst started happening, it was as if he left my side. I collapsed under the pressure and turned against him in the most severe of ways. He took everything, and I simply was not strong enough to continue while not feeling his hand on me.

I am at a point now where I have been speaking to God again. I believe he is being kind enough to hear me. However, I have so many questions that I did not ask the first time around that are preventing my full return to commit my life fully to God. It's not that I don't want to, it's simply that I can't honestly do it until I get passed these issues. I am a sinner in many ways. I still feel the guilt when I sin against God, but am having a hard time reaching to him to have him pull me out, mainly because I do not feel I can trust him again as he may just let me fall and not help me up again. God knows what's in my heart, and I can not claim to following God with these things constantly burning in my mind.

I would like to ask some questions, and see how Christians got passed these issues. Please do not get angry with me as I ask. What I ask, I ask in genuine interest of turning my life back to God. Many of you will think I am being blasphemous, but that is not my intent. I am honestly just trying to understand.

That being said here is where I am at:

1. The things that God allows to happen to people make me think he can not be as loving as the Bible claims he is.

What has God ever really lost? He never lost Jesus. They are together right now. I understand that Jesus suffered greatly, and his Father had to watch, and yes that is an amazing sacrifice. However, many people have also suffered such horrible deaths, and many people have suffered much worse. Human beings loose loved ones all throughout their lives. God can never loose any of his loved ones because he is God and he can save them all.

I believe God is all powerful. Which largely presents a real problem for me. I work in the medical industry (not directly involved with patients), and all of my friends are Emergency Medical Techs or Paramedics or Nurses. The things and stories I could tell about the horrors that happen to people could easily make a grown adult sick. Seeing these things would easily cause nightmares and often much worse.

If God is all powerful, why does he do nothing to stop these things? If I was going to be burned alive, and one of my friends who might not even love me had the ability to put me out, I know that he/she would. So why does God not?

2. How can a God of love torture beings for all eternity?

You had to know this one was coming ;) Honestly how can this be justified? This question was one reason I started to lean to the teaching of Annihilation about the same time I found out John Stott had. You can say "It's what we deserve", and sure I'll agree, but only because God made that decision. He decided it was the punishment. He created many beings knowing that many of them would live short lives, often horrible short lives, and then forever be in torment. How can this God be a God of Love? He himself would easily have caused more pain and suffering than any human being in existence.

I'll start with those 2, and maybe tack some more on if anyone can help me get passed them.

I absolutely appreciate ANY reply to this thread, but I ask please, please think out your answers before you just attack me for asking such questions. My intent is genuinely good, I just have to get passed these issues mentally.

I was posting a post yesterday, after reading it, I thought about you Jculver. You may think I'm lying today, but I thought about you for about 30 minutes, I asked God about you, how you were doing, if you were still a Christian? And I said a prayer for you.

So here's what I read which reminded me of you.

Matthew 13:1-9 NKJV
The Parable of the Sower
1 On the same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the sea. 2 And great multitudes were gathered together to Him, so that He got into a boat and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.
3 Then He spoke many things to them in parables, saying: “Behold, a sower went out to sow. 4 And as he sowed, some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds came and devoured them. 5 Some fell on stony places, where they did not have much earth; and they immediately sprang up because they had no depth of earth. 6 But when the sun was up they were scorched, and because they had no root they withered away. 7 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns sprang up and choked them. 8 But others fell on good ground and yielded a crop: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. 9 He who has ears to hear, let him hear!”

Matthew 13:18-23 NKJV
The Parable of the Sower Explained

18 “Therefore hear the parable of the sower: 19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside. 20 But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles. 22 Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful. 23 But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.”

I was posting a post yesterday, after reading it, I thought about you Jculver. You may think I'm lying today, but I thought about you for about 30 minutes, I asked God about you, how you were doing, if you were still a Christian? And I said a prayer for you.

So here's what I read which reminded me of you.

Matthew 13:1-9 NKJV
The Parable of the Sower
1 On the same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the sea. 2 And great multitudes were gathered together to Him, so that He got into a boat and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.
3 Then He spoke many things to them in parables, saying: “Behold, a sower went out to sow. 4 And as he sowed, some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds came and devoured them. 5 Some fell on stony places, where they did not have much earth; and they immediately sprang up because they had no depth of earth. 6 But when the sun was up they were scorched, and because they had no root they withered away. 7 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns sprang up and choked them. 8 But others fell on good ground and yielded a crop: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. 9 He who has ears to hear, let him hear!”

