• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Immigration. There is no such thing as illegal immigrants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
God only created one earth for all human beings to live in harmony. Here are seven Bible verses about immigration. God and the bible are crystal clear about immigration. Anyone who are against immigrants and agree with the concept of illegal immigration is obviously not a follower of Christ. Hatred is not of God.

Leviticus 19:33-34 “When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.”
What seems to be a recent “hot button” issue was addressed thousands of years ago in Scripture and it was the fact that whenever a stranger joins the congregation, they are not to “do him (or her) wrong”but rather, “treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you.” That means, “you shall love him as yourself,” or as Jesus said, “you shall love your neighbor as yourself” (Mark 12:31). God reminds Israel (and us) that we too “were strangers in the land of Egypt,” or for believer’s, we were once a people, not of God, but of the world (2nd Cor 4:3-4), and dead in our sins (Eph 2:1-2).

Staff Member
Greetings sister @Christ Child

The tone of your post makes it appear that you are very angry.

It makes me wonder whether you are going through a personal struggle regarding immigration issues.. (You don't need to answer this)

In the Lord's eyes we are one of two things......saved or unsaved
No-one is better than anyone else....His beautiful love abounds to all

And as believers yes we are exhorted to love one another.

So in many ways you are right sister.

However, there are immigration laws in place worldwide which vary in terms of strictness and penalty for breeching those laws. Some of those laws may seem unreasonable. However, countries have them in place to protect their borders and their citizens and residents and to monitor the population in a controlled way, there is nothing wrong with that.

As Christians we can still love and care whilst abiding by the laws of the land.
We can still love and pray for immigrants whether legal or illegal

Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
John 13:34

Greetings sister @Christ Child

The tone of your post makes it appear that you are very angry.

It makes me wonder whether you are going through a personal struggle regarding immigration issues.. (You don't need to answer this)

In the Lord's eyes we are one of two things......saved or unsaved
No-one is better than anyone else....His beautiful love abounds to all

And as believers yes we are exhorted to love one another.

So in many ways you are right sister.

However, there are immigration laws in place worldwide which vary in terms of strictness and penalty for breeching those laws. Some of those laws may seem unreasonable. However, countries have them in place to protect their borders and their citizens and residents and to monitor the population in a controlled way, there is nothing wrong with that.

As Christians we can still love and care whilst abiding by the laws of the land.
We can still love and pray for immigrants whether legal or illegal

Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
John 13:34

I'm not angry at all you are Fragrant Grace it shows on the tone and length of your reply. It's very hypocritical and unchristian to think the way you think. There is only one law and it's God laws not human laws. I'm not sure where are you from. You obviously don't know about American history and if you are born in the Us it's sad that you don't know the history of this country. Technically the only people who have the birthright to be here are the Natives. The Whites came to America and stole the land from the natives and killed them all, genocide. The Whites like you pale skin people not only came here illegally but killed and stole the Natives land. America is for all immigrants not for Whites only. It's seemed that you want to go back to the Whites only life. Historically the Whites in America are the one who are not home and came here illegally. So now I found it very hypocritical to call anyone who come here an illegal immigrant. Blacks were forced by pale skin people whites to come here so they are home. America is 2 parts the North and the South so anyone who is from the South is home in the North. South Americans, Caribbean people are all home in North America. It's called the Americas. Look at a map of the world look a the geography it does not lie. So any Mexicans, Haitians are home already. Mexico and New Mexico is a few feet away meaning it's the same land. Haiti to Miami 30 minutes by plane meaning Haitians are home. European Americans who killed the Natives and stole their land it's 8 hours by plane to go back to Europe so clearly the only group of people who are not home are the pale skin white people. Do not respond to me if you refuse to swallow these truths. I don't have time to go back and forth with you. I just posted this on the forum so people can understand that their thinking and beliefs are not of God and that they are wrong. Unfortunately you replied with still confrontation and zero understanding and comprehension quite sad.

