• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

I'm rather worried

I think it would be best for my own sanity to take a break from this site. I have read some things that really worry and scare me on here. I will not name names because that's just not fair to anyone. I respect all your views as you are entitled to them but some I will admit are shocking but not always in a bad way. This site is just very different to the others I am on. I am sorry if I have caused anyone problems before here.

Staff Member
No problems at all @Julie.S

At times it can be overwhelming when even a life time of study makes you feel that you've only scratched the surface of knowing what His Word contains. Especially, when as always, it has been others who have been the ones who have told one what is what. Trusting in the Holy Spirit that one has been sealed with in revealing the truth of His Word is the best foundation of trust you can grow from. It's probably the only foundation that will allow you to continue to build upon.

Others can pose the questions and provide answers, but it will be the Holy Spirit within you that will confess the truth to you.

So if you must go, please go with the knowledge that if you every need solace or fellowship. Know that Talk Jesus is here. At least until the Lord returns that is! :)

However, before you leave if there are any questions you have on why something is the way it is here at Talk Jesus. We'll surely attempt to answer them, as the Holy Spirit moves us to.
C4E
<><

Active
Just remember that Jesus loves you and desires for you to know Him.

My question to you is: What did you expect from a site called "Talk Jesus"?

Loyal
People are different. That is they come in all different shades and types of characters and this included those who have in any measure come to know the Lord.

I've known one lady for several years who at the first was overwhelmed by what she learned about the sometime drastic differences among people who call themselves Christians. She eventually had to back away from the conflicts and the too often very heated arguments she found. Unfortunately people still want their own way, the way that they have chosen to be the right way as God sees it and they are willing to forget about charity or love in the process of pushing their own agenda.

The spirit or Spirit of the moderators in the long run will usually make the difference in how comfortable most people can be on the forum. TJ is one of the best I have seen among Christian forums where some arguments or debating are allowed.

Leave if you must but when and if you decide to return to Christian Internet forums, you are unlikely to find a better one than TJ...

You are in my prayers.

Active

RJ

Don't name names but, what are the subjects and what causes you concern? After all, wouldn't want you to go under any type of bondage.

Just remember that Jesus loves you and desires for you to know Him.

My question to you is: What did you expect from a site called "Talk Jesus"?
Well honestly since I already believe in Jesus nothing much different from the other forums I go on.

Julie, what other sites are you on?
Just to clear this up for this post in particular I have no intention to or want to advertise these sites at all and I am listing these simply because I was asked.
christianforums (Thats the site name)
ecatholic2000 (I mostly use the chat room)
forums.catholic
If you search for them you should find them. Like I said I am not advertising these. Just saying that to be on the safe side.

Staff Member
The religion is here and Jesus all the same but the way people approach it is different not that its a bad thing.

Now you have me curious :)
In what way do we approach it differently?

Knowing just by looking at the names of 2 of the 3 sites that they are Catholic, also knowing from your bio that your mother is also Catholic and father Presbyterian could be the main influence in how you see religion and Jesus. Unless of cause they both converted after you grew up. Which would make your influence...........????...........

This is not necessarily a bad thing to be honest. Most or at least a good many here come from different denominations/religions as well. I'm sure you have found this out in your stay here at Talk Jesus. Not a bad thing I say, because you will find that it's not about the religion, but Jesus and God's Word and how the Holy Spirit reveals God's understanding to you. It's not a private thing for sure!

As with the Apostles and the disciples throughout the years. Some were great scholars, others were of simple learning. Yet all were empowered by the Holy Spirit to be more then they were through Jesus Christ.

Gosh...I could go on and on about the amazing differences and callings that God has made use, of those who call Him Lord and Savior. I'm sure you've found out that in its simplicity there is also a depth of learning and understanding that would take many lifetimes to come to a complete comprehension of. Much less the difficulties in the changing being done in us by the Holy Spirit. So that our words/learning will also match our walk.

Didn't mean to go on and on. Sometimes you get moved to just let someone else know that what they are going through is personal, but not necessarily unique. It happens to all of us, even though in different ways.