Matthew 13:18-23 NKJV
The Parable of the Sower Explained

18 “Therefore hear the parable of the sower: 19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside. 20 But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles. 22 Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful. 23 But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.”

Why would I think you are a liar my friend : ) I have always known you to be truthful and loving, and I have also thought about you. I have prayed many times for clarity since I left earlier this year. I just don't know when or if I will get it ;)

Thank you for your kind words brother.

Well, I see it like this, there's nothing to be ashamed of it, but Jesus knew when He said this parable, that you would stumble.

Read again what He said:

20 But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles.

You received the words of God with joy, holding on to His name, but you had conflicting beliefs, you had no root. It's time to forget about everything, bow your head in absolute submission and ask God to help you.

God did not forsake you Jculver, you know He did not.

You know, I have had many similiar experiences like you have. It has felt to me for months on end that God has left me, I couldn't sense Him, I called for Him, but He did not answer. My mind was filled with junk. This is called persecution, for the sake of the word. The word is Jesus.

Jculver, I'm digging deep at this moment, so excuse me for not going very deep into this. But our lives as Christians, is a life to share in the pains Jesus had.

2 Timothy 3:12
Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

1 Timothy 1:16
However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life.

If you don't know what to ask God, reply here and I will help you. But God is listening, He is waiting for you.

Like I said, months at a time I did not feel God, I thought He had left me, but soon that darkness lifts and I can say thank you Lord, you are still with me.

God bless you Jculver.

Last edited:
Thank you for your kind words brother.

Well, I see it like this, there's nothing to be ashamed of it, but Jesus knew when He said this parable, that you would stumble.

Read again what He said:

20 But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles.

You received the words of God with joy, holding on to His name, but you had conflicting beliefs, you had no root. It's time to forget about everything, bow your head in absolute submission and ask God to help you.

God did not forsake you Jculver, you know He did not.

You know, I have had many similiar experiences like you have. It has felt to me for months on end that God has left me, I couldn't sense Him, I called for Him, but He did not answer. My mind was filled with junk. This is called persecution, for the sake of the word. The word is Jesus.

Jculver, I'm digging deep at this moment, so excuse me for not going very deep into this. But our lives as Christians, is a life to share in the pains Jesus had.

2 Timothy 3:12
Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

1 Timothy 1:16
However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life.

If you don't know what to ask God, reply here and I will help you. But God is listening, He is waiting for you.

Like I said, months at a time I did not feel God, I thought He had left me, but soon that darkness lifts and I can say thank you Lord, you are still with me.

God bless you Jculver.

I have asked God to bring me back on several occasions. On my knees in prayer. However, what he has shown me is I must find a way through these issues If I am ever to return.

I have suffered persecution for the word. That is why I lost my job at the time, and my friends. It is also why I left the woman I loved most in my life. I simply was not strong enough to deal with the aftermath of her leaving. I just wasn't. I am only a man, and only as strong as a man can be. So I did what I should, and cried out to God for help. I waited as long as I could without an answer before I turned away. I just wasn't strong enough, and if he would not be there when I called, how was I supposed to continue?

I think I am strong enough now, but these issues cloud my mind. I do not wish to worship God out of fear, and neither does he wish me to. I want to worship him out of Love, but I simply can not, and will not be able until these issues are resolved in my mind.

I understand brother. Let's collectively agree to help you sort out most of these issues. I'm fine with that.

I have to go to bed now, it's nearing my bed time and I'm quite tired, I was just waiting for your response.

Start off by making a simple post which includes your questions, even if they are obscure to us, it doesn't matter, we will try our best to help you. I will mention it to the other moderators as well that you need a few questions answered. Feel free to continue in this thread.

You will be in my prayers brother and if I think about you, I sense God's love for you. God is All Powerful like you said, so give Him that benifit, place your faith in Him and thank Him for what you will receive.

Say this to God for instance: "Thank you Lord for clearing the clouds in my mind". Even if it isn't cleared yet, by placing your faith in Him like that, you will surely see how fast it's cleared.