Loyal
God only created one earth for all human beings to live in harmony. Here are seven Bible verses about immigration. God and the bible are crystal clear about immigration. Anyone who are against immigrants and agree with the concept of illegal immigration is obviously not a follower of Christ. Hatred is not of God.

Leviticus 19:33-34 “When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.”
What seems to be a recent “hot button” issue was addressed thousands of years ago in Scripture and it was the fact that whenever a stranger joins the congregation, they are not to “do him (or her) wrong”but rather, “treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you.” That means, “you shall love him as yourself,” or as Jesus said, “you shall love your neighbor as yourself” (Mark 12:31). God reminds Israel (and us) that we too “were strangers in the land of Egypt,” or for believer’s, we were once a people, not of God, but of the world (2nd Cor 4:3-4), and dead in our sins (Eph 2:1-2).
If what you say is correct, God broke His own laws. when He gave Israel their own country... Then...He ackowledged several countries without once saying it was wrong to separate into countries...with borders. Look!
Following is a partial list of different nations/countries mentioned in the Bible.

1. Achaia, Acts 18:12, 27; 19:21; Romans 15:26; 1 Corinthians 16:15; 2 Corinthians 1:1; 9:2; 11:10; 1 Thessalonians 1:7,8
  2. Aram (modern Syria), 2 Kings 5:1; 12:17; Isaiah 7:1, 4; Ezekiel 27:16; Hosea 12:12; Amos 1:5
  3. Asia, Acts 2:9; 6:9; 19:10; Romans 16:5; 1 Corinthians 16:19; 2 Timothy 1:15; Revelation 1:4
  4. Assyria, Isaiah 10:24; 31:8, 52:4, Micah 5:5, 6
  5. Arabia, 2 Chronicles 9:14; Isaiah 21:13; Jeremiah 25:24; Ezekiel 27:21; Galatians 1:17; 4:25
  6. Babylon, 2 Kings 17:24; 1 Chronicles 9:1; Isaiah 13:1;Jeremiah 20:4; Daniel 1:1; Revelation 14:8
  7. Canaan, Genesis 10:18; 12:6; Exodus 3:8; Numbers 33:40; Joshua 3:10; Matthew 15:22
  8. Cappadocia, Acts 2:9; 1 Peter 1:1
  9. Cilicia, Acts 6:9; 15:23, 41; 21:39; 22:3; 23:34; 27:5; Galatians 1:21
  10. Crete, Acts 27:7, 12, 13, 21; Titus 1:5
  11. Cush, Genesis 2:13; 10:6-8; 2 Kings 19:9; 1 Chronicles 1:8-10; Psalm 7:1; Isaiah 11:11; 20:3-5
  12. Cyrene, Matthew 27:32; Mark 15:21; Acts 2:10; 11:20; 13:1
  13. Elam, Genesis 14:1, 9; Ezra 2:7; 4:9; Nehemiah 7:12; Jeremiah 25:25; Ezekiel 32:24; Acts 2:9
  14. Egypt, Genesis 16:1, 21:9; Exodus 1:19; Leviticus 24:10; Deuteronomy 23:7, Acts 7:24, 28
  15. Ethiopia, Esther 1:1; Job 28:19; Psalm 68:31; Ezekiel 29:10; Amos 9:7; Zephaniah 3:10
  16. Greece, Daniel 8:21; 10:20; 11:2; Zechariah 9:13; Acts 20:2
  17. India, Esther 1:1; 8:9
  18. Italy, Acts 18:2; 27:1, 6; Hebrews 13:24.
  19. Lebanon, Deuteronomy 1:7; 3:25; Joshua 1:4; 1 Kings 4:33; 2 Chronicles 2:8; Ezra 3:7; Psalm 29:5; Isaiah 2:13; Jeremiah 18:14; Ezekiel 17:3; Hosea 14:5; Zechariah 10:10
  20. Libya, Ezekiel 30:5; Acts 2:10
  21. Macedonia, Acts 16:9; 18:5; 19:21; Romans 15:26; Philippians 4:15; 1 Timothy 1:3
  22. Medes, 2 Kings 17:6; 18:11; Isaiah 13:17; Daniel 5:28; Acts 2:9
  23. Mesopotamia, Genesis 24:10; Deuteronomy 23:4; Judges 3:8; Acts 2:9; 7:2
  24. Midian, Genesis 37:28; Numbers 10:29; 25:6, 14, 15
  25. Moab, Deuteronomy 23:3, Ruth 1:4; 2:6; 1 Kings 11:1; Nehemiah 13:1
  26. Pamphylia, Acts 2:10; 14:24; 15:38; 27:5
  27. Parthians, Acts 2:9
  28. Persia, 2 Chronicles 36:20, 22, 23; Ezra 1:1, 2, 8; Ezekiel 27:10; Daniel 8:20
  29. Phrygia, Acts 2:10; 18:23
  30. Pontus, Acts 2:9; 18:2; 1 Peter 1:1
  31. Samaria, 1 Kings 13:32; 2 Kings 1:2; Isaiah 7:9; 10:10; Ezekiel 16:46; Hosea 7:1; Amos 3:9; Obadiah 19; Micah 1:1; John 4:4; Acts 1:8
  32. Scythia, Colossians 3:11
  33. Spain, Romans 15:24, 28 Your pseudo political rant is based on nothing but pseudo politics...Rethink!