So......now that I've gone on and on :rolleyes:

Back to my opening question if you don't mind answering. "In what way do we here at Talk Jesus approach it differently (Religion/Jesus)?"

C4E
<><

Hey ranting/going on and on is good once in a while it helps get stuff out that you need to.

I find that here (and also on one of the other sites I go on) that I may be more laid back then some others are. This is mostly only to help keep my anxiety in check and so on. I feel a different vibe coming from this forum then others I go on and I have no idea why.

Staff Member
@Julie.S

Not knowing the other sites its difficult to try and do a comparison.

I've always seen Talk Jesus as being filled with the Body of Christ, Brothers & Sisters in Christ Jesus who are Holy Spirit filled even when they are not perfectly in agreement with each other as it pertains to doctrine and yet still maintain a curiosity, a desire to continue grow in Him with each other.

They are filled with compassion, humility, love and a sincere desire to help others. This doesn't mean that deception is accepted, for I'm sure you will find or have found that a warrior spirit also exists that comes out to attack and brake down someones errant position with Scripture with just as much vigor as the willingness to pray with that same person should they need it or ask for it.

Do the other sites do this? I hope so, but I really can't say.

The one bond that permeates this Christian Community is the Blood of Christ Jesus. A realization that nothing in this world can break what we have with the Lord and because of this each other. We may not ever see each other here in this world, but we know we'll see each later and know each other. For eternity is a long time, but short for one I would call Brother or Sister in Christ Jesus.

With the Love of Christ Jesus Julie with an S.
C4E
<><

@Julie.S

Not knowing the other sites its difficult to try and do a comparison.

I've always seen Talk Jesus as being filled with the Body of Christ, Brothers & Sisters in Christ Jesus who are Holy Spirit filled even when they are not perfectly in agreement with each other as it pertains to doctrine and yet still maintain a curiosity, a desire to continue grow in Him with each other.

They are filled with compassion, humility, love and a sincere desire to help others. This doesn't mean that deception is accepted, for I'm sure you will find or have found that a warrior spirit also exists that comes out to attack and brake down someones errant position with Scripture with just as much vigor as the willingness to pray with that same person should they need it or ask for it.

Do the other sites do this? I hope so, but I really can't say.

The one bond that permeates this Christian Community is the Blood of Christ Jesus. A realization that nothing in this world can break what we have with the Lord and because of this each other. We may not ever see each other here in this world, but we know we'll see each later and know each other. For eternity is a long time, but short for one I would call Brother or Sister in Christ Jesus.

With the Love of Christ Jesus Julie with an S.
C4E
<><
I think people on here come across differently though. They put things differently and sometimes it comes off as harsh. I understand Jesus is the way but you don't have to keep telling me that in half of the replies. It tends to drive me away a little.

The other sites I go one are rather open to everything including Atheists. Some people act harshly and shove the religion on them while others calmly tell them about it and then drop it.

I tend to tell people and then leave it at that. I can't force them to believe that solves nothing so I tell them and if they want to listen then they do and that's great.

I'm not saying people on here shove the belief on others here but some people can come across as harsh.

Don't name names but, what are the subjects and what causes you concern? After all, wouldn't want you to go under any type of bondage.
What do you mean by "go under any type of bondage"

I suppose the main subject is the one about gays but there are a few others I do not talk about much. I heard someone say something bad about religious tolerance also. It kind of left me with wondering how that is possible. Intolerance would cause so much trouble for others.

People are different. That is they come in all different shades and types of characters and this included those who have in any measure come to know the Lord.

I've known one lady for several years who at the first was overwhelmed by what she learned about the sometime drastic differences among people who call themselves Christians. She eventually had to back away from the conflicts and the too often very heated arguments she found. Unfortunately people still want their own way, the way that they have chosen to be the right way as God sees it and they are willing to forget about charity or love in the process of pushing their own agenda.

The spirit or Spirit of the moderators in the long run will usually make the difference in how comfortable most people can be on the forum. TJ is one of the best I have seen among Christian forums where some arguments or debating are allowed.