Concerning the questions of hell and God's manner of not intervening, I don't have the answers at present, I have to be truthful. But we can look for it, together.

Much love
teraside

I understand brother. Let's collectively agree to help you sort out most of these issues. I'm fine with that.

I have to go to bed now, it's nearing my bed time and I'm quite tired, I was just waiting for your response.

Start off by making a simple post which includes your questions, even if they are obscure to us, it doesn't matter, we will try our best to help you. I will mention it to the other moderators as well that you need a few questions answered. Feel free to continue in this thread.

You will be in my prayers brother and if I think about you, I sense God's love for you. God is All Powerful like you said, so give Him that benifit, place your faith in Him and thank Him for what you will receive.

Say this to God for instance: "Thank you Lord for clearing the clouds in my mind". Even if it isn't cleared yet, by placing your faith in Him like that, you will surely see how fast it's cleared.

Concerning the questions of hell and God's manner of not intervening, I don't have the answers at present, I have to be truthful. But we can look for it, together.

Much love
teraside

The two questions I posted in the original post are the two biggest ones I can not get passed. If we could start there tha'd be great ; )

Staff Member
If God is all powerful, why does he do nothing to stop these things? If I was going to be burned alive, and one of my friends who might not even love me had the ability to put me out, I know that he/she would. So why does God not?

God gives us a free will. Adam sinned so we live in a world of sin. One friend could rescue you but that would be God sending them along to do so. He is all powerful.

As regards people burning in hell. We all are given the chance to have eternal life. Some choose to reject Jesus. We either accept Him or reject Him. God is love and does not want any to perish. John3.16.

God bless

LLJ :love: :rainbow: :rose:

God gives us a free will. Adam sinned so we live in a world of sin. One friend could rescue you but that would be God sending them along to do so. He is all powerful.

As regards people burning in hell. We all are given the chance to have eternal life. Some choose to reject Jesus. We either accept Him or reject Him. God is love and does not want any to perish. John3.16.

God bless

LLJ :love: :rainbow: :rose:

Well said, but here are my follow up questions:

If :

God is love and does not want any to perish. John3.16.

then:

Why does anyone perish? God can easily stop all from perishing at any time. If he wanted no one to perish, and he is all powerful (which he is), then why does he not stop it? If he wants it, why does he not... do it?

2. You say that if a friend went to save me that it would be because God sent him to save me, but you also say that God gives us free will. That seems like a contradiction. Is it not my friends free will to save me? How does it become God's doing and not this friends doing?

3. Yes we live in a world of sin. God knew we would. He knew once he gave Adam the choice to sin that he would. God is all knowing. He knew what would happen. He knew who would go to hell and who wouldn't when they were created. Why would a God of Love create a faulty human (Adam) knowing that it would send most people who ever exist into hell? He knew, is the point I am trying to make. Free will aside, God knew all the choices we would make long before we made them, and he created us anyway. We are merely his movie playing out in front of him. If he knew the movie was so horrifying, filled with despair and agony, why produce it?

Thank you for your reply Lady ;) I look forward to your response(s), and any one else who who will try and help me understand. Thank you all.

Administrator
Staff Member
Well said, but here are my follow up questions:

If :

God is love and does not want any to perish. John3.16.

then:

Why does anyone perish? God can easily stop all from perishing at any time. If he wanted no one to perish, and he is all powerful (which he is), then why does he not stop it? If he wants it, why does he not... do it?

2. You say that if a friend went to save me that it would be because God sent him to save me, but you also say that God gives us free will. That seems like a contradiction. Is it not my friends free will to save me? How does it become God's doing and not this friends doing?

3. Yes we live in a world of sin. God knew we would. He knew once he gave Adam the choice to sin that he would. God is all knowing. He knew what would happen. He knew who would go to hell and who wouldn't when they were created. Why would a God of Love create a faulty human (Adam) knowing that it would send most people who ever exist into hell? He knew, is the point I am trying to make. Free will aside, God knew all the choices we would make long before we made them, and he created us anyway. We are merely his movie playing out in front of him. If he knew the movie was so horrifying, filled with despair and agony, why produce it?

Thank you for your reply Lady ;) I look forward to your response(s), and any one else who who will try and help me understand. Thank you all.