Loyal
I'm not angry at all you are Fragrant Grace it shows on the tone and length of your reply. It's very hypocritical and unchristian to think the way you think. There is only one law and it's God laws not human laws. I'm not sure where are you from. You obviously don't know about American history and if you are born in the Us it's sad that you don't know the history of this country. Technically the only people who have the birthright to be here are the Natives. The Whites came to America and stole the land from the natives and killed them all, genocide. The Whites like you pale skin people not only came here illegally but killed and stole the Natives land. America is for all immigrants not for Whites only. It's seemed that you want to go back to the Whites only life. Historically the Whites in America are the one who are not home and came here illegally. So now I found it very hypocritical to call anyone who come here an illegal immigrant. Blacks were forced by pale skin people whites to come here so they are home. America is 2 parts the North and the South so anyone who is from the South is home in the North. South Americans, Caribbean people are all home in North America. It's called the Americas. Look at a map of the world look a the geography it does not lie. So any Mexicans, Haitians are home already. Mexico and New Mexico is a few feet away meaning it's the same land. Haiti to Miami 30 minutes by plane meaning Haitians are home. European Americans who killed the Natives and stole their land it's 8 hours by plane to go back to Europe so clearly the only group of people who are not home are the pale skin white people. Do not respond to me if you refuse to swallow these truths. I don't have time to go back and forth with you. I just posted this on the forum so people can understand that their thinking and beliefs are not of God and that they are wrong. Unfortunately you replied with still confrontation and zero understanding and comprehension quite sad.
That's interesting...She said "Technically the only people who have the birthright to be here are the Natives. The Whites came to America and stole the land from the natives and killed them all, genocide." Ok..So the people we call aboriginals or natives in this land were the first? What about the people they displaced? When these 'natives' came to North America there were already large populations of peoples living here...The mound builders were here long before the so called natives. Yet the so called natives drove them out. The Mound Builders of Ohio had trade routes stretching all the way to Mexico City. All the way to the west coast. Yet they were driven from their lands, they were killed by the thousands so the so called natives could occupy their lands...This happened all the way across the North American continent and from sout to north. Stop whining about stuff you know nothing about, making false accusations and statements... It only makes you look silly.
And btw...You're spouting racism here...No room for that kiddo. As if light skin was worse than dark skin? Really? Wake up!
I suppose I could have answered this in a more loving way but.....This junk does not deserve it.

My family has been in this land since 1616. We were the first white family to establish a permanent residence in this land....THAT makes me a native. And my family as well.

Staff Member
I'm not angry at all you are Fragrant Grace it shows on the tone and length of your reply. It's very hypocritical and unchristian to think the way you think.