Leave if you must but when and if you decide to return to Christian Internet forums, you are unlikely to find a better one than TJ...

You are in my prayers.

Thank you!

I suppose we all have our own way though. The path to God and Jesus has many roads but they all end up at him in some way.

Active
What do you mean by "go under any type of bondage"

I suppose the main subject is the one about gays but there are a few others I do not talk about much. I heard someone say something bad about religious tolerance also. It kind of left me with wondering how that is possible. Intolerance would cause so much trouble for others.

Intolerance for sin only causes consternation in people who are doing the sinning. As Christians we are called to be intolerant of sin.

Staff Member
I think people on here come across differently though. They put things differently and sometimes it comes off as harsh. I understand Jesus is the way but you don't have to keep telling me that in half of the replies. It tends to drive me away a little.

The other sites I go one are rather open to everything including Atheists. Some people act harshly and shove the religion on them while others calmly tell them about it and then drop it.

I tend to tell people and then leave it at that. I can't force them to believe that solves nothing so I tell them and if they want to listen then they do and that's great.

I'm not saying people on here shove the belief on others here but some people can come across as harsh.

I guess it might drive you away, especially if you are a believer in Jesus as your Lord and Savior and it seems to they have missed that point. However, many use this as a way of impressing upon another a specific point to insure that the other understands that it is not from their own personal opinion they are saying what they are saying, but that Jesus is the reference/foundation of their point.

As far as Atheists are concerned. They come and go here as well. Except that this is Talk Jesus and not "Talk Nothingness". The desire is first that they come to the Lord, and the second is that when an attempt to justify their belief system and belief system it is, by attempting to point out that Christians are the ones living in fantasy land. Presenting them with the Case for Christ Jesus both historically and spiritually is paramount. You can find many a thread started by Atheists here who start out truly trying to make a point of why they believe as they believe. Yet, how can that ever stand the scrutiny from a Believer in Christ Jesus and the Word of God? So not convincing anyone and having no desire to think that what we are saying is the truth. They move on.

Hurt feelings abound no matter where you go. We sometimes fail to reconcile the thought of a Loving Jesus with the words He spoke. Below is Matthew 10:34-40. These are His words and from the worldly perspective do not seem loving at all.

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. "For I have come to 'set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law'; "and 'a man's enemies will be those of his [own] household.' "He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. "And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. "He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it. "He who receives you receives Me, and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.

Sometimes the truth does drive people away, but one thing happens with truth. It stays with you. You can lie to yourself that you even heard it, but when it is the Word of God. It will stay with you and pop up at the most importune times to remind us of its truth. We can attempt to communicate it in a loving way, which is difficult for many people to do. The written word is challenging even for the greatest of scholars. Yet, we still attempt to wording our responses in love. This does not mean we are to water down the Gospel or the message being communicated through scripture.

Remember Julie. There's a big difference between being open to everyone and us accepting their beliefs as being truth, even there own truth. We should protect others from being deceived whenever we can.

I could go on and on, but I think you get where I'm coming from. I just hope and pray this hasn't come off as being too harsh.
With the love of Christ Jesus
C4E
<><

Active
C4E <>< YOU my friend are on a roll again!!! Julie, I KNOW I come off blunt, bold & sometimes "in your face" but I have a BURNING passion to get the word of God out there as his disciples did. I do NOT mean to be offensive. I see it like this: If I were to see a child walking towards a busy road I would not calmly say "hey honey, you're gonna get hurt. I would scream, holler & run after the child because what he's about to do may kill him. That is what it is like when I read someone taking Jesus lightly. A busy street should not be taken lightly & neither should Jesus Christ. I do however see your point in a simple mention & then dropping it though. I also know that having a Catholic background will hinder you from learning correct doctrine. With so many "religions" that sprout up every so often the blur comes about. Many people think & feel that because they have always known it to be this way that is the way it must be. When Christ himself enters he will rewire us HIS way & recreate us the way we were intended had it not been for sin. We are sinful people without God & because of that boldness has to come about or it will be viewed as being something of less importance.