GOD does not force us to love Him in return to His love for us originally. That is why people persish: they sin and reject Jesus Christ's forgiveness. Its their "free will", not GOD's force. I am saved and will spend eternity with GOD by His grace and my will to choose that awesome forgiveness in Jesus.

That's an easy answer. All good comes from GOD alone. Ask yourself this question: "If a friend came to save me, then where did he learn to do this good deed in the first place"? All good comes from GOD.

Adam was created perfectly by GOD. Adam, out of his own free will sinned (rebelled) against GOD.

Remember, how can love be genuine without a free choice, without another alternative option? You either choose to love GOD or you don't. Nothing difficult whatsoever about this.

Would you force people to love you? Would it feel sincere and genuine? Not one bit. Love requires two options to choose from. You either love GOD and follow Him, or you reject Him thereby, sinning and eventually eternal damnation.

GOD does not force us to love Him in return to His love for us originally. That is why people persish: they sin and reject Jesus Christ's forgiveness. Its their "free will", not GOD's force. I am saved and will spend eternity with GOD by His grace and my will to choose that awesome forgiveness in Jesus.

That's an easy answer. All good comes from GOD alone. Ask yourself this question: "If a friend came to save me, then where did he learn to do this good deed in the first place"? All good comes from GOD.

Adam was created perfectly by GOD. Adam, out of his own free will sinned (rebelled) against GOD.

Remember, how can love be genuine without a free choice, without another alternative option? You either choose to love GOD or you don't. Nothing difficult whatsoever about this.

Would you force people to love you? Would it feel sincere and genuine? Not one bit. Love requires two options to choose from. You either love GOD and follow Him, or you reject Him thereby, sinning and eventually eternal damnation.

Thank you Chad I feel some clarity after reading this. I guess my biggest issue comes down to this:

How can I learn to love God? I want to, but in reality, if I am honest with myself, all I really would be seeking is "Fire Insurance".

The idea of hell is terrifying to anyone, and of course then I would reach to God for help, but I would not be reaching to him out of love, but out of fear. I don't think this is what God wants. How to get to know and Love God instead of fear him is my biggest issue. He certainly is a God of love, but at the same time he will allow many people to burn forever. It is very hard to wrap my mind around that. I'm not the brightest crayon in the box if ya know what I mean, so understanding things like that don't come so easy.

Administrator
Staff Member
Your right, GOD wants us to reach out for Him in love to Him and receive the love from Him. He does not want us to fear Him in the negative sense. Actually, He wants to give us peace, comfort, love through Jesus Christ - to prevent us from eternal hell (originally intended *only* for satan and his fallen angels). This is why Jesus (Son of GOD, GOD incarnate) paid the brutal, unimaginable price on Calvary, the Cross we all know.

To respond to your very first post about the death Jesus paid:

Jesus not only was flogged to near death prior to being nailed, but He was flogged and smitten beyond physical recognition.
This is the Son of GOD whom it was happening to.

Jesus was spat on numerous times. On the last day of His being on earth while He was being physically tortured prior to being nailed on the Cross.

Jesus was nailed to the Cross by large rusty spikes. Scientifically speaking, the nail going through a hand is equivalent to lightning striking through the body.

Jesus while dying on the Cross, had 3 giant nails pierced through His body. One each hand, and His feet.

Jesus paid the spiritual punishment on our behalf as well. This is world inclusive, from Adam to the last man alive.

GOD's love letter to us, the Word=the Bible started prior to Jesus' coming. This is GOD's love in advance for us. Our GOD, our Creator has forgiven us endlessly while we rejected Him, blessed us immensely while we kept sinning against Him. He has warned us of false prophets, consequence of sins, given us wisdom, guidance, ability to pray, the Holy Spirit to help us pray with us and even on our behalf when we cannot express what we feel, to GOD.

The food on your table is His gift. Not your day labor's reward. The family and people you love are His creation, your blessed gifts from Him. Not your own good deeds to make good relationships with them. The material possession is His gifts to you, not your own handiwork or hard day's "payoff".

GOD loves you and that's final. People reject Jesus, that is their free choice.

As for all the wrongs in this world, its 100% our fault. No questions, no swaying around, no compromising with GOD, no negotiating, no excuses.

It's so lovely to see you back.

I collapsed under the pressure and turned against him in the most severe of ways. He took everything, and I simply was not strong enough to continue while not feeling his hand on me.

