• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loyal
The Lord Jesus recently impressed it upon my heart to write a book and to place it here on the internet. “I Married My Dad” is a book being written by Sue J Love, from the perspective of a wife of a recovering sex (lust) addict.

It is being written for the purpose to be an encouragement to others, like me and my husband, who have gone through this battle, or who are presently going through this battle of sex (lust) addiction and the affects that it has had or is presently having on individual lives, and on many marriages.

The book is in process, so each new post will be a new chapter, following my husband’s forward, which he is presently writing for this book.

It is my prayer that God will use our story to give hope and healing to the many men and women who are presently suffering the wounds of sexual addiction, either as those who are the sexually addicted, or as those who are married to those who are sexually addicted. There is hope and healing through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, for he died on a cross many years ago, and he was resurrected from the dead, too, in order that you and I might die to our sins and live to his righteousness. By his stripes (his wounds) you can be healed! (1 Pet. 2:24)

You can read the book here:

I Married My Dad

Loyal
I have bookmarked it on my computer and will be reading along as you progress. Give God the glory!

Loyal
The Lord Jesus recently impressed it upon my heart to write a book and to place it here on the internet. “I Married My Dad” is a book being written by Sue J Love, from the perspective of a wife of a recovering sex (lust) addict.

It is being written for the purpose to be an encouragement to others, like me and my husband, who have gone through this battle, or who are presently going through this battle of sex (lust) addiction and the affects that it has had or is presently having on individual lives, and on many marriages.

The book is in process, so each new post will be a new chapter, following my husband’s forward, which he is presently writing for this book.

It is my prayer that God will use our story to give hope and healing to the many men and women who are presently suffering the wounds of sexual addiction, either as those who are the sexually addicted, or as those who are married to those who are sexually addicted. There is hope and healing through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, for he died on a cross many years ago, and he was resurrected from the dead, too, in order that you and I might die to our sins and live to his righteousness. By his stripes (his wounds) you can be healed! (1 Pet. 2:24)

You can read the book here:

I Married My Dad

Writing a book is a big job...God bless you as you do the deed, my friend...I'll read along too....

Loyal
Writing a book is a big job...God bless you as you do the deed, my friend...I'll read along too....

Thanks, Bendito. The posts will be on this blog site: Walking Wounded. The book is not the only thing I am writing on there, so other than the first post, titled I Married My Dad, all the subsequent ones will have the name "book" in them to signify that they are part of the book. There are presently 3 book entries on this site. I am glad you are going to read it.

Loyal
Thanks, Bendito. The posts will be on this blog site: Walking Wounded. The book is not the only thing I am writing on there, so other than the first post, titled I Married My Dad, all the subsequent ones will have the name "book" in them to signify that they are part of the book. There are presently 3 book entries on this site. I am glad you are going to read it.
I'm almost finished the first draft of my latest work...I will probably have to rewrite another three times before its ready. LOL People think the first draft is the book but no....no...no....Thats barely an outline...Now it needs to be refined and tweaked...Books are WORK! But YOU can do it....Go for it! I think your book would fall into a 'documentary' or similar so you may not need to rewrite so often....I hope not. LOL

Loyal
I'm almost finished the first draft of my latest work...I will probably have to rewrite another three times before its ready. LOL People think the first draft is the book but no....no...no....Thats barely an outline...Now it needs to be refined and tweaked...Books are WORK! But YOU can do it....Go for it! I think your book would fall into a 'documentary' or similar so you may not need to rewrite so often....I hope not. LOL

Thanks, Bendito. I really don't know where this is going to lead, but God does. I believe he wants me to do it this way, and then maybe when it is finished, well he can show me the next steps. One day at a time. :)

Loyal
Thanks, Bendito. I really don't know where this is going to lead, but God does. I believe he wants me to do it this way, and then maybe when it is finished, well he can show me the next steps. One day at a time. :)
One day at a time.....Its definitely a learning experience...LOL

Loyal

What is your book about?

Active
Reading your blog...

4 + 4 children = 8 children? Or you meaning your children are married so you count their spouses too?

Loyal
Reading your blog...

4 + 4 children = 8 children? Or you meaning your children are married so you count their spouses too?

Yes, 4 natural children and their spouses = 8 children. My children are ages 37, 38, 40 & 43, and I have 13 grandchildren ranging in ages from 1 to 18, and number 14 is due in March.

Active
Yes, 4 natural children and their spouses = 8 children. My children are ages 37, 38, 40 & 43, and I have 13 grandchildren ranging in ages from 1 to 18, and number 14 is due in March.
How do you keep track of them all?
I wonder how many children Adam and Eve had, did they have any more after Abel, Cain and Seth.

Loyal
How do you keep track of them all?
I wonder how many children Adam and Eve had, did they have any more after Abel, Cain and Seth.

I don't know. They usually come one at a time, and not all at once, so you have time to get to know one before the next one pops out. I do sometimes say the wrong name for one of them but I usually catch myself right away. I certainly love them all.

Active
Look forward to reading your book Sue, also yours Bendito.
I don't know about mine though. Not sure God has finished with me yet lol

Active
Am up to chapter 9. Yes its important Sue to tell our stories, after all this is what God had Moses do write it all down so others can learn from it.

I know of many women similar to your situation but they did not stay with their cheating husbands even if they were pastors, I think many just had enough but it was mostly the cheaters who chose to leave/abandon their family to follow their lust. But I think many stayed as long as they could to try and work it out. Also because of children.

And that takes great faith, to confess something like this like the woman who was bleeding for how many years or the one who ended up having five husbands and living with one who wasnt and the woman caught in adultery...all that women came to Jesus and were so wanting to be free and healed that it didnt matter about their reputation or what others thought they just hoped God would put it right and heal their brokenness.

I guess many people try and pretend things are ok when they arent. Well its important if things are NOT ok that you go see a doctor right? And yea he or she may tell you bad news but ar least you getting treatment. If you try and pretend things are ok how you ever going to get better? And the good news is rhat you do have a doctor who personally cares for you is on call 24/7 and will send home help! And He doesnt charge a cent!

Staff Member
Thank you for sharing the link to the book your are writing about your life @Sue J Love

I pray that you will be blessed and that your book will be a blessing to many.

There are many people in need on this forum who post in the prayer and councelling threads.
Perhaps you could use your experience of the Lord's goodness in your life to reach out to them and prayerfully seek to share a caring word for them.

If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, beingof one accord, of one mind.
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

Philippians 2:1-4

Status
Not open for further replies.