Greetings again sister @Christ Child,

Perhaps you could explain which part of my post is angry, hypocritical and unchristian.
I apologise if I offended you in anyway....but I am having difficulty seeing how I did this.

The Whites like you pale skin people not only came here illegally but killed and stole the Natives land. America is for all immigrants not for Whites only. It's seemed that you want to go back to the Whites only life. .

Really sister.....that is all rather judgemental and racist.....'pale skin people'
You know nothing of my background, nor anyone elses here

The Lord in His great creation has made a diversity of races, all beautiful.
Sadly all born sinners in need of a Saviour.

Are you safe in the fold.....saved by the Lord's grace and mercy?

One door and only one
And yet it's sides are two
Inside and outside
On which side are you?

Do not respond to me if you refuse to swallow these truths. I don't have time to go back and forth with you. I just posted this on the forum so people can understand that their thinking and beliefs are not of God and that they are wrong. Unfortunately you replied with still confrontation and zero understanding and comprehension quite sad.

It may be helpful for you to read some of what brother Bendito has written.
He has supplied background information and backed it with scripture
Thank you @Bendito

Look to the Lord sister @Christ Child

Staff Member
Greetings,

Perhaps if you could expand on this point you made, it would help to better understand?

the concept of illegal immigration
After all, what is 'illegal immigration?

Is it those who enter in illegally?
You gave some Scripture to back what you were saying but what about other Scripture that shows that 'illegal immigration' is against the way of God?

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. John 10:1

Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. Matthew 25:11-12

And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: and he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Matthew 22:11-13

Can you see that in these verses, there is definitely a law in effect regarding entering into the Kingdom of God? Not all are welcome, at least, on their own terms. People have to abide by the rules of the land or kingdom in order to be able to both enter and stay.

Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: Hebrews 4:6

If it is good enough for Jesus then why should any professing Christian have a difficulty with any earthly country doing similar?

For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities
. Jude 1:4-8

There are many other Scriptures for us to read and see that 'immigration' into the Kingdom is not an open door for anyone and everyone. There is a 'process' that must be adhered to.

Bless you ....><>

Loyal

If anyone was born and lived a good part of their life here, they are a native. As to who was here before that was driven out, its the nature of the fallen world for people to fight over lands and trinkets or food or good water. As long as you dont do this, it is not your sin. Neither is it the sin of the child for the sins of the fathers. And their is borders and walls around Jerusalem and the temple of God, as God intended in ancient times, so do you say that God was wrong or that perhaps the need for walls and borders are somehow changed from ancient times? Has the heart of man changed away from violence and the desire to rape and pillage their neighbors? All that you need worry about is your own heart and following the 2 commandments Jesus put forward as the greatest.

Loyal
It may be helpful for you to read some of what brother Bendito has written.
He has supplied background information and backed it with scripture
Thank you @Bendito
Anything for my little sister..
I'm afraid I get triggered (in the parlance of the sjw) Racism, lies, and ignorance are repugnant to me. I find it difficult to it respond to in a civil tone.

Active
[for me anyway] you fail to rightly divide the Word of Truth by excluding (Romans 13:-5) & (1 Peter 2:13-15) which command us to submit to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: you are speaking from how we as believers ought to be in which you are correct; but your title is what they do is not illegal, which clearly it is.
What is illegal is illegal inasmuch as what sin is is sin, whether we agree with it or not: wherefore do you think that it is right to do wrong?

Loyal
I agree that saying that there is no such thing as an illegal immigration is not the best way to frame the discussion. If a government rules something illegal, then it is illegal, regardless of whether that ruling is just, unjust, wise or foolish.

The Bible is full of stories of migration - expulsion from Eden, the tower of Babel, Abraham, the Exodus and entrance to the promised land, the exile and return, Mary and Joseph's flight to Egypt, to name a few of the most prominent ones.

A better way forward might be to ask, "what can we discern about God's attitude to immigration, hospitality and living in cultures where we are foreigners from all these stories?"

If we can get a good handle on that question, we are better equipped to ask, "what implications might all this have for immigration policy today?"