First off, these attacks came from satan, and not from God. If you read the chapters 1-4 of Job, this will confirm this. Job never did anything wrong, but still the attacks came and he lost everything. But Job still kept his integrity and never blamed God for them. Sometimes in life, one will not do anything wrong, and are an obedient servant to God as Job was, but for some reason, one will get attacked and things will happen in our lives.

Job 1:8 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

For what I have read above, I don't think you have gone out killed someone, or gone out and committed adultery, you walked away from God because of everything that you lossed, just like Job.

Luk 15:24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

How to get to know and Love God instead of fear him is my biggest issue.

Fearing God is not a bad thing either. I fear God. I think if I did not have that fear for Him, I would have no respect for Him and I would go out and continue with sin. I see that fear, as a help to me, I certainly don't see it as a hindrance. Of course when God lifts me up spiritually, it so much more of a blessing.

God tells us in this verse:

2Co 7:15 And his inward affection is more abundant toward you, whilst he remembereth the obedience of you all, how with fear and trembling ye received him.

2Co 7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Php 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

I do not see it as shameful to be afraid of Him at all, I love Him, but I have so much respect for Him, I fear Him and I am extremely grateful for that fear. If I didn't have that fear, I would do a lot more other things.

Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;

Through our Lord Jesus Christ, I speak to our Father in Heaven and ask Him to change me, as there are many things that still need to be sorted out with me. A lot of things need go from my life and He guides me, and slowly He takes all the darkness away. "God is light and in Him there is no darkness"

All I know, without Him, I can't do it. He gives me the strength, which the world can't give me.

I would like to thank all of you for your posts. Chad, your posts were extremely helpful to me, in gaining the understanding that I needed. Terraside, thank you so much, you have always been so kind to me, I just can't thank you enough. WoL, thank you, you have always helped give me clarity.

I think I finally am truly at the point in my life where I understand enough to devote my life to Christ. I really thought I was the first time around, but I failed to understand so many key issues that kept me in darkness.

I would like to confess my sins publicly, and ask for God's grace and forgiveness. Before I found out what real Christianity was in 2006 I was an adulterer, among other things. I stole software, I stole music, I lied and cheated.

When I left my attempt at Christianity 6 months ago I fell into all of those things again, and worse. I returned to a life of adultery, and on top of everything else this time, added alcohol in extreme excess. I also openly said on these forums that I thought I hated God, and Christianity.

I am trying my best to repent, and cut sin out of my life again. All of my pirated software is going away, I will never commit adultery again, and I am done with my partying lifestyle that I have grown into.

I believe Jesus Christ paid for my sins. I believe he is the only way, and with the strength that God can give me, I believe I can follow his path for the rest of my life. I am so sorry for the things I did specifically against God. The negative thoughts I have had for him, as he still provided me a place to sleep, meals to eat, and two loving parents. I realize now that every good thing I have ever had, has come from God. I had spit in his face, and thrown his word back at him, and he continued to take care of me, and run faster ahead of me than I could run away from him. Thank you God for who you are.

I am so sorry I have been such a burden to everyone :X I would like to ask for your forgiveness in my actions. I assure I am finished being a burden, and thank the community here at Talk Jesus for their help and support, and answers to my questions. Genuinely I am so thankful, I can not thank you all enough.

I praise God for you Jculver! I thank you for being my friend also, I appreciate you and I love you. I'm sorry I couldn't help with those questions, but I will try my best to help if you have more.

Sometimes it's good to swallow and accept what is given to us. We live from the Words of God, that is what keeps us alive.

I have done worse things than you have brother Jculver, so much worse, but God continues to help me with it. We can't change in a flash of a second, not at this moment in time. But through months and weeks, Jesus helps us to change.

Remember, repenting is turning away from your past sins, confessing is about Jesus, for He is our true confession. Love is about service, as Jesus washed His disciples feet and friends are body parts of Jesus Christ's body, given from God for us.

God bless you! I will keep you in my prayers ;)

Hello John,

I have read your thread. Some would select from it and reply in particular. I am not going to follow that route. Your threads/post's when you visited before also indicate your reading and studies.

I like this web-site because it is called 'talkjesus'.