Loyal
[for me anyway] you fail to rightly divide the Word of Truth by excluding (Romans 13:-5) & (1 Peter 2:13-15) which command us to submit to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: you are speaking from how we as believers ought to be in which you are correct; but your title is what they do is not illegal, which clearly it is.
What is illegal is illegal inasmuch as what sin is is sin, whether we agree with it or not: wherefore do you think that it is right to do wrong?
Were you born in this country?

Active

Not allowing someone into your country is not necessarily hatred for them. In the case of extremists, it would be hatred of your own people.

Do you open your house door to an enemy who has shown they want to murder your defenseless children? I think not.

Loyal
Not allowing someone into your country is not necessarily hatred for them. In the case of extremists, it would be hatred of your own people.

Do you open your house door to an enemy who has shown they want to murder your defenseless children? I think not.

Is your position that every country should allow all people to enter, unless they are shown to be a threat to that nation's security?

Loyal
Is your position that every country should allow all people to enter, unless they are shown to be a threat to that nation's security?

My first inclination here is to say yes. But of course everyone has a different idea about what a "threat to national security" is.
For the Jews in the Bible, it was as simple do they follow God or not? If not, don't intermingle and intermarry with them.
If they want to be a Jew (religiously) then by all means let them. The US was founded on Christianity. For 400 years the
immigrants coming here were mostly trying to escape religious persecution.

Despite all the nonsense about the illuminati and free-masons, most of the founding fathers were Christians.
Now most of the people coming here aren't really coming here to escape religious persecution (admittedly some are).
But many are coming here to "be" the religious persecution against Christians

Before the Jews could take the promised land, they had to kill off most of the Canaanites. The Bible seems to indicate that this is what
God wanted, perhaps so the blood-line s wouldn't be tainted, but more so so that the religious beliefs wouldn't be tainted. How
many times did this happen in the old testament? Over a dozen times. (Not just with Canaanites in the promised land)

Did God want 7 million Jews killed in Nazi Germany? Did God want millions of native Americans killed by invading Europeans?
I don't know, but the side effect of some of this was.... there is a lot less native American shamanism and spiritualism than there would
have been otherwise. But still... despite it's small beginnings... it has crept into mainstream society. Here in the northwest US almost
every knick-knack shop, health-food store, and novelty store has something about the wolf-spirit and mother earth and dream catchers.

The biggest threat to a country isn't always bombs and guns.

Active
I would say, no. The leader / s of a country should consider their people's well being in all things. They have a duty to perform. Just as scripture says 'the man of the house is to look after his household' 1 Tim 5:8, 1 Tim 3:5. I like the ''look after others, but especially your own'. Charity starts at home.

Loyal
Ah then let us all be citizens in God's kingdom. Is that not what He wants? Likely, every nation, tribe, culture, race, etc. that has ever existed on this planet, we call Earth, has followed their own ways as a group instead of God's Way. Unfortunately this is true of many who supposedly considered themselves to be on the Lord's side [church organizations for example].

Someone already mentioned the two great commandments but I will post them to refresh everyone's memory on that point:

"Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." Matt 22:36-40

Then reading those, some might ask, Who is my neighbor? And Jesus also respond to that question:

"But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?
And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.
And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.
But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.
Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?
And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise." Luke 10:29-37

If a person had read carefully the scriptures, he would know that the Samaritans were a mixed race, with Hebrew lineage mixed with non-Hebrews from farther north brought into the land God gave to the northern 10 tribes of Israel under Jeroboam, the first king of the north, by the Assyrians when they carried away many of the Hebrews because of their continued disobedience of God's laws.

The Jews in the south in the land of Judea were quick to discriminate against those people of partially heathen roots, but slow to correct their own sinful ways. So it is among us today with the U.S. of A. and probably most any other nation that now exists...