I could engage in debate re the O.P. But why? To what end dear brother? To win an argument....God forbid. There is something of greater value here and that is your life.

Not your situation! Your Life! God wants you.....and when he has got you, the situation will take care of its-self.

Forgive if I seem to patronise, or appear simplistic. I am sincerely making an effort to help you.

I have the greatest respect for what you say, and your right to say it.

I think I finally am truly at the point in my life where I understand enough to devote my life to Christ. I really thought I was the first time around, but I failed to understand so many key issues that kept me in darkness.

I am glad to hear that. The battle is hard, but if you have that relationship with God daily, He will help you and strenghten you. Just take each day at a time, as each day is a new day, with new challenges, but God will give you enough strength to get though that day:

Mat 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Just take note, at the end of that scripture, “Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof” There is enough evil in one day to take care off and overcome, so why worry about tomorrows evil. God will give you enough strength to get through that one day, He will not let you down.

I was always a planner, but God is teaching me, just to get through one day at a time. I suffered from anxiety attacks, it was a huge problem with me and I was on medication for 7 years, but with Gods help I have overcome this, just by taking one day at a time and not worrying about tomorrow. I used to anticipate things happening, before they even happened, so basically I went through things twice, the anticipation feeling, and if it did happen, I went through the whole process again.

I would like to confess my sins publicly, and ask for God's grace and forgiveness. Before I found out what real Christianity was in 2006 I was an adulterer, among other things. I stole software, I stole music, I lied and cheated.

When I left my attempt at Christianity 6 months ago I fell into all of those things again, and worse. I returned to a life of adultery, and on top of everything else this time, added alcohol in extreme excess. I also openly said on these forums that I thought I hated God, and Christianity.

Confessing our sins to our brothers and sisters in Christ, is admirable. We need each other, we need that strength, upliftment and support from each other.

Rom 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
1Th 5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

I am trying my best to repent, and cut sin out of my life again. All of my pirated software is going away, I will never commit adultery again, and I am done with my partying lifestyle that I have grown into.

God will forgive you, as He did with the prodigal son. The prodigal son went off, back to the worldly ways, partied away his money, on women and wine, but he returned back again and said “I sinned against Heaven” Deal with one thing at a time. Trust God to show you, what needs to go at that time, and He will tell you, you just need to trust Him. I smoked, was addicted to medical drugs, and I loved my drink. Gradually He took each of these away. It was hard, I admit, but I took one day at time. He will be there.

Luk 15:24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

But the only way you can overcome sin, is by staying with Him and relying on Him for His strength, so that you can overcome all your sins. If you are having problems, you must tell Him so. He knows that we are weak.

Psa 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Jesus came to heal the sick, that’s you, me and everyone else at TalkJesus and in the world.

Mat 9:11-13 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners? But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance

If we want the healing, we will be healed, but we do need to stay close to God and believe, that He is our healer, put our full trust in Him rather then man and He will provide and give us the answers and He will heal us. One needs to remember what Jesus did to the earlier followers/Christians. He drove out the unclean spirits from them, that's the first thing He did?

Mar 16:9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

(Mat 10:8) Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
(Luk 9:2) And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.
(Luk 10:9) And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

This is spiritual battle we are in. It has nothing to with flesh and blood, so one needs to be clean from all spiritual darkness.

1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Last edited:
Hey jculver, I really enjoyed this thread. I loved your questions, I have asked a couple of those myself at one time or another. I thank you for your honesty.

It must be a week for confessions
Though as it has been said before we do not have to necessarily confess to mankind, Only to God. It is very refreshing to see the 'realness' of people and honesty. I just want to let you know that you are not alone, and God's love abounds and is neverending.

Now you have the knowledge that perhaps before you did not have. And I would like to believe you are in that safe place, you really know that Jesus is the way, and the truth and the life. You probably have experienced how much our sin separates us from God, and it is a horrible place to be, but by His Grace you are back in the fold, and I am so very happy for you and I praise God so very much for drawing you back to Him and to us here at TJ.

I encourage you to remain on guard against the enemy. It is times like these where he may try and mess with our minds. We are in a spiritual battle. So stay in the Word, and stand on it's truth. There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

:girl_hug:Calluna

The intellect or the mind should never reign over the Holy Spirit.

After reading this whole thread today for the first time, that is all I have to say.