Just to be clear and honest on this my own natural roots are a mixture of primarily Germanic blood on my father's side [which shows up in me] and primarily "native" American [Indian] blood on my mother's side [which shows up in my only full brother]. With that history, which band wagon should I jump on ...? Having said all of that I want to always be on the Lord's side. That is where our primary citizenship should be, should it not? Should we hold a dual citizenship, such as from the United States and from God? If it is OK with God for us to do so, we already know which one is to be first, do we not as others have already stated?

So then let us simply remember this verse which I cite frequently because it applies always to those love God:

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

For anyone who is overly concerned with the laws of the land, remember that the land and us belong to God... Remember what Jesus said?

"They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's." Matt 22:21

But, everything belongs to God, so what is left for which Caesar may take the priority?

Loyal
I am not to sure on ancient politics, but I guess that the nations in Biblical times did not have border controls in the same way that we do today - people were free to move from one territory to another. If anybody has insight to this, I'd be interested.

The Bible is completely consistent in its instruction on how the people of God were to treat strangers/sojourners/aliens. The verse from Leviticus in the opening post is one of the clearest and most direct.

Over a third of the people in the city which I live were born outside this country. Some are refugees, many are not. The vast, vast majority have come seeking a safe and stable place to live, work and raise families. Still, many are made to feel unwanted and unwelcome.

Our churches have often not been good at offering the hospitality that we are commanded to. Sometimes this is just that we are slow to react. There has been a large movement of people from Eastern Europe for the past 20 years, and - with the exception of the Roman Catholic Church - we have not found ways to make Poles, Bulgarians, Hungarians and others feel welcome. I think that we are often blinkered or unwilling to be imaginative.

Jesus' words, "I was a stranger, and you didn't invite me into your home" ought to trouble all of us.

Loyal
I am not to sure on ancient politics, but I guess that the nations in Biblical times did not have border controls in the same way that we do today - people were free to move from one territory to another. If anybody has insight to this, I'd be interested.

The Bible is completely consistent in its instruction on how the people of God were to treat strangers/sojourners/aliens. The verse from Leviticus in the opening post is one of the clearest and most direct.

Over a third of the people in the city which I live were born outside this country. Some are refugees, many are not. The vast, vast majority have come seeking a safe and stable place to live, work and raise families. Still, many are made to feel unwanted and unwelcome.

Our churches have often not been good at offering the hospitality that we are commanded to. Sometimes this is just that we are slow to react. There has been a large movement of people from Eastern Europe for the past 20 years, and - with the exception of the Roman Catholic Church - we have not found ways to make Poles, Bulgarians, Hungarians and others feel welcome. I think that we are often blinkered or unwilling to be imaginative.

Jesus' words, "I was a stranger, and you didn't invite me into your home" ought to trouble all of us.

How many strangers have you invited to live with you into your home... just want to be sure you live according to what you are preaching, before I would consider responding.

That's interesting...She said "Technically the only people who have the birthright to be here are the Natives. The Whites came to America and stole the land from the natives and killed them all, genocide." Ok..So the people we call aboriginals or natives in this land were the first? What about the people they displaced? When these 'natives' came to North America there were already large populations of peoples living here...The mound builders were here long before the so called natives. Yet the so called natives drove them out. The Mound Builders of Ohio had trade routes stretching all the way to Mexico City. All the way to the west coast. Yet they were driven from their lands, they were killed by the thousands so the so called natives could occupy their lands...This happened all the way across the North American continent and from sout to north. Stop whining about stuff you know nothing about, making false accusations and statements... It only makes you look silly.
And btw...You're spouting racism here...No room for that kiddo. As if light skin was worse than dark skin? Really? Wake up!
I suppose I could have answered this in a more loving way but.....This junk does not deserve it.

My family has been in this land since 1616. We were the first white family to establish a permanent residence in this land....THAT makes me a native. And my family as well.

Bendito you are mad because I spoke the truth. You are the one who don't know anything about American history and you like many Whites ignore the truth that this land will never be yours. Your true roots ancestors are from Europe. The Whites did evil crimes and took a land from a people the Natives put this in your brain you can't erase history.

Status
Not open for further replies.